• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville Open (filled - Billy Dawson)

Started by Brian G, January 04, 2017, 06:46:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Van Winkle

nuttinbuthogs

I understand that, but what does that tell your staff?  You will never be good enough to be the man.

ricepig

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on January 22, 2017, 04:47:53 pm
I understand that, but what does that tell your staff?  You will never be good enough to be the man.

Go be the man at somewhere else first?

nuttinbuthogs

I think that was my point. 

ricepig

Redwolves8526

Heard from a close source that they offered a coach from St. Louis. Not sure if he will take it though.

coachsearch

Why has it been so quite this time, last time they posted all the applicants and where they were from...This time nothing

Okieback

Since my last 4 predictions have been correct.  I will go out on a limb and predict this one, again.  Out of stater ;)

Razorbacks48

Quote from: coachsearch on January 23, 2017, 09:44:52 am
Why has it been so quite this time, last time they posted all the applicants and where they were from...This time nothing
every open coaching position has been quiet this year...beginning to just be about politics and "who you know" rather than who the best guy for the job is. every position is about going back to their hometown and this and that but then everyone complains when they lose

Brian G

Nick Saban is at FHS today.

Just saying.....

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on January 23, 2017, 01:44:12 pm
Nick Saban is at FHS today.

Just saying.....

I thought Gus would be the coach from Alabama applying, hmm......

coachsearch

Might be from AL but not those two guys

Rob Van Winkle

Iknewthemwhen

The local news usually finds out and prints it, doesn't look like the news is in the know.

tomdawg55

tomdawg55

After getting thump elected he is up to the calling

Brian G

Quote from: ricepig on January 23, 2017, 01:49:49 pm
I thought Gus would be the coach from Alabama applying, hmm......
Over my dead body.

airitout

they didn't post all the applicants...they hired a guy not on that list

airitout

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 23, 2017, 12:41:47 pm
every open coaching position has been quiet this year...beginning to just be about politics and "who you know" rather than who the best guy for the job is. every position is about going back to their hometown and this and that but then everyone complains when they lose

so the guy that just left was from fayetteville?

theoleballcoach

When a school is FOI'd, they have to turn in everything they have.  Chances are Blankenship came into the picture offer the FOI was received.

Iknewthemwhen

nuttinbuthogs

Tigerdad2

Thursday after the school board meeting

Iknewthemwhen

Rob Van Winkle

Rumor has it Dawson was in FV today with his wife. He's originally from Bentonville so he has family ties in NWA. If the school board the timing makes sense. Finalize the deal today, tell RussVegas he's leaving tomorrow and get officially announced Thursday night. Stay tuned folks..::

Brian G

It should be out on Wed.

Won't surprise many.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on January 24, 2017, 10:37:06 pm
Rumor has it Dawson was in FV today with his wife. He's originally from Bentonville so he has family ties in NWA. If the school board the timing makes sense. Finalize the deal today, tell RussVegas he's leaving tomorrow and get officially announced Thursday night. Stay tuned folks..::
Great hire

GotInfo?

Great hire!  Not a real surprise though.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: GotInfo? on January 25, 2017, 09:25:51 am
Great hire!  Not a real surprise though.

Very good hire.  Always wins!

AirWarren

State titles in 4a and 6a. Now off to 7a.

SUGARTOWN

I wonder who's had more coaching jobs, Dawson or Chris Hill? They both move on every 3-4 years. I'd keep those resumes handy Fayetteville.

Pat Swilling

He may only be there few years buy I bet they win games.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 25, 2017, 10:04:35 am
I wonder who's had more coaching jobs, Dawson or Chris Hill? They both move on every 3-4 years. I'd keep those resumes handy Fayetteville.
I bet this will be his last stop. He is right around 50 and I don't see any other job in Arkansas better than this one.

sportsguy80

How many years was he at Nashville? It seems he was there for awhile.

SUGARTOWN

January 25, 2017, 12:48:15 pm #184 Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 12:53:23 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: sportsguy80 on January 25, 2017, 12:36:35 pm
How many years was he at Nashville? It seems he was there for awhile.

He coached at Nashville 8 years total, 2 separate stints, he left for 2 years then returned when Tim Perry didn't work out.

polksalet

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 25, 2017, 12:48:15 pm
He coached at Nashville 8 years total, 2 separate stints, he left for 2 years then returned when Tim Perry didn't work out.

Making Fayetteville great again!

RebelPride04

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 25, 2017, 10:04:35 am

Hill was at Wynne 6 years, Dawson was at Nashville for 7 or 8. Nothing wrong with moving on to better jobs. Every career is suppose to be about moving up the ladder I thought? There would be quite a few more coaches that have had numerous jobs if they were chosen every time they applied. Congrats to Coach Dawson! Fayetteville just got even better.

Iknewthemwhen

Assuming Dawson is going to be announced, and I'm pretty sure he will be, this is a very good hire.  Don't know they could have done any better. 

Sick Dog

Great hire Purple Dogs!!!!! Consider yourselves lucky. By far the best candidate out there to hire anywhere!! Cant go wrong with this one. He will stay there until Arkansas Tech hires him as their new coach whenever that may be. Congrats on your next couple of State Championships. If you dont win them it wont be because you were out coached.

Lumberjackfan1978

Congrats coach Dawson a great coach and a class act Fayetteville will keep on winning.Dawson can just about win anywhere.

ABC™

Congrats to Coach Dawson!

Grizzlyfan

Much more traditional hire for the Bulldogs this time.  Guy has always been a winner.  But remember, he's in D1 now!

Oldbadger

The Bulldogs hit a home run with this hire.  Can't think of a better person to take this job.  A proven winner!  Congrats Fayetteville and Coach Dawson!

Rob Van Winkle

When will he officially start? My guess is it will be next week if not sooner!!!

Okieback

Well, I got this wrong.  But I actually think I was pretty close on predicting.  Pretty sure the 2 other finalist were out of state guys.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Okieback on January 26, 2017, 11:48:02 am
Well, I got this wrong.  But I actually think I was pretty close on predicting.  Pretty sure the 2 other finalist were out of state guys.

yes, not really, it sounds good.

nuttinbuthogs

Just wondering if FV did hire Dawson, I hadn't seen anything for sure.

Brian G

GotInfo?

Word is he gets hire 2, maybe even 3 guys.  Any idea who that might be??

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas