• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Public vs Private Schools Pile (Past/Present/Future/All Classes)

Started by MDXPHD, December 17, 2015, 03:12:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Quote from: STBruin on January 11, 2017, 06:17:57 pm
If CAC is ALOT CHEAPER to attend...wouldn't it stand that there wouldn't be as many kids on financial aid? Run any numbers at LRCA?

Yes. That makes sense. But the disproportionate amount of football players doesn't.

Not yet. I will post them when I get them though.

HowBoutThemJackets

STBruin

FD4

He is, Hmmmmmm, I wonder where Daddy Works? St. Francis county maybe, ya think?

FD4

Hey there Dad, I was reading some of the posts between you and MDX on page 16, came to the conclusion that there has to be something said about education in spite of all the nonsense towards football.  Like you pointed out, give a guy a chance to excel in the class room in a different environment than what he or she was used to while growing up before.  I truly have not one problem with that at all.  The only reason I commented on the center is I have a friend that works with his dad at Forrest City.  If I had a son or grandson that was a 4 star guy and someone suggested I consider PA, gone in 60 seconds.  Yall had a punter there a few years back, last name Reep, I know his dad very well, worked with him in the fire service on special projects several times.  Great guy, great kid who is now much a man I assume.  For me, I like that powerhouse team no body beats, it makes a victory just that much sweeter if and when you do.  See ya later men.

HowBoutThemJackets

gameoflife

There is not a good solution to private/public that will make everyone happy, not even most happy.

GuvHog

Quote from: gameoflife on February 10, 2017, 12:23:16 pm
There is not a good solution to private/public that will make everyone happy, not even most happy.

I agree. To be honest, PA's football program is heavily dependent on being a member of the AAA and playing against Public Schools. If they were kicked out of the AAA and were not allowed to play against public schools in Arkansas, their program would die

STBruin

Any program would die if they were kicked out of the AAA. I would like to see numbers run on how many school choice athletes there are in relation to other non athletic school choice kids. On the 6A basketball folder it talks about Maumelle and 4 of their 5 starters this year are new to Maumelle.  It's not just a private school issue...

Red Devil Alum

So PA's basketball team has won one game in conference this year, and public schools dominate the top 10. Still waiting for the massive private school advantage to kick in for that sport.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on February 14, 2017, 09:04:52 am
So PA's basketball team has won one game in conference this year, and public schools dominate the top 10. Still waiting for the massive private school advantage to kick in for that sport.

They just need to recruit a little better and get another Korita-type player.  Then they'll be back in the mix.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: STBruin on January 20, 2017, 01:52:10 pm
He is from PA...been there for years
That's a lie....I work with this kids Dad!
I know how long he's been there...

#1jacketfan

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on February 14, 2017, 09:04:52 am
Looks like they should be giving out some scholarships in basketball as well then!

HowBoutThemJackets

CoachTaylorPA

Quote from: #1jacketfan on February 14, 2017, 11:05:36 am

The player being discussed has lived in Little Rock and attended PA since elementary school. Also #1JacketFan I was wondering how the former Wynne QB Trail is doing at Cincinnati.  He was an exceptional talent.  A friend of mine coached him when he was at Olive Branch and spoke very highly of his character.

Red Devil Alum

STBruin

Quote from: #1jacketfan on February 14, 2017, 11:05:36 am

That is not a lie...don't care if you work with his dad, that has nothing to do with where his son goes to school and lives. Plus, if you worked with his dad...ASK HIM...and don't call people liars when you do not know the truth...

RedJacket

Taking recruiting off the table for now, the major difference is that if a kid can come up with tuition, however that comes about, he can move into a private school and be able to participate. If a kid in a public school decides he would rather play in the neighboring town the AAA will not allow it unless his family seeks the house or has the electricity turned off so it is uninhabitable. Even then there will be an investigation on whether either option truly happened. Once it is proven that it happened there will still be hurdles to cross to be able to play. That said, it is not a level playing field.
I apologize if this was mentioned earlier, I took a couple of months away from the board and didn't want to read 17 pages, and showing all my cards, I'm from Wynne and my opinions may or may not be tainted  lol

STBruin

Kids jump schools all the time and don't sit out...kid goes to Maumelle, leaves Maumelle for NLR, no playing time so back to Maumelle. OR...Benton to LR Central to Bryant...at private school you have to sit out...so where is the unfair advantage?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 14, 2017, 09:36:50 am
They just need to recruit a little better and get another Korita-type player.  Then they'll be back in the mix.
Korita came to the school in 1st grade I believe, so after we recruit his replacement we will have to wait 10 years.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on February 14, 2017, 08:15:29 pm
Korita came to the school in 1st grade I believe, so after we recruit his replacement we will have to wait 10 years.

Haha I hear ya. Of course the recruit part was tongue in cheek but seriously - PA just needs a guy with his skill set and length that they can run the offense through. He was a heck of a ballplayer and I think it's clear this season how important he was. That's really all PA is missing; granted that's a pretty big piece. We'll have to adjust next season as well after Tremont is gone.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: RedJacket on February 14, 2017, 06:45:03 pm
Taking recruiting off the table for now, the major difference is that if a kid can come up with tuition, however that comes about, he can move into a private school and be able to participate. If a kid in a public school decides he would rather play in the neighboring town the AAA will not allow it unless his family seeks the house or has the electricity turned off so it is uninhabitable. Even then there will be an investigation on whether either option truly happened. Once it is proven that it happened there will still be hurdles to cross to be able to play. That said, it is not a level playing field.
I apologize if this was mentioned earlier, I took a couple of months away from the board and didn't want to read 17 pages, and showing all my cards, I'm from Wynne and my opinions may or may not be tainted  lol

I thought the AAA now had a rule that said private school kids had to live within 25 miles of the school?  Am I mistaken.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: STBruin on February 14, 2017, 03:30:41 pm
That is not a lie...don't care if you work with his dad, that has nothing to do with where his son goes to school and lives. Plus, if you worked with his dad...ASK HIM...and don't call people liars when you do not know the truth...
Liar..Liar....so what you got to say now?

HowBoutThemJackets

I think that public schools and private schools should be able to play each other all through the regular season but then come playoff time the private schools need to have their own playoff and play for their own state championship.         

STBruin

Quote from: #1jacketfan on February 15, 2017, 09:13:59 am
Liar..Liar....so what you got to say now?

These please enlighten me on what he told you...cause I know exactly where the kid lives...

STBruin

Quote from: HowBoutThemJackets on February 15, 2017, 11:34:36 am
I think that public schools and private schools should be able to play each other all through the regular season but then come playoff time the private schools need to have their own playoff and play for their own state championship.         

Cant imagine why you would want that....

HowBoutThemJackets

Quote from: STBruin on February 15, 2017, 01:16:34 pm
Cant imagine why you would want that....
because of the unfair advantage that private schools have over public schools

#1jacketfan

Quote from: STBruin on February 15, 2017, 01:15:09 pm
These please enlighten me on what he told you...cause I know exactly where the kid lives...
Just to be perfectly honest....I really could care less where he lives or how long he's been there or where he was born or anything else....sooooo carry on!

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: #1jacketfan on February 16, 2017, 08:56:41 am
Just to be perfectly honest....I really could care less where he lives or how long he's been there or where he was born or anything else....sooooo carry on!
So you made an allegation you had no proof on, called people who disagree a liar, and then admit you don't know anything. You finished runner up in this argument, which is a familiar position for a Wynne fan.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on February 16, 2017, 09:32:33 am
So you made an allegation you had no proof on, called people who disagree a liar, and then admit you don't know anything. You finished runner up in this argument, which is a familiar position for a Wynne fan.

Burn

Chief_Osceola™

STBruin

#1jacketfan

First of all I didn't make the allegation, second of all I know how long the kid has been, but I'm not going to argue with someone that don't know facts like you...besides you talk big on here but you would never man up to your comments in person...but that's cool cause that's how Bruin fans roll!

Maynard G Krebs

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: #1jacketfan on February 17, 2017, 09:42:55 am
First of all I didn't make the allegation, second of all I know how long the kid has been, but I'm not going to argue with someone that don't know facts like you...besides you talk big on here but you would never man up to your comments in person...but that's cool cause that's how Bruin fans roll!
You would probably fumble away any chance you had to win a fight.

OverPrivileged

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on February 14, 2017, 08:47:19 pm
I thought the AAA now had a rule that said private school kids had to live within 25 miles of the school?  Am I mistaken.

There is a rule that says that...but its not enforced.

STBruin

I have been to said kids house...and can tell you he lives within 3-4 miles from the school.

OverPrivileged

Quote from: STBruin on February 17, 2017, 10:22:49 am
I have been to said kids house...and can tell you he lives within 3-4 miles from the school.

I am sure he does.  I wasn't referring to him.  Just in general the AAA doesn't enforce rules and coaches are often times afraid to report eachother due to backlash.  THey don't enforce enfractions on public schools that bend rules either.  I know for a fact there are plenty of public schools who have kids playing that may not be 100% eligible according to AAA rules.

STBruin

Completely understand!!!! Was referring to #2jacketfan...same issue with school of choice...I have seen in Central Arkansas, where kids have gone to 3 different schools consecutive years and are eligible!

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on February 17, 2017, 10:14:22 am
You would probably fumble away any chance you had to win a fight.
I wish you wanted to find out.....but you my friend are nothing more than a coward that hides behind a fictitious name....so go blow your smoke somewhere else.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: #1jacketfan on February 17, 2017, 12:41:02 pm
I wish you wanted to find out.....but you my friend are nothing more than a coward that hides behind a fictitious name....so go blow your smoke somewhere else.
Ok. I didn't realize #1jacketfan was on your birth certificate. Is that your first or middle name? Or is the hashtag your first name, and jacketfan your middle name and you go by both like Billy Bob.

Listen, you said some stupid and unsupportable things on a message board. Many have done it. Just take your loss and move on.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on February 17, 2017, 01:50:17 pm
Ok. I didn't realize #1jacketfan was on your birth certificate. Is that your first or middle name? Or is the hashtag your first name, and jacketfan your middle name and you go by both like Billy Bob.

Listen, you said some stupid and unsupportable things on a message board. Many have done it. Just take your loss and move on.
I can support anything I say.....Maybe someday I'll have the privilege of meeting you, so that maybe you could get a better understanding on some real facts!

Yellowcake

Thought I would circle back around and see if things had changed around here. Appears not much has...still a bunch of moronic anti-PA rhetoric. My guess is the kids who actually play the game would be embarrassed by all the whiney message board adults from their hometowns.

Red Devil.....regarding the  "is #1jacketfan on your birth certificate" commentary...oh my, that was good stuff.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: #1jacketfan on February 17, 2017, 02:26:36 pm
I can support anything I say.....Maybe someday I'll have the privilege of meeting you, so that maybe you could get a better understanding on some real facts!
Maybe we can watch the 5A state championship game together Mr. Fan.

AT

It's relatively warm in Alma today and when I drove past the Sonic, it was pretty slow.

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 17, 2017, 03:42:31 pm
It's relatively warm in Alma today and when I drove past the Sonic, it was pretty slow.

You mean the parking lot is available?

Yellowcake

I'll put a pop knot on #1jacketfan's head so big a calf could suck it.
It's why God made Sonic parking lots.

I shouldn't have to say it, but I will....I say such things in jest. I don't want #1 to get distracted from watching PA game film thinking he's gonna have to brawl.

PrivateLesson

March 06, 2017, 07:39:32 pm #848 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:41:29 pm by PrivateLesson
 I thought you were more the peacemaker type??? 

Private vs Public will always be a debate.   ECS and another school get into it on the Basketball threads.   

Can't help but wonder if it all comes down to $. 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on February 17, 2017, 01:50:17 pm

Do you really think he has a birth certificate?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas