• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On to the semi's- Bentonville at Fayetteville

Started by Razorback Red, November 18, 2016, 11:26:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Seems to be a pattern here that these two teams are always destined to play in the playoffs, even though a week earlier than they like to meet. 

Can Bentonville beat them twice in a season?  History says no, but that's why we play. 

I think either Bentonville wins by less than 7 or FHS wins by more than 17.  The longer FHS lets the Tigers hang around, the more the matchup will favor the Tigers.

I am going to pick with my head and not my heart and say FHS wins. 

PA Dad

I realize Fayetteville will be a heavy favorite, but I'm going with the upset.  Bentonville by 3.

sportsguy80

I with you Red. It's either gonna be close or a large margin of victory. Like I posted before during the regular season matchup, history has shown records can be thrown out for this game. I have always been a believer that it is very hard to beat a team twice in the same year. Every since that loss, Fayetteville has taken every game like their last one. I think for a second, the players got caught up in the national rankings and exposure leading up to that game. In return, Bentonville is definitely talented enough to win this game and the state championship. So all bets are off for this one.

The Future

If it were any other team, Fayetteville all the way. But because its Bentonville, you just never know.

Now I don't say that all because Fayetteville is just that good (which they are I know). I say that because Bentonville is just that capable. A couple years ago, the Tigers start off 0-4 and during what some called one of their worst seasons, still happened to win state that year. Here the Tigers are with a new coach and are still a title threat sitting at 10-2 in the semis.

I'm gonna go with the home team by 7 this time but definitely won't be shocked if Bennie pulls the win.

I will say this though. Winner of this game will be your 7A champion.

Razorback Red

Quote from: The Future on November 19, 2016, 11:16:59 am
If it were any other team, Fayetteville all the way. But because its Bentonville, you just never know.

Now I don't say that all because Fayetteville is just that good (which they are I know). I say that because Bentonville is just that capable. A couple years ago, the Tigers start off 0-4 and during what some called one of their worst seasons, still happened to win state that year. Here the Tigers are with a new coach and are still a title threat sitting at 10-2 in the semis.

I'm gonna go with the home team by 7 this time but definitely won't be shocked if Bennie pulls the win.

I will say this though. Winner of this game will be your 7A champion.

Hard to argue with any of that logic and I agree the winner of this game will be the favorite in the Rock to win it all. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 19, 2016, 12:51:48 pm
Hard to argue with any of that logic and I agree the winner of this game will be the favorite in the Rock to win it all.

I realize that a team outside NWA needs to win a championship to get the respect of the NWA fans.  But, I think you are giving NLR too little respect this year if you have already crowned Fayetteville or Bentonville as champs.

NLR will win it all this year.

Maclin on your girl

NLR should win it every year but it'll be FV again nothing new.

TigerHawg

Ill open it up a bit more. Bulldogs have the edge but I will go Tigers by 10.

Billyo62

I'm Going with the Tigers, because I'm a Tiger fan. That's it.. No other reason!

businesstron

Revenge match.   Bulldogs will win.  I don't see them losing at home to Bentonville twice in one year.

sportsguy80

Looks like it's going to be another cold Friday night. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck to both teams!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas