• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores

Started by HorseFeathers, January 10, 2017, 03:53:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 08, 2017, 09:03:56 am
That's a huge loss if he's out, he's there whole team!

Definitely a season changing loss if he's out very long at all.  Maybe it won't be too serious.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 08, 2017, 09:01:29 am
So Kirby won?  Or Blevins?  Says 64-63 Blevins but then Kirby by 3.
??? ??? ??? ??? ???
sorry. I mean for to say Kirby Sr girls!!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on February 08, 2017, 09:02:37 am
he hurt it with 2 minutes to go in game, blevins just out hustled kirby.   Blevins won by 1. 64-63
that's good to hear. I didn't get to make it this time and i didn't know the extent. Kirby focusing to much on end of the week games maybe?? Better figure it out.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 08, 2017, 09:25:22 am
that's good to hear. I didn't get to make it this time and i didn't know the extent. Kirby focusing to much on end of the week games maybe?? Better figure it out.

Blevins is a good team.  They match up pretty well with a Kirby team that doesn't have much of a post presence.  Handling Kirby's pressure is the key for any team to compete with them......easier said than done, but that's my opinion.

no mascot

I heard Kirby recruited the smith boy hard before he went to school there.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: no mascot on February 08, 2017, 10:30:09 am

Just gotta know how to communicate with a 4 year old.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SackAttack

Quote from: no mascot on February 08, 2017, 10:30:09 am
Troll!! Not really but thats what some say when I try to come across with witticism that only a few in my camp understand. They know who they are!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on February 08, 2017, 12:48:39 pm
Troll!! Not really but thats what some say when I try to come across with witticism that only a few in my camp understand. They know who they are!

::)

BasketballFan2A

Carson Smith is Coach Smiths son that coaches Kirby? how could they recruit when his dad coaches the team?

no mascot

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on February 08, 2017, 01:41:41 pm
Carson Smith is Coach Smiths son that coaches Kirby? how could they recruit when his dad coaches the team?
rumor has it. Carson was really the one they wanted back in the day. So they offered him the job lol hoping it'd stick.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 08, 2017, 02:00:53 pm
rumor has it. Carson was really the one they wanted back in the day. So they offered him the job lol hoping it'd stick.

Someone up in Pike County had a crystal ball.  Because I do believe Marty was coaching there before the twins came along.  Am I right on my timeline BannerChaser?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 08, 2017, 02:15:55 pm
Someone up in Pike County had a crystal ball.  Because I do believe Marty was coaching there before the twins came along.  Am I right on my timeline BannerChaser?
yes. That's the point haha!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 08, 2017, 10:18:55 am
Blevins is a good team.  They match up pretty well with a Kirby team that doesn't have much of a post presence.  Handling Kirby's pressure is the key for any team to compete with them......easier said than done, but that's my opinion.
did pretty good against deirks inside. I would say aside from 23 spencer jones. You are right. But jones can play ball.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 08, 2017, 03:32:04 pm
did pretty good against deirks inside. I would say aside from 23 spencer jones. You are right. But jones can play ball.

Jones is a good player, but he's not a post "presence".  On that team he has to play down there, but he is too light to bang with the big boys.  Against a team that handles the pressure and gets into a half-court set AND has a 6'2"+, 220+ post "presence", he will struggle to stay out of foul trouble.  Just my opinion.  No slight to Jones or Kirby.  They are still a top 3 or 4 team in the state with a legit shot to win it all.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 09, 2017, 08:35:04 am
Jones is a good player, but he's not a post "presence".  On that team he has to play down there, but he is too light to bang with the big boys.  Against a team that handles the pressure and gets into a half-court set AND has a 6'2"+, 220+ post "presence", he will struggle to stay out of foul trouble.  Just my opinion.  No slight to Jones or Kirby.  They are still a top 3 or 4 team in the state with a legit shot to win it all.
I'll take him any day of the week, you show me a "presence" that can bang inside and go out like him in this area I'll be impressed. I know you're not meaning anything by saying this. But he did just fine against dierks best player and he's over 6'2" and over 220 I bet. So I'll take him any day of the week. Of course I'm bias. But it's worked pretty well so far.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 09, 2017, 10:16:07 am
I'll take him any day of the week, you show me a "presence" that can bang inside and go out like him in this area I'll be impressed. I know you're not meaning anything by saying this. But he did just fine against dierks best player and he's over 6'2" and over 220 I bet. So I'll take him any day of the week. Of course I'm bias. But it's worked pretty well so far.

He had problems when Dierks handled the press (which wasn't often enough).  I'd take Jones on my team also, but not as a pure post player.  He just isn't strong enough to be physical with big guys AND have anything left in the tank for offensive production AND stay out of foul trouble.

BannerMountainMan

Calico Rock at Shirley tomorrow night, senior night and gonna be an eventful night for the seniors just like all schools. How is Calico Rock?

94hogs

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 09, 2017, 02:53:30 pm
Calico Rock at Shirley tomorrow night, senior night and gonna be an eventful night for the seniors just like all schools. How is Calico Rock?
Sr girls are not good.Boys aren't too bad

BannerMountainMan

62-25 Shirley over Calico end of 3rd

BannerChaser95

February 10, 2017, 08:26:39 pm #120 Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:44:13 pm by BannerChaser95
Kirby boys 46
Nevada 45
Final (Smith didn't play)

Kirby girls by 25

bhartgen

Bay 55
@Pocohontas 53
Sr. Boys
Final

Bomberman

February 10, 2017, 09:44:42 pm #122 Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 05:06:23 am by Bomberman
Norfork boys and girls both take wins over Jasper.

The boys won 53-46.  The girls final was 78-54

Boone

Omaha boys win at Western Grove.  Record is now 29-6

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Boone on February 11, 2017, 02:30:51 am
Omaha boys win at Western Grove.  Record is now 29-6
how close was the game?

94hogs

Quote from: Bomberman on February 10, 2017, 09:44:42 pm
Norfork boys and girls both take wins over Jasper.

The boys won 53-46.  The girls final was 78-54
Last regular season games. Great crowd last night.

Boone

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 11, 2017, 03:36:29 am
how close was the game?

I think Omaha had a big lead and WG put in a freshman that hit several threes
in a row. Omaha won by 14 or 16   

Thechosen1

Taylor Layne hits game winning 3 last night to beat Pocahontas @ pokey 55-53. Game was way closer than should've been but still a wins a win I guess.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas