• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 2... Bentonville at Northside

Started by Razorback Red, November 11, 2016, 10:07:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Can't wait for this one.  I already miss NS in the 7A West.  Just not the same without those 2 schools. 

I think both offenses might struggle a bit next week.  Bentonville will have to throw the ball better because it will be hard to run against a tough NS D.  I'm guessing the Bville D will be fired up after a really ugly showing in round 1. 

This game probably comes down to turnovers and who can limit big plays.

I think NS will be favored by 3 or so at home, but I'll go with the Tigers by 3 on the road. 

PA Dad

I was impressed with Northside when they played NLR.  Bentonville is not as dominant as it has been in past years.  I'll take Northside by a touchdown.

Razorback Red

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2016, 10:11:53 pm
I was impressed with Northside when they played NLR.  Bentonville is not as dominant as it has been in past years.  I'll take Northside by a touchdown.

Probably a smart pick.  You are right about Bville, they are still very, very good, but do not have a dominating D that folks are used to.  I do think the pressure will be on NS.  I think they've only beat Bville once in several years. 

Baitshop

Northside, offensively, is the QB Norwood. If you stop him you can win. If you can't, he can go 80 yards in a heartbeat.

Defensively, Northside has it's typical sideline to sideline speed, but is bigger on the D-line than in years past. They are a handful this year.

sportsguy80

It's going to be difficult for BV to pull this one out. If they can hit on all cylinders then this game may become very interesting.

Grizzlyfan

Northside is playing as well as I've seen them in the 10 years I've followed them.  QB/CB Tre Norwood is playing at a very high level.  Their linebacking corp is one of the best in the state.  All 3 will play college football if one of them has his academics in order.  That said, they are still playing the team that beat Fayetteville.  I'd say it's a toss-up and will be a great game.

PA Dad

I missed this one too. It sounds like Bentonville was plenty dominant tonight.

sportsguy80

Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2016, 09:59:59 pm
I missed this one too. It sounds like Bentonville was plenty dominant tonight.
Me too. I knew Bentonville had the talent to but I expected it to be closer.

Razorback Red

I just got home from the game.  It was cold, but both sides had a good crowd.

I was expecting a 17-14 type game.  Was really surprised at how well Bentonville was able to run the ball against the NS D, which opened up the slants and a shot over the top.

Norwood is really good, but after the first drive Bville took the edges away and really held him in check.  Not having any passing game really gave Bville the opportunity to stack the box and stop the run. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas