• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where are all the fall leagues?

Started by KREWSAWHEWSKI, September 02, 2016, 01:24:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KREWSAWHEWSKI

I've heard Nashville league is down under 10 teams this fall.  I know they have had more participation in the past.  I think Hope has a fall league, maybe Ashdown also.  These are the ones in SW Arkansas where I call home that I know of.

Here are the teams as I was told be a reliable source:
Nashville (sometimes has 2 teams due to large numbers)
DeQueen
Springhill
Foreman
Dierks
Murfreesboro

KREWSAWHEWSKI

I've been told that Ashdown's fall league didn't make due to lack of teams.  I wonder about Hope's league?  Anyone know?  I certainly hope that softball isn't losing traction to other sports in SW Arkansas.  There are some really strong teams down there and I think it's largely due to competition level throughout the season.

Foreman set the bar pretty high and now Springhill, Nashville & DQ are consistently among the tops in their classification.  Other schools are also putting in the effort to win consistently. 

BLUEBLOOD

Nashville league had less teams than normal.  I think the "combined districts" had something to do with that.  Either way, it was very competitive.  Some strong teams from 1A-5A.  I would venture to say each team there will make their respective state tournaments this spring.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas