• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations

Started by 3n2, November 11, 2015, 02:08:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3n2

Congratulations, to all the State Champions, and individuals who received various honors.  Also, congratulations to those who are signing their NLI todays.  The quality of volleyball is on the rise! 

Now it's time for  Club volleyball, a chance for some of the individual talent to mesh together to form some outstanding teams.  Good luck ladies!

1-Adam-12

Not only does it make for some great teams, but the reps they get usually make their school teams better.

We have a JO program that is affiliated with FSJ and we also have some other girls playing for Velocity in Greenwood.  Here is what it has done:

At the high school level we went from 14 to 16 to 23 wins and this season was conference co-champions and district tournament runner-up.

At the junior high level the improvement was from 14 to 19 to 28 wins and this season won both conference and district outright.

The reps they get during club season help, and there is outstanding volleyball played from January through April.  One of the teams that our 15s played two years ago at one of the tournaments had several members of the Marion team that this season won 6A.  Proud to say that we scored more points against them in pool than any of the other teams in it.

Good luck!

Valleysports

1-Adam-Parent, does the title of this thread read "Another opportunity to Brag" or "Congratulations"?       

1-Adam-12

Valley:

One. Not a parent.

Two. My intention was to expand on the point that was being made about JO helping. Not my intent to brag. If you took it that way, I'm sorry.

Three.  I am congratulating our team which was the title of the topic.

Four. That said, I do respect a lot of your opinions on volleyball-related matters.

Valleysports

moe99expedition

Well I am looking forward to club volleyball. Ozark Juniors were well represented this year in the state volleyball tournament (4 sophomores made all- tournament team and 3 made all-state team, 2 juniors made both all-state and all-tournament teams). Some of the young ladies I saw grow during the high school volleyball season will greatly benefit their club team in this upcoming year.

3n2

Looking forward to the Conway Juniors hitting the court.

moe99expedition

Is there a list of the young ladies from Arkansas who signed NLI? It would be cool to see who they are. I am sure there was many signed.

Valleysports

Quote from: moe99expedition on November 18, 2015, 08:11:40 am
Is there a list of the young ladies from Arkansas who signed NLI? It would be cool to see who they are. I am sure there was many signed.

A valuable tool would be if that list, of NLI, were updated through their 4 yr careers.  Not to show how many quit in their first year or two, but for data HS Seniors could use in making their decisions.  Because of peer pressure, so many players choose schools that are absolutely not a good fit for them.  It's a shame.

Valleysports

HOT SPRINGS, Ark. — Hunter Eshnaur (Russellville) was named the Great American Conference Freshman of the Year, Sarita Stegall (Freshman from Ft Smith SS) was tabbed the GAC's Setter of the Year, and Kristy Bayer was named the GAC Coach of the Year, leading a cast of four Golden Suns to earn all-GAC honors at the conference's annual awards banquet Wednesday night.

http://arkansastechsports.com/news/2015/11/18/WVB_1118155813.aspx?path=wvball

moe99expedition

The players would be surprised how many colleges (outside of Arkansas) are looking for talented volleyball players and can't find them.

Quote from: Valleysports on November 18, 2015, 08:29:50 am
Quote from: moe99expedition on November 18, 2015, 08:11:40 am

A valuable tool would be if that list, of NLI, were updated through their 4 yr careers.  Not to show how many quit in their first year or two, but for data HS Seniors could use in making their decisions.  Because of peer pressure, so many players choose schools that are absolutely not a good fit for them.  It's a shame.

3n2

The players might be surprised but, parents shouldn't be.  With the internet, there really aren't any excuses for not knowing what's outside the box.   

Valleysports

You can pretty much play volleyball in Arkansas, if you don't care what school you go too.  Pick the school first, then walk on if you have too.  Most kids aren't playing on full scholarships anyway.   

3n2

Just wondering if you would give a boy the same advice?

Valleysports

Quote from: 3n2 on November 24, 2015, 04:25:17 pm
Just wondering if you would give a boy the same advice?

No I would not - been on both sides of this fence!  Well of course, to some extent, everyone should go to the school that fits them best regardless of sports.  But if you've been involved in college sports, girls & boys, you know what I'm talking about.  Drop IX and see what happens....

3n2

Richard Nixon did one thing right! 

1-Adam-12

Quote from: Valleysports on November 24, 2015, 11:17:33 am
You can pretty much play volleyball in Arkansas, if you don't care what school you go too.  Pick the school first, then walk on if you have too.  Most kids aren't playing on full scholarships anyway.   

Very well said, +1.

moe99expedition

Than what you are telling me is that athletes in Arkansas settle? Following my daughter's club team to different tournaments I see that people are surprised that there is any talent coming out of Arkansas and get really upset when they get beat. There should be no reason why Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, or Alabama cannot put out better volleyball talent, really? It's there!!

Valleysports

Quote from: moe99expedition on November 25, 2015, 10:15:14 am
Than what you are telling me is that athletes in Arkansas settle? Following my daughter's club team to different tournaments I see that people are surprised that there is any talent coming out of Arkansas and get really upset when they get beat. There should be no reason why Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, or Alabama cannot put out better volleyball talent, really? It's there!!

1. Don't think anyone told you that.
2. Agree - really what?
3. Break on two - hut, hut

1-Adam-12

Quote from: moe99expedition on November 25, 2015, 10:15:14 am

Our team played a good team from Memphis at Volley in the Rock, and they couldn't believe it when we were able to beat them.  Their parents were so upset and got to yelling at our parents.  Our parents just smiled....   :) :)

Valleysports

I think everyone agrees with you - not sure about the "then what you're telling me" and "cannot put out better volleyball talent, really".

moe99expedition

Disclaimer; new to the Arkansas high school volleyball scene. I was just wondering why volleyball in Arkansas (at least club) is not more prevalent? I saw some really good volleyball at the state tourney. 

Vballfan

November 30, 2015, 01:22:00 pm #22 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 01:32:53 pm by Vballfan
Quote from: moe99expedition on November 30, 2015, 11:46:45 am
Disclaimer; new to the Arkansas high school volleyball scene. I was just wondering why volleyball in Arkansas (at least club) is not more prevalent? I saw some really good volleyball at the state tourney.

We have been in the state 5 years, I think its much better than it used to be but I don't really know that for sure. which is a sign of growth in the Delta Region.   Ozark winning the National Champ is a sign of that - a Golden Suns team won a bid to Nationals at Lone Star a few years ago - Little Rock Home School won the national championship this year.  Volleyball in the Jonesboro area has been good for a long time.  There will be a very good Conway Juniors team this year in the 17/18 age group with several kids committed to college already or have a chance to get recruited.

Take it up a level - in addition to Ozark which in my opinion is the best Arkansas based club at present -  the Golden Suns are very successful in their Conference (Golden Suns), UAFS has been the best D2 program in Arkansas the last few years (Fort Smith Juniors), UCA had a great run with McFatrich (Fatchmo), UALR has been good in the Sunbelt (Little Rock Juniors), Arkansas State was very good this year (Arkansas Juniors), Hendrix (Conway Juniors) went to the D3 Final Four this year.  all of these programs have direct involvement with their coaches and or players helping Club in Arkansas, the coaching is what is making the difference in my opinion. 

The HP program in the Delta region the last 2-3 years has also been very good - lots of kids from Arkansas and Memphis getting to go to a camp with other good kids with lots of College Coaches has helped.

Valleysports

That's a real good run down Vballfan.  Used to be Clubs in Ft Smith, NWA, Jonesboro, Little Rock.  We finally got tired of not having a club in Russellville, so we went and talked the Tech Coach into starting one.  Since then Russellville High School has benefited with two state championships and Tech won the GAC, this year, with one of Tech's club girls leading the way.  My point - Parents in Southern Arkansas should go talk to SAU, Henderson, OBU, UAM, we need clubs in every corner of the state.

moe99expedition

Thanks for the rundown of teams. I am familiar with Ozark Juniors (daughter plays) and the Ft. Smith teams. It is good to hear that Arkansas is represented at all levels.

3n2

Quote from: moe99expedition on November 30, 2015, 11:46:45 am

Unfortunately, JO got watered down.  Example:  Northeast Arkansas has AJ's, Storm,  and Slam.  All programs are well ran but, they are "minor league" teams for the area High Schools.  AJ's have a high percentage of Valley View kids.  Storm has the high percentage of Jonesboro School District kids.  Slam is based out of Paragould again high %. This is why in High School Volleyball teams are very good in all positions.  Most of the girls at these schools play year around together, which makes for good school teams.  For Arkansas to be strong on the National scene, priority and purpose for JO has to change.   :o  IMO 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas