• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Johnny Manziel

Started by Romeo, August 18, 2014, 10:09:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulesman

Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2014, 09:25:25 pm
Quote from: Rulesman on December 28, 2014, 09:02:41 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2014, 05:45:18 pm
Well actually there hasn't been much Kool Aid about Johnny Manziel in the NFL. 
No, there hasn't. My point exactly. But your posts about him cast an entirely different light.

Valleysports

December 29, 2014, 08:11:52 am #101 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:42:16 am by Valleysports
Now careful - people tend to miss-interpret and add their own twist to what I post.  How do I post Johnny Football in a different light?  I've thought he was an immature knucklehead from Day 1.  On the other hand I think he has Roger Staubach type skills.  Don't over do your crowing just yet - well go ahead, if it makes you feel good.   

I also remember you saying Manziel would be shutdown in his Sophomore year, after defenses had caught on to him his Freshman year.  Swing and a Miss...  We all know Arkansas Fans have special feelings for Manziel - Hill this year - Allen next year.  LOL  A&M playing at 1300 hrs - Ricepig don't you ignore how many times they use the term "very young team". 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 29, 2014, 08:11:52 am
Now careful - people tend to miss-interpret and add their own twist to what I post.  How do I post Johnny Football in a different light?  I've thought he was an immature knucklehead from Day 1.  On the other hand I think he has Roger Staubach type skills.  Don't over do your crowing just yet - well go ahead, if it makes you feel good.   

I also remember you saying Manziel would be shutdown in his Sophomore year, after defenses had caught on to him his Freshman year.  Swing and a Miss...  We all know Arkansas Fans have special feelings for Manziel - Hill this year - Allen next year.  LOL  A&M playing at 1300 hrs - Ricepig don't you ignore how many times they use the term "very young team".

Well Valley, do you expect them to say a poorly coached one?

Valleysports

If we go back a page or two - these posters were saying that any QB would excell under a Sumlin Coached Team.  ha ha ha ha it wasn't Manziel - it was all Sumlin ha ha ha ha.  Remember that crap after the first game?  ::)

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 29, 2014, 09:24:46 am
If we go back a page or two - these posters were saying that any QB would excell under a Sumlin Coached Team.  ha ha ha ha it wasn't Manziel - it was all Sumlin ha ha ha ha.  Remember that crap after the first game?  ::)

Sumlin can coach offense, he just has no idea on the other side.

Valleysports

They're trying to get the LSU DC - Muschamp?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 29, 2014, 09:33:05 am
They're trying to get the LSU DC - Muschamp?

Muschamp went to Auburn for $1.6m/yr. Supposedly, they have tried to get Chavis to leave LSU.

The Future

I think Johnny Football is the perfect example of no such thing as bad publicity.
Whether good or bad, he gets people talking about him. If being talked about constantly was enough to win a Super Bowl, Manziel has this year's already won.

I agree with someone earlier who said something along the lines of labeling him based on just what we see and read and not based on really knowing him. But with Manziel I think what we have seen, read, and heard and what we are continuing to see, read, and hear is plenty enough to make a reasonable assumption about him. If he got caught up in a little mess, got punished, and then learned and moved on and didnt get in trouble again, then saying he is an arrogant hothead would be unfair. But it's obvious he doesn't think things ahead very far. I don't think he purposely does this stuff to get in trouble. He just doesn't care.

If there was one thing he really needs to learn, it's that with all this hype he needs to realize he is in this high position and everything he does will make news and that he needs to make decisions having that in mind. People throw parties all the time. Nothing wrong with it. But when it gets in the way of your job then that's bad.
Skill wise I think he has the potential to be a decent QB. Not really a elite. But enough to stay with a team for the length of his career. About like Matt Ryan. Won't lead the Falcons to a Super Bowl but he's good enough for them to keep.
If he wants to shut up the haters, stop doing money flashes, stop showing off that smile, quit the bs off the field problems, and go learn that play book like its nobodies buisness. Practice and work and improve and grab that starting position and make it yours.

I really think he can be a likeable guy. But seriously no one likes an arrogant young guy pulling in big bucks and goes off and gets in trouble all the time because he's just all that.

Valleysports

Oh the kid is good - ricepig!!!!!!! 

Well Manziel is going to schedule to explain the party, I guess, sometime during this game?  ha ha

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 29, 2014, 01:11:29 pm
Oh the kid is good - ricepig!!!!!!! 

Well Manziel is going to schedule to explain the party, I guess, sometime during this game?  ha ha

@JFowlerESPN:Manziel apologized to the team, veterans, etc. "Either i'm going to learn or I'm going to be finding something else to do"

Valleysports

Well there you go - said he was sorry - all good now!  ;D

Rulesman

Quote from: ricepig on December 29, 2014, 01:45:00 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on December 29, 2014, 01:11:29 pm
"Either i'm going to learn or I'm going to be finding something else to do"
Well, he got half of it right. No and yes.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: beach bum on December 28, 2014, 09:13:19 pm
Most of the analysts think he will be cut.. I think so too. He will end up off in Jacksonville and become a permanant tackling dummy.
Just seems he cannot stay out of trouble, its always around him it seems.  But more than that his talents are not NFL level in my opinion.  Almost seems he is just looking for a good time, doesnt want to but in the work but wants  ride the train as long as it last and then be done.

Uncle Ivan

Looking forward to the inevitable 30 for 30.

AirWarren

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 30, 2014, 03:25:28 pm

30 for 30: They Hype that never was.

nuttinbuthogs

Johnny Football is in a new world.  One that he must produce in.

CathywithaC

Skip Bayless called him an alcoholic and a liar today.  I take it he's not a fan ::)

nuttinbuthogs

reputation is a valuable thing and tough to get back once you loose it.

True Fan

AirWarren

Quote from: CathywithaC on January 01, 2015, 07:06:33 pm
Skip Bayless called him an alcoholic and a liar today.  I take it he's not a fan ::)

Looks like Skip was on to something with this bum.

Uncle Ivan

If he's serious about quitting, then best of luck to him.

beach bum

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on January 01, 2015, 10:32:21 pm
reputation is a valuable thing and tough to get back once you loose it.

I think when someone changes their negative behavior... which is the "real" I am sorry is one of the most powerful things on this Earth. He may not really be invested, but if he is best of luck to him. Only time will tell. All I know, is if someone wronged me in life. If they apologized and changed I would eventually move beyond their troubled past. Like I said, we will see if this is genuine or not.

nuttinbuthogs

The trick is if they are sincere in the apology.  The words are easy, the heartfelt sentiment is not.

Valleysports

Did he make an apology statement somewhere?  I see a statement where he's trying to improve himself as family member and teammate - sounds more like behavior management training.

beach bum

February 04, 2015, 07:49:32 pm #124 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:56:03 pm by beach bum
Quote from: AirWarren on December 30, 2014, 03:41:35 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 30, 2014, 03:25:28 pm

30 for 30: They Hype that never was.

You must be quite the perfect church going man with the greatest life .... AW. I really can't stand Johnny Manziel, but at least he the guy will say when he is down and needing help....

beach bum

February 04, 2015, 07:57:05 pm #125 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:05:19 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Valleysports on February 03, 2015, 12:53:22 am
Did he make an apology statement somewhere?  I see a statement where he's trying to improve himself as family member and teammate - sounds more like behavior management training.

I see that as an apology.. if you want to see a statement look at Josh Gordon who is Johnny's teammate.... He is butting back at former addicts like Cris Carter who have questioned Josh's commitment. Johnny Manziel may not end up has an NFL quarterback, but I do see him ending up successful in life because he sounds like he is admitting all his faults.....

Valleysports

AirWarren probably won't be done with his shift when you go for your run.  What time do you have to be at work Beach Bum?

beach bum

February 04, 2015, 08:02:06 pm #127 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:13:28 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Valleysports on February 04, 2015, 08:00:10 pm
AirWarren probably won't be done with his shift when you go for your run.  What time do you have to be at work Beach Bum?

5 a.m. Mountian Time.... I set my alarm for a random time... 4:04 a.m.... for some reason it just seems like the right time since I live right by work.

Jacketman65

Is Johnny doing this on his own?  Or did the Browns give him the Either Or?

beach bum

February 04, 2015, 08:12:23 pm #129 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:21:35 pm by beach bum
I think Johnny is on the right track.

Valleysports

Better than the Bona Dea?

beach bum

February 04, 2015, 08:15:22 pm #131 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:20:41 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Valleysports on February 04, 2015, 08:13:12 pm
Better than the Bona Dea?

Actually, Bona Dea was my go to trail in Russellville! 3.5 mile loop for 2 loops was my go to run... Bona Dea was my best part of Russ Vegas!!!!

beach bum

Quote from: Jacketman65 on February 04, 2015, 08:03:41 pm
Is Johnny doing this on his own?  Or did the Browns give him the Either Or?

Sometimes, sadly that is what it takes to change. Its called rock bottom..... Johnny can either lose his money and career in football or just keep partying! Only he gets to make that choice.

Valleysports

Cleveland Browns fell apart today - officially.

nuttinbuthogs

never should have taken that guy.  Why can people not read problems when they are as obvious as that.

Iknewthemwhen

What happens to Manziel  is going to be interesting to watch for the next year or two.  I never believed he was a great pro talent but it is a shame that his career may hinge on his immaturity and destructive behavior.

Rulesman

If you didn't see this coming you were either living under a rock or were completely oblivious to Johnny Clipboard and his antics.

mtindian42

Pokey03

Ryan Leaf incarnation, Manziel had character issues before the NFL, Browns drafted him to put fans in empty seats, lacked the mechanics to be an NFL QB anyhow. Doesn't help that he grew up with a golden spoon in his mouth, and everyone telling him how great he was, no discipline, no work ethic, no respect for himself or teammates, no accountability all this=NO NFL career. I'm sorry but every team should pass on him if he hasn't learned by now he won't.

mtindian42

This guy is a total wreck! Drinking, beating women! Partying... He has one hand around money...And the other one around destruction! It's not going to end well for this guy...this snow ball will soon become and Avalanche!

His football skills is no longer the issue here... This guy needs prayers and fast! If he keeps liven his life at this rate... He won't have one!

Romeo

Dan Patrick interviewed Ryan Leaf today. Very compelling interview. Ryan Leaf says its like holding up a mirror when hearing stories about Manziel. He's apparently reached out to Manziel and urged him to seek help.

AirWarren

He is going to be broke and face down at rock bottom soon.

WPWells

nuttinbuthogs

It's a shame that someone like this can't control his demons.  No home training as they say.  I really don't feel badly for the guy, he has been given multiple chances to correct the problem dating back a while.  He threw it away.  I would rather spend my empathy on someone who works like heck to do the right thing in the face of adversity.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AirWarren on February 05, 2016, 04:34:45 pm
He is going to be broke and face down at rock bottom soon.

His parents are worth 50 million....so I'm figuring he'll have the hook up from the family.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: The Future on December 29, 2014, 10:29:41 am
I think Johnny Football is the perfect example of no such thing as bad publicity.
Whether good or bad, he gets people talking about him. If being talked about constantly was enough to win a Super Bowl, Manziel has this year's already won.

I agree with someone earlier who said something along the lines of labeling him based on just what we see and read and not based on really knowing him. But with Manziel I think what we have seen, read, and heard and what we are continuing to see, read, and hear is plenty enough to make a reasonable assumption about him. If he got caught up in a little mess, got punished, and then learned and moved on and didnt get in trouble again, then saying he is an arrogant hothead would be unfair. But it's obvious he doesn't think things ahead very far. I don't think he purposely does this stuff to get in trouble. He just doesn't care.

If there was one thing he really needs to learn, it's that with all this hype he needs to realize he is in this high position and everything he does will make news and that he needs to make decisions having that in mind. People throw parties all the time. Nothing wrong with it. But when it gets in the way of your job then that's bad.
Skill wise I think he has the potential to be a decent QB. Not really a elite. But enough to stay with a team for the length of his career. About like Matt Ryan. Won't lead the Falcons to a Super Bowl but he's good enough for them to keep.
If he wants to shut up the haters, stop doing money flashes, stop showing off that smile, quit the bs off the field problems, and go learn that play book like its nobodies buisness. Practice and work and improve and grab that starting position and make it yours.

I really think he can be a likeable guy. But seriously no one likes an arrogant young guy pulling in big bucks and goes off and gets in trouble all the time because he's just all that.
Quote from: beach bum on February 02, 2015, 07:04:45 pm
I think when someone changes their negative behavior... which is the "real" I am sorry is one of the most powerful things on this Earth. He may not really be invested, but if he is best of luck to him. Only time will tell. All I know, is if someone wronged me in life. If they apologized and changed I would eventually move beyond their troubled past. Like I said, we will see if this is genuine or not.
Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on February 15, 2015, 10:10:07 am
What happens to Manziel  is going to be interesting to watch for the next year or two.  I never believed he was a great pro talent but it is a shame that his career may hinge on his immaturity and destructive behavior.
So have the chickens come home to roost?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas