• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Unless Mexico tanks it against Curacao and I have no idea how they don't win it looks like the knockout stage of the Gold Cup is in... Jamaica and Mexico could switch if Mexico tanks tonight but highly doubtful.

1A- Costa Rica
2B- Panama

1B- USA
3C- El Salvador

1C- Mexico
3A- Honduras

2C- Jamaica
2A- Canada

beach bum

I think Canada or Jamaica can upset Mexico... I'll take the Canada/Jamaica winner vs. the good ole USA in the finals and of course we are going to take the title home  8)

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on July 16, 2017, 07:15:29 pm
Would love a Mexico vs USA final.

With USA taking it.

I just am using wishful thinking.... I don't want to be playing a "home game" with more Mexico fans in the crowd than our own haha. The Canadians and Jamaicans can't match the Mexico fans shear numbers so I can only wish.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on July 16, 2017, 08:30:07 pm
Where is the final?

The Bay area in California... I think they are playing at the 49er's stadium in Santa Clara and the Mexico fans hold down California so well. I am thinking about trekking to Dallas Saturday to watch team USA. I'll make an impulse decision probably Thursday. Obviously, we have to take care of El Salvador first mid week.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Mexico on the counter attack...love it. They just all attack once they get the ball in open space. One gripe about the USA. Don't seem to know how to attack fast.

WPWells

I'm tired of playing Mexico in home games near the border. Why not actually utilize a home field advantage instead of playing for money? That's what separates us from the rest of the world - if we give ourselves a chance to sell out the huge games on our own, our fan base will grow.

beach bum

Quote from: WPWells on July 16, 2017, 09:22:11 pm
I'm tired of playing Mexico in home games near the border. Why not actually utilize a home field advantage instead of playing for money? That's what separates us from the rest of the world - if we give ourselves a chance to sell out the huge games on our own, our fan base will grow.

Sadly, I think the only place we could get actual home field advantage would be in Portland or Seattle..... Maybe Salt Lake City, but there is even a good Mexico following there too.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on July 16, 2017, 09:12:26 pm
Mexico on the counter attack...love it. They just all attack once they get the ball in open space. One gripe about the USA. Don't seem to know how to attack fast.

That game was played at such a high tempo guys on both sides looked gassed at the end.

AirWarren

Longfellow

I love the kit we're wearing with the stars on the torso. And I love Omar Gonzalez!!

AirWarren

Longfellow

Another one!!! 2-0 USA 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on July 19, 2017, 09:03:54 pm
Another one!!! 2-0 USA 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

You see that pass from Clint??? Good grief it was amazing.

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on July 19, 2017, 09:00:50 pm
I love the kit we're wearing with the stars on the torso. And I love Omar Gonzalez!!

These colors don't run. 🇺🇸

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

Longfellow

Quote from: AirWarren on July 19, 2017, 09:05:03 pm
You see that pass from Clint??? Good grief it was amazing.
Clint is my main man. One of the big reasons I got into soccer

AirWarren

beach bum

El Salvador was such a dirty team.... We should have won 4-0 but that soggy field negated our athletic advantage plus they just slowed down and leaned in to any of our players that was about to make a break every single time because they knew they were outmatched. I hope El Salvador never gets to the knockout stage again of the Gold Cup.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Dempsey with the historic goal. Altadore.

Headed to the finals baby!!! Bring on Mexico, PLEASE!!!!

beach bum

We slowly, but surely wore down the Costa Ricans.... Great job tonight.

Longfellow

Longfellow

beach bum

AirWarren

beach bum

Anyone else hear about the report that came out where a 4 billion dollar deal fell through that would have brought a promotion/relegation system to the United States..... Imagine teams like the Tulsa Roughnecks or North Carolina FC coming through the ranks all the way up to MLS. This would have brought so much more interest to soccer in what I call "mid markets" like a Tulsa, Reno NV, Oklahoma City, Louisville and plenty others where USL or NASL clubs are located. Imagine even Little Rock or NWA getting lower tier teams eventually with a shot of a decade from now reaching the MLS. That would have been sweet.

beach bum

Also, Dom Dwyer was just sent to Orlando City from Sporting KC. That is a big move for MLS standards.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on July 25, 2017, 08:38:02 pm
Roma up on Spurs 2-0

They are keeping up their trend of absolutely stinking against any European clubs outside the Premier League....

beach bum

What a wild finish.... Two Tottenham goals to equalize only for Roma to score about 30 seconds later to make it 3-2 Roma.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: beach bum on July 25, 2017, 05:14:49 pm
Anyone else hear about the report that came out where a 4 billion dollar deal fell through that would have brought a promotion/relegation system to the United States..... Imagine teams like the Tulsa Roughnecks or North Carolina FC coming through the ranks all the way up to MLS. This would have brought so much more interest to soccer in what I call "mid markets" like a Tulsa, Reno NV, Oklahoma City, Louisville and plenty others where USL or NASL clubs are located. Imagine even Little Rock or NWA getting lower tier teams eventually with a shot of a decade from now reaching the MLS. That would have been sweet.

Yes it would.  The British eat it up when a Burnley or a Huddersfield make the Premier League.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on July 26, 2017, 11:39:53 am
Do we get the Gold cup win?

2-0 USA.... Dempsey breaks the record and gets his 58th goal in a USA jersey.

AirWarren

Chicharito to west ham. Forgot to bring that up the other day.

Thoughts?

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on July 26, 2017, 02:02:49 pm
Chicharito to west ham. Forgot to bring that up the other day.

Thoughts?

Didn't they get Joe Hart too? I was worried about West Ham's trajectory as a club with the Payet departure and how bad they played at times last season. I even wondered if they had a slim chance of being relegated the coming season. Their signings this summer definitely showed they are wanting to stay up for at least a few more years. I think if they all stay healthy they planted themselves in that 7-10 range now.

AirWarren

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on July 26, 2017, 10:38:00 pm
Morris!!!!!!!!!

Finally, I didn't think Jamaica could hold us off in extra time if it went there but we do not need it now. Jamaica has been on their heels for about 15 minutes straight now and the break through finally came through cause of it.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Tim Howard.

USA is going to miss him.  So much better with him protecting the goal than Guzan.

VHSCoach2

Go Postal

AirWarren

Inter beats Chelsea 2-1.

Only Chelsea score was off an inter milan player putting the ball in to his own net.

1-Adam-12

Had I planned better, I would have roadtripped to Nashville to watch City vs. Spurs.  It would have been an ideal time.

I wouldn't have even had to worry about a hotel, as I have family that lives an hour from Nashville.

Ah well. Maybe next year...

VHSCoach2

The US Women were down 3-1 to Brazil with under ten minutes to go last night. When the final whistle blew, the US had won 4-3. Miraculous comeback.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas