• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville Pioneers at Pulaski Academy Bruins --- Semifinals!!!

Started by MDXPHD, November 18, 2016, 09:50:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FD4

Overdahill

Overdahill

Pioneerman68

Pioneerman68

Heck I think that was the last time they lost in Arkansas.

sportsguy80

JessieP

I agree with what the majority of people are saying. PA is going to crush Batesville, they think Batesville doesn't deserve to be on the same with them. Batesville is scared to death of PA. If they try and win the game PA will use the 12th man, that cement wall. The same one they cowardly threw Batesville's QB against the last time they played. Batesville had all the momentum and was getting ready to beat the Bruins for the second straight time. Mostly I hope someone is able to show this entire thread to the Batesville players.

Overdahill

Nice try but no one on the PA side disrespects Batesville; quite the contrary actually because of their record of always being there after Thanksgiving. some others may be fanning the fires but PA knows it will be a dogfight Friday

Maynard G Krebs

November 21, 2016, 08:53:06 pm #58 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:55:19 pm by Maynard G Krebs
I've not heard any PA folk disrespecting Batesville.  Nice try at trying to play the poor pitiful me card.  The Bruins know the Pioneers mean business.

Grond

Pulaski Academy and Batesville: Two of the smarter coaching staffs in Arkansas high schools. These are the guys that are playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers.

What I like about Batesville (having seen them over the years) is that they do not run any single offensive or defensive scheme. They will run an I-formation, QB-under-center play, then go directly to a Spread-shotgun-no huddle offense. They are going to find what works on you. And if nothing is working, Batesville then will keep switching, trying to generate some success.

Both teams are highly disciplined; you will see all 11 players doing their job, every play.

I will be rooting for Batesville, but I think PA will dominate the line of scrimmage, and control the game.

NEAInfo

One of the dirtiest, cheapest plays I've seen in the last 7-10 years was by Batesville's CB/QB #9 at VV game. I was there scouting the game. Missed pass. Play blown dead for some time. Then #9 hits the receiver in the facemask helmet launching himself into the receiver who fallen to his knees. It's targeting at every level. I have pic showing the line judge marking the play dead and marking the spot and the player just then hitting the receiver. Batesville coaches didn't remove him either. They should be embarrassed. But he's the starting QB. The Batesville players also celebrated an injury to VV's starting QB with high fives and chest bumping. With all that said, I hope Batesville for the 5A East.

MDXPHD

Quote from: NEAInfo on November 21, 2016, 10:28:24 pm
One of the dirtiest, cheapest plays I've seen in the last 7-10 years was by Batesville's CB/QB #9 at VV game. I was there scouting the game. Missed pass. Play blown dead for some time. Then #9 hits the receiver in the facemask helmet launching himself into the receiver who fallen to his knees. It's targeting at every level. I have pic showing the line judge marking the play dead and marking the spot and the player just then hitting the receiver. Batesville coaches didn't remove him either. They should be embarrassed. But he's the starting QB. The Batesville players also celebrated an injury to VV's starting QB with high fives and chest bumping. With all that said, I hope Batesville for the 5A East.

I wasn't sure VV was still playing in the 5A east. Hadn't ever heard anything about them.

NEAInfo

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 21, 2016, 10:47:11 pm
I wasn't sure VV was still playing in the 5A east. Hadn't ever heard anything about them.
Rough few years. Had Forrest City, Wynne and Blytheville with in a score at half but did not score again. Had Wynne 21-28 at half down only 7. Paragould, GCT had down years. VV finished about .500. They beat  Nettleton, GCT, Paragould in conference.

Rampage72501

"Play blown dead for some time".  I guess a couple seconds can be labeled as some time. The player in question was penalized for a late hit.  Could he have pulled up and not made the hit?  Maybe.  "Dirty" or "cheap" hit? Not by a long shot.  If you knew the young man in question, you'd know he is a respectful young man who is rather timid by football standards.

And there was no celebration because your quarterback was injured.  Have you considered for a second that the players were celebrating their play and not an injury?  With everything this program's been through in the last 2 years, including the incredible rash of injuries this year, I can assure you they weren't happy because a player was hurt.  To assume or say anything different is nothing but sour grapes.

Pioneerman68

Quote from: JessieP on November 21, 2016, 06:59:49 pm
I agree with what the majority of people are saying. PA is going to crush Batesville, they think Batesville doesn't deserve to be on the same with them. Batesville is scared to death of PA. If they try and win the game PA will use the 12th man, that cement wall. The same one they cowardly threw Batesville's QB against the last time they played. Batesville had all the momentum and was getting ready to beat the Bruins for the second straight time. Mostly I hope someone is able to show this entire thread to the Batesville players.

Don't know who you are but, (1) Batesville does deserve to be on the field with PA. (2) Batesville sure the heck isn't scared of PA they fear no one , they will line up and go to battle with anyone and they sure the heck are not afraid of no dang wall . Batesville has worked their tails off to overcome all kinds of injuries and other things this year and are playing very well right now. Respect is earned not just handed out, but nice try ! let me say this Batesville will be there on Friday and I promise you this win or lose these kids will play their heart out til the last play is played , they will leave all they have on the field at PA on Friday . GO PIONEERS !!!

Pioneerman68

WOW !! NO REPLY NEEDED

MDXPHD

Quote from: NEAInfo on November 21, 2016, 11:02:43 pm
Rough few years. Had Forrest City, Wynne and Blytheville with in a score at half but did not score again. Had Wynne 21-28 at half down only 7. Paragould, GCT had down years. VV finished about .500. They beat  Nettleton, GCT, Paragould in conference.

Unfortunately, Moral victories don't equate to real victories. Also, I don't see Batesville mentioned in that analysis. You must be bitter about Batesville outscoring VV 110-7 since they joined the East. Hang in there...you might beat them eventually. It would help if you could score.

PercussionMan

I don't see Batesville playing P.A. that close.  I really think those that are predicting P.A. by 3-4 TDs (or more) are probably pretty accurate.

NEAInfo

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 22, 2016, 02:41:09 am
"Play blown dead for some time".  I guess a couple seconds can be labeled as some time. The player in question was penalized for a late hit.  Could he have pulled up and not made the hit?  Maybe.  "Dirty" or "cheap" hit? Not by a long shot.  If you knew the young man in question, you'd know he is a respectful young man who is rather timid by football standards.

And there was no celebration because your quarterback was injured.  Have you considered for a second that the players were celebrating their play and not an injury?  With everything this program's been through in the last 2 years, including the incredible rash of injuries this year, I can assure you they weren't happy because a player was hurt.  To assume or say anything different is nothing but sour grapes.

I am not a VV fan. But I can send pics of the late hit. The play was well over. He should have been ejected and ineligible for first round of playoffs. It was extremely malicious and intended. Also, have pics of the celebration when the QB was down. It's ok. They are kids. But no need to defend the indefensible. The QB play was for a positive gain why would they celebrate the play?

NEAInfo

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 22, 2016, 08:20:48 am
Unfortunately, Moral victories don't equate to real victories. Also, I don't see Batesville mentioned in that analysis. You must be bitter about Batesville outscoring VV 110-7 since they joined the East. Hang in there...you might beat them eventually. It would help if you could score.
. Not a VV fan. Batesville wasn't mentioned because VV was never close to batesville in the score of the game. The other games, as the post indicated, they were closer to them at half than most teams they played.

Rampage72501

Pictures can tell many different stories, especially when one has a preconceived notion of the story.

We can agree to disagree. You're simply wrong.

JessieP

Don't know who you are but, (1) Batesville does deserve to be on the field with PA. (2) Batesville sure the heck isn't scared of PA they fear no one , they will line up and go to battle with anyone and they sure the heck are not afraid of no dang wall . Batesville has worked their tails off to overcome all kinds of injuries and other things this year and are playing very well right now. Respect is earned not just handed out, but nice try ! let me say this Batesville will be there on Friday and I promise you this win or lose these kids will play their heart out til the last play is played , they will leave all they have on the field at PA on Friday . GO PIONEERS !!!
[/quote]

I was being sarcastic. Everyone seems to be on the PA payroll. Batesville is in no way shape or form afraid of PA. They will hit PA harder then they have been hit all year. I fully expect the Pioneers to beat up and beat PA. This is a team that has been decimated by injuries, no team in the State has had as many. They buried two beloved  teammates one year ago. They have been counted out by everyone but they have shown more heart then I've seen in years. They are playing their best ball of the year right now.

Pioneerfootball1

November 22, 2016, 10:07:18 am #72 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:09:23 am by Pioneerfootball1
Quote from: NEAInfo on November 22, 2016, 09:14:11 am
I am not a VV fan. But I can send pics of the late hit. The play was well over. He should have been ejected and ineligible for first round of playoffs. It was extremely malicious and intended. Also, have pics of the celebration when the QB was down. It's ok. They are kids. But no need to defend the indefensible. The QB play was for a positive gain why would they celebrate the play?

How about Video?

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3142239/581dc95b4ba877190c40d294

Watch the first play on the video of this link.  Was the hit late?  Yes.  Was he flagged yes?  Was the kid still juggling the ball in the midst of the play? Yes.  Also, led with the shoulder.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6001555/58346a3cc124d70ba0945c2c

Here is the next play this guy is talking about where the QB gets hurt.  Can anyone tell me if you see anyone celebrating an injury?

This guys is a joke who is making stuff up.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on November 22, 2016, 09:55:06 am

I was being sarcastic. Everyone seems to be on the PA payroll. Batesville is in no way shape or form afraid of PA. They will hit PA harder then they have been hit all year. I fully expect the Pioneers to beat up and beat PA. This is a team that has been decimated by injuries, no team in the State has had as many. They buried two beloved  teammates one year ago. They have been counted out by everyone but they have shown more heart then I've seen in years. They are playing their best ball of the year right now.

Strong words for a team that just squeaked by LRCA but safe travel for Batesville fans and it should be a great contest on Friday

NEAInfo

Quote from: Pioneerfootball1 on November 22, 2016, 10:07:18 am
How about Video?

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3142239/581dc95b4ba877190c40d294

Watch the first play on the video of this link.  Was the hit late?  Yes.  Was he flagged yes?  Was the kid still juggling the ball in the midst of the play? Yes.  Also, led with the shoulder.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6001555/58346a3cc124d70ba0945c2c

Here is the next play this guy is talking about where the QB gets hurt.  Can anyone tell me if you see anyone celebrating an injury?

This guys is a joke who is making stuff up.

Ball hits ground at 47. Blown dead. He hits him at 51/52. And leads with his head and launches into him. That's ejection.  It's a highlight play?!?!?!. Inexcusable and embarrassing. That's all you need to know

The celebration is after the pkay when they are working on him.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on November 22, 2016, 10:07:29 am
Strong words for a team that just squeaked by LRCA but safe travel for Batesville fans and it should be a great contest on Friday

LRCA is playing better now than they did earlier this year. PA's offense is limited sometimes against Batesville.  I think they scored 20 or so in 2012 and then 40ish last game. I know 40ish is a lot of points, but not for PA. And Batesville had some momentum until the qb was injured. It's always a good game and hopefully it will be a good one this Friday.

Pioneerman68

Pioneerfootball1

November 22, 2016, 10:29:04 am #77 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:33:19 am by Pioneerfootball1
Quote from: Pioneerman68 on November 22, 2016, 10:25:55 am
Not sure what this has to do with Batesville vs PA.

Me either.  I just don't like when rando's talk trash about the character of the football program.
By the way, Batesville P.A. should be a great game!  They both play hard and have met in the semi's 3 out of the last 5 years.  Starting to develop a bit of history.  I know both coaching staffs respect each other tremendously and they know that they both will be at their best. 

Pioneerman68

I Agree , anyone that knows anything about Batesville football knows we do not play that way! end of story

JessieP

Batesville is a class program and the QB, #9, is a wonderful kid, polite and almost timid. No way would he ever target anyone. As far as my prediction, Batesville plays the same defense as East High School in Salt Lake. Physical and attacking. East manhandled PA, the score was not indicative. PA scored late in the game against reserves to make it respectable. It should be a great game. The only thing we know for sure is that the State Champion will come out of the East. The State Champion this year will either be the Batesville Pioneers or the Wynne Yellow jackets.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on November 22, 2016, 11:22:16 am
Batesville is a class program and the QB, #9, is a wonderful kid, polite and almost timid. No way would he ever target anyone. As far as my prediction, Batesville plays the same defense as East High School in Salt Lake. Physical and attacking. East manhandled PA, the score was not indicative. PA scored late in the game against reserves to make it respectable. It should be a great game. The only thing we know for sure is that the State Champion will come out of the East. The State Champion this year will either be the Batesville Pioneers or the Wynne Yellow jackets.

East didn't manhandle PA just because of the defensive scheme. They have better athletes than any team in the state of Arkansas. You shouldn't compare Batesville to East. Huge difference.

STBruin

Sorry...can't compare East to Batesville...PERIOD!!!!! East looked like a D1 college...and had 10 kids offered D1 scholarships...

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on November 22, 2016, 11:22:16 am

PA may just have to forfeit since its not 7 0n 7 ::)

Pioneerman68

Pioneerman68

Quote from: STBruin on November 22, 2016, 12:39:19 pm
Sorry...can't compare East to Batesville...PERIOD!!!!! East looked like a D1 college...and had 10 kids offered D1 scholarships...

AGREED NOT SURE WHAT THIS GUY IS TRYING TO DO.

JessieP

"East looked like a D1 college"

A D1 college? really? wow. You should watch a little D1 on tv sometime. Let me see if I follow, PA could stay within 3 touchdowns of a D1 college football program? I honestly did not know that. Impressive. So all the teams ranked ahead of them in the state of Arkansas are like pro teams? and the powerhouse national teams like Bishop or Katy are as good as the Patriots? No high school team in the country looks like a D1 team, not even close. Let's check the hype and tone it down a bit. PA is a great team, you can't take anything away from them. I was saying Batesville runs the same style defense. I think it all comes down to the onside kicks. If Batesville has a short field all night it could get iffy for PA. Batesville is one of a few teams that can grind out a 6 or 7 minute drive, slow and methodical smash mouth football. I'm not saying it will happen but if Batesville protects the ball PA may only get 5 or 6 offensive possessions all night.

PA Dad

I guarantee you that the PA fans know that Batesville is a top notch program and that PA will have a tough game Friday night.  I, for one, am not counting on a victory.  PA will have to earn it on the field, and that's always a tough proposition against Batesville.

I just hope that we have good weather, the Batesville fans travel safely, and that there are no injuries in the game.  And I know from past experience that the Batesville fans travel well, so there will be a big crowd and a great atmosphere at the game.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: JessieP on November 22, 2016, 01:38:04 pm
"East looked like a D1 college"

A D1 college? really? wow. You should watch a little D1 on tv sometime. Let me see if I follow, PA could stay within 3 touchdowns of a D1 college football program? I honestly did not know that. Impressive. So all the teams ranked ahead of them in the state of Arkansas are like pro teams? and the powerhouse national teams like Bishop or Katy are as good as the Patriots? No high school team in the country looks like a D1 team, not even close. Let's check the hype and tone it down a bit. PA is a great team, you can't take anything away from them. I was saying Batesville runs the same style defense. I think it all comes down to the onside kicks. If Batesville has a short field all night it could get iffy for PA. Batesville is one of a few teams that can grind out a 6 or 7 minute drive, slow and methodical smash mouth football. I'm not saying it will happen but if Batesville protects the ball PA may only get 5 or 6 offensive possessions all night.

Considering 3 of East's starting O-linemen are committed to PAC-12 schools, I would have to say you are wrong.  Since even Batesville people are being annoyed by you, why don't you stop while you think you are ahead.  I'm not even sure this guy is from Batesville, seems to act like a Mountain Home kid.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: PA Dad on November 22, 2016, 03:11:04 pm
I guarantee you that the PA fans know that Batesville is a top notch program and that PA will have a tough game Friday night.  I, for one, am not counting on a victory.  PA will have to earn it on the field, and that's always a tough proposition against Batesville.

I just hope that we have good weather, the Batesville fans travel safely, and that there are no injuries in the game.  And I know from past experience that the Batesville fans travel well, so there will be a big crowd and a great atmosphere at the game.

Based on your and Yellowcakes post, I think that maybe the view of PA is changing somewhat.   I think it's easy for people to want to find dislike in a winning program and that is easily projected onto their fans.   I enjoy your posts and good luck to PA.  I wish Wynne the best as well, and have to admit, I am kinda pulling for Wynne.  :)

JessieP

[/quote]

Great post PA Dad. I agree, the atmosphere whenever PA and Batesville play is electric. Never mind the stands, the field is surrounded. It's everything that's good about football in the south. It is turning into one of the best rivalries in the state. It sounds cliche but it is PA with it's run and gun, high flying air it out offense vs Batesvilles hard hitting, gang tackling house of pain defense. If you did a running average of wins and playoff victories I promise you these two teams would be ranked 1 and 2.

JessieP

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 22, 2016, 03:21:13 pm
Considering 3 of East's starting O-linemen are committed to PAC-12 schools, I would have to say you are wrong.  Since even Batesville people are being annoyed by you, why don't you stop while you think you are ahead.  I'm not even sure this guy is from Batesville, seems to act like a Mountain Home kid.

That's the post you're going with ? that one ? 3 are committed to Pac-12 schools so that means East is as good as a D1 program ? Hmm, I did a little research, guess what I found out ? EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON EVERY SINGLE D1 TEAM IS A D1 PLAYER! not 3 of them. It is ludicrous to say any high school team looks like a D1 program.   

Pioneerman68

Quote from: PA Dad on November 22, 2016, 03:11:04 pm

Well said sir, Batesville knows PA is top notch as well, each team has excellent coaches and will have their teams ready come Friday night . This years Batesville team has had their share of ups and downs but have grown thru it and have became a better team , after the game last Friday I saw a look of determination that I have not seen before. The defense has settled in and has been playing great. I am expecting a hard fought game come Friday good luck to both teams. Proud of my Pioneers this year and would love for this years seniors to play their last game at WMS." A PIONEER NEVER QUITS" and this years team has held true to that.

Yellowcake

Here's all I know, in two days we get to share time with our families and be thankful for all the good things with which God has blessed us. Then the next evening we get to all come together in what will be a thrilling and charged atmosphere to see two great and tradition rich teams do battle for a shot at getting to the state championship game. I don't know about ya'll, but man, am I looking forward to all of it.

Here's to a great game filled with great effort and good sportsmanship, on and off the playing field.

May the best team win.

PioneerJack

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 21, 2016, 10:55:11 am
Quick question. When was the last time PA lost at home?
The correct answer is to Batesville in 2016....WOOOOOOO!!!!

PercussionMan

Steve Perry 2.11

Any Bruin posters want to try and meet up Friday night. Or better yet, any Bruin posters want to come over after the game and sample scotch and cigars.

PM me if interested. I actually live just off Kanis Road.

Rampage72501

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 23, 2016, 10:32:27 am
Any Bruin posters want to try and meet up Friday night. Or better yet, any Bruin posters want to come over after the game and sample scotch and cigars.

PM me if interested. I actually live just off Kanis Road.

Why is the invite just for Bruin posters?  I know for a fact there are Pioneer posters who enjoy scotch and cigars.  #botl

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 23, 2016, 10:51:40 am
Why is the invite just for Bruin posters?  I know for a fact there are Pioneer posters who enjoy scotch and cigars.  #botl

Well, I would've invited you guys but I figured you would be headed back and I certainly didn't want anyone drinking and driving.

Unless anyone wants to stay over. I've got a pretty nice layout. 5 bed/4.5 bath, media room, and a guest house. The whole nine yards.

PrivateLesson

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 23, 2016, 10:58:44 am
What time can I be there?? :)

If your there to strip, be there around 11:30. Just buzz the gate and I'll give you the code.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas