• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HAMPTON FOOTBALL

Started by baseball13, July 22, 2016, 12:54:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What place will Hampton come in?

1st
7 (24.1%)
2nd
5 (17.2%)
3rd
9 (31%)
4th
3 (10.3%)
5th
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: September 02, 2016, 06:19:18 pm

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 05, 2016, 07:16:08 pm
Hold that thought. Presser tomorrow

I work with a dude from Hampton.. He confirmed that both Monta and Child's family moved to Hampton. They were both at practice today in Hampton.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2016, 07:23:11 pm
I work with a dude from Hampton.. He confirmed that both Monta and Child's family moved to Hampton. They were both at practice today in Hampton.

And he could be marched right back if improprieties were found

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 05, 2016, 07:25:13 pm

Or make him ineligible to play this year anywhere.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 05, 2016, 07:26:19 pm
Or make him ineligible to play this year anywhere.

I just hope they don't find he was recruited to Hampton that does not help to double a ball at all

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 05, 2016, 07:25:13 pm

I really wish you would read the rule book...............

"Transfers From Public School to Public School (Charter Schools are Considered Public Schools)
A student shall meet the domicile requirement if the student receives a legal transfer (school board to
school board) from one public school to another. Board to board transfers must take place by July 1
before a student enters grades 7‐10.
Students transferring after July 1 prior to entering the 10th grade year shall not be eligible for one
calendar year (365 days) unless there is a bona fide move from one public school district into the public
school district that the student will be attending
."

Read the bold part. Please.

Here is the source: http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Eligibility_Guidebook_for_Administrators_and_Parents.pdf

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Bart, why are you carrying on a conversation with yourself?  ???

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 05, 2016, 07:30:27 pm
Bart, why are you carrying on a conversation with yourself?  ???

No doubt pick!

purpleswag

I'm not sure why it's such a big deal that they moved. It's not like other schools don't benefit from transfers or move ins....cough cough private schools ugh.

Sorry, had something in my throat

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: purpleswag on August 05, 2016, 07:38:24 pm
I'm not sure why it's such a big deal that they moved. It's not like other schools don't benefit from transfers or move ins....cough cough private schools ugh.

Sorry, had something in my throat

That's another subject.. I just think Bert is afraid of losing to Hampton now.

arkansasprepfootball

There are questions about the "move".  Odd that two - possibly three - players from one school up and move to another community on the same day.  I don't think this is as clear cut as a bona fide move, guys.

heavyhittaz_7

Monta was not recuited by nobody he made that decision on his own! As a matter of fact it was between hpt bearden and crossett to choose from.How I know he's my lil bro and I'm backing him 100% on his decision. But as a man I told him whatever he decided be a man and stand behind it. I'm tired of all the none sense people are mad because he did what he felt was best for him. It's grown people that's bashing a 17 year ole kid for doing what he felt in his heart. This was not an just up and move thing and it wasn't an easy thing. And if u don't believe me I would gladly give anybody his number and let people ask him for they self. It's a shame how people put glory of a football team over a kid future.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 05, 2016, 07:48:17 pm
There are questions about the "move".  Odd that two - possibly three - players from one school up and move to another community on the same day.  I don't think this is as clear cut as a bona fide move, guys.

It's only two players. Child's and Monta. I work with a dude from Hampton. His kids go to Hampton. He confirmed they moved to the district.. Why is this honestly such a big of a deal?

These kids want what's best for them. Monta is a senior and is getting a lot of recruitment around the states. If this were your kid...and the team he played for was on the verge of not having a football team. What would you do for the best of your child?? They moved 26 minutes away. Geez. You guys are acting like he moved across the state to play for some private school or something. Now that wouldn't be fishy at all.  ::)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on August 05, 2016, 07:49:39 pm
Monta was not recuited by nobody he made that decision on his own! As a matter of fact it was between hpt bearden and crossett to choose from.How I know he's my lil bro and I'm backing him 100% on his decision. But as a man I told him whatever he decided be a man and stand behind it. I'm tired of all the none sense people are mad because he did what he felt was best for him. It's grown people that's bashing a 17 year ole kid for doing what he felt in his heart. This was not an just up and move thing and it wasn't an easy thing. And if u don't believe me I would gladly give anybody his number and let people ask him for they self. It's a shame how people put glory of a football team over a kid future.

Heavy, why has he waited so long to move? Should have moved years ago. Good luck to him.

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 05, 2016, 07:57:41 pm
Heavy, why has he waited so long to move? Should have moved years ago. Good luck to him.
because we knew it would come to this crap and he always worried about what people would say and think of him. But this just shows me he has grew up and not worry about what people say or think. He will have even bigger decision in life then this.

BigLion10

Heavy should've came up to lion country last year man would've loved to have him

Cheek

What about the big lineman from Hermitage.  Will there've anymore moving.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 05, 2016, 07:42:35 pm
That's another subject.. I just think Bert is afraid of losing to Hampton now.

You can merge the whole Hermitage team with Hampton and I still like Bearden chances against that team.

BigLion10

I don't know Bart Hampton will probably give y'all a run of not win

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 05, 2016, 07:48:17 pm
well what questions are it that u wanna know know sir ? Or whoever wanna know I will surely do my best to answer em?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on August 05, 2016, 08:33:25 pm
well what questions are it that u wanna know know sir ? Or whoever wanna know I will surely do my best to answer em?

Why did Monta not move to Warren. I'm not from there but it the closest school, 4a competition, great talent around him, and you know plenty of recruiters would be at the game with Burks and others.

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: fann07 on August 05, 2016, 08:37:35 pm
Why did Monta not move to Warren. I'm not from there but it the closest school, 4a competition, great talent around him, and you know plenty of recruiters would be at the game with Burks and others.
he didn't wanna go there! Why? I have no idea

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 05, 2016, 08:31:05 pm
You can merge the whole Hermitage team with Hampton and I still like Bearden chances against that team.

I really want to know what Kool-aide you are drinking... From what I saw last year... Rather they were "sophmores" or not... I just don't see it happening.

AirWarren

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 05, 2016, 08:31:05 pm

Bearden is irrelevant.

Backwoods Bart

JC Guy

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 05, 2016, 10:31:40 pm
Fixed
Look the boy got skills. Can't pick a football game but hey you aren't a total loss.

Proud Buckaroo

JC Guy

BigBrother

So you are saying that Thomas family received a job offer in early August and that doesn't smell like recruiting. Never heard that Hampton was the land of golden opportunity before. Sounds like bulldogs are using the Hillary Clinton method of achieving top status, lie cheat steal and it'll be okay. AAA should clip thus right now

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: unbiased_fan on August 06, 2016, 07:05:06 am
Bearden has a group of Juniors that are just as, if not more talented than Hamptons sophomore.  Hamptons Jr high team was really good last year but they also got coached like a sr high team.

Can you elaborate on "they also got coached like a sr high team"?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 06, 2016, 08:53:36 am
Can you elaborate on "they also got coached like a sr high team"?

probably cause they didn't have a senior high team

Delta_Bravo

Bearden's Jr. class is nowhere close to the Hampton sophomore class. Last year hampton scored 371 and only allowed 8. This great Jr. Class they speak of beat hampton by one the year before and finished 3rd in the conference. Our boys are faster and stronger than them.

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: BigBrother on August 06, 2016, 08:49:50 am
So you are saying that Thomas family received a job offer in early August and that doesn't smell like recruiting. Never heard that Hampton was the land of golden opportunity before. Sounds like bulldogs are using the Hillary Clinton method of achieving top status, lie cheat steal and it'll be okay. AAA should clip thus right now
who said anything about someone receiving a job offer? It's idiots like you that just wanna stir crap up.

Air Force One

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on July 22, 2016, 03:09:48 pm
All of the pre season polls talk about the "Bell of the Ball" Rison, followed by CHG, but everyone on here knows that when the rubber hit's the asphalt, thinks can change quickly! Hampton will knock someone out of post season play this year.
They are not playing Hermitage 7th graders this year! Maybe a 4th seed if somebody slip up....

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on August 06, 2016, 09:40:30 am
who said anything about someone receiving a job offer? It's idiots like you that just wanna stir crap up.

So his mother is going to continue working for the Hermitage School District?

minerjack

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 06, 2016, 11:20:30 am
I don't think it matters if she does or doesn't. If they made a bona fide move, she can work for any school district the mom wants.

Delta_Bravo

BTW haters with Childs and monta moving in that gives the Bulldogs 9 players power cleaning over 250. Who else has that in 2A ball.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 06, 2016, 11:49:25 am
BTW haters with Childs and monta moving in that gives the Bulldogs 9 players power cleaning over 250. Who else has that in 2A ball.

Really? Des arc has that many linemen doing that. Not counting some skill position players.

Geez dude, wait till Hampton wins some games and makes it atleast to the 3rd round before bragging so much.

I remember when we let your "golden boy" go so yall could have him as a head coach, all the Hampton fans were on here talking about how good yall were gonna be. How many games has he won for yall? Lol, you don't have to embarrass yourself by answering that.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 06, 2016, 11:20:30 am

Is there any rules that pertains to this question at all? We live In El Dorado and she plans to work in Magnolia school district. While we still reside in El Dorado. So.. What makes this any different?

Jack1990

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2016, 12:46:48 pm
Is there any rules that pertains to this question at all? We live In El Dorado and she plans to work in Magnolia school district. While we still reside in El Dorado. So.. What makes this any different?
No PB...there is no restriction in reference to where she works. The only provision is that if she lived in Hermitage and worked in Crossett (for example) he could attend Crossett.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Jack1990 on August 06, 2016, 01:08:39 pm
No PB...there is no restriction in reference to where she works. The only provision is that if she lived in Hermitage and worked in Crossett (for example) he could attend Crossett.

knew a guy who lived in hector and attended dardanelle this way...

arkansasprepfootball

Curious as to the circumstances.  Have been told by multiple Hermitage people that she was hired at Hampton.  heavyhittaz offered to answer any questions.

People have a right to do what they feel is in the best interest of their children.  Situation is unfortunate for the young men at Hermitage who do want to play and have put in work to do so before this exodus of Thomas, Davis and Childs.  Situation is unfortunate for the ten teams on their schedule who will now - most likely - have an open date on their schedule.  I hope for all parties involved that situation was handled on the up-and-up.  I know resources have been dedicated to investigating some communication and such that has been alleged.

If all was handled professionally - more power to Wes and Hampton.  Should have a nice year, come out of conference as three seed behind HG and Rison, non-conference is very managable outside of Fordyce.

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 06, 2016, 11:49:25 am

Two other teams in the conference alone.  Several teams in the 6-2A, Earle has had a good number in the past, bound to be others in 2A alone.  Strength is important, but far from the only indicator of success.  Coaching, maturity, scheme, culture, etc. all important, as well.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Jack1990 on August 06, 2016, 01:08:39 pm

Not at all an issue - two of the Hermitage student-athletes who transferred to Warren a few years back had parents working for the Hermitage School District.  My question was just to answer conflicting information - have been told the parent had been offered a job at Hampton making any questions null and void to start with.  Curious as to if that was true.

Proud Buckaroo

I want to apologize. I may have seemed to come off as rude. I didn't mean to make it seem that way. I was just curious as to if it were an issue or not.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2016, 01:29:51 pm
I want to apologize. I may have seemed to come off as rude. I didn't mean to make it seem that way. I was just curious as to if it were an issue or not.

All good - I don't want to bash the kid by any means, just curious as to the circumstances around the deal. 

I think we all have to admit it is curious when two - I keep hearing three - young men from the same community up and move to another community on or around the same day out of the blue.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 06, 2016, 01:15:47 pm
Not at all an issue - two of the Hermitage student-athletes who transferred to Warren a few years back had parents working for the Hermitage School District.  My question was just to answer conflicting information - have been told the parent had been offered a job at Hampton making any questions null and void to start with.  Curious as to if that was true.

What I'm about to say has nothing to do with the young men........BUT The Hampton coaches knew their actions would be a cause & effect and probably put the nail in the coffin for the Hermitage program. Shame on them! They have done nothing but damaged the 2A 8 and should be fired.

Wonderdog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 05, 2016, 03:22:13 pm
I have ZERO to apologize for. And I assure you, des arc has seen good backs before. Monta wouldn't like it the first time he ran into Ontario Conway. Just ask Mr. Greene from Brinkley.
That Conway boy can bring the wood. Impressive on defense for sure.

minerjack

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on August 06, 2016, 01:36:28 pm
All good - I don't want to bash the kid by any means, just curious as to the circumstances around the deal. 

I think we all have to admit it is curious when two - I keep hearing three - young men from the same community up and move to another community on or around the same day out of the blue.
What does it mean to you either way?  From the sounds of it, this thing was sincere and straight laced to the T.  I've seen from previous posts on other threads that you like to question a lot of things that, at face value, seem a little questionable, but are honest moves. So, why all the digging, detective?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 06, 2016, 01:44:52 pm
What I'm about to say has nothing to do with the young men........BUT The Hampton coaches knew their actions would be a cause & effect and probably put the nail in the coffin for the Hermitage program. Shame on them! They have done nothing but damaged the 2A 8 and should be fired.

You keep acting like Wes recruited these kids. Monta made his own decision and the child's decided to follow. How hard is that to establish in your noodle head?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2016, 02:07:03 pm
You keep acting like Wes recruited these kids. Monta made his own decision and the child's decided to follow. How hard is that to establish in your noodle head?
This was a coaches decision! One that would take his team from not fielding a team, to not only fielding one, but knowing his actions, would would likely scuttle one IN HIS OWN CONFERENCE. With all of the area coaches knowing the ills of Hermitage, they should have defferred to accept the kids!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 06, 2016, 02:14:06 pm
This was a coaches decision! One that would take his team from not fielding a team, to not only fielding one, but knowing his actions, would would likely scuttle one IN HIS OWN CONFERENCE. With all of the area coaches knowing the ills of Hermitage, they should have defferred to accept the kids!

Tell me would you be this upset if Thomas would have come to Bearden

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas