• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne HC opening (filled - Van Paschal)

Started by Razorbacks48, January 09, 2017, 11:08:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks48

January 09, 2017, 11:08:12 am Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:37:09 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
any names for this? huge opening with lots of talent coming back and up from jr high

Football4ever

Heard Waymire from Truman applied.

Pat Swilling

I still think Wynne is one of the best pure football jobs in the state.  East Ark ain't so bad especially when your winning 10 + games a year.

Razorbacks48

waymire will be a good fit...and i agree Pat, this job is a lot bigger than apparently what most people think...either no one knows ANYTHING or EVERYTHING is under the table....

bigchief72455

Quote from: Football4ever on January 09, 2017, 02:09:18 pm
He would get closer to winning a state title there than Trumann.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: Pat Swilling on January 10, 2017, 10:37:43 am
I still think Wynne is one of the best pure football jobs in the state.  East Ark ain't so bad especially when your winning 10 + games a year.

I think on a football standpoint you are correct, potential for success is high in that town. 

Hatchet

Quote from: Football4ever on January 09, 2017, 02:09:18 pm
heard that was just a rumor.  99% sure it is.

Razorbacks48

wonder if any of the surrounding school's HC have applied? williams, Earle, Barton, Marion, McCrory?

birddawg1986

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 12, 2017, 09:22:51 am
wonder if any of the surrounding school's HC have applied? williams, Earle, Barton, Marion, McCrory?
Coach from McCrory would be a good one to start with.

ghostoffootballpast

Any predictions for this job?

Grond

What about Gosnell coach? Good program, runs flexbone. Wynne is going to want a successful coach; good chance for a winning 2A/3A/4A coach to move up.

This is pure speculation; have heard nothing.

FD4

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: FD4 on January 13, 2017, 11:36:49 am
Silence is Golden

Is this a cryptic message?  Are you suggesting Al Golden is going to be Wynne's next head coach? 

Haha, sorry I just remember all the Hogville conspiracy theories regarding the new head coach after Petrino.  "Gruden is wearing a red tie!  It's a sign! He's going to be Arkansas' next head coach!"

I haven't checked to see any flight plans for planes coming into Memphis or Jonesboro yet though.

Chip

I bet they hire the head coach from Nettleton.  I'm not sure where he's been before but his record there is not great.

whosyourdaddy

I have heard the top two are Bo Hembre from warren and former NLR head coach Brad Bolding

Razorbacks48

brad bolding is new parkview HC

purpleswag

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 16, 2017, 12:12:27 pm
brad bolding is new parkview HC

He's just fishing. I doubt Bo Hembre even applied

MDXPHD

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 13, 2017, 11:51:09 am
Is this a cryptic message?  Are you suggesting Al Golden is going to be Wynne's next head coach? 

Haha, sorry I just remember all the Hogville conspiracy theories regarding the new head coach after Petrino.  "Gruden is wearing a red tie!  It's a sign! He's going to be Arkansas' next head coach!"

I haven't checked to see any flight plans for planes coming into Memphis or Jonesboro yet though.

It's insane how our fans are on that board! I was reading the threads not too long ago about Charlie Strong and a possible flight from Texas to Fay shortly after he was fired. Of course, he was supposed to be our next defensive coordinator but I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Jckt4years

Quote from: Chip on January 16, 2017, 08:28:48 am
I bet they hire the head coach from Nettleton.  I'm not sure where he's been before but his record there is not great.

While I agree on the win/loss record question, maybe they are looking into a lot more than just wins and losses and more concerned with other qualities.

Iknewthemwhen

I'd check the win loss record of anyone they are looking at, bet its pretty impressive.

LionX2

Have they had interviews yet? Seems like this one has been open for too long not to be hearing any legit names

Razorbacks48

how legit is it that they're talking with Bolding? because the thing at Parkview is a done deal 100%

Rick Swines

I've heard basically the entire staff applied, An offensive coordinator from the 7A west, a few coaches in the conference (5a east), A coach from a mississippi private school that won state last year, A head coach from a 3a school in texas.  That was from a good source. They will probably start interviews this week. 

GotInfo?

Heard that they picked about 8-10 apps and will decide this week on how many of those they will actually bring in for interviews.  No word on who all is in that top 8-10.  My guess is that the district will interview 1 or 2 guys on staff and then several others.  Most schools have rules that require them to interview people who apply from within the district.

Pat Swilling

I still think Wynne is a top 10 football town in Arkansas.  Whoever they hire will win games.  This has to attract some good guys.

Chip

Quote from: Pat Swilling on January 17, 2017, 09:58:17 am
I still think Wynne is a top 10 football town in Arkansas.  Whoever they hire will win games.  This has to attract some good guys.

This wasn't the case for the 4 years before Chris got there.  I believe they won 15 games total in 4 years.  So to say that anyone can come in and be successful is just wishful thinking.  Now whoever goes there now is inheriting a good situation built off the back of someone else.  It's definitely in better shape now than when Chris took over, there's absolutely no doubt about that.

titan33

If Wynne is wanting to stay in that offense and continue to keep doing what they're doing then they might want to hire Paschal.
A little comparison of the two:
Hill has gone 48-14 in his first five years at Wynne.
Paschal went 45-16 in his first five years at Monticello.
5A division
The only difference Paschal won a State Title with a team very similar to Wynne's this past season and they had to beat PA to get there to beat a Camden Fairview team.
Not sure what Wynne is wanting to do but he would be a good fit for them right now.

Jacketalum07

Paschal has a daughter that goes to school in Wynne and his wife teaches at wynne. Theres a very good possibility that the new head coach could be Paschal! The flexbone is his specialty!

Okieback

STUNNA

Quote from: whosyourdaddy on January 16, 2017, 11:32:14 am
I have heard the top two are Bo Hembre from warren and former NLR head coach Brad Bolding

Hembree isnt going anywhere... at least not wynne

bigchief72455

Quote from: STUNNA on January 17, 2017, 06:47:04 pm
Hembree isnt going anywhere... at least not wynne
I don't see Hembree going to Wynne as a step up. Maybe a lateral move at best.

HogWild25

Paschal is the best fit for the Wynne program. He knows the offense, he knows the kids having his wife and daughter at the school. There is not a better Wishbone coach in the state. He does it the old fashion way, not the over-hyped style of a Kevin Kelly. My vote would be Paschal!

Jckt4years

Quote from: Chip on January 17, 2017, 11:39:30 am
This wasn't the case for the 4 years before Chris got there.  I believe they won 15 games total in 4 years.  So to say that anyone can come in and be successful is just wishful thinking.  Now whoever goes there now is inheriting a good situation built off the back of someone else.  It's definitely in better shape now than when Chris took over, there's absolutely no doubt about that.

Without a doubt a new work ethic and attitude was developed in the last 5 years with Coach Hill.   There was also a lot of other things that were developed that scarred many.  One thing you failed to mention was numbers...barely fielded 50 student athletes this year and numbers were possibly going to go even lower.   The good situation that will be inherited is work ethic, winning attitude and some absolutely great kids.   The staff should be given more credit than they have, not just for their dedication and work...but as much for holding things together.  Few coaches know the game like Hill.  He is a tremendous coach and so dedicated to the sport.  Collegiate is a great fit for sure, it is simply about the game there and nothing else. 

Razorbacks48

Jacketalum07

I was wondering the same! ^^^^

GotInfo?

Curious as to why the numbers are down?  School losing kids because I always thought numbers where never an issue at Wynne.

Rick Swines

I have heard they are interviewing 3.  Not really huge names in the coaching circles but all good coaches.  And yes Paschal is one of the 3. 

Idoknow

Quote from: Rick Swines on January 19, 2017, 11:05:40 am
I have heard they are interviewing 3.  Not really huge names in the coaching circles but all good coaches.  And yes Paschal is one of the 3.
Why would you say Paschal is not a huge name in the coaching circle?

tmycjy

Quote from: GotInfo? on January 19, 2017, 09:31:01 am
Curious as to why the numbers are down?  School losing kids because I always thought numbers where never an issue at Wynne.

Part of the reason is any sport u play u must be involved 12 months out of the year we had kids who played more then one sport

Razorbacks48

OB11

I have always heard that football always butted heads with other sports as far as sharing athletes.  I think some were having to choose to do one over the others.  In a 5A school that could cause some number problems. 

Redwolves8526

Quote from: OB11 on January 19, 2017, 01:07:07 pm
I have always heard that football always butted heads with other sports as far as sharing athletes.  I think some were having to choose to do one over the others.  In a 5A school that could cause some number problems.

Doesn't make sense to have kids choose between sports unless it's track and baseball...

Razorbacks48

Razorbacks48

widener from DA, McBride who is on staff, paschal from barton, nettletons HC, and not sure of the other. might be out of state guy

Pat Swilling

eight

I hear Moody from McClellan is interviewing.

Jckt4years

I think the numbers should get back to normal.

Jckt4years

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on January 19, 2017, 02:21:19 pm
Doesn't make sense to have kids choose between sports unless it's track and baseball...

Yea it seemed a lot of things haven't made a lot of sense.

Okieback

Quote from: Jckt4years on January 20, 2017, 04:35:22 pm
Yea it seemed a lot of things haven't made a lot of sense.

When you don't do what is required or you refuse to, guess what you don't play.

Jckt4years

Quote from: Okieback on January 21, 2017, 01:57:48 pm
When you don't do what is required or you refuse to, guess what you don't play.

if you think that comment had anything whatsoever to do with playing time, then you have missed the point or not aware.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas