• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10-2A Basketball scores for the season

Started by mtindian42, November 14, 2016, 06:43:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

leedog95

Mustangfans

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 05, 2016, 08:16:02 pm
Senior boys. Riverside 87 EPC 64 final. Stone from Riverside had 46
Stone put it to us too. Twice!!

Head Lion

Why does BIC always back out on playing their 7th grade games. How do they expect to build a program, RECRUIT???

birddawg1986

Epc girls 37 MT 35

MT boys 67 Corning 24

Head Lion

bdubyab60

BoxNOne

Mustangfans

Quote from: Head Lion on December 05, 2016, 08:48:29 pm
Why does BIC always back out on playing their 7th grade games. How do they expect to build a program, RECRUIT???
The boys or the girls?

Head Lion

Boys, I think he ain't real fond of competition. I know when he coached elementary that he didn't want to play anyone any good at all. They have cancelled like their last four 7th grade games. Just watch what I say, he will play cupcakes & cancel on other folks.

bdubyab60

Junior High. EPC 42 MT 36 final. I believe that to be our first win

leedog95

bdubyab60

Hadn't started yet. Still in warm up. Hopefully we don't have a brawl like the football game.

leedog95

Hope not that would be a shame. Keep us updated Bdubb.

bdubyab60

Will do. Right now EPC thinks MT players are on their team. Thrown it to them more than we have our own players

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

I miss the days of fundamentals. Tied at 11 and MT has straight up outplayed is. Horrible passing continues to be an issue, even basic passes turn in to an adventure

leedog95

MT is just a scrappy team nothing special at all. I sure thought EPC would be much better than MT this year.

bdubyab60

EPC is making it easy for them. I'll explain later.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Quote from: leedog95 on December 06, 2016, 07:39:17 pm
MT is just a scrappy team nothing special at all. I sure thought EPC would be much better than MT this year.
MT is in a zone and EPC just stands there or dribbles in and throws it away. These one hand passes and crap. Got a kid wide open and the ball is 4 rows over his head in to the stands. MT has the rebound and not a single player looking to see if anyone is getting back. Talent isn't the issue the play is. You have to do little things good to be a good team. EPC isn't doing it right now

bdubyab60

MT gotta be shooting 70% from 3 as we again are shooting 50% from the freethrow line

Mustangfans

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Mustangfans

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

BoxNOne

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 06, 2016, 08:50:33 pm
Bdub, who is the coach at EPC now?
Steve Brown I think is his name. We are just real sloppy right. Play way better when the pace is up. Really just need to make better decisions on the easy things. I think we might have thought this was going to be an easy game.

bdubyab60

At any rate we got out with a win. I'm probably a little heated up on this one cause of who we played.

MT came out and played very good ball. Seemed like they hit everything they shot and they were definitely making all the plays. But they never could really pull away. EPC just kept clawing back. Shortly in to the 4th EPC went to a full court trapping press and really starting pushing the pace. Think MT was up 3 or 5 when that final push started. EPC finally made some freethrows down the stretch to get the percentage up and close things out.

birddawg1986

December 06, 2016, 09:19:42 pm #133 Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:58:08 pm by birddawg1986
Was a tail of two halves. MT controlled the first half then EPC made some halftime adjustments with the full court press and gave MT fits the rest of the night. MT better find them some ball handlers or the good teams will copy EPC and make MT life miserable. Good win for EPC protecting the home court.

bdubyab60

It was about 3 quarters and 2 minutes or so that MT controlled the game. They just never could push the lead out far enough, MT biggest lead may have been 9 maybe 10.

I tell you what though that Perry kid works and plays the game the right way. Solid player. Not saying he's the best player in the state or nothing but every team could use a player that hustles every play and solid in all phases of the game

NEAscout100

Sloan beat Riverside boys by 6 in the finals of the WBC tourney. Down 22-2 at one point and came back and won. This Sloan squad will be surprising to a lot of people.

leedog95

MT is a very young team only two seniors playing for them. Maybe they will improve as the year goes on. The press always seems to really bother them.

bdubyab60

Quote from: leedog95 on December 07, 2016, 12:29:46 am
MT is a very young team only two seniors playing for them. Maybe they will improve as the year goes on. The press always seems to really bother them.
MT will be fine. For the better part of the game they made EPC play like the sophomores. MT and Earle may have the youngest starters in the conference/division, not sure though. If MT had Miles from what I've seen they would be the best team. Number 5 for MT is going to be a good one too. Needs to get a little meat on his bones though, kid can play.

MikelB

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 06, 2016, 09:37:25 pm
It was about 3 quarters and 2 minutes or so that MT controlled the game. They just never could push the lead out far enough, MT biggest lead may have been 9 maybe 10.

I tell you what though that Perry kid works and plays the game the right way. Solid player. Not saying he's the best player in the state or nothing but every team could use a player that hustles every play and solid in all phases of the game

If the big guy for MT would have stayed in the game there may have been a different outcome. He kept EPC out of the paint the whole time he was in the game. EPC did't take a lead until he was on the bench.

bdubyab60

Quote from: MikelB on December 07, 2016, 01:03:00 pm
If the big guy for MT would have stayed in the game there may have been a different outcome. He kept EPC out of the paint the whole time he was in the game. EPC did't take a lead until he was on the bench.
I don't think we attacked enough before then either. To much standing around for the biggest part of the game.

playmaker04

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on November 16, 2016, 02:44:09 pm
The Sr High conference tournament this year will be at Cotter.

I talked to a coach in this conference and he said that they will do a east/west division to determine seeds.  No byes 1v4 2v3 just like in Regionals.

East
BIC
EPC
Marked Tree
Marmaduke

West
Cotter
Flippin
Salem
Sloan Hendrix.

Top 4 teams will advance to Regional tournament.
will there be a split with the 3-2A for district tournament also?

birddawg1986

NEark tigers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 06, 2016, 08:56:01 pm
Steve Brown I think is his name. We are just real sloppy right. Play way better when the pace is up. Really just need to make better decisions on the easy things. I think we might have thought this was going to be an easy game.
Yes, Stephen Brown played at my alma mater, Crawfordsville, where Murray was his coach when he graduated in 1991.

bdubyab60

Quote from: NEark tigers on December 09, 2016, 12:22:01 pm
Yes, Stephen Brown played at my alma mater, Crawfordsville, where Murray was his coach when he graduated in 1991.
I played against those teams probably put a couple fouls on him. Ack in the day lol

bdubyab60

birddawg1986

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des arc swept 4 from cross county tonight

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 09, 2016, 10:21:41 pm

will DA be competitive this year Pick?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on December 12, 2016, 11:36:16 am
will DA be competitive this year Pick?

When they put forth the effort and their first few shots fall, they can be dangerous.

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 09, 2016, 10:21:41 pm

Not bad, CC had a really good team last year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas