• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC vs Haynesville

Started by TorMan, September 10, 2016, 10:29:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Headhunter15

I'm gonna have to take haynesville in this one. Pending whether CJ plays or not but they beat THE union parish lol tough enough right there and yeah well JC beat bearden  ::) like usual. At least it's non conference

bleudog

September 14, 2016, 11:46:14 am #51 Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:09:09 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Oldman on September 14, 2016, 07:40:58 am
Two of the best teams from north Louisiana playing. Wish I could be there.

Going with small public schools, that probably would have been the Haynesville - Union game last week.  The Neville - Evangal game last week in Shreveport didn't turn out as close as most folks thought it might.  JC did beat West Monroe in Shreveport but that JC was John Curtis near New Orleans. 

Plus about 80% of those LA (lower Arkansas) Dragons live north of State Line Road.  ;)

bleudog

mastermind10

Quote from: DaCajn on September 12, 2016, 08:59:33 pm
Another H'ville fan in the house. Admin needs to screen these posters better. 

To answer a question from earlier, yes H'ville played Union last week. Hung on at the end to win 26-20.

We got beat up pretty bad, but will still field a team. Everyone in town is excited and looking forward to showing our neighbors a good game.

The big running back #44 is gone, and will be missed Friday night.  With him gone I am hoping we can hang close till the end.  Louisiana doesn't have a mercy rule so I am hoping the Dragons take that into consideration and doesn't totally embarrass the Tors to bad.

Yeah right... Laying that on way too thick.

bleudog

Quote from: DaCajn on September 12, 2016, 08:59:33 pm
Another H'ville fan in the house. Admin needs to screen these posters better. 

To answer a question from earlier, yes H'ville played Union last week. Hung on at the end to win 26-20.

We got beat up pretty bad, but will still field a team. Everyone in town is excited and looking forward to showing our neighbors a good game.

The big running back #44 is gone, and will be missed Friday night.  With him gone I am hoping we can hang close till the end.  Louisiana doesn't have a mercy rule so I am hoping the Dragons take that into consideration and doesn't totally embarrass the Tors to bad.

Quote from: mastermind10 on September 14, 2016, 01:36:15 pm
Yeah right... Laying that on way too thick.

Wherever DaCajn is, it's getting deep.  Might need to stand on a table to keep your boots from filling up with something.  ;D

The way I heard it, some of those Union High players looked like full grown men and Haynesville got the W in that one.

Beardad

JC hasn't looked as good as years past. I'll take Haynesville here.

Bigditchlion

Haynesville will have to keep #2 contained or he will run all night

DaCajn

Blue dog, me laying it on thick, no not me.    :o :o

Tony Burns, the writer of the article linked above needs to correct a couple things in his article.   He says JC hadn't lost a regular season game at home since 2011.  H'ville squeaked out their win in JC last year with the help of the big man 44.   Alas, he is gone.   

Also it says H'ville has 14 state title, the correct amount is 17, but most of those were in little old 1A classifications.   

Now in all seriousness, we are really excited to be welcoming the Dragons into our house.   If y'all might be getting hungry, check out LaFagotas or PaPa Hops, or of course World Famous Chick-A-Dillys.   That is about all you will find in this town as the sun goes down.   Ther may be a couple church groups selling BBQ ribs in the parking lot.   Come early and enjoy the atmosphere of a Friday night in Haynesville. I can assure you, win or lose, you will be greeted and sent off by some of the greatest fans you will ever meet.

If anyone would like to meet me in person,  just lean over the fence when I come by with my camera. I will be the grey bearded hunched over skinny guy pacing the sidelines with my camera.  I usually take around 500-700 pictures of each game.  Of these a few get posted in the local paper. The rest are given to the seniors after their last game, all Games on a flash drive for each player.   I'll go one further for this game. Anyone from JC that brings me a flash drive, I will give them copies of all the pictures.  Put it in a small bag with a name and address, pass it over the fence to me and I will get it back to you.

Proud Buckaroo

I won't be attending this game. I decided that I will be driving to Hot springs for our game since it won't be live streamed. Only audio and that's not what I want. lol. I will probably from time to time pull this game up on my phone to watch the action.

bleudog

Quote from: DaCajn on September 14, 2016, 09:20:52 pm

Tony Burns, the writer of the article linked above needs to correct a couple things in his article.   He says JC hadn't lost a regular season game at home since 2011.  H'ville squeaked out their win in JC last year with the help of the big man 44.   Alas, he is gone.   

Also it says H'ville has 14 state title, the correct amount is 17, but most of those were in little old 1A classifications.   

Now in all seriousness, we are really excited to be welcoming the Dragons into our house.   If y'all might be getting hungry, check out LaFagotas or PaPa Hops, or of course World Famous Chick-A-Dillys.   That is about all you will find in this town as the sun goes down.   Ther may be a couple church groups selling BBQ ribs in the parking lot.   Come early and enjoy the atmosphere of a Friday night in Haynesville. I can assure you, win or lose, you will be greeted and sent off by some of the greatest fans you will ever meet.

If anyone would like to meet me in person,  just lean over the fence when I come by with my camera. I will be the grey bearded hunched over skinny guy pacing the sidelines with my camera.  I usually take around 500-700 pictures of each game.  Of these a few get posted in the local paper. The rest are given to the seniors after their last game, all Games on a flash drive for each player.   I'll go one further for this game. Anyone from JC that brings me a flash drive, I will give them copies of all the pictures.  Put it in a small bag with a name and address, pass it over the fence to me and I will get it back to you.

Tony's a little new to the JC assignment.  Kev Moye had been writing up the Dragon games but he recently left.

I'm with you on the 17.  http://www.winnfieldtigerfootball.com/louisiana_high_school_football_championships.html

Nice of you to offer on the pictures.

Good luck to both teams.

JC Guy

Quote from: DaCajn on September 14, 2016, 09:20:52 pm

I can't say enough about the crowd you guys traveled to JC last year. Having never being at a Haynesville game I didn't know what to exspect and I was pleasantly surprised how well mannered your crowd was. I hope we made you guys feel welcomed. We all got treated to an old school slobber knocker of a ball game as well. I hope we get to see another as good as last years game. I don't have one of my own playing this year but I am making the short trip.

dragondad

This is the game to see,  I'm flying in from Oregon just to see it.

DaCajn

JCGuy, thanks for the comments. Ya'll were great host.  I am looking forward to seeing your place next year with all the improvements finished.   From the looks of things last year it should be impressive.

We are less than 6 hours from kickoff, has dragondad's plane landed yet?

JC Guy

Quote from: DaCajn on September 16, 2016, 01:41:59 pm
JCGuy, thanks for the comments. Ya'll were great host.  I am looking forward to seeing your place next year with all the improvements finished.   From the looks of things last year it should be impressive.

We are less than 6 hours from kickoff, has dragondad's plane landed yet?
Haven't talked to him but I am sure he is wheels down by now.

bleudog

bleudog

Junction - 0
Haynesville - 6

end of the first

bleudog

September 16, 2016, 08:39:31 pm #66 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:42:22 pm by bleudog
Junction - 13
Haynesville - 18

at the half

bleudog

Junction - 20
Haynesville - 24

end of the third

owl84

September 16, 2016, 09:31:37 pm #68 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:57:12 pm by owl84
Score?

bleudog

Junction - 26
Haynesville - 24

3:24 left in the fourth

bigworm

BigLion10

bleudog

Junction - 26
Haynesville - 30

0:03 left in the fourth

WPWells

bleudog

Junction - 26
Haynesville - 30

Final

WPWells

Talk about a last second touchdown

bleudog

September 16, 2016, 10:24:14 pm #76 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:32:40 pm by bleudog
Good game by both teams.  It could have gone either way.

Cali had a huge game including a 75+ yard kickoff return for a TD.

JC gave up a 100 yard pick six to end the half and let the Haynesville CB picked up a big gain to get to the 12 with a minute or less left.

THA TRUTH

Giving up a huge 70 yard run on a third and 9 with 50 seconds left in the game and a pick 6 with 4 seconds in the half hurt.... Can't make mistakes against the top teams

Pick_DA_EAGLES

When was the last time j.c. started 1-2?

thabeast428

Pick_DA_EAGLES

bleudog

September 16, 2016, 10:48:45 pm #81 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:51:03 pm by bleudog
Quote from: thabeast428 on September 16, 2016, 10:41:48 pm
Last year

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 16, 2016, 10:42:36 pm
Oh. Lol, not that long ago.

He's right.

2015-09-05   Smackover           W, 13 - 7                
2015-09-11   Rison                    L, 14 - 15             
2015-09-18   LA-Haynesville      L, 20 - 33

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bleudog on September 16, 2016, 10:48:45 pm
He's right.

2015-09-05   Smackover           W, 13 - 7                
2015-09-11   Rison                    L, 14 - 15             
2015-09-18   LA-Haynesville      L, 20 - 33

Wow back to back years.

bleudog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 16, 2016, 10:52:52 pm
Wow back to back years.

Well, those have been the only two this century.  ;)

bleudog

September 16, 2016, 10:55:12 pm #84 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:56:45 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Fred Bird on September 16, 2016, 10:15:03 pm
Talk about a last second touchdown

One more goal line stand and Haynesville could not have run another play having burned their time outs.

JC misplayed the kickoff and didn't get a chance to try a return.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: bleudog on September 16, 2016, 10:53:56 pm
Well, those have been the only two this century.  ;)

Didn't they start 1-2 in 04??

bleudog

September 16, 2016, 11:12:14 pm #86 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:09:09 am by bleudog
Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 16, 2016, 11:01:03 pm

Didn't they start 1-2 in 04??

You're right.  I stand corrected. 

The FF history has the scores right but some of the Ws and Ls backwards. 

That '04 team did end up in the semi-finals though

McGehee                              L, 21 - 26   
Lake Village                         W, 36 - 13   
Gurdon                                 L, 15 - 18   
Camden Harmony Grove      W, 29 -   0         
Bearden                               W, 20 - 14   
Hampton                              W, 42 -   6   
Smackover                           W, 50 -   6   
Norphlet                               W, 35 -   0   
Eudora                                 W, 56 -   0   
Spring Hill                             W, 20 -   0   
Perryville                              W, 37 - 20   
Rison                                    L,    0 - 10

dragondad

Run instead of pass on that last drive and there wouldn't have been 3 seconds left to score....but hey,  coaching from the stands is easy.

Both teams played a long and hard fought game,  time to start the games that count and I don't see any ahead that will be more dificult than these last two.  Win or lose,  we Still love our JC Dragons!

thabeast428

Especially when ur qb is over throwing the receivers.

thabeast428

And since when has a pass interference not been a automatic 1st down? It was a very good game but some silly penalties didn't help us any.

WPWells

It's never been in high school, just a 15-yard penalty

DaCajn

Wow, everything we thought it would be.  I hope ya'll were treated well and already looking forward to next year.   

Y'all have an awesome team and that running back is a joy to watch.  I hope this is his last year. Lol

The H'ville folks are concerned for the fan that was having chest pains after the game. Paramedics were taking care of her when I left.

thabeast428

dragondad

September 16, 2016, 11:51:53 pm #93 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:08:48 am by dragondad
Quote from: thabeast428 on September 16, 2016, 11:46:35 pm
And since when has a pass interference not been a automatic 1st down? It was a very good game but some silly penalties didn't help us any.

It's not in high school....true story, wish it was.

In AR breaking the huddle with 12 isn't a penalty....apparently in LA it is.

Funny how those official timeout for water breaks came at opportune times for Haynesville thoug .  LOL!!

thabeast428

Yea no doubt but still was a good game both teams never gave up

TorMan

Water breaks are at halfway point of every quarter until October when it cools off.
If you missed this game, you missed out!
Never a dull moment and neither team deserved a loss!

dragondad

dragondad#1

The pick 6 at the end of 1st half killed our momentum... Also the live stream is awesome.. I couldn't make it home but didnt miss a snap...thanks DSN...also my son said the haynesville faithful were really nice... Great game both teams...GO Dragons...now it counts

bleudog

Tornado42

What a game! Great effort by both teams. This game had a playoff atmosphere and will benefit both teams down the road. We were glad to host the Dragon fans and I hope all had a safe trip home. Good luck to JC throughout. We'll be pulling for yall.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas