• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did you know. RCrest ,Charleston, HAcademy

Started by ISU7, December 05, 2016, 03:35:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ISU7

December 05, 2016, 03:35:32 pm Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:16:25 pm by ISU7
Did you know that from 2010-2016. Charleston🐯, RiverCrest🐴, and Harding Academy🐱 have either PLAYED  in or WON  the Arkansas High School Football 3A State Championship Game.  Pretty interesting. No need to comment just thought I'd mention it.😷😎🏈🏆

CoolBreeze

Some pretty good programs represented there. Of course, they're not the only ones.

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 05, 2016, 04:39:35 pm
Some pretty good programs represented there. Of course, they're not the only ones.
Yep I know but between 2010-2016 is what I'm talking about plus just curious to see how many views this post would get and not commented on. It's going like I expected.  Lol. 😷😎

bigchief72455

Those 3 are for sure some good programs. ISU, when do you think the Crest might make the jump up a class. I know you guys are up near the top now.

BAMA#16

I wonder if Booneville drops back down the next cycle. If so, I could see them winning it all in 2018.

Warriors023

Bama, they will become the Alabama of 3A if that happens. Scary thought.

BAMA#16

Quote from: Warriors023 on December 06, 2016, 09:28:16 am
Bama, they will become the Alabama of 3A if that happens. Scary thought.
Yeah, that 2018 graduating class is loaded, and they have talent at the skill positions.

Warriors023

OB11

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 06, 2016, 09:13:18 am
Those 3 are for sure some good programs. ISU, when do you think the Crest might make the jump up a class. I know you guys are up near the top now.

It could very well be next cycle.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BAMA#16 on December 06, 2016, 09:27:32 am
I wonder if Booneville drops back down the next cycle. If so, I could see them winning it all in 2018.
That's what a lot of people thought the last time they dropped down to 3A. But they lost twice to Chucktown in 2014and then to HA in the first round last year.

adaptedtigerfan

If they drop back down they will win it all without a doubt.

Made

Were you trying to say that those are the only teams that have won the State title game? Glen Rose has been there just as many times as RC just didn't come away with a trophy.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Made on December 06, 2016, 02:03:43 pm
Were you trying to say that those are the only teams that have won the State title game? Glen Rose has been there just as many times as RC just didn't come away with a trophy.
He had to mention HA and/or RC because they played each other twice in that time frame.

ISU7

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 06, 2016, 09:13:18 am
Oh no I didn't know that. Guess we gone have to expell so students indefinitely. Lol 😷😎

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 06, 2016, 04:43:47 pm
He had to mention HA and/or RC because they played each other twice in that time frame.
Exactly and both teams WON with in that time frame. ..😎

ISU7

Quote from: Made on December 06, 2016, 02:03:43 pm
Yep somewhat.  😷😎

Skip Baymore

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 05, 2016, 04:39:35 pm

I think Barton and Glen Rose played in the final also during this stretch.

BAMA#16

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 07, 2016, 12:42:14 am
I know Barton and Charleston played, I believe the 2011 state game.

Made

Quote from: ISU7 on December 07, 2016, 12:18:30 am
Yep somewhat.  😷😎
lol its either that or a stab at GR....we wouldn't do that now would we?

ISU7

Quote from: Made on December 07, 2016, 09:26:50 am
lol its either that or a stab at GR....we wouldn't do that now would we?
Nah. GR has a good program. I've talk which coach Kehner each time he came to RC. This last time we talked for a minute.  Lil Kehner was there too.  😎

ISU7

The key word is :(won) .

CoolBreeze

Barton hasn't won a championship in  this century and Glen Rose hasn't won since 2007, so they couldn't have played for a championship since 2010.

Longfellow

They both played in a final, just not against each other

CoolBreeze

I believe the point of the original post was the at least one of the teams mentioned participated in every 3A championship game during the stated period. No attempt was made to identify all the teams who played in championships since 2010. The original statement will remain true after 2016, since Chucktown will be there.

WPWells

State champions:

2010: Rivercrest
2011: Charleston
2012: Harding Academy
2013: Charleston
2014: Charleston
2015: Harding Academy
2016: Charleston

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 07, 2016, 03:00:00 pm
State champions:

So if Charleston wins this Friday....that makes Harding academy the favorite for next year ?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 07, 2016, 08:00:58 pm
So if Charleston wins this Friday....that makes Harding academy the favorite for next year ?
That sounds about right based on this progression, unless it indicates a repeat for Charleston.

Skip Baymore

December 07, 2016, 11:32:30 pm #27 Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:59:11 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 07, 2016, 02:30:24 pm
Barton hasn't won a championship in  this century and Glen Rose hasn't won since 2007, so they couldn't have played for a championship since 2010.

Didn't mean against each other.  Barton lost to Chucktown and Glen Rose to H.A. during this stretch.  Just mentioning the two other teams that have played in or won the championship game since 2010 (the original comment).  I was actually responding to you saying those 3 teams mentioned were good programs but not the only ones.  Skip.

Coltfan2005

Was this post really too hard for some of you to understand?

Truthfully

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 07, 2016, 03:00:00 pm
State champions:

Sorry not able to comment much on FF.. But, just had to say that Fred Bird's post says it all. Charleston has too much tradition, talent and coaching as evidenced by the playoff record and Championships in 3A. They represent 4-3A so well.  Charleston wins this Saturday by 10 points minimum.
Truthfully

Curleywolf Fan

December 08, 2016, 06:12:31 pm #30 Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:17:47 pm by Curleywolf Fan
Quote from: Truthfully on December 08, 2016, 05:16:11 pm
  Sorry not able to comment much on FF.. But, just had to say that Fred Bird's post says it all. Charleston has too much tradition, talent and coaching as evidenced by the playoff record and Championships in 3A. They represent 4-3A so well.  Charleston wins this Saturday by 10 points minimum.
Truthfully
Truthfully Prescott has as much if not more tradition than Charleston. Prescott has more Playoff wins more State Championship appearances 18 final fours and 1 less State Championship and hopefully after Saturday night we will be equal in that category and our talent and coaching in my opinion is just as good as Charleston. I say Prescott by 10 points minimum.

Truthfully

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on December 08, 2016, 06:12:31 pm
Truthfully Prescott has as much if not more tradition than Charleston. Prescott has more Playoff wins more State Championship appearances 18 final fours and 1 less State Championship and hopefully after Saturday night we will be equal in that category and our talent and coaching in my opinion is just as good as Charleston. I say Prescott by 10 points minimum.
I completely understand your viewpoint. I favor Paris, since my son played for them a few years ago and I lived a bit closer to Paris than Charleston. I am a female FF football fan and read most posts, until recently when I moved down to Hot Springs to be with my daughter. I guess 4-3A overall has not had the number of talented teams the past few years as the 3A conference schools in south Arkansas have, occasionally we only having 2-3 good teams, but Charleston has ruled NW AR for years in class 3A and represented us very well, thank God. So I am partial as you are to south Arkansas conferences. LOL   Both teams deserve to be at WMS this week....
Merry Xmas to all FF posters in football!  Hope to see all next year....
Truthfully   ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on December 08, 2016, 06:12:31 pm

But what have you done for us lately? Wasn't that last state championship 10 years before charlestons first title game appearance ?

At this point tradition doesn't win games....on field experience, preparation, execution and coaching do....but tradition from grandpa isn't stepping out on that field...if it did Barton would still be a powerhouse...bauxite would still be winning games....etc etc..

Just my two cents though....

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 09, 2016, 06:24:07 am
But what have you done for us lately? Wasn't that last state championship 10 years before charlestons first title game appearance ?

At this point tradition doesn't win games....on field experience, preparation, execution and coaching do....but tradition from grandpa isn't stepping out on that field...if it did Barton would still be a powerhouse...bauxite would still be winning games....etc etc..

Just my two cents though....
What if Charleston doesn't win a State Championship in the next 10 years? Are you not going to be proud and talk about your past accomplishments? I don't care if it's now or years ago you should never forget or stop talking about accomplishing things in the past.

nastynice

December 09, 2016, 07:16:26 am #34 Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 08:03:21 am by nastynice
^^True. You can't choose and pick which years count. They ALL count. I disagree that tradition doesn't help win. Those kids that won it all in 95 at Prescott are the ones with kids on the senior high team this year. They talk to their kids, nephews, cousins daily about it. Pumping their head full of confidence. Kids will play their hearts out for their loved ones. See it year after year.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: nastynice on December 09, 2016, 07:16:26 am
^^True. You can't choose and pick which years count. They ALL count. I disagree that tradition doesn't help win. Those kids that won it all in 95 at Prescott are the ones with kids on the senior high team this year. They talk to their kids, nephews, cousins daily about it. Pumping their head full of confidence. Kids will play their hearts out for their loved ones. Seen it year after year.
That's right! I'm glad somebody other than me agrees and understands!

gold45

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on December 09, 2016, 07:05:50 am
What if Charleston doesn't win a State Championship in the next 10 years? Are you not going to be proud and talk about your past accomplishments? I don't care if it's now or years ago you should never forget or stop talking about accomplishing things in the past.
I agree with you, Curleywolf.  I grew up in Booneville and still have people talk about how good my Dad and uncles were back in the 70's.  I watched both of my brothers play, one of who was on the 2014 State Championship team and one who still holds multiple records in the record book for the Cats and had deep playoff runs back in the late 90's.  Even though you won't hear any of them talk about their own success, to think their history doesn't influence my nephews who played as a sophomore and a 7th grader on this year's teams is crazy.  They know my Dad and uncles and brothers are in the stands watching and that matters.   Multiple that times several kids in the same boat and you get a bunch of kids playing who know they can win.

nastynice

Quote from: gold45 on December 09, 2016, 08:25:53 am
I agree with you, Curleywolf.  I grew up in Booneville and still have people talk about how good my Dad and uncles were back in the 70's.  I watched both of my brothers play, one of who was on the 2014 State Championship team and one who still holds multiple records in the record book for the Cats and had deep playoff runs back in the late 90's.  Even though you won't hear any of them talk about their own success, to think their history doesn't influence my nephews who played as a sophomore and a 7th grader on this year's teams is crazy.  They know my Dad and uncles and brothers are in the stands watching and that matters.   Multiple that times several kids in the same boat and you get a bunch of kids playing who know they can win.
Well said! Great examples!

jay nelvin

Did your Dad or Uncles play in the 1973 game against Prescott?

Curleywolf Fan

December 09, 2016, 09:12:15 am #39 Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 09:30:31 am by Curleywolf Fan
Well said! Prescott and Booneville has some history together we played each other in the semifinals in 73 and 75 with Prescott winning 53 to 0 and 21 to 0 and we played in the semifinals in 85 and 86 with Booneville winning 10 to 9 and 30 to 3. I thought I would give you a little history lesson that you would find interesting. 🙂

GBattack

History is awesome and tradition is fun to pass down. Mark Ferguson is my step dad and he was telling my boys stories about when his brother Joe played. He said they went to Booneville (and most other places) and they wouldn't let Joe off the bus to play the game (Charleston was the very first school in the South to desegregate). By the time the other brothers were old enough to play, it wasn't as bad,  but what an amazing history lesson to pass down to my boys. I know the Ferguson brothers were all impressive players that lend to the rich history in Charleston, but they will all tell you Joe was the fastest and never got a chance to show it.

gold45

Quote from: jay nelvin on December 09, 2016, 09:04:11 am
Did your Dad or Uncles play in the 1973 game against Prescott?
Yes, I believe my Dad would have been playing then.  I'll have to ask him to be sure.  His name is Bruce Ray and   #22 was his number I believe.

gold45

Quote from: GBattack on December 09, 2016, 10:33:48 am
History is awesome and tradition is fun to pass down. Mark Ferguson is my step dad and he was telling my boys stories about when his brother Joe played. He said they went to Booneville (and most other places) and they wouldn't let Joe off the bus to play the game (Charleston was the very first school in the South to desegregate). By the time the other brothers were old enough to play, it wasn't as bad,  but what an amazing history lesson to pass down to my boys. I know the Ferguson brothers were all impressive players that lend to the rich history in Charleston, but they will all tell you Joe was the fastest and never got a chance to show it.
Wow!  I never knew that story. 

YC

Quote from: GBattack on December 09, 2016, 10:33:48 am

I know a little about this.

Joe was a fine athlete. He was a friend of my brother and he visited our home often. Our family never looked at Joe's color but looked at him as the fine kid he was.

Joe practiced from the first day practice started until the end of the season, but only played in one game a year—F.S. St. Annes. The other schools we played notified our administration if Joe played they would not play the game.

Joe was also a member of the band. When the band made trips to marching contest and etc, the other band members would go into the eating establishments and bring his food to the bus because he was not allowed inside.

We often refer to the "good ole days" and to an extent they were, but that injustice is an embarrassment that was etched into our history during that period of time.

Thank goodness those practices are gone forever. 

GBattack

I'm so proud to be a part of Charleston's history in regards to this. I was told not long ago that they would be changing the history books to reflect that Charleston was the first school to integrate in the south...well ahead of LR Central, and we did it voluntarily. There was an excellent write up on it when Dale Bumpers passed this year and the Discovery Channel interviewed Joe and the others that integrated here for a show they aired. I should see Joe at Christmas, I think I'll tell him how much he's talked about on FF...lol. There are other threads he's been mentioned. If any folks haven't yet, there are a couple of areas on our campus that have been declared National Historic monuments due to the integration and the Bell Museum here in Charleston has some excellent information as well. Just FYI.

TeeLee

Quote from: GBattack on December 09, 2016, 12:50:41 pm
I'm so proud to be a part of Charleston's history in regards to this. I was told not long ago that they would be changing the history books to reflect that Charleston was the first school to integrate in the south...well ahead of LR Central, and we did it voluntarily. There was an excellent write up on it when Dale Bumpers passed this year and the Discovery Channel interviewed Joe and the others that integrated here for a show they aired. I should see Joe at Christmas, I think I'll tell him how much he's talked about on FF...lol. There are other threads he's been mentioned. If any folks haven't yet, there are a couple of areas on our campus that have been declared National Historic monuments due to the integration and the Bell Museum here in Charleston has some excellent information as well. Just FYI.

I was in the 6th grade when Charleston was integrated. Joe was in my class as was Henry Webb, a Freeman (forgot first name) and a girl name I can't remember. I really like Joe, he came home with me a lot after school, and we were in the band together. I moved away in 9th grade so didn't see the mistreatment of him.  I would have fought for him had I been around.

Coltfan2005

Some schools did integrate in the South before Charleston but Charleston was the first to integrate k-12.

GBattack

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 09, 2016, 01:54:23 pm
Some schools did integrate in the South before Charleston but Charleston was the first to integrate k-12.

Which ones? I'd like to read about them if you have info. 

WPWells

I knew those, of which Charleston was the first.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas