• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The State Of Camden Fairview Football

Started by Youngsta71701, November 03, 2016, 12:13:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleswag

Quote from: Randy on December 08, 2016, 03:28:08 pm
That's PA. They're a different bread up there. Kids are winners, they play with heart.

Sour dough??

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 08, 2016, 02:38:28 pm
Actually PA has a few on defense that weight #200 according to the roster, but not that much over 200 for the most part.  And I wonder about a little size inflation on the rosters of most high schools.  I remember back in my high school days, a 10 lb average was added on.

Ive added 10 lbs per decade to that since the HS inflation :'(

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 08, 2016, 02:38:28 pm
Actually PA has a few on defense that weight #200 according to the roster, but not that much over 200 for the most part.  And I wonder about a little size inflation on the rosters of most high schools.  I remember back in my high school days, a 10 lb average was added on.
They had one starter over 200 pounds. My bad...Should have been more specific.

Youngsta71701

December 12, 2016, 10:56:44 am #53 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:58:43 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Randy on December 08, 2016, 03:28:08 pm
That's PA. They're a different breed up there. Kids are winners, they play with heart.
My point exactly. A good coach that is running a good program can get that out of the kids. They can get everything out of the kids and then a little extra. We had that for a moment in Camden... ;)

Example: Bryant 2016

Youngsta71701

Bump...Go ahead Camden Fairview fans. Let's vent...Go ahead and say what's really on some of your minds... ;D ...It will make you feel better if you got it all off your chest... ;)

wildboy44

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 15, 2016, 07:07:39 am
Bump...Go ahead Camden Fairview fans. Let's vent...Go ahead and say what's really on some of your minds... ;D ...It will make you feel better if you got it all off your chest... ;)
I wont...me and my son don't even discuss those 2 years of football. Hurts to bad!!!!!

Grond

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 08, 2016, 02:14:57 pm
To all the people that used the Camden Fairview size excuse as the reason for our defense getting ran over and around this year I have a "Cold Hard Fact" for ya.

Pulaski Academy just won a state championship with only one kid over 200 pounds on defense. And if I'm not mistaken he was a safety. ???

Carry on then...

This may be true, but it is also not unusual. The trend in defense 'today' is speed over size. The only 'big guys' on defense are Defensive Tackles. In the 5A East, defenses have gotten lighter.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Grond on December 15, 2016, 09:40:28 am
This may be true, but it is also not unusual. The trend in defense 'today' is speed over size. The only 'big guys' on defense are Defensive Tackles. In the 5A East, defenses have gotten lighter.
+1, Exactly...I kept trying to tell these Camden fans that it wasn't the players it was the passive non-aggressive scheme. When we finally decided to change the scheme after the Magnolia game as a result we started playing better defense. Would have been even better if our best linebacker, cornerback, and safety would have played defense.

Pat Swilling

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pat Swilling on January 03, 2017, 09:07:07 am
CF in good hands with Monden.
I think so. I think he started figuring some things out about how we have to play at Camden to win.

The A-Team

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 05, 2017, 07:39:30 am
I think so. I think he started figuring some things out about how we have to play at Camden to win.
Yes he has started figuring something out because he sent his OC back to Oklahoma.

walkingguy72396

less than 200 lbs average on the defensive line.  To me it all depends on strength, quickness and discipline.  Look at how well Wynnes number 7 looked on defense.

Oh and when PA feels the need to stop a short yardage play.  They bring out the beef.

Marblehog

Iknewthemwhen

Some harsh criticism for some coaches here, boy!   I don't think coaches should belittle players as a consistent method of their coaching, but the truth is sometimes harsh.  For the future, I hope you don't have kids go on to play college ball, the language is often not very nice, they don't typically mince words. 

The A-Team

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 10, 2017, 04:46:46 pm
Some harsh criticism for some coaches here, boy!   I don't think coaches should belittle players as a consistent method of their coaching, but the truth is sometimes harsh.  For the future, I hope you don't have kids go on to play college ball, the language is often not very nice, they don't typically mince words.
I hope there are kids that go play college ball. I'm sure the coach (not coaches) won't tell the kids "why don't you just quit. You make the team worse." Or "Your parents made a mistake". Really....to a kid. Get the heck out of here!!

Iknewthemwhen

I hate to burst your bubble but I have seen a lot of college coaches at various levels and I assure you many don't worry if they hurt players feelings because of what they say to them. 

Marblehog

What amazes me are these girl coaches allowed to use the F words around girl athletes.  Its ridiculous

nuttinbuthogs

I once had the pleasure of sitting in on a booster club meeting in which a parent was attacking the attitude and demeanor of a fairly successful coach.  It struck me as strange that in doing so the parent oozed forth with some horrible accusations surrounded by some very colorful adjectives. 
Is that a double standard?

The A-Team

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 10, 2017, 07:12:08 pm
I hate to burst your bubble but I have seen a lot of college coaches at various levels and I assure you many don't worry if they hurt players feelings because of what they say to them.
College kids who are on scholarship not 15-17 year old kids whose playing for the love of playing or to play with friends. High School not college players.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: The A-Team on January 10, 2017, 06:10:58 pm
I hope there are kids that go play college ball. I'm sure the coach (not coaches) won't tell the kids "why don't you just quit. You make the team worse." Or "Your parents made a mistake". Really....to a kid. Get the heck out of here!!

Sounds like you are saying college kids.

NWA Hawg

I see where Jeremiah monden is one of the 5 finalist at mineral springs. Has to be pretty bad at Camden to go from 5a Camden Fairview to one of the smallest 2a schools in the state.

Jerry

wildboy44

NWA Hawg

Quote from: wildboy44 on February 07, 2017, 08:12:43 am
Wanting to go to Mineral Springs. We are the laughing stock.

I've heard from a few coaches that have left there that administrative support is the problem. There's no teaching kids accountability because whenever a coach hands down a punishment the athletic director and others up top won't back him on it. Has to be something going on there. They have replaced as many coaches as anyone in the state the past 5 years and a lot of times these coaches are taking a step back down just to get out. 

gameoflife

Sounds like they are going to add to that number this year.  I hear maybe a couple?

browning_gold_12

February 08, 2017, 08:02:50 am #75 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:06:59 am by browning_gold_12
Quote from: fann07 on February 05, 2017, 09:10:35 am
I see where Jeremiah monden is one of the 5 finalist at mineral springs. Has to be pretty bad at Camden to go from 5a Camden Fairview to one of the smallest 2a schools in the state.

Saw this where? Nm.. Google is your friend...

http://southwestarkansasradio.com/search-for-head-football-coach-at-mineral-springs-continues/

browning_gold_12

Did a little digging and it appears this is coming from the Mineral Springs camp and he is very happy where he is.

Katdaddy

If you are happy where you are then why would you interview at another school !!

GotInfo?

Called I guy I know that is friends with him.  He didn't even apply.  Mineral is using him and a few others to boost interest.  It happens sometimes, but he isn't going anywhere.

CaliKid

So, hes cool with being thrown out there and the crap that brings on a coach to help boost minerals job pool? That happens all the time? Schools get FOI request so they throw random coaches names out to boost interest? That amazing, i was not aware of that method. If im  not mistaken, it said he interviewed. Sounds real committed to helping them boost their interest.

Marblehog

Its gonna be really tough for Camden to win a game next year.  No athletes left somehow

The A-Team

Quote from: Marblehog on February 08, 2017, 11:54:53 am
Its gonna be really tough for Camden to win a game next year.  No athletes left somehow
No athletes?......Apparently you haven't seen them. Maybe not the number you're used to seeing but they have a few.

GotInfo?

He didn't even interview. From what I was told, only 2 of the coaches listed had even interviewed. He was not one. And trust me, I'm quite sure he isn't happy about them name dropping him in that mix. Monden Isn't leaving.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: GotInfo? on February 08, 2017, 10:09:48 pm
He didn't even interview. From what I was told, only 2 of the coaches listed had even interviewed. He was not one. And trust me, I'm quite sure he isn't happy about them name dropping him in that mix. Monden Isn't leaving.

Of course he is saying he didin't apply and is happy where he is at. What's he supposed to tell people, I hate it at Camden and I ready to leave as soon as I can. Come on now get real!!! If mineral is name dropping to drum up interest, wouldn't you think they would drop a name a little bit bigger that a first year coach who went 4-7. How does that drum up interest? ??? ::)

wildboy44

Quote from: fann07 on February 09, 2017, 10:03:56 am
Of course he is saying he didin't apply and is happy where he is at. What's he supposed to tell people, I hate it at Camden and I ready to leave as soon as I can. Come on now get real!!! If mineral is name dropping to drum up interest, wouldn't you think they would drop a name a little bit bigger that a first year coach who went 4-7. How does that drum up interest? ??? ::)
+1

Look A Here

Monden is staying in Camden and never applied.  He was approached by people of "influence" for the job, and he declined.  Have a person I know well that spoke with him and others at Mineral, and he relayed this same message. Does it look bad, yes.  But now a days with some schools its about publicity and getting outside interest and attention.  Tell me how the two recent hirings at two Little Rock area schools, weren't about that.  Two coaches that did wrong, and still found work because of their name and ability to attract kids to play football.

Katdaddy

I would be highly upset if I did not apply for a job and my name is put out in public that I am in the running for the job.. What does that say about a school and its "higher ups"?? If I was a coach, I would be very cautious about a place that operates that way.

Marblehog

Quote from: The A-Team on February 08, 2017, 05:05:33 pm
No athletes?......Apparently you haven't seen them. Maybe not the number you're used to seeing but they have a few.
Man have you watched the junior high teams the last two years? 

browning_gold_12

The 9th grade was behind the 8ball last year before they ever took the field. Anyone who is anywhere remotely familiar with the program knows this. Not a coach bashing post, but they just didn't have much help last year. And this fact was admitted by Sr. High staff and some administrators that I spoke directly with. As a matter of fact I sat with an Athletic Admin at a couple of games. We came to a mutual understanding of the frustration of the fans/parents. When you have a kid who is fresh out of college and was a kicker in HS, coaching the O-Line, it's a problem, and it showed. When I talked to kids after games that I coached in peewee for 4 years and try and explain to them that they need to stay on their blocks longer and drive their guys downfield to give the backs time to hit the hole or make the corner, and they tell me "but coach xxxxx told me that if we block for more than 5 yards we will get a penalty" that is a problem. There are some very good athletes on the 8th grade team. I am anxious to see how they do this year. The program should be on the rise the next 4 years. I have seen a big difference in quite a few of the guys since Coach Monden implemented his S&C program. Good things on the horizon!

that1guy2110

The A-Team

Quote from: Marblehog on February 09, 2017, 12:26:39 pm
Man have you watched the junior high teams the last two years?
I watched several games. I saw a team that wasn't the most talented team but had a couple of talented players. Kids didn't know how to block, wasn't in shape, didn't understand how special teams worked, and the year before I watched a ninth grade team with a lot of talent lose games where they were winning until the last few minutes i.e, their behind against Dequeen late in the fourth quarter. They drive down the field, the Johnson kid throw the go ahead TD to the Thompson kid. Their up with 25 seconds left. Granted, Dequeen has returned a kickoff and a punt return for a TD. So what do they do.....kick it to the same kid and yep....you guessed it. He returns it to win the game. My point is you can't blame it all on the kids. Some kids have to be coached up. And if you were at the Jr. High games you would have seen the Sr. High Head Coach standing in the end zone trying to figure out what the heck is the coaches teaching these kids. That's fact not fiction.

The A-Team

Quote from: The A-Team on February 09, 2017, 10:43:56 pm
I watched several games. I saw a team that wasn't the most talented team but had a couple of talented players. Kids didn't know how to block, wasn't in shape, didn't understand how special teams worked, and the year before I watched a ninth grade team with a lot of talent lose games where they were winning until the last few minutes i.e, their behind against Dequeen late in the fourth quarter. They drive down the field, the Johnson kid throw the go ahead TD to the Thompson kid. Their up with 25 seconds left. Granted, Dequeen has returned a kickoff and a punt return for a TD. So what do they do.....kick it to the same kid and yep....you guessed it. He returns it to win the game. My point is you can't blame it all on the kids. Some kids have to be coached up. And if you were at the Jr. High games you would have seen the Sr. High Head Coach standing in the end zone trying to figure out what the heck is the coaches teaching these kids. That's fact not fiction.
Oh yeah....I like Monden. He knows what needs to be done.

gameoflife

Quote from: The A-Team on February 09, 2017, 10:47:18 pm
Oh yeah....I like Monden. He knows what needs to be done.

Need to get busy fixin stuff and that means the admin has to support.

The A-Team

Quote from: gameoflife on February 10, 2017, 12:20:09 pm
Need to get busy fixin stuff and that means the admin has to support.
I agree.

that1guy2110

So in your opinions what all exactly needs to be fixed specifically?

browning_gold_12

The SR High coach needs to have direct input and direction to the JR High coaches. He has a program. He has methods. He has theories and principles that he coaches and believes in. These should begin to be implemented in the 7th grade. Now I understand that he cannot throw his whole book at 7th graders, but he can lay a foundation. After all these will be his players in 4 years. Build on that foundation a little more with each grade they move up. By the time they hit the 10th graded they are in the 4th year of his program. I am sorry, not meaning this as a bash, but anyone who has been actively involved in coaching youth football in the Camden area, if honest, will admit that we do more with 3rd thru 6th graders than they get once we turn them over to the school. Granted it isn't all the fault of the staff, there is only so much you can do in an hour class period during the day. But as many of us have seen, the Jr High program is a step down from what these kids have become used to for the last 4 years. And it shows by the product on the field. When I looked up several times at away games this year and saw the Sr High coach there watching the 8th and 9th grade teams playing, and even trying to help coach them up at halftime, I saw a man with a vested interest in the future success of his program. As far as staff goes, and this goes for anywhere, you need coaches in the Jr High ranks that want to be there, not disgruntled coaches who are passed over for Sr High positions...

Iknewthemwhen

Sounds like you need to hire your peewee coaches to do the coaching.

browning_gold_12

Like I said, you gotta want to be there. Practice from 5ish to darkish Monday Tuesday and Thursday and games on Saturday, from July til into Nov depending on playoffs and Superbowl, for zero pay. There have been some good ones come thru those programs over the years... Quite a few on this board. I even had the great honor to coach alongside Youngsta71701  ;D

nchan

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on February 13, 2017, 08:41:51 am
The SR High coach needs to have direct input and direction to the JR High coaches. He has a program. He has methods. He has theories and principles that he coaches and believes in. These should begin to be implemented in the 7th grade. Now I understand that he cannot throw his whole book at 7th graders, but he can lay a foundation. After all these will be his players in 4 years. Build on that foundation a little more with each grade they move up. By the time they hit the 10th graded they are in the 4th year of his program. I am sorry, not meaning this as a bash, but anyone who has been actively involved in coaching youth football in the Camden area, if honest, will admit that we do more with 3rd thru 6th graders than they get once we turn them over to the school. Granted it isn't all the fault of the staff, there is only so much you can do in an hour class period during the day. But as many of us have seen, the Jr High program is a step down from what these kids have become used to for the last 4 years. And it shows by the product on the field. When I looked up several times at away games this year and saw the Sr High coach there watching the 8th and 9th grade teams playing, and even trying to help coach them up at halftime, I saw a man with a vested interest in the future success of his program. As far as staff goes, and this goes for anywhere, you need coaches in the Jr High ranks that want to be there, not disgruntled coaches who are passed over for Sr High positions...

I think you nailed it with this post. I am not from your area but see this problem in my hometown. It's almost like a competition between the SR high and JR high coach (that only the JR high coach seems to want). I don't understand the lack on cooperation between JR & SR high. Is it like that every where?

PapaHog

I'm truly jealous you got to coach along side Youngsta. But I don't think all of the Jr high coaches are "disgruntled." And Monden has a direct influence on the Jr high program. Sooooooooo.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas