• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many Conference Titles for Warren & Nashville the past 10 years

Started by OkieinPG, December 06, 2016, 01:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OkieinPG

I tried to find this on the old Interweb, but was unsuccessful.  How many conference titles does Warren & Nashville each have the past 10 years?

STUNNA

Quote from: OkieinPG on December 06, 2016, 01:01:29 pm
I tried to find this on the old Interweb, but was unsuccessful.  How many conference titles does Warren & Nashville each have the past 10 years?

Since Bo has coached at Warren I believe he has been conference champs besides 3-4 seasons.

LJ06

Quote from: OkieinPG on December 06, 2016, 01:01:29 pm

Warren past ten years:

Conference titles - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
State titles - 2014
State title appearances - 2013, 2014, 2016

Nashville past ten years:

2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016
State titles - 2007, 2015
State title appearances - 2007, 2015

With a Warren victory Friday night Warren will have a strong case on being the best program in 4A the past 10 years

cuckoobird

Now wait a second, you know Nashville isn't going to like that

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 06, 2016, 03:13:30 pm
Now wait a second, you know Nashville isn't going to like that
Can't argue with data, but we know who's not in the mix, now don't we cuck?

~WPS~

Agreed can't argue with facts. Both programs have been at the top of 4A for a while now. The only major statistical difference is head to head.

AirWarren

Warren. Nashville. Stuttgart.

Like 3 relatives bickering at who is going to get the last roll at the dinner table. Haha

LJ06

Quote from: ~WPS~ on December 06, 2016, 03:46:43 pm
Agreed can't argue with facts. Both programs have been at the top of 4A for a while now. The only major statistical difference is head to head.

Pretty much and Nashville has a big advantage there. Other than that it's pretty even.

OkieinPG

Would you agree Nashville plays in a tougher conference?  Both are impressive with Warren 8-2 and Nashville 7-3.  Is there anybody in Warren's conference that gives them a run for their money consistently?  The same for Nashville? 

AirWarren

Quote from: OkieinPG on December 06, 2016, 04:07:02 pm
Would you agree Nashville plays in a tougher conference?  Both are impressive with Warren 8-2 and Nashville 7-3.  Is there anybody in Warren's conference that gives them a run for their money consistently?  The same for Nashville? 

Dollarway
Hamburg
Star city

All three teams give us a good game. Usually tight ball games in the first and second half

~WPS~

The 7-4A has changed so much over the years. Teams like CAC and PA made it very tough for years. Since those left Arkadelphia is probably the most consistently good team. But there isn't another powerhouse in the 7-4A anymore.

OkieinPG

What's the secret formula to having this much success?  It's difficult to win that many conference titles in a consistent manner.  I don't know the number for Prairie Grove, but I recall Gravette was a solid team 5-10 years back having won the conference a few times and Shiloh has won a few times as well.  I'm guessing PG has won 5 or 6 out of the last 10.

~WPS~

~WPS~

Something interesting I found is that the last 3 state titles Nashville has won they had to beat Warren in the process. Warren hasn't had to beat Nashville to win a state title, and has never beaten Nashville in the playoffs. Really a meaningless fact, but caught my attention.

STUNNA

A dominant win for Warren against Nashville is what started Warrens run as a powerhouse in 4A football.

~WPS~

Yeah y'all were loaded in 2001.

That was actually the last time Nashville played a 4A opponent in non-conference.

STUNNA

Quote from: ~WPS~ on December 06, 2016, 04:59:02 pm
Yeah y'all were loaded in 2001.

Best high school team ive ever seen at this level. I don't think any other Warren team could beat them.

AirWarren

Quote from: ~WPS~ on December 06, 2016, 04:52:36 pm
Talent, coaching, support.

All starts with community support and involvement. The kids in these towns are raised to be Lumberjacks. Or scrappers. Combing that with talent and coaching and you have a perennial winner.

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2016, 05:09:46 pm
All starts with community support and involvement. The kids in these towns are raised to be Lumberjacks. Or scrappers. Combing that with talent and coaching and you have a perennial winner.
Kids want to play, ask just about any elementary kid at Nashville, he will tell ya, "I'm going to be a scrapper!"

~WPS~

And it doesn't just happen over night. That's where tradition comes into play.

LJ06

Quote from: ~WPS~ on December 06, 2016, 05:29:27 pm

But some people think tradition means nothing and can't help win you games lol

Of course this is always the argument for teams who have little to no tradition lol

~WPS~

Quote from: LJ06 on December 06, 2016, 05:37:11 pm
But some people think tradition means nothing and can't help win you games lol

Of course this is always the argument for teams who have little to no tradition lol
Those that have nothing, know nothing.

AirWarren

Yup. Warren has always been a consistent winning program.

The 2000 season and winning 9 games in Hembree's first season turned the tide. The very next year he comes out and the Jacks win 15 in a row en route to their first state title. Then it simply became a matter of feeding the monster. The talent was there. The support was there. Just needed the right coach.

Look at Greenwood. Floor mat program for MANY years. Now look at them. Simply amazing.

Nashville and Greenwood. That would be a GREAT nonconference.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2016, 06:34:10 pm
Yup. Warren has always been a consistent winning program.

The 2000 season and winning 9 games in Hembree's first season turned the tide. The very next year he comes out and the Jacks win 15 in a row en route to their first state title. Then it simply became a matter of feeding the monster. The talent was there. The support was there. Just needed the right coach.

Look at Greenwood. Floor mat program for MANY years. Now look at them. Simply amazing.

Nashville and Greenwood. That would be a GREAT nonconference.

I was thinking Nashville vs Russellville ;D

AirWarren

Romeo

Warren vs. Greenwood Hooten's Classic 2017. Make it happen Bo.

AirWarren

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2016, 07:49:46 pm
Need to get our depth up haha

And then some. Afraid the woodshed would be calling our name in that one lol.

bigchief72455

That is what we are working on in Pocahontas.

beach bum

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: ~WPS~ on December 06, 2016, 04:55:34 pm
Something interesting I found is that the last 3 state titles Nashville has won they had to beat Warren in the process. Warren hasn't had to beat Nashville to win a state title, and has never beaten Nashville in the playoffs. Really a meaningless fact, but caught my attention.
So the road to the championship normally goes through Warren in some form or fashion. I'll take that as a compliment.
2012  Stuttgart beat Warren and went on to be champs.
2013  Booneville beat Warren to be champs
2014  Warren state champs
2015  Nashville beat Warren, eventual state champs
2016  Warren vs Pea Ridge. ????

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 07, 2016, 07:29:35 am
So the road to the championship normally goes through Warren in some form or fashion. I'll take that as a compliment.
2012  Stuttgart beat Warren and went on to be champs.
2013  Booneville beat Warren to be champs
2014  Warren state champs
2015  Nashville beat Warren, eventual state champs
2016  Warren vs Pea Ridge. ????
yep Warren always has a say most of the time on the road to the championship.I like that.

Jacketman65

Just amazing that Warren continues to win every year and contend for championships!  So many times we see teams make a run and then disappear.  One of the most consistent teams that I have seen.

Romeo

As Doc Rivers once said, you have to fight for your culture everyday. That's what Coach Hembree does at Warren and he's created a culture of winning. I think the best coaches in the state are able to get players to buy into their vision, hold everyone in the program to the same standard and are humble enough to know they don't know everything, and therefore, never stop learning to become a better coach. He's done that for 17 years at Warren and that's why were consistent.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Romeo on December 07, 2016, 11:57:26 am
As Doc Rivers once said, you have to fight for your culture everyday. That's what Coach Hembree does at Warren and he's created a culture of winning. I think the best coaches in the state are able to get players to buy into their vision, hold everyone in the program to the same standard and are humble enough to know they don't know everything, and therefore, never stop learning to become a better coach. He's done that for 17 years at Warren and that's why were consistent.
what you said so true

Youknowwhothisis

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2016, 03:54:44 pm

Like 3 relatives bickering at who is going to get the last roll at the dinner table. Haha
Then sneaky cousin Pea Ridge Comes in and takes it away

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: Youknowwhothisis on December 07, 2016, 06:49:13 pm
Then sneaky cousin Pea Ridge Comes in and takes it away

Then we can make a thread called how many conference titles for Warren, Nashville AND Pea Ridge!  But we got to win this very tough game first!  We can do it!

AirWarren

Jacketman65

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2016, 03:54:44 pm

Would you guys really consider Stuttgart as your relative in this argument?   I could see maybe your abused step child from your cousins 4th wife!  When was the last time they beat either one of you in the last 10 years?

STUNNA

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 07, 2016, 08:10:35 pm
Would you guys really consider Stuttgart as your relative in this argument?   I could see maybe your abused step child from your cousins 4th wife!  When was the last time they beat either one of you in the last 10 years?
2012 state champs

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas