• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Football 2015

Started by WPWells, September 04, 2015, 08:53:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: pioneers on September 12, 2015, 10:03:14 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 12, 2015, 07:01:26 pm
I agree with you on Little Rock. Frankly, we don't lose today if we're in Fayetteville
It shouldn't matter where Arkansas plays Toledo at, it could be played at Toledo and a razorback team of this caliber shouldn't lose to them.

No doubt, no need to put any excuse out there.

BrianfromCarlisle

Not an excuse.   They just have no reason to ever play there.  It has exceeded its usefulness. It is a money pit, and it hurts recruiting. They shouldn't have to travel to play a home game.

WPWells

I wasn't saying it as an excuse. There's no reason to lose to Toledo at any location. I just think that we don't have the home field advantage in LR that we do in Fayetteville which might have hurt us today. It is what it is, that's not an excuse for losing. I just don't see why we would create any circumstance that might negatively affect our play

AirWarren

The way we played today, we lose in Fayetteville like we did in LR. Period.

LJ06

This may have been worse than the ULM loss.  Having some tough luck winning games in LR lately.  Some sad football played on that field today for the Hogs.  That offensive line needs some serious work cause they are playing like pansies.

urban legend2

Quote from: AirWarren on September 12, 2015, 10:45:18 pm
Exactly!! This had nothing to do with War Memorial at all and everything to do with a lack of execution in every phase.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: urban legend2 on September 13, 2015, 01:16:13 am
Quote from: AirWarren on September 12, 2015, 10:45:18 pm
Exactly!! This had nothing to do with War Memorial at all and everything to do with a lack of execution in every phase.

Lack of execution from the entire team except for one player.

Romeo

This loss is much worse than the ULM game. The ULM game was a difference of two halves. Wilson getting injured severely hurt our chances of winning that game. There's no excuses in this game. We flat out didn't play well. Bielema is an outspoken coach, but in future he should keep his mouth shut. Bashing Ohio State for their schedule then losing to a mid-major team is about as embarrassing as it gets.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Romeo on September 13, 2015, 06:30:43 am
This loss is much worse than the ULM game. The ULM game was a difference of two halves. Wilson getting injured severely hurt our chances of winning that game. There's no excuses in this game. We flat out didn't play well. Bielema is an outspoken coach, but in future he should keep his mouth shut. Bashing Ohio State for their schedule then losing to a mid-major team is about as embarrassing as it gets.

I completely disagree with the way he was bashing Ohio State schedule... In a way, it's true. Especially when a team has a 99% chance to beat every one but Michigan State... They play cupcakes. Now. Should he have said anything about it? No. He should have just kept his mouth shut, and worried about preparing our secondary on the slant passes.... And our line blocking. Our running back lowering his shoulder instead of taking a hit backwards. Brandon Allen actually running when he has space instead of tossing it away.

ricepig

Quote from: Romeo on September 13, 2015, 06:30:43 am

He stated a fact, it was a fact if we won 60-0, or lost 60-0. Now, it's going to change every week on how many teams we each will face, but that still doesn't change that what he said was a fact.

WPWells

I love how we want coaches to speak their mind and then bash them if they actually do it.

VHSCoach2

Absolutely nothing wrong with Bret speaking his mind. Better than riding a motorcycle with a mistress, I suppose.

Anyway, what happened was shocking and a letdown, but it's time to move on. Texas Tech had a massive air-raid attack coming next week and our secondary needs to be prepared for it.

Hopefully we'll get back to our winning ways before conference play begins against Texas A&M the following week.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 13, 2015, 09:08:30 am
I love how we want coaches to speak their mind and then bash them if they actually do it.

I want Coaches to speak their minds to a certain extent.

Romeo

I never said it wasn't fact, but if your going to make bold statements you better back up your own play, and we didn't on Saturday. Its one thing to complain late in the season about another team making the CFB Playoff because of their schedule. However, WERE ONLY IN WEEK TWO. The difference between stating a fact and winning, or stating a fact and losing is that you lost to an unranked mid-major team at home. The very thing you just complained about just hit you right in the face. The other difference is that no other coach, while they might feel the same way, is stating their opinions publicly and losing to MAC teams. Like I said, I feel he should keep opinions like this to himself and focus on getting his teams better prepared to play.

ricepig

Quote from: Romeo on September 13, 2015, 09:47:49 am
I never said it wasn't fact, but if your going to make bold statements you better back up your own play, and we didn't on Saturday. Its one thing to complain late in the season about another team making the CFB Playoff because of their schedule. However, WERE ONLY IN WEEK TWO. The difference between stating a fact and winning, or stating a fact and losing is that you lost to an unranked mid-major team at home. The very thing you just complained about just hit you right in the face. The other difference is that no other coach, while they might feel the same way, is stating their opinions publicly and losing to MAC teams. Like I said, I feel he should keep opinions like this to himself and focus on getting his teams better prepared to play.

We had 500 yards of offense, dominated the time of possession 38 to 22, and held them to 16pts. The coaches can't tell them not to hold, especially the punter, not to drop passes, and not to throw it off the goal post. Do I think we showed/played much more than base plays, probably not, but you can't know what 18/22 year olds will do. I was as sick as anyone over the loss and our play, but being upset doesn't change a thing.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Guys, we got beat...we got out coached...out hustled...out played...

Our dream team O-line was bad...
Our Senior Qb played good at times but bad when his team needed him most...
Our Defense played well enough to win, but you have to wonder what happens against Bama, LSU, A&M...

The good...nevermind... ::)

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 13, 2015, 11:50:07 am

Our Defense played well enough to win, but you have to wonder what happens against Bama, LSU, A&M...

True for the most part, we'll see what happens with this team this next Saturday.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on September 13, 2015, 11:58:41 am

True for the most part, we'll see what happens with this team this next Saturday.
If this team does not beat Tech by 2 td's at home --- could be a smiley the coach year. Tech is not better than anybody in the SEC except maybe Vandy.

Valleysports

Reckon what Biliema say's to those kids this morning?  The meaning will be to RESET.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fastdrop on September 13, 2015, 01:36:43 pm

If this team does not beat Tech by 2 td's at home --- could be a smiley the coach year. Tech is not better than anybody in the SEC except maybe Vandy.

Tech gave up 45 to an fcs school... surely the hogs have an offense that can at least get close to matching that

Valleysports

Quote from: HF on September 13, 2015, 01:52:30 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on September 13, 2015, 01:36:43 pm

Tech gave up 45 to an fcs school... surely the hogs have an offense that can at least get close to matching that

Tech beat El Paso 69-20
Hogs beat El Paso 48-13

Jack1990

No surprise...Hogs fall out of top 25.

Ventman

Well next week it's in Fayettville and that's their true home field LOL. They should have smoked the Rockets no matter where they played. Wonder if they lose next week what the excuse will be. They need to show way more heart than they did yesturday, if they can't mybe we should get into the Big 12.

Kazimierz

Y'all just need to take it one game at a time. As others have said, this wasn't because of war memorial -- it was because the Hogs failed to execute.

Last year Mizzou lost to Indiana... while that's not Toledo... Indiana is basically the Kentucky of Vanderbilt of the Big 10. Mizzou turned around and won the SEC East.

As many great coaches have said, "don't let the same team beat you two weeks in a row." Toledo was an awful performance. Don't repeat it. But, move on.

5Greenjellybeans

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 13, 2015, 09:20:08 am
Absolutely nothing wrong with Bret speaking his mind. Better than riding a motorcycle with a mistress, I suppose.

Anyway, what happened was shocking and a letdown, but it's time to move on. Texas Tech had a massive air-raid attack coming next week and our secondary needs to be prepared for it.

Hopefully we'll get back to our winning ways before conference play begins against Texas A&M the following week.
Only exception is we'd be #3 in the country....no biggie

ricepig

Quote from: 5Greenjellybeans on September 13, 2015, 05:18:48 pm
Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 13, 2015, 09:20:08 am

Only exception is we'd be #3 in the country....no biggie

Yeah, he's 0-2, so nah.....

Indiana Jones

Kirkland done and Hatcher out 6 weeks
at this rate the coaches will have to pull student out of the stands

Valleysports

So when I moved back here, everyone was running a coach off because he was about running the ball and didn't pass enough, like the new offenses.  He won the SEC West a couple times?  Houston Nutt.  Now the Hog's start passing and everyone is "we don't pass - running the ball is in our DNA - what in the world are those idiots trying to pass for?".  Hog Fans are looking for a Houston Nutt type offense?

RTF

Sounds like Valley you are talking to people who are just as confused as the Hogs. I don't care if the Hogs run it 100% of the time or pass it 100% of the time just find a way win, Good teams find a way to win amongst adversity.

Valleysports

September 15, 2015, 11:13:03 am #129 Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:20:36 am by Valleysports
Quote from: Valleysports on September 07, 2015, 10:47:47 am
Quote from: beach bum on September 06, 2015, 06:56:33 pm
Forget the next 2 games.... I am ready for the PRESEASON to be over and play A&M already!

Right now Arkansas is excited about the season, ranked #18 in the Nation, thinking you might win the conference or more.  Why get in a hurry to put all this excitement on the line?  I say go ahead and pick up the next two practice games, while enjoying being undefeated.  They're not giving out participation awards the next three weeks!   ;)

You just had to go and mess it all up - huh Beach Bum!!!!

fastdrop

Quote from: Valleysports on September 15, 2015, 11:13:03 am
Quote from: Valleysports on September 07, 2015, 10:47:47 am
Quote from: beach bum on September 06, 2015, 06:56:33 pm
Forget the next 2 games.... I am ready for the PRESEASON to be over and play A&M already!

Right now Arkansas is excited about the season, ranked #18 in the Nation, thinking you might win the conference or more.  Why get in a hurry to put all this excitement on the line?  I say go ahead and pick up the next two practice games, while enjoying being undefeated.  They're not giving out participation awards the next three weeks!   ;)

You just had to go and mess it all up - huh Beach Bum!!!!
Nobody in the nation except TOLEDO thought the Hogs would not easily be 2-0 right now.

Valleysports

Tomorrow's question - how many Hog Fan's think Bielema is an idiot?  This would be in reference to all the Hog Fan's who say Brandon Allen should not be the starting QB.  In other words a lot of Hog Fan's think Bielema doesn't want his best QB on the field, giving the Hogs the best shot at winning.  Why he would do this is a strange thing to me, but hey Arkansas has more coaches than probably any other state in the union.  Everybody is a coach.

I think the Hogs just underestimated Toledo and got a wake up call.  If you thought the Hogs could win the SEC, before that game, then there is no reason you should think differently now.

WPWells

Valley, I can honestly say that I agree 100% with that post

AirWarren

Hope Bret learns to keep his mouth shut from here on out. His week has consisted of his name, reputation, and team getting ran into the dirt because of his mouth.

I'm a BB fan. However, hush your mouth and worry about pulling YOUR team up and out of its hole.

Proud Buckaroo

fastdrop

No way the Hogs lose to Tech at Home. ASU would beat tech.

bdubyab60

There was no way against Toledo either. Hogs just need to go play ball. Win today and put that game behind us

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fastdrop on September 19, 2015, 07:01:50 am
No way the Hogs lose to Tech at Home. ASU would beat tech.

What happens when stAte beats toledo later this year

WPWells

BrianfromCarlisle

BrianfromCarlisle

nastynice

AirWarren

pioneers

Arkansas going to come back and win 38-35 with a touchdown in the final minute to win.

Valleysports

Fixing to find out if Arkansas has gained that necessary 4th qtr depth..

pioneers

Fee like Texas tech defense is gassed. Keep pounding it rite at them.

pioneers

BA choked on that throw.

Then a missed field goal.

BrianfromCarlisle

BrianfromCarlisle

About to get run out of the building.  2-10???

WPWells

We're simply not a very good football team right now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas