• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Johnny Manziel

Started by Romeo, August 18, 2014, 10:09:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

December 23, 2014, 07:10:33 am #50 Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 08:18:06 am by ricepig
When Manziel has a Hall of Fame career like Manning, then you can use the two in the same sentence, all you are doing now is looking ridiculous. Manziel did get paid $7mil this year for his 157 total yards, or whatever it was, that took some talent by someone.

Rulesman

Keep drinking the Kool Aid, Valley.

Lionheart88

Quote from: ricepig on December 23, 2014, 07:10:33 am
When Manziel has a Hall of Fame career like Manning, then you can use the two in the same sentence, all you are doing now is looking ridiculous. Manziel did get paid $7mil this year for his 157 total yards, or whatever it was, that took some talent by someone.
That's got to be close to a $/yard record or something.

Valleysports

Now hold on - I'm just looking for the possibilities.  You on the other hand are a Hog Fan - don't you ever talk about other people looking ridiculous!  ::) 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 23, 2014, 10:56:36 am

Now hold on - I'm just looking for the possibilities.  You on the other hand are a Hog Fan - don't you ever talk about other people looking ridiculous!  ::)

And you're originally from Texas, enough said........

True Fan

Manning still has a brighter future ahead. And, probably, a longer NFL career. ;D

No need to call valet original. Just the fact that he's from Texas says a lot.

Valleysports

History say's Manning is about done.  Based on all the other Franchise QB's, who've moved to other teams, late in their careers.  First year is maybe the best year of career, 2nd year maybe even better, then it slows - focus starts to dim, they've proven that they weren't washed up and if not before - it's done in the 4th year.  Montana, Farve, Bledsoe, Moon, Cunningham,...............  Having this in mind, since Manning went to Denver, I can see it.  The arm just isn't as strong, he's thrown some stupid throws, he's just not as sharp.  Unfortunately the curtain is drawing close.   :'(

Lionheart88

I still wish the Broncos had kept Tebow.  Then we'd have a proven QB ready for when Manning retires.  I'm sure Osweiler's great and all, but right now he's 13-20 for 107 yards after almost three years in the League.  I'd much rather have the guy who already lead the team to a Division title and a playoff win.

True Fan

That hilarious. But, don't fret. ;D

He's still available.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 23, 2014, 01:46:32 pm
History say's Manning is about done.  Based on all the other Franchise QB's, who've moved to other teams, late in their careers.  First year is maybe the best year of career, 2nd year maybe even better, then it slows - focus starts to dim, they've proven that they weren't washed up and if not before - it's done in the 4th year.  Montana, Farve, Bledsoe, Moon, Cunningham,...............  Having this in mind, since Manning went to Denver, I can see it.  The arm just isn't as strong, he's thrown some stupid throws, he's just not as sharp.  Unfortunately the curtain is drawing close.   :'(

While he isn't the same QB as he was in his best days, I was still amazed last night on the touch on some of the passes down the sidelines, perfect.

Valleysports

Except for the 16 incomplete or intercepted passes.  But he does have touch - something Elway sure did not have.  I used get so irritated with the stupidity in Elway's screen passes - he threw, with the same amount of touch, 4 yds as he did 40 yds.  Half the time the ball bounced off the receiver's chest.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Valleysports on December 23, 2014, 04:08:46 am
Peyton Manning is DONE - 4 Interceptions against Cincinnati (3 in the 4th qtr) - are you kidding me?  That's as many as his Rookie Start.  And Manning has the best receiver's in football now.  Besides getting creamed by the Cincinnati Defense (the last two weeks), something else Manning & Manziel have in common is horrible rookie starts.  Manning's first game in the Pro's was horrible, like Elway, Aikman, and many others.  I think Cleveland strategical threw Manziel to the wolves (Cincinnati), to get him in the right place mentally (for off season).  Planned or not - best thing they could've done for him.

Johnny won't be a big deal in the NFL, not for long, as they say.  Bad attitude, bad mechanics, they raved about it in college.  How he could throw with such power when he was off balance, now they are ripping him for the same.  Better defense, better DB's.  His physical size may also be a problem for him.  Guy is a jerk, big time.  Manning is a class act and you hear that from everyone.  Manning may be nearing the end of an excellent career but I wouldn't count him out just yet, they all have bad games.  The game the other night, driving rain, poor protection, remember Denver has moved 3 OL around and they are having problems there, also the receivers failed to make a few catches they should have in that game and there were clearly some miscues between QB and receivers.  It happens, one game doesn't end his career.  I'll take him any day over Johnny. 

bdubyab60

Manning has struggled the last 3 or 4 games. Hes never thrown what you would call a perfect spiral but always had a little zip on it. Hasn't had that these past few games. I think he is hurt in some way and they just aren't letting it out, it hasn't been just one game. Though he has still had a very good season.

As for Manziel he will get a little better. I was surprised to see that the ball seemed to float on him some. I thought he had a stronger arm than what he showed. I don't think he will be a franchise guy though. A serviceable QB if he gets to work and takes the job serious.

bearcatfan57

lets just face it no matter how much he may improve, Johnny manziel was cursed by the media before he even put on a jersey in the nfl. They hyped him up so much that even if he makes playoffs a few times in his career, he will be deemed a bust. The media was acting like he was going to be the biggest name and go and make whatever team he went to superbowl contenders. They made him seem to be so great that by the end of his career heck be in the same group as all the great qbs in the NFL. He himself started believing it and loved all the attention and started acting like he was the best, which is why many of us are so against manziel. I for sure was screaming at my tv saying "Jerry Jones don't you do this to us". I believed Manziel would do fine not great but fine, some of me still believe he will do some good if he improves, however he will never be as good as the media wanted you to believe. As much as I don't care for Lebron because of all the attention, I have to admit he is a great player and earns some of the spotlights just not everyone on Espn, but they were trying to make Manziel the Lebron of the NFL giving him so much attention, way before he even did anything, and because of this I said that kids going to be deemed a bust in the NFL no mater how good he becomes , unless he wins multiple rings.

nuttinbuthogs

I'm sure Manning is not the same player he was at his absolute best.  He remains one of the best in the NFL.  As always QB's get more blame and more credit than they usually deserve.  He is still good enough to win a Super Bowl if all goes well and the rest of the Bronco's team plays up to their ability as well.  Struggling the last few weeks is not all Manning, the changes on the OL have been a big issue with protection.  Go back and look at it.  A few drops here and there, a few miscues between QB and Rcr's is key.  Manziel on the other hand has done nothing in the NFL to give anyone an indication of becoming great, or even good in the NFL.  His bad attitude in college certainly is spilling over and he has been forced to shut up at least a little bit. 

Valleysports

Manziel had a great attitude in college - a winning one - old school fans just didn't like his Namath style partying.  Anyhow, I don't think anyone is predicting Manziel to be great - even fans, like myself, are in a wait-see mode.  The other side was actually clapping and celebrating him getting hurt last week.  It's too early to say either way - based on his two games anyway.  I don't get why fans get so eat up with hatin on an immature college kid, who really hasn't done anybody that wrong - not compared to other Heisman Winners.  Y'all just a bunch of racist! 

nuttinbuthogs

Guy has shown little class and run his mouth.  In the NFL that will get you a bad time.

nuttinbuthogs

Oh and just for the record when I started watching the guy I was impressed at first, then I realized what a jerk he is and lost any respect for him. That and further watching him and recognizing his lack of basic fundamentals that are going to take him the way of Tebow.

Valleysports

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 24, 2014, 10:39:51 pm
Guy has shown little class and run his mouth.  In the NFL that will get you a bad time.

You said "his bad attitude in college" - which is different than showing class and running his mouth.  Kid is a competitor and thinks nothing but winning.  Like I said, maybe being totally embarrased (and having that bad taste in his mouth for 6 months) will be a turning point for him.  Have you been watching the NFL lately - it's not known for Class and Role Models anymore?     

nuttinbuthogs

So because some of the other NFL players act like fools, that makes it ok for Johnny?   Got to be kidding me.   He has been a classless jerk for a while and now it has caught up to him.   He may be a competitor but that doesn't mean he has an ounce of class or character.  One thing to remember about character, you want to have character not be a character.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 24, 2014, 10:01:37 pm
Manziel had a great attitude in college - a winning one - old school fans just didn't like his Namath style partying.  Anyhow, I don't think anyone is predicting Manziel to be great - even fans, like myself, are in a wait-see mode.  The other side was actually clapping and celebrating him getting hurt last week.  It's too early to say either way - based on his two games anyway.  I don't get why fans get so eat up with hatin on an immature college kid, who really hasn't done anybody that wrong - not compared to other Heisman Winners.  Y'all just a bunch of racist!

Other side, as in Carolina fans? Well, it's pro football, they drink a lot at the games......As far as his ability, or how his game will translate to the NFL, it's still a passing QB league, and he has a way to go in that department.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: Valleysports on December 23, 2014, 04:08:46 am
Peyton Manning is DONE - 4 Interceptions against Cincinnati (3 in the 4th qtr) - are you kidding me?  That's as many as his Rookie Start.  And Manning has the best receiver's in football now.  Besides getting creamed by the Cincinnati Defense (the last two weeks), something else Manning & Manziel have in common is horrible rookie starts.  Manning's first game in the Pro's was horrible, like Elway, Aikman, and many others.  I think Cleveland strategical threw Manziel to the wolves (Cincinnati), to get him in the right place mentally (for off season).  Planned or not - best thing they could've done for him.

Manning is still better than most.

Valleysports

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 26, 2014, 09:52:37 am
So because some of the other NFL players act like fools, that makes it ok for Johnny?   Got to be kidding me.   He has been a classless jerk for a while and now it has caught up to him.   He may be a competitor but that doesn't mean he has an ounce of class or character.  One thing to remember about character, you want to have character not be a character.

Dude even though we have fun and harrass each other on this forum - don't speak for me - thank you! 
"So just because ......that makes it OK....... Got to be kidding me......"  If you ask a question - your not supposed to answer it - nor make a judgement about the answer you gave.  Show a little Character.  I find myself saying over and over - No one is saying - - - - - -.

fastdrop

Quote from: Valleysports on December 26, 2014, 03:18:39 pm
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 26, 2014, 09:52:37 am

Dude even though we have fun and harrass each other on this forum - don't speak for me - thank you! 
"So just because ......that makes it OK....... Got to be kidding me......"  If you ask a question - your not supposed to answer it - nor make a judgement about the answer you gave.  Show a little Character.  I find myself saying over and over - No one is saying - - - - - -.

I find it interesting that people actually think they know a person from watching them on a tube. Or from what they read or see on the WORLD WIDE WEB.

Valleysports

That's true - really surprised me that Manning ran down the field using the F word - especially since he's not 20yrs old.  Y'all need to be hatin all over him for that!   ;D

True Fan

You think that's bad?

Guess you missed his SNL skit when he was working with the kids. ;D

Valleysports

Quote from: True Fan on December 26, 2014, 03:41:49 pm
You think that's bad?

NO - that's just my point.  If you people are going to hold players accountable for silly crap - don't give Manning a pass just because he's the Clark Kent of the NFL....   I remember this same crowd hatin on Richard Sherman - "Oh what an arrogant loud mouth........."  LOL

Iknewthemwhen

So are you saying that you think Manziel has better character than Manning?  And as for me I do make judgements based on what I do know about a player, whatever that may be.  I think most people do. I'm sure that those people are glad it makes little difference in their lives.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 26, 2014, 03:51:48 pm
Quote from: True Fan on December 26, 2014, 03:41:49 pm
You think that's bad?

NO - that's just my point.  If you people are going to hold players accountable for silly crap - don't give Manning a pass just because he's the Clark Kent of the NFL....   I remember this same crowd hatin on Richard Sherman - "Oh what an arrogant loud mouth........."  LOL

Manning is Superman? I don't think comparing a few F-bombs dropped, compares to a litany of off the field transgressions. The jury is still out on Johnny, there's no doubt Peyton will be in the HOF.

Iknewthemwhen

Manning has a record that's pretty good on and off field.  Character and athletically, Johnny hasn't done anything in the NFL and his character issues are in doubt.

Valleysports

December 26, 2014, 08:31:29 pm #80 Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 08:33:05 pm by Valleysports
Iknewhatever - you're still doing the Strawman Routine!  ::) 
Hold it - this isn't Xtremewildcat is it?

nuttinbuthogs

Pretty plain to see how this discussion is going to shape up, NFL,  Manning long history and bound for the HOF, Manziel no history and looking like there may not be. One has already made his place and the other is just making folks mad with his arrogance.  At least thats what I see.

Valleysports

That's better - and I agree - except what young, wet-behind-the-ears, athletes do doesn't control my emotions.  Manziel provides ammo for people who just love to go over the top - pointing fingers and celebrating when someone struggles or fails.  Are you a high school coach?

bleudog

Valleysports

We don't know the discussions between the Browns and Manziel - but I'm old school.  If he's not going to follow the rules and be dedicated to the team - cut him.  At the very least, the front office needs to have a sit down - put him on probation.  I remember his dad had basically given up on him - said he was hoping someone could get through to him before he self destructed.   

bdubyab60

So I guess he's not taking his job seriously like he said he was going to

Rulesman

On August 20 I posted he wouldn't last the season. Prophetic.

Valleysports

Yes and I thought you were wrong - he ain't gone yet - it's just hard to believe he's still screwing up off the field.  Looks like the ball is on your side of the court at this point - Rulesman. 

nuttinbuthogs

For those that know a little bit about the guy I don't think this is a big surprise. 

Valleysports

All you know is what you get off your drama press  ::)

nuttinbuthogs

Valleysports

I'd venture to say I know more about him than you - ask ricepig.  Went to school with his parents, kinda kept up with him over the years.  Whatcha got?

nuttinbuthogs

Very close personal connection to the family. 

Valleysports

Rulesman

Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2014, 05:45:18 pm
Yes and I thought you were wrong - he ain't gone yet - it's just hard to believe he's still screwing up off the field.  Looks like the ball is on your side of the court at this point - Rulesman. 
He was on the inactive list today. The Browns are done for the year. He didn't last the season. Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

beach bum

Most of the analysts think he will be cut.. I think so too. He will end up off in Jacksonville and become a permanant tackling dummy.

Valleysports

Quote from: Rulesman on December 28, 2014, 09:02:41 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2014, 05:45:18 pm
He was on the inactive list today. The Browns are done for the year. He didn't last the season. Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

Well actually there hasn't been much Kool Aid about Johnny Manziel in the NFL.  I read something like that a few post up - where y'all been?  If anything it's been 90% he ain't got a chance in heck.  Every commentator and middle age white male is pulling against him.  I typically pull for the underdog long shots.   

nuttinbuthogs

He let his mouth overrun his a-- as they say.  Lots of former great college players that were busts in the NFL. He needed to shut up and play.   So Valley, did you go to high school with Paul jr at Lee, or college after he left town. 

Valleysports

REL - I came to God's Country (N of the Arkansas River) and never went back.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas