• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1 Boys Conference

Started by StepBack3, November 30, 2016, 03:10:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trojanball24

Has Pea Ridge played Huntsville? and Has Gravette played Prarie Grove?

Wendell Robinson

Pea Ridge and Huntsville won't play each other until the district tournament, if even then.

Gravette has beaten Prairie Grove at PG. They play them in Gravette again one more time. Not sure exactly on the date.

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on January 09, 2017, 10:29:11 pm
I assume that's boys?  What does the girls race look like?

NW Division

1. Pea Ridge 5-1
2. Gravette 6-2
3. Prairie Grove 3-4
4. Gentry 3-5
5. Shiloh Christian 2-5
6. Lincoln 1-6

Berryville 3-4?
Huntsville ???

Not knowing Huntsville's record in their conference makes it difficult, but if I were to take a stab at the current seeding for District I would say it will look something like this.

1-3: Huntsville, Pea Ridge, or Gravette
4-6: Gentry, Prairie Grove, or Berryville
7: Shiloh Christian
8: Lincoln

Wendell Robinson

Gravette beat Berryville tonight in a "non-conference" game, 52-35. They Lions play at Shiloh on Friday before hosting Pea Ridge in a HUGE game next Friday.

Trojanball24

Lincoln hosts Gravette Tuesday

nuttinbuthogs

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: Trojanball24 on January 11, 2017, 10:34:38 am
Lincoln hosts Gravette Tuesday

You are correct. It isn't listed on either team's maxpreps

Trojanball24

nuttinbuthogs

Haven't seen any reports from games this week, did Lincoln play early in the week?

prHOG13

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on January 10, 2017, 12:07:13 pm
NW Division

1. Pea Ridge 5-1
2. Gravette 6-2
3. Prairie Grove 3-4
4. Gentry 3-5
5. Shiloh Christian 2-5
6. Lincoln 1-6

Berryville 3-4?
Huntsville ???

Not knowing Huntsville's record in their conference makes it difficult, but if I were to take a stab at the current seeding for District I would say it will look something like this.

1-3: Huntsville, Pea Ridge, or Gravette
4-6: Gentry, Prairie Grove, or Berryville
7: Shiloh Christian
8: Lincoln
Not sure on Huntsville's conference record, but they are 14-2 overall according to the ArkansasOnline rankings

oldtimeeagle

Huntsville's boys are 4-0 in conference going into tonight's home game against Berryville.

beach bum

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on January 09, 2017, 10:14:36 pm
If my figures are up to date the current standings of 4A-1 schools of the combined 4A/3A conference are as follows:

1. Gravette 8-0
2. Pea Ridge 7-0
3. Prairie Grove 7-1
4. Gentry 4-4
5. Shiloh Christian 3-4
6. Lincoln 0-8

As for Huntsville and Berryville. I can only find record of 3 conference games for each of them.
Huntsville is 3-0 and Berryville is 1-2.

Just my opinion, if the District Tournament started today it would be seeded something like this.

1. Pea Ridge
2. Huntsville
3. Gravette
4. Prairie Grove
5. Gentry
6. Shiloh Christian
7. Berryville
8. Lincoln

Thank you for the update! Those three have definitely separated themselves in the NWA league.... plus I hear Huntsville can shoot the lights out this year!

Wendell Robinson

Gravette beat Shiloh 69-56 tonight in Shiloh. Lions led by as much as 21 points and were never really threatened in this one.

Some quick thoughts on the game. The refs had an extremely quick whistle early on and both teams struggled to develop a rythm because of it. The score was 7-5 Shiloh after the first quarter and both teams were in the double bonus with less than 2 minutes gone in the 2nd quarter. Gravette ended up with 2 players fouling out, and 4 others finishing with 4 fouls. Shiloh had one player foul out and another ejected in the third quarter for receiving 2 Technical fouls in a span of about 10 minutes.

Also with 1:36 left in the game and Gravette up by 16 the lights flickered and half of them went out. After about a 5 minute delay, they resumed the game under half the lights and finished it out in a half lit gym. The lights began coming back on with under 20 seconds to go but flickered off again just as the game ended.

Wendell Robinson

From what I have gathered so far from Friday night action.

Boys:
Gravette beat Shiloh
Pea Ridge beat West Fork
Lincoln beat Gentry

Girls:
Gravette beat Shiloh
West Fork beat Pea Ridge

prHOG13

Pea Ridge beats Monticello 56-52 in Little Rock. Battle of top 5 teams in the state

Wendell Robinson

Gravette and Pea Ridge both won easily this evening. Sets up a HUGE game in Gravette this Friday.

Wendell Robinson

January 18, 2017, 02:36:43 pm #66 Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:40:14 pm by Wendell Robinson
Updated Look at Conference Standings through 1/18

Boys
1. Pea Ridge 10-0
2. Gravette 10-0
3. Prairie Grove 8-3
4. Gentry 5-5?
5. Shiloh 5-6
6. Lincoln 0-10

From what I can gather. Hunstville is undefeated on their side, Berryville is winless.
If I were to seed the district tournament right now, it would be

1. Pea Ridge 2. Huntsville 3. Gravette 4. Prairie Grove 5. Gentry 6. Shiloh Christian 7. Berryville 8. Lincoln

Girls
1. Gravette 8-2
2. Pea Ridge 7-3
3. Prairie Grove 5-6
4. Gentry 4-7?
5. Shiloh 2-9
6. Lincoln 1-9

From the other side it looks like Huntsville is unbeaten in conf and 11-7 overall. Berryville is .500 and 11-10 overall. If the tournament started today. I would put the seed it as follows.

1. Huntsville 2. Gravette 3. Pea Ridge 4. Berryville 5. Prairie Grove 6. Gentry 7 Shiloh Christian 8. Lincoln

pridgehog

Berryville will be playing somebody on their home floor in District with a shot at going to Regionals. They can be very tough on their home floor...

BVCAT

Here are the scores I could find of the non-conference games played by teams in the split conferences (if that makes sense).

Boys:
Huntsville    47
Prairie Grove  46

Huntsville   61
Gravette     37

Berryville   70
Lincoln      47

Berryville  35
Gravette   52

Girls:
Berryville  48
Gravette   31

Berryville  40 
Lincoln      13

Huntsville  53
Prairie Grove  40

Huntsville 64
Gravette   48

Wendell Robinson

The Huntsville/Gravette game was by far the worst game the Lions have played all year. Quick turnaround off a 2OT loss to Farmington the night before. Also was the week of a classmate passing away after battling cancer. Really just didn't look like Gravette wanted to be there. Not to say that Gravette would have won otherwise, Huntsville shot absolutely lights out from behind the arc that day.

Ole Legend

Gravette is definitely the place to be tomorrow night! Girls and boys game should both be good! Gonna have to show up early to get a good seat!

pridgehog

Lets Hope that the teams get a good officiating crew tomorrow night in Gravette. Two years ago was the worst officiating I have ever seen in a High School game. They did not favor either team, it was just horrible on both sides.   

Ole Legend

Quote from: pridgehog on January 19, 2017, 06:58:56 pm
Lets Hope that the teams get a good officiating crew tomorrow night in Gravette. Two years ago was the worst officiating I have ever seen in a High School game. They did not favor either team, it was just horrible on both sides.

I remember that. 65+ fouls called in the girls game. That night couldn't end soon enough for either team.

beach bum

Quote from: Ole Legend on January 19, 2017, 07:58:54 pm
I remember that. 65+ fouls called in the girls game. That night couldn't end soon enough for either team.

I have witnessed many high school girls games where 65 fouls called was justified....

Ole Legend

Quote from: beach bum on January 19, 2017, 08:01:10 pm
I have witnessed many high school girls games where 65 fouls called was justified....

You must have witnessed some rough looking games.

pridgehog

Yes and there was 57 fouls in the boys game. Girls game started at 6.00 and the boys game was not over till nearly 10.00...

Ole Legend

Quote from: pridgehog on January 20, 2017, 08:27:52 am
Yes and there was 57 fouls in the boys game. Girls game started at 6.00 and the boys game was not over till nearly 10.00...

I like the students on twitter trash talking. Every team needs a good rivalry game.

Wendell Robinson

Anyone wanting to catch the big Gravette/PR game tonight but is unable to do so can watch it online through lionlettermen.com. Just use the drop down menu and click on "livestream". Take it easy on the play by play guy, he's battling a nasty cold right now. ;)

beach bum

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on January 20, 2017, 04:05:48 pm
Anyone wanting to catch the big Gravette/PR game tonight but is unable to do so can watch it online through lionlettermen.com. Just use the drop down menu and click on "livestream". Take it easy on the play by play guy, he's battling a nasty cold right now. ;)

Thanks for the link... I will probably try to catch a half of this at least online.

Wendell Robinson

Sorry, there's been a hardware issue and we can't stream the game tonight. I'LL try to keep everyone updated. The atmosphere is awesome!!!

Wendell Robinson

After 1 PR leads by 8. Good game so far, Gravette not able to hit open shots costing them right now.

Wendell Robinson

Lions missing from point blank. Only score 4 points in the second quarter. It's 27-11 PR at half. Gravette looks like they are playing nervous, Pea Ridge playing like they've been here before.

Wendell Robinson

Gravette settled in a little bit. Good game now, it just took them too long to get going. 37-23 PR end of 3

Wendell Robinson

Pea Ridge wins 51-40. Took Gravette too long to get going. 4 point second quarter was killer.

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge let Gravette bait them. #5 for Gravette should have been thrown out the first time he targeted a Pea Ridge player. He continuously elbowed, shoved, went after #20 for Pea Ridge. Gravette is the second best team in this conference, but Pea Ridge is leaps and bounds ahead. Also, Gravette's coach is a character. It seemed like he was trying to get tossed.

Wendell Robinson

The pushing and shoving went both ways.I was seated next to a third party viewer. Who simply came to watch a basketball game. He felt that #20 was getting away with quite a bit underneath early on. See everything how you wish. If Gravette had shot the ball even remotely well in the first half, they likely would have won. From what I have seen, Huntsville is easily the best team from the district and should be the 1 seed.

Ole Legend

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on January 20, 2017, 11:13:00 pm
The pushing and shoving went both ways.I was seated next to a third party viewer. Who simply came to watch a basketball game. He felt that #20 was getting away with quite a bit underneath early on. See everything how you wish. If Gravette had shot the ball even remotely well in the first half, they likely would have won. From what I have seen, Huntsville is easily the best team from the district and should be the 1 seed.

Pea Ridge had 1 kid shoot well. They have 8 that can hit consistently from behind the arc. Make sure you're at the game at Pea Ridge in a few weeks.

beach bum

January 21, 2017, 01:07:51 pm #87 Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:18:27 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Ole Legend on January 21, 2017, 07:44:16 am
They have 8 that can hit consistently from behind the arc.

LOL.... What are you guys then? Oak Hill Academy or Saint Benedict's Prep? What do you define as consistently then? Anything over 30% apparently! If any 4A school is legitimately 8 deep with quality players let alone 8 that can shoot the ball from deep well they should never lose a game. Pea Ridge is crazy good, but now I have heard it all. 8 guys that shoot threes well in a game setting? Most college teams only have 3 or 4 guys that are sharp shooters from behind the arc. Heck, Arkansas only has one in Hannahs. The rest of the Hogs are average three ball shooters. Maybe Mike Anderson needs to go up I-49 and get off at Exit 88 and drive a little east to grab 8 of them cause the Hogs could sure use one.

LRRandy

Quote from: Ole Legend on January 21, 2017, 07:44:16 am
Pea Ridge had 1 kid shoot well. They have 8 that can hit consistently from behind the arc. Make sure you're at the game at Pea Ridge in a few weeks.
that is the same thing being said last year and they couldn't be by Pottsville to make it out of region.

Ole Legend

Quote from: beach bum on January 21, 2017, 01:07:51 pm
LOL.... What are you guys then? Oak Hill Academy or Saint Benedict's Prep? What do you define as consistently then? Anything over 30% apparently! If any 4A school is legitimately 8 deep with quality players let alone 8 that can shoot the ball from deep well they should never lose a game. Pea Ridge is crazy good, but now I have heard it all. 8 guys that shoot threes well in a game setting? Most college teams only have 3 or 4 guys that are sharp shooters from behind the arc. Heck, Arkansas only has one in Hannahs. The rest of the Hogs are average three ball shooters. Maybe Mike Anderson needs to go up I-49 and get off at Exit 88 and drive a little east to grab 8 of them cause the Hogs could sure use one.

Leave them open. Please

Trojanball24

I went to this one and I was surprised the officiating was so inconsistent all night. It was bad both ways in both games. Pea Ridge has a lot of talent but I think Hunstville may be better from what Ive seen which isnt much.

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on January 21, 2017, 01:07:51 pm
CJ Jones and Daryl Macon are both excellent 3 point shooters

As for PR, they've got Matt Thomas, Joey Hall, Kobe Rose, Cole Wright, Logan Johnson, Hayden Holtgrewe that can all hit consistently from three. Might be missing someone, but all of those shoot a pretty high clip from 3.

Ole Legend

Quote from: prHOG13 on January 23, 2017, 10:11:40 pm
CJ Jones and Daryl Macon are both excellent 3 point shooters

As for PR, they've got Matt Thomas, Joey Hall, Kobe Rose, Cole Wright, Logan Johnson, Hayden Holtgrewe that can all hit consistently from three. Might be missing someone, but all of those shoot a pretty high clip from 3.

Westin Church.

prHOG13

Quote from: Ole Legend on January 23, 2017, 10:39:11 pm
Westin Church.
Of course. I haven't seen a bunch of games this year, but only saw him play once. Is he getting back to being fully healthy?

Tigerdad2

I guess PR will make it out of regionals this year then

Ole Legend

Quote from: prHOG13 on January 24, 2017, 08:47:02 am
Of course. I haven't seen a bunch of games this year, but only saw him play once. Is he getting back to being fully healthy?

Yes. He played big in the monticello game

Ole Legend

Quote from: prHOG13 on January 24, 2017, 08:47:02 am

Speaking of Church.... He came in and hit 3 threes, and finished with 14 points(I think) tonight!

Wendell Robinson

Been away for a while. Just for the record, I never said that Gravette was better. Just said they probably would have won had they shot better. Gravette shot 17% from the floor. And it wasn't because of Pea Ridge's defense.

Anyway, Gravette beat Prairie Grove by 17 on Tuesday. I'll update conference standings and make district seeding predictions later tonight when I get a chance.

pridgehog

Wendell,

Next Monday Night in Pea Ridge I expect both teams will play better and shoot better.

beach bum

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on January 26, 2017, 12:31:27 pm
Been away for a while. Just for the record, I never said that Gravette was better. Just said they probably would have won had they shot better. Gravette shot 17% from the floor. And it wasn't because of Pea Ridge's defense.

Anyway, Gravette beat Prairie Grove by 17 on Tuesday. I'll update conference standings and make district seeding predictions later tonight when I get a chance.

My word, Gravette put the beat down on PG. Prairie Grove boys seem very inconsistent. One game they have a very impressive result and then there are examples like this too. I'd like to see Gravette along with Pea Ridge and Huntsville get out of regionals. I am not giving PG much hope. I am even a little worried PG could miss regionals all together and lose to a Shiloh, Gentry, Berryville type team in PG's first game at the district tournament even.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas