• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. Missouri

Started by WPWells, November 22, 2015, 02:32:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Arkansas can clinch a winning record and no worse than third in the west

Arkansas 42
Missouri 14

pioneers

Breitontime

About time Arkansas plays for a trophy of the outline of itself and the neighboring state the opponent is from...

ricepig

Quote from: Breitontime on November 24, 2015, 06:03:37 pm
About time Arkansas plays for a trophy of the outline of itself and the neighboring state the opponent is from...

Pretty disappointed we didn't get one for our victory over Tenner.......

Breitontime

beach bum

Its wild to think that if we don't pull off the miracle against Ole Miss then they would be in the drivers seat for the West..... what a quagmire the playoff committee would be in that Alabama wouldn't have even made it to Atlanta even with the eye test telling you they are a top 2 team in the country. Alabama can thank the Hogs!!

ricepig

Quote from: Breitontime on November 24, 2015, 08:44:05 pm
Mississippi too.

Well, had we beat Moo St, we would have gotten one. As it is, it's just the north half of Mississippi.

DerekOxford

Legend

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Breitontime on November 24, 2015, 06:03:37 pm

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Legend

How original. So if Arkansas wins this game they will have Arkansas Ave Lousiana Lane and Missouri St. Can they start building hotels and make you pay more rent for landing on their spot?

beach bum

November 25, 2015, 09:16:01 pm #11 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:17:51 pm by beach bum
Anybody witnessing this one in the cold rain in person Friday? It's going to be nasty out there.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on November 25, 2015, 09:16:01 pm
Anybody witnessing this one in the cold rain in person Friday? It's going to be nasty out there.

The plan is to fly in Friday morning, watch the game, then fly back and watch Jonesboro-PB, but it will all depend on the weather. As far as the crowd it's

https://twitter.com/ArkRazorbacks/status/669651904717197312

Brian G

I'll be there like always.

Outdoor seats as well.

beach bum

I just hope the Tigers don't muck up the game. They seem pretty good at this year. We definitely have to respect our opponent, but I don't see how they come in to Fayetteville and win. We'll see though.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on November 25, 2015, 09:28:41 pm
I just hope the Tigers don't muck up the game. They seem pretty good at this year. We definitely have to respect our opponent, but I don't see how they come in to Fayetteville and win. We'll see though.

They have no offense, although we seem to make most, better than they are. However, their defense is pretty good, I think we cover, 28-14.

WPWells

I lucked into a seat in the student skybox Friday!

Coach Venny Slocombe

bdubyab60

We always seem to not play well against them for some reason. Whether it's them or us I'm not sure. Hoping we take care of business and get the win.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on November 25, 2015, 09:23:42 pm

The plan is to fly in Friday morning, watch the game, then fly back and watch Jonesboro-PB, but it will all depend on the weather. As far as the crowd it's

I had someone willing to be my friend contingent on the same plan ricepig.  I might have to reconsider, knowing you're there.  You have a Limo?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on November 26, 2015, 11:56:19 am

I had someone willing to be my friend contingent on the same plan ricepig.  I might have to reconsider, knowing you're there.  You have a Limo?

I doubt my security guards will let you near me, you'll be fine.

Brian G

Selected my rain gear.  Look for me!  I'm the one in the red poncho. :)

Headed to the stadium to cheer them Hogs!

I might could use a boat ride home.

AirWarren

This feeds into Arkansas game plan. Let's pound the rock deep into the mouth of mizzou.

WPWells

Up in the sky in a student skybox. Ready for this game!

bdubyab60

Stuck at work. Cant get a radio signal in the shop for some reason. Work has ESPN and al other sites locked out but not FF. Go figure.

AirWarren

Look like crap. That's all you need to know.

WPWells

Two score lead may be insurmountable for Mizzou

AirWarren

Collins' footwork is great. Nice run.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on November 27, 2015, 02:04:22 pm
Look like crap. That's all you need to know.

Yeah, Mizzou was terrible, that's all you needed to know. We didn't run up the score and got the win, that's always good. Oh, and I didn't get wet.

WPWells

I got wet and miserable, but we got the win. That's what's important

bdubyab60

We won that's what matters. Ugly day and ugly game it seems

Brian G

Watched it all.

Home and dry.

Ready to handle the scoreboard for your viewing pleasure.

ricepig

Yeah, back home at 6:30, but I'm skipping the JHS-PB game, very fortunate to have some great friends that let me tag along today.

Valleysports

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on November 27, 2015, 07:26:36 pm
IFR?

Oh yeah, King Air 200, even had two pilots today. We delayed about 30-35 minutes leaving Jonesboro, but left Springdale fairly quickly. We took a little diversion a little south around a cluster on the way home, but made it in 49 minutes.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 27, 2015, 05:00:16 pm
In a sky box?

WPWells

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 27, 2015, 09:36:21 pm
In a sky box?

Found out the student skybox is actually a bunch of tents on the top level. I got wet walking there and then it was cold in the tents since we weren't indoors

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 27, 2015, 09:37:32 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 27, 2015, 09:36:21 pm
In a sky box?
Ahhhh, I see...lol...

Found out the student skybox is actually a bunch of tents on the top level. I got wet walking there and then it was cold in the tents since we weren't indoors

Lionheart88

Must've been a lot of ghosts with tickets, from what I saw on tv.

ricepig

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 28, 2015, 02:17:51 am

If you complain about crowds watching from your living room, then you have no leg to stand on. I never said it would be full, just a sellout.

fastdrop

Anybody that went to that game is more than a fan. Cold and raining - last game of a OK season. I have never been that kind of fan to any sports team. Except if I was playing or a relative is playing.

Looked like a pretty good crowd to me for what it was.

Lionheart88

Quote from: ricepig on November 28, 2015, 05:25:31 am

If you complain about crowds watching from your living room, then you have no leg to stand on. I never said it would be full, just a sellout.

I'm not complaining about anything.  I'm saying that, despite it allegedly being a sellout, the stands were a long way from full. I had to work friday and saturday, the game plus the 7+ hour round trip would've left precious little time to sleep in between shifts.  Not to mention I don't make enough to be able to afford the privilege of paying $100+ to sit in the rain for four hours at Razorback Stadium.

ricepig

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 30, 2015, 11:04:29 pm
Quote from: ricepig on November 28, 2015, 05:25:31 am

I'm not complaining about anything.  I'm saying that, despite it allegedly being a sellout, the stands were a long way from full. I had to work friday and saturday, the game plus the 7+ hour round trip would've left precious little time to sleep in between shifts.  Not to mention I don't make enough to be able to afford the privilege of paying $100+ to sit in the rain for four hours at Razorback Stadium.

Nothing was alleged, you do know the difference between a sellout and actual attendance? Also, if you paid $100 for a ticket, you could have sat inside out of the rain, so there's that theory blown out of the water.

Lionheart88

After gas, parking, food, etc, I doubt I'd spend less than $100 even with the cheapest ticket available.

Longfellow

To say someone isn't a true fan because they weren't at the game is wrong. I'm a Louisville fan. Have been my whole life. Never had the chance to see them play. Why? I can't afford to drive to Kentucky, get a hotel, buy tickets, buy food and other things. If the closest you can get is watching on tv, you'll watch the game on tv. There is no shame in that

ricepig

Quote from: Longfellow on December 01, 2015, 01:12:08 pm
To say someone isn't a true fan because they weren't at the game is wrong. I'm a Louisville fan. Have been my whole life. Never had the chance to see them play. Why? I can't afford to drive to Kentucky, get a hotel, buy tickets, buy food and other things. If the closest you can get is watching on tv, you'll watch the game on tv. There is no shame in that

Did I say that? I said don't complain about attendance.

ricepig

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 01, 2015, 01:07:54 pm
After gas, parking, food, etc, I doubt I'd spend less than $100 even with the cheapest ticket available.

Nope, it's not cheap, people have their priorities, no problem, just don't complain about attendance if you're not in the stands.

Lionheart88

::)  You may as well say "Don't criticize the playcalling if you're not a professional football coach."  Why have these boards if not for discussion?  The fact that I put attending games lower on the priority list than food, rent, etc, doesn't mean my eyes don't work.  The stands weren't full.  That's all I'm saying.

ricepig

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 01, 2015, 08:32:23 pm
::)  You may as well say "Don't criticize the playcalling if you're not a professional football coach."  Why have these boards if not for discussion?  The fact that I put attending games lower on the priority list than food, rent, etc, doesn't mean my eyes don't work.  The stands weren't full.  That's all I'm saying.

Wow, so you needed to make a post on that? Everyone with two eyes, or even just one could see that. All anyone ever posted was that it was a sellout, nothing even close to saying it was full or close to full. So, your point of discussion was that it wasn't full, cool.

Legend

If they can start a season like they have finished the past two years watch out. This team will be dangerous.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas