• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early Top 5 Predictions

Started by godeep, October 04, 2016, 07:43:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

godeep

1 Parkview -- Great talent n outstanding coach
2 Mills--  Experience and one of top players in state
3 FC----2 of last 3 championships
4 Alma-- Back in comfort zone
5 Hot Springs-- Enough leftover talent to compete

Trojanball24

1. PVIEW
2. Maumelle (Returns alot-Good Transfers, Jr High Loaded)
3. Hot Springs (2 Division 1 basketball players- They had 3 D1s last year should win it all)
4. Mills
5. Little Rock Christian

OB11

With Parkview moving down to 5A is every other team in the classification just playing for 2nd?  Or does someone have a legitimate shot at beating them?

Redwolves8526

Trojanball24

Hot Springs has 2 D 1 the TROY will be strong but need to overcome some other issues!

mijally

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 04, 2016, 03:00:03 pm
Parkview will roll in 5A
This years Parkview team may be one of the most talented teams in Arkansas history. But it won't be any easier in 5A to win it all. There's more talented teams in 5a then 6a.

Bigtimebasketballfan

Quote from: Trojanball24 on October 05, 2016, 10:23:50 am
Hot Springs has 2 D 1 the TROY will be strong but need to overcome some other issues!

With 2 D1s what other issues could their be?

woopork

Harrison didn't graduate anyone from a talented team last year.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: OB11 on October 04, 2016, 12:53:55 pm
With Parkview moving down to 5A is every other team in the classification just playing for 2nd?  Or does someone have a legitimate shot at beating them?

Maumelle will be better this year than last year.

Central Ark

Quote from: mijally on October 05, 2016, 05:08:10 pm
This years Parkview team may be one of the most talented teams in Arkansas history. But it won't be any easier in 5A to win it all. There's more talented teams in 5a then 6a.
This year, probably. Last year, 6a had better top tier teams, wasn't as deep as 5a though. (Parkview, El Dorado, Jonesboro, and Pine Bluff).

Redwolves8526

Quote from: mijally on October 05, 2016, 05:08:10 pm

Well 5A has more teams in that division than 6A, so obviously they will have a few more "quality" teams. But you're crazy if you think they have better teams. The top 6 or 7 in 6A would absolutely dominate in 5A. Watch what Jonesboro and Marion do to the 5/6A east this year

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 20, 2016, 03:03:36 pm
Well 5A has more teams in that division than 6A, so obviously they will have a few more "quality" teams. But you're crazy if you think they have better teams. The top 6 or 7 in 6A would absolutely dominate in 5A. Watch what Jonesboro and Marion do to the 5/6A east this year

And you're crazy if you think that, so...

BTW, I don't think the 5/6A East is a good measuring stick for the quality of teams in 5A.  Forrest City is traditionally good, but outside of them the Central is where the best teams will be playing this year.

Central Ark

I think Parkview is by far the best team in the state. However, I know El Dorado and Jonesboro are also very good and could beat Parkview (not saying they will). I dont know much about Marion and West Memphis, but as a whole I think 5a is better and deeper. But 5a does have some very low teams like Dequeen.

AT

Alma lost very little and will have a tough time being a top ten team in 5A. 5A is that good this year.

I've said this about the Airedales before, though, and they've surprised me.

mijally

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 20, 2016, 03:03:36 pm
What??  Name the 6 or 7 teams in 6a who would dominate FC, Maumelle, Mills, Hot Springs, and LRCA.

TNT_15

Quote from: mijally on October 25, 2016, 12:48:28 pm
What??  Name the 6 or 7 teams in 6a who would dominate FC, Maumelle, Mills, Hot Springs, and LRCA.
Can't. He just doesn't know how good 5a is yet. Parkview might win it all but there are kot 6-7 teams that would dominate all of 5a. There are lots of good teams in 5a.

urban legend2

Parkview may be ranked nationally by mid-December. This team is just that good, at least on paper. Size, depth, quickness and Flanigan...seriously this team is stacked and I don't expect anyone in the state, let alone 5A, to touch them.

Coachbanks12

So are you saying Parkview may go undefeated this season? Or just in 5a conference? Since no team in 5a can touch them

Central Ark

Quote from: urban legend2 on October 30, 2016, 12:12:02 am
Parkview may be ranked nationally by mid-December. This team is just that good, at least on paper. Size, depth, quickness and Flanigan...seriously this team is stacked and I don't expect anyone in the state, let alone 5A, to touch them.
Last year they lost to Fayetteville and Hall. They also struggled with Benton and Pine Bluff.

urban legend2

Don't get me wrong and this is no slight to the Hot Springs, Forrest Citys, the Harrisons, the Morriltons and the Maumelles, all who I think will field pretty good teams...and there is no bias coming from me. But PV brings back 8 of their top 9 and gained actually with additional size from their freshmen and sophs while those aforementioned lost key players (Glasper, Williams just to name a few). They've still got to go out and prove it on the court, and with high schoolers, no two nights are the same in most cases. They will be the preseason overall No. 1 and going undefeated will be a stretch because I believe they're playing in some out of state tournaments, particularly the big holiday tournament in Texas. But the season will play out and we may all be wrong in the end.

sportsguy80

Maybe we all can agree that they will definitely be a fun team to watch unless they are playing your team. This group has all the ingredients to be one of those special teams to represent Arkansas on a national level.

Trojanball24

Hot Springs will be really good! Dont forget about Watson Chapel if I remember right they were young. The coach left but former asst at HS is there now.

theflash10

Quote from: woopork on October 06, 2016, 02:32:15 pm

They'll be good, lots of experience and smart players who have played together a long time. They'll definitely be a fun team to watch in the West/North areas.

Bigleague

Parkview too much for the rest. 

Youngsta71701

Parkview should be playing in 7A in basketball. lol

frederick lee

Quote from: sportsguy80 on October 30, 2016, 06:24:49 pm
Maybe we all can agree that they will definitely be a fun team to watch unless they are playing your team. This group has all the ingredients to be one of those special teams to represent Arkansas on a national level.
They should be rank pretty high nationally..

Go Postal

Quote from: woopork on October 06, 2016, 02:32:15 pm
I believe last year's Goblin/Bruin first round 4 overtimes game is still available to watch on GobTV YouTube channel. ;)

sportsguy80

Quote from: Go Postal on November 22, 2016, 03:12:50 pm
I believe last year's Goblin/Bruin first round 4 overtimes game is still available to watch on GobTV YouTube channel. ;)
That game was a classic along with a couple others in the tournament. It had been years since I saw a tournament close to being that competitive.

Missco

Blytheville will be in the mix in the 5A-East. They will be a top 10 team in 5A.

Go Postal

Harrison Goblins did a great job against border rival, Branson, MO Pirates.  61-43.

Corey870

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 20, 2016, 03:16:00 pm
And you're crazy if you think that, so...

BTW, I don't think the 5/6A East is a good measuring stick for the quality of teams in 5A.  Forrest City is traditionally good, but outside of them the Central is where the best teams will be playing this year.
by the way Forrest city beat jonesboro last night

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Corey870 on December 03, 2016, 07:15:31 am
by the way Forrest city beat jonesboro last night
You have misinformation lol. Forest city lost by 4.

cannon

Quote from: ZoneBuster on December 03, 2016, 11:11:08 am
You have misinformation lol. Forest city lost by 4.

Granted, but FC, rightfully, should've won that game. And Hot Springs lost to a 2-A school that has exactly zero players who have so much as been shown interest by a community college. On any given night, Jonesboro isn't THAT good. Neither is Hot Springs. Either way, I sure would like to see Parkview play.

And before anybody calls me out on bias, I was there to see VV play, which I think we can all agree is the worst team in 5-AE.  It's gonna be a fun year.

Ctucker

Wrong hot springs lost to a 1a school!

cannon

Quote from: Ctucker on December 03, 2016, 06:03:29 pm
Wrong hot springs lost to a 1a school!

Ooh.  I thought Bay was 2A.

NEA Razorback olfan

ISU7

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on October 06, 2016, 07:02:22 am
With 2 D1s what other issues could their be?
Losing to 1A Bay is a start. 😷😎

godeep

FC might not be 1-3 but definitely 4 or 5. 

biglion1985

You know if I remember correctly jonesboro beat parkview by about 20 or so in the natural state hoopfest didn't they

itsslim

Yea they did and El Dorado beat parkview as well

ricepig

Quote from: cannon on December 03, 2016, 11:23:41 am
Granted, but FC, rightfully, should've won that game. And Hot Springs lost to a 2-A school that has exactly zero players who have so much as been shown interest by a community college. On any given night, Jonesboro isn't THAT good. Neither is Hot Springs. Either way, I sure would like to see Parkview play.

And before anybody calls me out on bias, I was there to see VV play, which I think we can all agree is the worst team in 5-AE.  It's gonna be a fun year.

Jonesboro is ranked #24 in the Maxpreps rankings, that's nationwide, not statewide, lol. Of course, Jonesboro then beat FC by 22 at FC, you might stick to girls volleyball, I hear you're pretty good at that.

http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/basketball/1/national.htm

Coachbanks12

ricepig

Quote from: Coachbanks12 on December 27, 2016, 05:29:00 pm
Jonesboro is a 6a team right?

Correct, just defining the knowledge of certain posters.

Chief_Osceola™

So is anyone else any good in 6A?  Jonesboro seems to be a lock for the title in that classification.  El Dorado looks pretty good, but I think they may be a one-man team more or less.  Mills beat them earlier this year I believe.

It looks like the 6A/5A-4 will be the toughest conference top to bottom. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas