• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAA Transfer Rules

Started by STBruin, August 24, 2016, 10:18:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

STBruin

Does anyone know what the rules are with the AAA and transfering? I know if you go public to private, you have to sit out a year...but if you go public to public that is ok? I have always heard about how the private schools "recruit" but see public school kids transfer at will...sometimes to 3 different schools in 3 different years....

Redwolves8526

You have to move inside the district in order to not have to sit for 365 days. From public to public

STBruin

How are all these kids getting around it? For instance...I know of a kid who played basketball at 3 Saline County Schools in 3 years...or Keith Jackson's son, transfers from Parkview to Robinson...read on the message boards of kids at WC transfering to PB and playing...or another kid who left a Saline County school...to play in LR...then to transfer BACK to another Saline County school the following year... I just think if you are going to have a rule...then it should apply to all schools regardless of public or private...

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: STBruin on August 24, 2016, 10:30:56 am
How are all these kids getting around it? For instance...I know of a kid who played basketball at 3 Saline County Schools in 3 years...or Keith Jackson's son, transfers from Parkview to Robinson...read on the message boards of kids at WC transfering to PB and playing...or another kid who left a Saline County school...to play in LR...then to transfer BACK to another Saline County school the following year... I just think if you are going to have a rule...then it should apply to all schools regardless of public or private...

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm thinking that may be a case of "school choice" vs transferring.  Just speculation, but I think there are different rules for the two.

STBruin

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on August 24, 2016, 11:21:05 am
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm thinking that may be a case of "school choice" vs transferring.  Just speculation, but I think there are different rules for the two.

possibly...but my thoughts on that are...once you do school of choice...you should be locked into that school....and there should be some sort of distance boundary too....should not be able to transfer between LR schools within the city...cause kids now...can transfer where ever a team is doing good...which hurts the rest of the schools...dont have to develop talent...

smallybells

Quote from: STBruin on August 24, 2016, 10:18:30 am
Does anyone know what the rules are with the AAA and transfering? I know if you go public to private, you have to sit out a year...but if you go public to public that is ok? I have always heard about how the private schools "recruit" but see public school kids transfer at will...sometimes to 3 different schools in 3 different years....

Here is a condensed version of the transfer rules:

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Eligibility_Guidebook_for_Administrators_and_Parents.pdf

AirWarren

Quote from: STBruin on August 24, 2016, 10:30:56 am

The Keith Jackson son move was interesting. Pcssd(Robinson) doesn't participate in school choice. LRSD(Parkview) does participate in school choice.

I was also fascinated by the QB From PA that went to Bryant. That's an odd move to me.

Mr. Mercer

Jackson lives less than a mile from Robinson. It's his home school. The players Robinson has gotten are mainly private school kids going back to their home school. If there weren't Private schools Robinson would probably be one if not the biggest schools in the state. The new schools and facilities are already helping them keep kids and get some back.

GuvHog

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on August 26, 2016, 12:40:10 pm
Jackson lives less than a mile from Robinson. It's his home school. The players Robinson has gotten are mainly private school kids going back to their home school. If there weren't Private schools Robinson would probably be one if not the biggest schools in the state. The new schools and facilities are already helping them keep kids and get some back.

Since Keith Jackson's son lived in the Robinson area the transfer was legit and he was immediately eligible at Robinson. If however, his home had been located in the Parkview area, he would have been ineligible at Robinson if I understand the rules correctly.

We have a similar situation this year here in Jefferson County where some are calling the eligibility of a player on Pine Bluff's team into question. The player went to Dollarway last year and while Pine Bluff does participate in School Choice, Dollarway does not.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on August 26, 2016, 12:40:10 pm

Same with Maumelle. Maumelle would be a 6a maybe small 7a if CAC, PA, academics plus, and other privates were around.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on August 26, 2016, 01:38:13 pm
Same with Maumelle. Maumelle would be a 6a maybe small 7a if CAC, PA, academics plus, and other privates were around.

Yep, we would get kids from PA, CAC, A+, Baptist, Catholic, and LRC.  Robinson would be even bigger because they would get the lion's share from PA and LRC.

Maynard G Krebs

It's a confusing situation with all the attendance rules.  I live close to Robinson, but Hall High is our assigned school.  The kids in my neighborhood that  attend public school somehow end up at Central, which is the farthest high school away.  Go figure.

AirWarren

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 05, 2016, 09:21:25 pm
It's a confusing situation with all the attendance rules.  I live close to Robinson, but Hall High is our assigned school.  The kids in my neighborhood that  attend public school somehow end up at Central, which is the farthest high school away.  Go figure.

Makes zero sense.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on September 05, 2016, 09:32:09 pm
Makes zero sense.

When Mr. Walker is finished cashing his checks from the LRSD, maybe he will explain it to us someday.  But I'm not sure I'll live long enough to see it happen.

ricepig

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 05, 2016, 09:53:59 pm
When Mr. Walker is finished cashing his checks from the LRSD, maybe he will explain it to us someday.  But I'm not sure I'll live long enough to see it happen.

At $450/hr, I imagine he'll keep that gravy train going as long as possible. I'd try to talk some sense into the judge, but I know him well, that's impossible.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas