• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Johnny Manziel

Started by Romeo, August 18, 2014, 10:09:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

Uncle Ivan

Immature.

I'm of the opinion that Manziel is a system product, a bust waiting to happen.  Sumlin's offense will work regardless of who's plugged in at quarterback.

AirWarren

I wish Orakpo would break that finger and shove it up his....

Jacketman65

Typical of him! I'm waiting for the day when some linebacker straightens him out.

Lionheart88

August 19, 2014, 05:15:53 pm #4 Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:16:40 pm by Lionheart88
Idiot.  Cleveland's the perfect place for him though.  Even more than Dallas or Oakland, it's the archetype of dysfunction in the NFL today.

Breitontime

Meh',

I like Johnny. He's who he is, and that's ok. The majority of people playing professional sports play it for the money. Johnny doesn't need the money, he's there to prove he can do it.

Why anyone expected him to change, that baffles me.

Rulesman

The NFL police haven't fined him yet for the number one finger salute? The cowards!

Breitontime

It'll come out in a few days. A little over $12k is the norm for a birdie.

Valleysports

I love that fight in him - love it - he's definitely not your non athletic  QB.  It's a warrior sport - not golf or tennis, although what was that one tennis players name everyone loved to hate - McEnroe?  Johnny is  going to be as much fun to watch, in the NFL, as he was college.  Wish he was on a good team, behind a good QB, for a couple of years. 

With that said Bre - the NFL needs to spank him hard right here and now.  This wasn't on his time, it was on TV, in a game.  He needs to learn to talk trash like everyone else, without getting caught.  Most fans don't realize the constant trash talking that takes place in battle.  Worst thing with what happened last night - opponents will try even harder to get him to react.

Rulesman

Quote from: Valleysports on August 20, 2014, 01:04:26 am
Johnny is  going to be as much fun to watch, in the NFL, as he was college.
He won't last the season.

CathywithaC

I love that fight in him - love it - he's definitely not your non athletic  QB.  It's a warrior sport - not golf or tennis, although what was that one tennis players name everyone loved to hate - McEnroe?  Johnny is  going to be as much fun to watch, in the NFL, as he was college.  Wish he was on a good team, behind a good QB, for a couple of years. 

With that said Bre - the NFL needs to spank him hard right here and now.  This wasn't on his time, it was on TV, in a game.  He needs to learn to talk trash like everyone else, without getting caught.  Most fans don't realize the constant trash talking that takes place in battle.  Worst thing with what happened last night - opponents will try even harder to get him to react.
And he won't disappoint.  He'll always rise to the bait because he's a brat that's got a lot of growing up  to do.  A very talented brat, but a brat nonetheless.  I don't expect him to have much success in the NFL.

Valleysports

Ha ha - that's what y'all said after his first season in the SEC.  Now it's "Sumlins offense works, no matter who's the QB".  Good Stuff!

Valleysports

The best thing, for Manziel, would be to sit behind a veteran for 3 yrs, like Mantooth and Mallet have - both behind Brady.  Although Mallet is a 3rd stringer now, endanger of getting cut.  His lack of intensity probably comes from the UofMV!

True Fan

Still got the merchandising.

bleudog

August 22, 2014, 05:40:19 am #15 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:23:17 pm by bleudog
Quote from: True Fan on August 21, 2014, 09:04:32 pm
Still got the merchandising.

Johnny Finger wouldn't have been politically correct.  :-)

Based on the schedule, most of the talking heads have Cleveland starting out 0-fer no matter who starts.  They have Johnny starting after week 3 or 4.  That coincides with when the schedule gets a little easier.  So he could come in and look like a savior. 

zebradynasty

Quote from: Rulesman on August 20, 2014, 07:52:58 am

I agree! He better learn there is a difference in being confident and cocky...the thing is he may not last in the NFL long enough to find out!

Valleysports

Anybody want to make a wager on these predictions?

Breitontime

I'm with you, Valley. He's going to he around for a while.

Valleysports

August 24, 2014, 01:18:02 pm #19 Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:34:22 pm by Valleysports
"Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning reached his flash point in the second quarter.  He said 'F me,'" Swearinger explained."

"That's what you want to see from a leader, to show some fire emotion and passion. It reignited a lit fire," Vasquez said. "It shows he's not going to back down."

Football's Golden Boy - setting a great example!  ;D

Mr_Deb

August 25, 2014, 09:29:20 pm #20 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:48:14 pm by devil_kid
It's gotta suck being a cleveland fan I mean you have a fan base that is one of a kind that never gets any reciprocity. Why they traded Trent Richardson a solid franchise back I have no idea, it makes about as much sense as drafting Tim Couch.. and now Manziel.

The NFL would be better with a team like the Browns at the top.

Lionheart88

An argument for promotion and relegation if there ever was one.  If we had viable minor leagues for the NFL, anyway.

bdubyab60

Quote from: devil_kid on August 25, 2014, 09:29:20 pm
It's gotta suck being a cleveland fan I mean you have a fan base that is one of kind that never gets any reciprocity. Why they traded Trent Richardson a solid franchise back I have no idea, it makes about as much sense as drafting Tim Couch.. and now Manziel.

Richardson, solid franchise back?

bdubyab60

And Manziel will be fine if injuries done pile form him having to run for his life the entire game.

Valleysports

I just watched that Cleveland vs Rams game - Manziel looked a whole lot better.  Unfortunately Hoyer didn't - Manziel is going to end up starting way too soon.  But Cleveland has a whole lot bigger problems than QB!

Mr_Deb

Quote from: bdubyab60 on August 25, 2014, 10:24:41 pm
It's gotta suck being a cleveland fan I mean you have a fan base that is one of a kind that never gets any reciprocity. Why they traded Trent Richardson a solid franchise back I have no idea, it makes about as much sense as drafting Tim Couch.. and now Manziel.

He ran for a 1000 yards and 11 TDs as a rookie with the dawgs for crying out loud.

Heck he aint exactly adrian peterson but he's not exactly the guy below either:

cuckoobird

Quote from: devil_kid on August 26, 2014, 01:47:43 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on August 25, 2014, 10:24:41 pm

He ran for a 1000 yards and 11 TDs as a rookie with the dawgs for crying out loud.

Heck he aint exactly adrian peterson but he's not exactly the guy below either:

This goob had the world in the palm of his hand and peed it all away

Mr_Deb

yeah people thought ryan was going to be next joe montana, pretty much unstoppable at washington state.

Valleysports

Maybe Cleveland will take Ryan Mallet!    ;D

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 18, 2014, 10:16:19 pmSumlin's offense will work regardless of who's plugged in at quarterback.

ahem

Valleysports

August 30, 2014, 07:21:48 am #30 Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:34:11 am by Valleysports
Kenny Hill wasn't recruited out of NWA!

However, I do agree with you Uncle Ivan - Coach Sumlin is definitely one of the many variables moving A&M to the Top of the Heap.

Valleysports

New England sending Mallet to Texans...............

Valleysports

Quote from: Rulesman on August 20, 2014, 07:52:58 am
Johnny is  going to be as much fun to watch, in the NFL, as he was college.

Lionheart88

It's easy to last all season when you spend most of it riding the pine.  I could last most of an NFL season if all I was doing was holding a clipboard.

Valleysports

Yep - like Mallet?  After 4 years, two games is all he could handle.  Being a Pocket Passer is dangerous.  Hopefully Johnny Football will get all the Haters hatin again  ;D  But I think the comment, about not lasting the season, was in reference to his public socializing, personality, etc..  Anyhow, I'll have to watch a Cleveland Game now...

Lionheart88

Their situations aren't comparable.  Mallet, a solid if undistinguished SEC QB who was drafted in the third round, was sitting behind Tom Brady, universally recognized as one of the best QBs in the game.  Manziel, a Heisman trophy winner and first round pick, was sitting behind undrafted journeyman Brian Hoyer.

Valleysports

Yeah - I think every one is aware of the obvious - you made the comment " it's easy to last all season when you spend most of it riding the pine and you could do it".   What's that got to do with who the starter is?  Is it more dangerous if your riding the pine behind Hoyer, than Brady?

Lionheart88

It seemed to me that in quoting Rulesman's post, you were pointing out that Manziel has lasted the the season so far, at least in a manner of speaking.  My point is that anybody can "last the season" when they barely play the first 13 games.  It doesn't take very much talent at all to sit the bench and be a backup.  If Manziel spends a whole season as a starter, it might be enough to begin to judge him on.

Valleysports

Yep I have no problem agreeing with everything you have said - only problem, for you, was me pointing out that Mallet also may have lasted 4 season's because he's barely played in 13 games as well.  Interesting how everyone wants Manziel to fail though - look at how many posters above, posted "Hoyer to start", "Johnny Clipboard", "such a punk",  now that he's starting - Crickets.   ;)  If Manziel has a bad game, the Haters' will come rushing back.  Same people who posted all the "Johnny Who?" after Kenny Hill had that 1st game against a bad S Carolina team -  "Anyone could be a Heisman QB in Sumlins Offense, even me".  ha ha

Lionheart88 - it's just my nature to pull for the underdog and remind people of their ill-will predictions later on. 

Valleysports

Just saw this posted somewhere else

ricepig

RT @sportspickle: Tebow and Manziel are going to be awesome together on the @SECNetwork

AirWarren

Haha.

Little big mouth punk getting his pay back for that mouth.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Valleysports on December 10, 2014, 05:16:35 am
Yep I have no problem agreeing with everything you have said - only problem, for you, was me pointing out that Mallet also may have lasted 4 season's because he's barely played in 13 games as well.  Interesting how everyone wants Manziel to fail though - look at how many posters above, posted "Hoyer to start", "Johnny Clipboard", "such a punk",  now that he's starting - Crickets.   ;)  If Manziel has a bad game, the Haters' will come rushing back.  Same people who posted all the "Johnny Who?" after Kenny Hill had that 1st game against a bad S Carolina team -  "Anyone could be a Heisman QB in Sumlins Offense, even me".  ha ha

Lionheart88 - it's just my nature to pull for the underdog and remind people of their ill-will predictions later on. 

aaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

(takes breath)

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

ha

Rulesman

NFL = Not For Long for Johnny Clipboard

fastdrop

zebradynasty

His style of play doesn't translate to the NFL UNLESS he changes into a Russell Wilson type QB. He uses his legs better than probably anyone right know. There is a difference between a mobile QB and Running QB. Mobile QB's can have an long NFL career Running QB's last less than 5 years on average!

Valleysports

If Manziel starts one more game - he'll be tied with Mallet....   I didn't see it, was watching SEC Storyline (Herschel Walkers Career).  Remember that's Manziel's first game as a Rookie - seen a lot of Pro Bowlers have terrible Rookie Season's.  Sure are a lot of "I don't pay attention to Johnny Manziel" people, paying attention to Johnny Manziel.  LOL 

Yes zebra - you've posted that 10 times now.

Valleysports

OK - watched the Manziel & Offensive Line, fail, high light above.  Even though he made some serious Rookie Mistakes - everything in this You Tube is just inexperience.  Hang on Haters - Hang on!   ;D 

Valleysports

Peyton Manning is DONE - 4 Interceptions against Cincinnati (3 in the 4th qtr) - are you kidding me?  That's as many as his Rookie Start.  And Manning has the best receiver's in football now.  Besides getting creamed by the Cincinnati Defense (the last two weeks), something else Manning & Manziel have in common is horrible rookie starts.  Manning's first game in the Pro's was horrible, like Elway, Aikman, and many others.  I think Cleveland strategical threw Manziel to the wolves (Cincinnati), to get him in the right place mentally (for off season).  Planned or not - best thing they could've done for him.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas