• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oklahoma Teachers & Coaches Headed to Arkansas

Started by Brian G, July 28, 2016, 02:29:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

http://5newsonline.com/2016/07/27/oklahoma-coaches-flock-to-arkansas-due-to-states-budget-issues/

I knew this but hadn't really seen it written out like this.  It's definitely a factor on the western side of AR.

beach bum

July 28, 2016, 03:50:04 pm #1 Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:02:32 pm by beach bum
What a governor and state legislature they have right? Education doesn't seem to be much of a priority for them? I have heard teachers and coaches have been flying out of there like crazy on top of massive education budget cuts. When coaches leave they are not replacing them. I am not trying to make this a political thread, but there is your answer above if people are looking for it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on July 28, 2016, 03:50:04 pm
What a governor and state legislature they have right? Education doesn't seem to be much of a priority for them? I have heard teachers and coaches have been flying out of there like crazy on top of massive education budget cuts. When coaches leave they are not replacing them. I am not trying to make this a political thread, but there is your answer above if people are looking for it.

a 1.3 billion dollar deficit in the budget....the few articles I've found in the issue, blame the low prices of oil and natural gas.....but then again it seems that the issue of no raises since 2008 goes deeper than this years deficit...

Hawgeye

Quote from: B.G. on July 28, 2016, 02:29:56 pm
http://5newsonline.com/2016/07/27/oklahoma-coaches-flock-to-arkansas-due-to-states-budget-issues/

I knew this but hadn't really seen it written out like this.  It's definitely a factor on the western side of AR.

BG, I didn't read the article, but did they mention anything about Oklahoma coaches who have qualified for retirement in OK?

Was listening to sports radio in OK the other day and they said the big draw for coaches from OK going to Arkansas...Is once they are eligible to draw some retirement, they can do that from OK and then go coach in AR and it not effect their pensions from OK. Make sense?

Lanny

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 28, 2016, 04:42:21 pm
a 1.3 billion dollar deficit in the budget....the few articles I've found in the issue, blame the low prices of oil and natural gas.....but then again it seems that the issue of no raises since 2008 goes deeper than this years deficit...
No doubt the depression in the oil and gas sector are directly responsible for the bulk of the Oklahoma budget crisis.  The guys on the Tulsa Sports Animal radio station were just having a conversation on this topic. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas