• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A scores

Started by mijally, November 16, 2016, 11:08:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mijally

Maumelle 68
Morrilton 56

Does anyone know if this game has any official significance in determining seeding for the conference tournament?

Devil Dog 17

I'm not sure, but I don't think these two teams are in the same basketball conference. Could be wrong.

Go Postal

I'm guessing that it is treated as a non conference game now since Morriton is in 6A/5A-2 and Maumelle is 6A/5A-4. But that changes when we all come back as 5A West conference tourney.  What a fubar.

MDXPHD

It shouldn't have any relevance for the seeding in the conference tournament.

Central Ark

Unless coaches are seeding the tournament based on team resumes. Then yes it would matter.

ZoneBuster

Is it a legit game, not a benefit?
If so, why wouldn't it go into seeding? When coaches look and vote on seeds they obviously look at head to head and common opponents.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 16, 2016, 03:06:54 pm
It shouldn't have any relevance for the seeding in the conference tournament.

Maumelle, Vilonia, Greenbrier & Morrilton will play a non-conference game against each other that will used for seeding on East side of 5A west.

Go Postal

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 16, 2016, 09:49:54 pm
Maumelle, Vilonia, Greenbrier & Morrilton will play a non-conference game against each other that will used for seeding on East side of 5A west.
That makes more sense. I have not seen a schedule yet but do we still play two games against each other for seeding determination?

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Go Postal on November 17, 2016, 03:24:23 am
That makes more sense. I have not seen a schedule yet but do we still play two games against each other for seeding determination?

Yes west side will play 2 and Vilonia, Greenbrier & Morrilton will play 2 also to determine seeding.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 16, 2016, 09:49:54 pm

Yes, this is the correct answer.  From what I think I understand, the South/East side of the 5A West will be paired with the North/West side in a conference tournament based on results from games played between 5A West teams.  None of the 5A/6A 'conference' games mean anything, which is odd.

ZoneBuster

Arkansas fans and coaches will grow accustomed to it soon. Missouri has done this format for a while. Teams will develop rivalries in the new conferences and still want to win their conference.

MDXPHD

I'm not smart enough to figure this out. I'm glad you guys are here to keep us up to date!

mijally

Quote from: ZoneBuster on November 17, 2016, 07:50:59 pm
Arkansas fans and coaches will grow accustomed to it soon. Missouri has done this format for a while. Teams will develop rivalries in the new conferences and still want to win their conference.
I don't expect this format will last long enough to get accustomed to. I like the large amount of local games but I'm not a fan of them all being meaningless. A team can go through a whole season and the only game that counts is the first round of the district tournament. That's broke.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: mijally on November 18, 2016, 06:59:11 am
I don't expect this format will last long enough to get accustomed to. I like the large amount of local games but I'm not a fan of them all being meaningless. A team can go through a whole season and the only game that counts is the first round of the district tournament. That's broke.

Thankfully. Perhaps in the new cycle in two years, the 6A can leave everyone else alone and have their own conference...

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 17, 2016, 08:09:37 pm
I'm not smart enough to figure this out. I'm glad you guys are here to keep us up to date!

I know I'm not smart enough. The AAA has done a really nice job of making this a cluster####.

Sometimes I think some members of the AAA work on Obama's strategy teams.

When I try to read the conference schedule this is what it sounds like to me, check it out:

"A will play B,C and D in conference. A also plays E,F and G in that conference too, but it doesn't count, because they are in a different part of that

conference. And to simplify it even more, we'll play a conference tournament at the end of the conference schedule(making sure that the regular season

doesn't even count) where A plays the 4 seed of the Matrix Overload, but can only be eliminated with a loss of 10 points or more while the 2 seed can be

eliminated with a loss of only 8 points. Seeding will be determined by who has the tallest manager and home teams will be determined by whose cafeteria is

the oldest. Then when we have the first round of the tournament complete, we will have a rave at the school's football field that's geographically in the

middle of the conference. After the rave, we will continue with the second round, only......and only after the teams facing off in the 2nd round have a dance

team routine competition. The winner of each competition will get the ball to start the game. Once we reach the finals, the football teams of each school will

host a toga party at Greers Ferry Lake. The team with the most representatives at the toga party have to support the home team in the basketball

tournament finals".

And that's how you play 5A basketball in 2016.

Chief_Osceola™

^ Pretty much sums it up perfectly.

ZoneBuster

People should never complain about traveling for long conference games, then.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: ZoneBuster on November 19, 2016, 08:47:59 am
People should never complain about traveling for long conference games, then.

I'm going to use Vilonia as an example here.

In the 5A West, Vilonia traveled to Greenbrier, Morrilton, Maumelle, Clarksville, Little Rock Christian, and Harrison.

If you add up all the travel miles (round trip) for those match-ups, you get 666 miles.

In the new 5A/6A blended conference, Vilonia will travel to Greenbrier, Morrilton, Beebe, Batesville, Searcy, and Mountain Home.

If you add up all the travel miles (round trip) for the new match-ups, you get 630.8 miles.

So, 35.2 less miles. Not really worth messing with the conferences in my opinion.

AT

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 19, 2016, 10:36:39 am

In the 5A West, Vilonia traveled to Greenbrier, Morrilton, Maumelle, Clarksville, Little Rock Christian, and Harrison.

If you add up all the travel miles (round trip) for those match-ups, you get 666 miles.

In the new 5A/6A blended conference, Vilonia will travel to Greenbrier, Morrilton, Beebe, Batesville, Searcy, and Mountain Home.

If you add up all the travel miles (round trip) for the new match-ups, you get 630.8 miles.

So, 35.2 less miles. Not really worth messing with the conferences in my opinion.

A point perhaps, but I would be more interested in overall travel time saved across the state. Not just Vilonia's.

MikeDiesel™

Blytheville won their opener over Osceola 57-50 in front of the biggest crowd I've seen in Blytheville in a while. Fire Marshall shut the doors before the varsity game began. Love the crowd.

Ready for the Rumble to see how we stack with El Do, FC, and Parkview.

Missco

First time for a capacity crowd since the year Blytheville won state in 2006 or whatever year that was. Maybe it will be that way most games. Blytheville nerds a new gym as does Gosnell. I predict Blytheville will finish in top 2  in the 5 A east depending where tourney is.  In the new combined deal I think they will finish 3rd or 4th.

godeep

Missco respect you and MikeDiesel but watch FC and BlyVegas  tonight and  things haven't changed at the top of 5A  East. FC will still run things.

Missco

Lol, I said top 2. I predict 1 fc 2 Blytheville 3 Nettlton. or vv

godeep

Parkview 68
Forrest City 58

MDXPHD

Quote from: Missco on November 25, 2016, 07:17:30 pm
Lol, I said top 2. I predict 1 fc 2 Blytheville 3 Nettlton. or vv

What about Batesville?

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: godeep on November 24, 2016, 11:47:27 pm
Missco respect you and MikeDiesel but watch FC and BlyVegas  tonight and  things haven't changed at the top of 5A  East. FC will still run things.

We are looking better this year, but are not quite there yet.  It doesn't/won't surprise me at all for FC to run away with the conference again.

Missco

Sikeston 68 Blytheville 64. The chicks led by as much as 11 in the 3rd period but couldn't hang on for the huge upset. Thatch from Sikeston had 24. He can go. Scotty Thurman was in the house scouting him. Sikeston is one of the favorites to win the 4A title in Missouri.

VHSCoach2

Vilonia hosted 6A Jacksonville last night.

Girls:
Vilonia 56
Jacksonville 31

Lady Eagles improve to 4-2 on the season.

Boys:
Jacksonville 66
Vilonia 57

Eagles fall to 4-1 on the season.

cannon

Hurricane Classic, Jonesboro

Hot Springs 71
Valley View 67
Final.

Go Postal

December 05, 2016, 03:15:30 pm #29 Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:39:56 pm by Go Postal
12-2-16 Willard, MO Tri State tourney 1st game

Girls:
Harrison 60
Ft Scott, KS 39

Boys:
Harrison 69
Ft Scott, KS 43

Go Postal

December 06, 2016, 12:10:58 pm #30 Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:40:48 pm by Go Postal
12-3-16 Willard MO Tri State tourney 2nd and 3rd games
Girls
Harrison 58
Bentonville West 23

Harrison 74
Willard, MO 59

Boys
Harrison 69
Bentonville West 55

Harrison 60 (L)
Willard, MO 66

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle beat Greenbrier 64-35 Friday night. They put it on cruise control after the first half of the first quarter.

Go Postal

December 06, 2016, 07:31:10 pm #32 Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 07:35:26 pm by Go Postal
from 11-29-16
Girls:
Harrison 65
vs Springfield (Hillcrest) MO 41
Boys:
Harrison 61
@ Branson, MO 42

sevenof400

What has happened to Greenbrier? 
They have certainly fallen on lean times for an extended period. 

mijally

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 06, 2016, 10:51:28 pm
What has happened to Greenbrier? 
They have certainly fallen on lean times for an extended period.
I've noticed in the last 3 years that Greenbrier seems to be the only team in the West that has no size inside. I can't recall a player over 6-3 so they are always a perimeter team. They can spread you out and get past you when you come out but they don't have the size to finish at the rim. Defensively they are vulnerable inside also.

VHSCoach2

From last night:

Varsity Girls:

Watson Chapel 33
Vilonia 29

Varsity Boys:
Vilonia 49
Watson Chapel 43

Cajun Hog

last night:
Farmington (B) 54
Springdale       48

VHSCoach2

Girls:

Vilonia 43
Maumelle 40

Final/OT

Boys:
Maumelle 75
Vilonia 59

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 19, 2016, 10:36:39 am

Morrilton will travel to Mountain Home and Batesville, but will not play a team "Russelville" that is only 26 miles away.

mijally

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on December 10, 2016, 10:46:03 pm
Morrilton will travel to Mountain Home and Batesville, but will not play a team "Russelville" that is only 26 miles away.
This example sums up how ridiculous this system is. AAA makes it mandatory for you to drive 2 hours to play meaningless games. Lol. What are they thinking?  Genius. I bet some school that knows the AAA paid, I mean, bid on this process and is making some money off it somehow. Like they do the state tournaments. This system has to be more profitable for the AAA otherwise it wouldn't exist.

Go Postal

Thursday
Boys
@ Fayetteville Tournament
Harrison 72
Jacksonville 64

Girls
@ Joplin MO Tournament
Harrison 54
Grandy (East Newton) MO 28

Go Postal

Boys @ FAYETTEVILLE
Harrison 53 (L)
Springfield (Kickapoo) MO 89

Harrison 73
North Little Rock 61

Girls @ Joplin
Harrison 51 (L)
Olatha (KS) South 67

Harrison 37 (L)
Leavenworth KS 40

Go Postal

December 13, 2016, 12:10:56 pm #42 Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:12:54 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Go Postal on December 13, 2016, 12:10:38 pm
Boys @ FAYETTEVILLE
Harrison 53 (L)
Springfield (Kickapoo) MO 89

Harrison 73
North Little Rock 61

Girls @ Joplin
Harrison 51 (L)
Olatha (KS) South 67

Harrison 37 (L)
Leavenworth KS 40
Friday and Saturday games

Go Postal

Monday 12-12 @ Branson
Girls
Harrison 66 (L)
Branson MO 76

I will post the write up on this game later tonight on the Harrison thread.  It is a must read to see how a team can start the game with the score at 2-0 in Missouri. :o

Marblehog

How does Parkview score in the 50's with all that talent?

mijally

Quote from: Marblehog on December 14, 2016, 01:22:30 pm
How does Parkview score in the 50's with all that talent?
Because there is no shot clock to force the other team to shoot quickly and Fair is good defensively. PV still won by 18. Looks like a solid win.

mijally

Maumelle 65
Morrilton 58

VHSCoach2

Vilonia girls won the Greenbrier tournament over the weekend with wins over Benton (44-16), Greenbrier (41-23), and Maumelle (59-44). Lady Eagles 8-3 on the season now.

Vilonia boys finished in third in the Greenbrier with a win over Greenbrier (54-40) and losses to Shirley (53-50) and Maumelle (67-57). Eagles 6-4 on the season now.

Vilonia hosts McClellan tomorrow evening.

MA

Jonesboro - 67
Parkview - 47

They struggle to score because they have no shooters. They have the most talented roster in the state but they all do the same thing. Play zone, block out, make shots and Parkview is beatable. However that's much easier said than done

Redwolves8526

Quote from: MA on December 20, 2016, 12:59:26 am
Jonesboro - 67
Parkview - 47

They struggle to score because they have no shooters. They have the most talented roster in the state but they all do the same thing. Play zone, block out, make shots and Parkview is beatable. However that's much easier said than done

I'd say Jonesboro's roster is as good or better than Parkview's. Jonesboro's guard play is unbelievable.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas