• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 2... Conway at Fayetteville

Started by Razorback Red, November 11, 2016, 10:16:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

No disrespect to Conway, but I won't spend a lot of time on this one.

Fayetteville by a lot. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 11, 2016, 10:16:06 pm
No disrespect to Conway, but I won't spend a lot of time on this one.

Fayetteville by a lot.

I agree.

Brian G

Oddity

Conway vs Fay basketball that same night at FHS.

JV boys 4:30 and Varsity boys 5:45.

Girls not playing.

Razorback Red

Quote from: B.G. on November 11, 2016, 10:17:38 pm
Oddity

Conway vs Fay basketball that same night at FHS.

JV boys 4:30 and Varsity boys 5:45.

Girls not playing.

The schools should get together and either move up to a 4pm start time or cancel JV and just play varsity at 5pm so the students can all attend the playoff game. 

Brian G

The JV game will be a fast one.  It's possible it'll start earlier.  They already did move it up once.

sportsguy80

Yeah l was wondering how they were going to adjust the basketball games schedule. Moving the times up will work since the arena and football stadium are within walking distance.

Yellowcake

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 12, 2016, 12:49:20 pm
Yeah l was wondering how they were going to adjust the basketball games schedule. Moving the times up will work since the arena and football stadium are within walking distance.

Curious, is there a high school in arkansas where the gym and football field aren't in walking distance? I can't think of one?

Neat little piece of trivia....

Brian G

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 16, 2016, 09:53:50 pm
Curious, is there a high school in arkansas where the gym and football field aren't in walking distance? I can't think of one?

Several in fact.  Bentonville West.  Most LR schools that don't play at home.

Yellowcake

B West will get a gym, right?
See your point on the LR schools. Parkview And Hall are the only two I can think of, though. Are there others?

ricepig

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 16, 2016, 11:07:48 pm
B West will get a gym, right?
See your point on the LR schools. Parkview And Hall are the only two I can think of, though. Are there others?

Isn't El Dorado's stadium away from the school?

soccerhawg

Yes, El Dorado's football stadium is in the middle of town.  The basketball arena is at the high school, all the way on the other side of town.

soccerhawg

Concerning the Conway vs. Fayetteville football game, I'm curious on anyone's thoughts about their senior Terrance Rock getting arrested.  http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2016/nov/17/fayetteville-senior-running-back-rock-arrested/  Apparently no decision has been made on whether he will play this Friday, or not.  If he doesn't, does that really change Fayetteville's chances much?

sportsguy80

Quote from: soccerhawg on November 17, 2016, 10:17:21 am
Concerning the Conway vs. Fayetteville football game, I'm curious on anyone's thoughts about their senior Terrance Rock getting arrested.  http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2016/nov/17/fayetteville-senior-running-back-rock-arrested/  Apparently no decision has been made on whether he will play this Friday, or not.  If he doesn't, does that really change Fayetteville's chances much?
I say it wouldn't this game but it may moving forward. Out of all the games I've seen this year he is the only homerun threat out the backfield. Also, he makes plays as a receiver too. They are talented enough to win without him but he will be missed if he can't play the remainder of the playoffs.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 17, 2016, 10:34:02 am
I say it wouldn't this game but it may moving forward. Out of all the games I've seen this year he is the only homerun threat out the backfield. Also, he makes plays as a receiver too. They are talented enough to win without him but he will be missed if he can't play the remainder of the playoffs.
It will definitely be a major hit when they play in the next round. Too bad kids just don't understand the consequences of bad choices.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on November 17, 2016, 10:45:33 am
It will definitely be a major hit when they play in the next round. Too bad kids just don't understand the consequences of bad choices.
You are absolutely right. Sad situation.

P.F.G.

At this point it's not even about the game. He will be facing this the rest of his life.

Okieback

If he plays tomorrow, he is completely innocent, bill Blankenship don't play
With kinda mess.  Let's wait and see.

Marblehog

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 16, 2016, 09:53:50 pm

DeQueen

Brian G

Turns out Benton Co arrested the wrong person.  This kid should have never been arrested. Guy with a similar name should have been.

Benton Co a joke.

TigerHawg

Quote from: B.G. on November 18, 2016, 02:53:57 pm
Turns out Benton Co arrested the wrong person.  This kid should have never been arrested. Guy with a similar name should have been.

Benton Co a joke.

I was reading that his lawyer said that but the Centerton police have not cleared him? Honestly would love to see him cleared because I hate seeing talent get wasted.
Hopefully the lawyer is correct.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: B.G. on November 18, 2016, 02:53:57 pm

Benton Co a joke.

Air Tight Alibi 42

White Flight City 21

Sorry, but closest thing to rhyming I could come up with😳

PressBox-81

Looks like the white flight have traveled well tonight while Fville stands are looking thin tonight.

Brian G

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: B.G. on November 18, 2016, 08:46:11 pm
https://twitter.com/NWAVernon/status/799805682581196800

Good for him.   Read the account of the false arrest in the paper today.   Someone really messed up on this one☹️

TigerHawg

November 21, 2016, 05:59:40 am #24 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 03:34:17 pm by TigerHawg

Brian G

Quote from: TigerHawg on November 21, 2016, 05:59:40 am
Well looks like it was a Fayetteville player who had the same # on his jersey. So I can understand the mistake, but I am glad he was cleared and that the other player came forward.
Not good enough.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas