• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Carpenter of Junction City

Started by cuz, December 01, 2016, 12:58:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuz

David Carpenter has resigned as the head football coach at Junction City. He will remain the Athletic Superintendent along with some other duties.....

The Dynasty

Quote from: cuz on December 01, 2016, 12:58:19 pm
David Carpenter has resigned as the head football coach at Junction City. He will remain the Athletic Superintendent along with some other duties.....

Wow!!!! Dude built a powerhouse that I respected from a far.

SR30

Whoever takes over will have huge shoes to fill... HUGE!!!

Made

How do you follow up his performance....

Made

dragondad

December 01, 2016, 01:11:48 pm #5 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:14:34 pm by dragondad
Sad day,  the ship has sailed and our boys coming up, I'm afraid, are left on the pier.   Nothing lasts forever,  I just hate to see it end.

242-93-1 career record.

1998-2016 :  6 state championships, 12 semifinals, avg 11 wins per season,  13 seasons with ten or more wins and 6 seasons with 13 or more, including 4 undefeated seasons, six time Coach of the year,  coaching over 100 all conference selections and 50 all-state.....what a legacy!  God bless him,  our family is truly going to miss him, and glad my boys had the opportunity to be coached by him, one of the greatest of all time.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=751933521623497&id=144868215663367

The Dynasty

Quote from: dragondad on December 01, 2016, 01:11:48 pm
Sad day,  the ship has sailed and our boys coming up, I'm afraid, are left on the pier.   Nothing lasts forever,  I just hate to see it end.

242-93-1 career record.

1998-2016 :  6 state championships, 12 semifinals, avg 11 wins per season,  13 seasons with ten or more wins and 6 seasons with 13 or more, including 4 undefeated seasons, six time Coach of the year,  coaching over 100 all conference selections and 50 all-state.....what a legacy!  God bless him,  our family is truly going to miss him, and glad my boys had the opportunity to be coached by him, one of the greatest of all time.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=751933521623497&id=144868215663367

Great post.

What can you say about a guy that has won 22 state championships at a school.....

dragondad

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 01, 2016, 01:44:39 pm
Great post.

What can you say about a guy that has won 22 state championships at a school.....

Yep,  Football, Track, and Weightlifting....22 Total State Championships.  And that's since his return to JC in 1998

dragondad#1

Well I had the pleasure of playing for him...I was also blessed that he coached both my boys...wow what a ride a coach Carp its been a treat...we hate to see it end but are glad for your time on the sideline...Much love BUD..

OB11

Quote from: dragondad on December 01, 2016, 01:50:47 pm
Yep,  Football, Track, and Weightlifting....22 Total State Championships.  And that's since his return to JC in 1998

Where else has he been?

dragondad

December 01, 2016, 01:56:44 pm #10 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:58:57 pm by dragondad
Quote from: OB11 on December 01, 2016, 01:51:53 pm
Where else has he been?

His first head coach was in 86 at Corning, Clarnedon from 87-89, JC 90-93, back at JC from 98-Present.

Jimbo Morphis

Wow, would not want to be the next coach.

RabidWolf

Just saw on twitter that Coach Carpenter is retiring effective immediately from JC. Hope everything is ok!

RabidWolf

Whoops  started a whole other thread on this

BigLion10

Congratulations to a great coach and great mentor on a successful career. Wish him well moving forward

Lions84

WOW that a Stunner.  He tryed his best at Clarendon but we just didn't have the parents and kids buy in.  Great Ride for him at JC!

Lions84

He was a great guy the time I meet him at Clarednon before his glory years at JC.  Class guy.

Footballlovergirlstyle

Oh wow, this is crazy man! Congrats to Coach C on his retirement! He deserves it! :-\

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Will an assistant step up or will there be an outside search

AA Insider

NWA Hawg

WorkOrder

I was told Steven Jones assistant at Searcy that played QB for Carpenter

Pat Swilling

Quote from: WorkOrder on December 02, 2016, 11:53:20 am
I was told Steven Jones assistant at Searcy that played QB for Carpenter

very good Coach ^

thebigshot

December 02, 2016, 08:23:31 pm #23 Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 08:29:59 pm by thebigshot
He was a good coach be hard to replace him.

Paperman

Quote from: SR30 on December 01, 2016, 01:06:00 pm
Whoever takes over will have huge shoes to fill... HUGE!!!
But lots of talent!

Footballlovergirlstyle

I've heard a lot of coaches are looking at this position even one from Florida. But you know how the streets talk in Junction.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Footballlovergirlstyle on December 21, 2016, 02:14:36 pm
I've heard a lot of coaches are looking at this position even one from Florida. But you know how the streets talk in Junction.
I can see someone from Florida wanting to move to sunny Junction City.

JC Guy

I don't know who all is looking at this position but I do know that this little school is known in the college coaching circles over a pretty wide area of the south east. Coaching circles aren't as big as you might think also. My son done several camps over his high school career and when he showed up in JC gear the coaches always knew the program and coach Carpenter. That always surprised me when you are at say an SEC schools camp and coaches come up to you and start a conversation about our little schools program. Point being coaching circles aren't as big as you would think, programs well known in those circles and it would not surprise me if some applications from out of this area are coming in here.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: JC Guy on December 21, 2016, 11:03:43 pm
I don't know who all is looking at this position but I do know that this little school is known in the college coaching circles over a pretty wide area of the south east. Coaching circles aren't as big as you might think also. My son done several camps over his high school career and when he showed up in JC gear the coaches always knew the program and coach Carpenter. That always surprised me when you are at say an SEC schools camp and coaches come up to you and start a conversation about our little schools program. Point being coaching circles aren't as big as you would think, programs well known in those circles and it would not surprise me if some applications from out of this area are coming in here.

There is no doubt this will attract major attention

OLDSCHOOL82

One thought on this...the pay isn't that great.  It will be hard to find another Coach C that's willing to stay that long.  It could possibly become a launching pad for upper level coaches though.  That would end up hurting the program in the long run.

Made

dragondad

Quote from: Made on January 11, 2017, 09:17:36 am
Has he been a head coach before?

Yes he has, but regardless at some point no head coach, was a head coach.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: dragondad on January 11, 2017, 10:19:46 am
Yes he has, but regardless at some point no head coach, was a head coach.

Well said.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas