• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El dorado vs Marion.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, November 08, 2016, 09:25:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

What are your thoughts on this one??

Oldbadger

If Eldo has most of its wounded back, they will win.  Won't venture a score, but a win none the less.

Proud Buckaroo

I know two of the injured players came back two weeks ago.  The rest were season ending injuries. I believe.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 08, 2016, 09:45:47 pm
I know two of the injured players came back two weeks ago.  The rest were season ending injuries. I believe.

2 of the 3 that were not season ending played last week. Still waiting on one to get healed.

Wildcat Football

Marion is inconsistent, so hard to predict this one. I give ED the nod in this one with players getting back.  QB play will be key this week, like what our defense front can do at times.

Oldbadger

Stop Marion's QB, you stop Marion.

T-Bone

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 10, 2016, 01:50:44 pm
Stop Marion's QB, you stop Marion.

He was getting banged up pretty bad against Jonesboro.  Even getting banged up and often getting up slow after a hit the QB did his job and did well.  A lot of that has to do with the other weapons having speed.  Blitz and do it often but watch that fast RB if he is able to get the ball to him.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on November 10, 2016, 04:25:39 pm
He was getting banged up pretty bad against Jonesboro.  Even getting banged up and often getting up slow after a hit the QB did his job and did well.  A lot of that has to do with the other weapons having speed.  Blitz and do it often but watch that fast RB if he is able to get the ball to him.

My thoughts, too. Jonesboro had more success when they blitzed. He's not real mobile, and isn't going to beat you with his feet. He also wasn't terribly accurate on short throws, so make him get rid of it quickly.

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

I see why Hootens has this as the game of the week. No one really knows what to expect from two 5-5 teams and not knowing what to expect in the 6A is right up their alley...  But seriously, I believe that the past successes of EDHS has them doing better in people's minds than what reality may prove. Marion is very, very potent and I appreciate this forum's recognition of that fact. Marion wins 31-14 in my mind. But, that may be entirely off base. In which case, I'll submit an application to Hootens.  ;D

Wildcat_Booster

EL Dorado 10--Marion 3 at the half

SantaHog

El Dorado 38
Marion      3
4th Quarter according to NFHS

SantaHog

I'd like to see the box score for this game.  Turnovers? Time of Possession?  After 10-3 at half, El Dorado scored 21 points in the 3rd quarter. 

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: SantaHog on November 11, 2016, 09:31:44 pm
I'd like to see the box score for this game.  Turnovers? Time of Possession?  After 10-3 at half, El Dorado scored 21 points in the 3rd quarter.
I was listening on radio, but halfway paying attention at times. I think Eldo shot themselves in the foot in first half with penalties. Also time management issues. Was inside redzone with less than a minute in half and didn't get out of bounds with no timeouts left to stop clock.  Maybe one turnover in second half by Marion. According to the radio crew, Eldo defensive line was in QB face all night, and our running game dominated in second half. Eldo had good field position to start second half after failed onside kick attempt. I think it was won in the trenches by Eldo.

gatecrasher

Marion 153 yds of offense.
7 yards rushing on 13 carries.

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: SantaHog on November 11, 2016, 09:31:44 pm

Marion had 3 TO's to El Do's none. time of possession was in favor of El Do 30 plus to about 20 for Marion. El Dorado dominated line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Oldbadger

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

An outstanding performance by El Dorado. They play like that, Greenwood may be in for a surprise. Not saying El Dorado wins, but at least makes them sweat. Best of luck to the Wildcats!

Wildcat Football

Wow, I didn't see this one coming at all.  I like to be pleasantly surprised and this one will hopefully give us some boost of confidence into the next round.  It will be a juggernaut, but knowing they pulled off the upset 2 years ago...anything can happen in the playoffs.  Hopefully, Coach Reed can pull another rabbit out of his highly decorated hat!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas