• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very early and possibly pointless top 10

Started by Hornet4ever, December 12, 2016, 02:52:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

December 12, 2016, 02:52:42 am Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 06:56:36 pm by Hornet4ever
Yes, season just ended. But, why not? A million things could change, and this is all speculation. Shoot the top 10's out!

1. Mt Ida - Young, and explosive group of kids who just won a state title. Should be a front runner on just about everyones list.

2. Hampton - I'll give Hampton the benefit of the doubt for a number two spot going into next season. I've heard they had a good junior high, and sophomores this season played very well.

3. Des Arc - Des Arc is always good, and I'm sure they will be just as good next season.

4. Earle - Bohannon, (feels like hes been there forever) should blossom well next season. Earle is young and full of athletes.

5. Hackett - A team made up of mostly sophomores who contributed extremley well and played tough. Have to replace a couple of big linemen though.

6. CHG - Camden Harmony Grove has big numbers, and I'm sure will play well again and the seasons after that.

7. Danville - Danville is another team that is always salty, and with a huge sophomore class it shouldn't be no different.

8. Conway Christian - Conway Christian has a lot of talent as well, the Eagles should handle themselves well in the 5-2A.

9. Cross County - Cross County handled themselves well, and played tough in the playoffs. Shouldnt be any different next season.

10. England - I dont know much about Englands youth. But I'm sure coach Farmer will have something cooking.

You could probably take this top 10, shuffle it around and take teams out and put others in and it could prove true. Just figure it would be fun to discuss and throw some stuff out there.

*Other possibles*

Dierks
Mountainburg
Murfreesboro
EPC
Hector - (I know nothing about Hector honestly)
Foreman
Rison
Hazen
Bearden

We'll see I guess - already ready for next season!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

December 12, 2016, 04:54:23 am #1 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:24:14 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Just a little insight on des arc.  Every game this season we started at least 7 sophomores. Sometimes 8 or 9. We have a very good class of sophomores to be coming up and yes there is a Conway in that class too.. We were as young as any team in 2A.

HG Hornet

I think we all are more familiar with our conferences and who our teams played.  There are only 10 spots in the top 10, but I would say the the 2A-8 might have four in there next August with Hampton, Bearden, Rison, and CHG all returning good competitive teams.  I also know what we saw from Hector and Cross County, they'll be tough next year.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 12, 2016, 02:52:42 am
Yes, season just ended. But, why not? A million things could change, and this is all speculation. Shoot the top 10's out!

1. Mt Ida - Young, and explosive group of kids who just won a state title. Should be a front runner on just about everyones list.

2. Hampton - I'll give Hampton the benefit of the doubt for a number two spot going into next season. I've heard they had a good junior high, and sophomores this season played very well.

3. Des Arc - Des Arc is always good, and I'm sure they will be just as good next season.

4. Earle - Bohannon, (feels like hes been there forever) should blossom well next season. Earle is young and full of athletes.

5. Hackett - A team made up of mostly sophomores who contributed extremley well and played tough. Have to replace a couple of big linemen though.

6. CHG - Camden Harmony Grove has big numbers, and I'm sure will play well again and the seasons after that.

7. Danville - Danville is another team that is always salty, and with a huge sophomore class it shouldn't be no different.

8. Conway Christian - Conway Christian has a lot of talent as well, the Eagles should handle themselves well in the 5-2A.

9. Cross County - Cross County handled themselves well, and played tough in the playoffs. Shouldnt be any different next season.

10. England - I dont know much about Englands youth. But I'm sure coach Farmer will have something cooking.

You could probably take this top 10, shuffle it around and take teams out and put others in and it could prove true. Just figure it would be fun to discuss and throw some stuff out there.

*Other possibles*

Dierks
Mountainburg
Murfreesboro
EPC
Hector - (I know nothing about Hector honestly)
Foreman
Rison
Hazen

We'll see I guess - already ready for next season!

I think Dierks is a top 25 team that might make the playoffs.Top 20 at best. We lost a ton of seniors and our skill players next season will be young. Good tailback coming back and good reciever so they might impress me but will need to improve weekly to get any attention. Plus Foreman will be good and Mt Ida has the keys to the conference...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 12, 2016, 04:54:23 am
Just a little insight on des arc.  Every game this season we started at least 7 sophomores. Sometimes 8 or 9. We have a very good class of sophomores to be coming up and yes there is a Conway in that class too.. We were as young as any team in 2A.

Same in Hackett. Leader tackler, leading rusher and our leading receiver were all sophomores. Next couple of years are going to be fun. I really enjoyed watching the sophomores this season in junior high. They lost 1 game in three seasons. This year was impressive too. Just hope everything stays on a good track you know.

sickwillie

Good point about Hector lol same here.

I like your top ten, but I do think Bearden will be a legit contender next year as well.

ljfan92

1. Mt Ida
2. Earle
3. Danville
4. Hackett
5. Conway Christian
6. Des Arc
7. Hampton
8. England
9. CHG
10. Cross County

playmaker04

I'll just copy and paste this again. I got bored so I did alot of homework. Lol. This is the way I see it.

1 Mt Ida- losing 5 srs.from a team that made the finals. Huge Jr and soph class. Return LaGrange 1318 rushing 27 tds. QB Jackson and Helms 94 tackles.
2 CHG- lost QB Whitley but return Hicks 1252 APY,Hill 700+ rec and 11 tds and Garcia 600+ APY,Bearden 124 tackles
3 Earle- Bohannon will be tough to stop. A huge Jr class that dominated in Jr high.
4 Conway Christian- lost Smith 1328 rec and 18 tds and Houge 145 tackles but return QB Wood 3000+ passing and 35 tds and Gates 1266 total yards. Big soph class.
5 Cross County- lose QB Thomas 1356 passing and 14 tds,M.Boykin 549 rec but return 2900+ rushing yards. All-State KK Boykin 1396 APY 16 tds,116 tackles,Henderson 1305 rushing 14 tds,V an Houten 8 sacks. Big soph class.
6 Bearden-Played in arguably the toughest conference. Returns huge Jr and Soph class.
7 Rison- same as Bearden,big Jr class,huge soph class
8 Hackett- lose QB Stormed 1792 passing 23 tds and collins 813 rec 15 tds but return Shipman 1000+ rushing,mcbride 750+ APY,Hester 723 rec. Big Jr and sr class.
9 Des Arc- lose O.Conway 1185 rushing 13 tds and Williams but return D.Conway 1068 APY. Big soph class.
10 Hampton- lose Thomas 2000+APY,Hagler1100 APY,Childs 700+ APY but return a huge soph class and leading tacklers Murphy 111T and Stephens 93T.

Could be rebuilding
England- lose 19 Srs Brazeal,Coleman,Westbrook and Thompson. Could be a big rebuilding year.
Hector-lose All-Everything Gaines but still have talent with Landrum,Graham and Haralson.
Danville- losing over 2000+ rushing in Madding and Thurman and only 5 jr's but have a huge soph class.

Teams that could surprise
Foreman- losing over 2100 rushing yds in Hall and Moore but return Batey 1000+ rushing. Big Jr class.
Murfreesboro- large Jr and Soph classes.
McCrory- Huge Jr class
Lavaca- only lost 5 Srs. Big Jr and soph class. Several skill players returning.

Disappointing:
Magnet Cove- Team has 50 kids on sidelines with huge Sr,jr and Soph class but only wins 3 games.
Lafayette co- loaded with speed and big sr class this team only won 2 games on the field. They lose college prospect Williams and L. Miller 1389 APY 12 tds.
Parkers chapel- Returned college prospect Jackson this season but only won 4 games after starting 3-0. Good news is only losing 6 srs and have a nice sophomore class and big freshman class moving up. Light may be at the end of the tunnel

Cheek

England did lose a big Sr. Class, but they return players use to winning.  England has only lost two Jr. High games in the past three years and one was to 4A Warren by 8pts.  This will be a different type of team as they will not be as pass happy.   We will have to see when the season starts, but if they come together, this team will be tough to beat.   

jsw6f0

Watched CHG when they played Ida if # 3 gets his head right I think they are top 5 with the skill players they have coming back. Are they losing much of their line.

fresh_prince

Quote from: jsw6f0 on December 12, 2016, 04:21:33 pm
Watched CHG when they played Ida if # 3 gets his head right I think they are top 5 with the skill players they have coming back. Are they losing much of their line.

They are losing one lineman that I am aware of. Possibly getting a couple from jr high. They have a freshman running back that could possibly give them a three headed monster similar to hamptons this year.

HG Hornet

December 12, 2016, 06:40:11 pm #11 Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 08:30:57 am by CHG Hornet
Quote from: jsw6f0 on December 12, 2016, 04:21:33 pm
Yes,  we are only losing one lineman.  The others are juniors except #61, who is a beast of a freshman.  #79 at center was brought up as a freshman two years ago and is now a 3 year letterman.  He's a bad boy.  #77 is tall, fast, and strong and plays mean.  #58 plays hard and is no pushover either.  If he puts some muscle on this off season, he'll be a big part of a very solid offensive line.  We have several big freshmen who'll be sophomores next year, one of which will get some major time on the line.  We also have a very good offensive line coach who works hard with the guys.  They all love Moose.

Fresh Prince is right about our young freshman.  He moved up for us until the Hector game.  He's super fast and scored in all three games he played in until he chose junior high basketball over finishing the football season out.  He'll help out a lot and give #5, #3, and #9 some competition at running back.  CHG is 4 deep at RB.

#3 is very good and has a passion for the game.  Every loss devastates him.  Gotta control his emotions and play smart.  His dad was one of CHG's best back in the late 90s.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: sickwillie on December 12, 2016, 08:36:14 am
Good point about Hector lol same here.

I like your top ten, but I do think Bearden will be a legit contender next year as well.

I completely forgot about Bearden. I would put them on a contender list for sure. Good athletes

tacklethis...

I really think Hampton folds up again after this loss. I think they are a playoff team next year but not a conference contender. This loss is something that will be hard to move on from. The tradition that keeps teams fighting is not present. But it does have to start somewhere and at sometime.

Im not against Hampton please dont take it that way, I know you have good kids coming up but they must develop into true leaders to get this program some tradition.

BO_KNOWS

Yea well take next year off!! In your dreams lol!!

tacklethis...

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on December 13, 2016, 07:17:03 am
Yea well take next year off!! In your dreams lol!!

Well, you took last year off....

too easy

Hornet4ever

BO_KNOWS

We took a year off and still finished better than y'all this year  lol

tacklethis...

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on December 13, 2016, 07:21:40 am
We took a year off and still finished better than y'all this year  lol

We did do something this season that you couldnt...

Rida4Life

Not much research here so this is mainly personal opinion based on what little bit I know about most of these teams.
1. Mt. Ida
2. Harmony Grove
3. Danville
4. Des Arc
5. Cross County
6. Earle
7. Foreman
8. Conway Christian
9. Hampton
10. Bearden

jsw6f0

Tacklethis classic post. I can't have Foreman in the top 10 they always seem to disappear at the end of the season. Ida, CHG, Danville I think it co.es down to one of these three next year

Hornet4ever

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 13, 2016, 08:43:30 am
We did do something this season that you couldnt...

*MIC DROP AGAIN*

WHEN WILL IT STOP

M.I. D

From what I know Mount Ida has coming back they will be good again. I do remember CHG people telling me they were pretty young. They will be good too. Danville lost their QB and that's a big time loss for them. They will still be very solid tho. I believe Foreman had several seniors. I know they had some good 10th graders so ill wait to say much on them.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 12, 2016, 06:57:09 pm
I completely forgot about Bearden. I would put them on a contender list for sure. Good athletes

Bearden's O line will average over three hundred lbs., if the underclass develops and should be stout in 2017. That's crazy! Then we can get a look at the wheels on Tyler Berry. Coach H & staff will have options.

Ventman

HG Hornet

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on December 13, 2016, 12:50:15 pm
Bearden's O line will average over three hundred lbs., if the underclass develops and should be stout in 2017. That's crazy! Then we can get a look at the wheels on Tyler Berry. Coach H & staff will have options.
Berry is very good and he's a nice young man.  He and my son are friends. 

jsw6f0

Give us the stats on the 300 lb lineman as far as height and weight if you have them.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on December 13, 2016, 12:50:15 pm

I dont believe that...you might have a couple of lineman at 300 pounds...but a 2A school with a line "average " of 300 pounds...i just don't see it

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 13, 2016, 03:49:31 pm
I dont believe that...you might have a couple of lineman at 300 pounds...but a 2A school with a line "average " of 300 pounds...i just don't see it

I 2nd this motion

bear for life

Bearden linemen 2017 w.williams 6'3 287  t.clark 6'1 320 S Graves 6'3 325 J.labeff 5'9 295 M.campbell 5'8 245 not exactly 300 but really close

ThreadWatcher

What are they feeding them boys down there? Lol

mr.gametime

Quote from: bear for life on December 13, 2016, 04:43:28 pm
Bearden linemen 2017 w.williams 6'3 287  t.clark 6'1 320 S Graves 6'3 325 J.labeff 5'9 295 M.campbell 5'8 245 not exactly 300 but really close

Ok....thats a big line ...an average of around 295 ...but i knew it wasn't over 300 like you said at first...lol....do williams already have an offer from ULM???

bear for life

Williams brother was the big guy that graduated lady year an sign with ulm

mr.gametime

Quote from: bear for life on December 13, 2016, 05:11:17 pm
Williams brother was the big guy that graduated lady year an sign with ulm

Yeah i know his big brother signed with ULM last year...but it seems like i remember a Bearden poster ...posting that they had also offered his little brother...unless they didnt know what they were talking about.. lol

jsw6f0

Any 2A school would take that 295 average. The

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 13, 2016, 05:00:06 pm
Ok....thats a big line ...an average of around 295 ...but i knew it wasn't over 300 like you said at first...lol....do williams already have an offer from ULM???

Didn't say did average, I said will average for what it's worth. 

Backwoods Bart

December 13, 2016, 08:09:15 pm #36 Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 04:46:08 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: mr.gametime on December 13, 2016, 05:14:21 pm
Yeah i know his big brother signed with ULM last year...but it seems like i remember a Bearden poster ...posting that they had also offered his little brother...unless they didnt know what they were talking about.. lol

we always know what we are talking about. This is better info than drive time sports . lol

Hornet4ever

Hackett had three linemen this season over 250+ that's a big step for us. Haha

tacklethis...

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 13, 2016, 09:04:26 pm
Hackett had three linemen this season over 250+ that's a big step for us. Haha

And one of those dudes was really tall!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 14, 2016, 05:15:45 am
And one of those dudes was really tall!

What sucks is we had another linemen who will be a senior this next season who missed almost the whole season, he is a big kid. 6'2 230 or so. He played the last couple of weeks this season. Hope he takes over the line and becomes a leader. I remember when i was in school we had small lines. Lol

playmaker04

Cross County line next season. Jr Wyatt Melton 6-3 345,S r Cody Sides 6-1 240,Jr Eli Hill 6-1 245,Sr Ryan Callicot 5-10 230,Jr Caleb McCammon 6-3 205

mr.gametime

Quote from: playmaker04 on December 14, 2016, 09:50:46 am
Cross County line next season. Jr Wyatt Melton 6-3 345,S r Cody Sides 6-1 240,Jr Eli Hill 6-1 245,Sr Ryan Callicot 5-10 230,Jr Caleb McCammon 6-3 205

Thats decent for a 2A school...i dont think people realize how much its helps a team in class 2A when you have a big o-line....mt.ida is a perfect example

M.I. D

Mount Ida's biggest is probably 265-270 and smallest 230 ish. The biggest line I remember us having was in 07. If my memory is right we had a 360 lb tackle, another 260-270 tackle on other side. A 250-260 lb guard a 200-210 lb guard and about a 230-240 lb center. The 2016 line is close to that size minus the 360 lb tackle. In 2017 we will be close to the same size again returning all but 1 lineman and a 240 lb tight end.

HG Hornet

Quote from: M.I. D on December 14, 2016, 01:17:33 pm
Mount Ida's biggest is probably 265-270 and smallest 230 ish. The biggest line I remember us having was in 07. If my memory is right we had a 360 lb tackle, another 260-270 tackle on other side. A 250-260 lb guard a 200-210 lb guard and about a 230-240 lb center. The 2016 line is close to that size minus the 360 lb tackle. In 2017 we will be close to the same size again returning all but 1 lineman and a 240 lb tight end.
Your 240 lb. tight end is the one who made the strip at the goal line, isn't he?  Heard he came back from what he thought was a season ending injury in July and got to play in the final two games.  Definitely made an impact in the last game!  That's a nice success story there.   

M.I. D

December 14, 2016, 02:11:57 pm #44 Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:13:35 pm by M.I. D
Quote from: CHG Hornet on December 14, 2016, 01:35:07 pm
Your 240 lb. tight end is the one who made the strip at the goal line, isn't he?  Heard he came back from what he thought was a season ending injury in July and got to play in the final two games.  Definitely made an impact in the last game!  That's a nice success story there.   

He played a little in the 2nd round and played a lot the last 3 games. He played TE and DE. Yes he broke his ankle in june or july in 7 on 7 and was able to come back for the last 4 games. Its a great story and he for sure helped our team on both sides of the ball. He was the one who stripped the ball on the 1 in the finals. I don't know his plans but he can play at the next level for someone who needs a good TE that can catch and is a great blocker.

mr.gametime

Quote from: M.I. D on December 14, 2016, 01:17:33 pm

McCrory had a huge offensive line in 2009....smallest guy was around 255 and the largest was about 300 and a couple others were in the 280 pound range

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 14, 2016, 03:19:05 pm
McCrory had a huge offensive line in 2009....smallest guy was around 255 and the largest was about 300 and a couple others were in the 280 pound range

Des arc will avg over 200 on the line next year. if the kids grow good between now and then it couod get over 220. With the biggest will be rivereagles nephew, C. Crawford hes around 6'4 and 265 or so.

playmaker04

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 14, 2016, 11:48:13 am
Thats decent for a 2A school...i dont think people realize how much its helps a team in class 2A when you have a big o-line....mt.ida is a perfect example
The Melton kid is college material.At 6'3 345 the kid is quick and mobile. Plays NG too.

Backwoods Bart

December 17, 2016, 02:05:49 am #48 Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:07:32 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: mr.gametime on December 13, 2016, 03:49:31 pm

3 of the 4 down linemen, are 300# or over now, and the 4th is 295# now. The only way you will not see them, is if one of them get injured, or one of the scrappy 200 pounders beat them out. They are coming! Go Bears!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 14, 2016, 04:35:03 pm
Des arc will avg over 200 on the line next year. if the kids grow good between now and then it couod get over 220. With the biggest will be rivereagles nephew, C. Crawford hes around 6'4 and 265 or so.

That's a big kid!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas