• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West Memphis Football

Started by w ballers, April 09, 2014, 10:43:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

w ballers

Hear Coach D, Will Be The Athletic Director Next Year So  They Will Be looking For A New Coach

loyal fan

Wow. This job will draw some great names

w ballers

ricepig

Jed Davis to WM?? Don't y'all get the best of Marn?

Earl is my Hero!!

Barry Lunney. One school town...

ricepig

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on April 09, 2014, 11:52:01 am
Barry Lunney. One school town...

Good point, looks like the "ship" will run through WM, now.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: w ballers on April 09, 2014, 10:43:13 am
Hear Coach D, Will Be The Athletic Director Next Year So  They Will Be looking For A New Coach

Whoa!!! Is this true? Who said that?

w ballers

its not offically open yet but i think it should be next week

w ballers

its not offically open yet it should be open by next week u know how west memphis do things but coach d want the ad job and he was the only one applied

zebradynasty

Rulesman

Quote from: w ballers on April 09, 2014, 03:50:54 pm
its not offically open yet but i think it should be next week
So what's up with Bill Cook?

Mr_Deb

Mr_Deb

Mr_Deb

LOL @ not wanting to lose to marn, anything but that George!!

Mr_Deb

2011   S. Samsel   15-0-0   3423 rushing yards

2011   S. Samsel   15-0-0   3417 passing yards

Ring Ring!

Hello, who is it?

BALANCE!

loyal fan

Will be VERY interesting if HC job opens

w ballers

They will Not let coach D. Do both And Bill Cook Will be The business manger which he was already doing this year

WM#1fanman

April 10, 2014, 10:36:38 am #17 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:44:40 am by WM#1fanman
Why don't they get Coach Uhiren? He did such a great job in Marion.   

WM#1fanman

I f

Re: West Memphis Football

« Reply #17 on: Today at 10:36:38 am »

Modify

Why don't they get Coach Uhiren? He did such a great job in Marion.   
Modify message

« Last Edit: Today at 10:44:40 am by WM#1fanman »

I forgot he would have to take a cut in pay.

Mr_Deb

In case Mr. Samsel record doesn't clear Mr. Rutherford is free!!

We got Scott Samsel and Devin Rutherford both without a HC position.

Recently both won their programs first state titles each within the largest classification, one with Olive Branch the other White Station.

Food for Thought... just sayin

Mr_Deb

Really a slap?

Boy, oh boy it's not like I'm not happy to hear that lanny is moving on to a more prestigious position.

He will be greatly missed out there. Greatly! We all should be happy that a door has been opened that will allow lanny an awesome opportunity as well as the football program.

Nothing lasts forever, people get older and would like to enjoy a different lifestyle, I mean it's nothing to want to burn a barn down about.

From what I've gathered from Bill Cook over the years Lanny is definitely on to something good!

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: devil_kid on April 10, 2014, 11:15:31 pm
Really a slap?

Boy, oh boy it's not like I'm not happy to hear that lanny is moving on to a more prestigious position.

He will be greatly missed out there. Greatly! We all should be happy that a door has been opened that will allow lanny an awesome opportunity as well as the football program.

Nothing lasts forever, people get older and would like to enjoy a different lifestyle, I mean it's nothing to want to burn a barn down about.

From what I've gathered from Bill Cook over the years Lanny is definitely on to something good!

I agree completely.

I was worried about Coach's health over the past few months. I was glad to hear that this was not a reason for him potentially pursuing the AD job.

Rumor is that he will also push to move away from the Wing-T, which keeps that other thread extremely relevant.

Having said that, it'll be weird that the 2014 Marion-West Memphis game will feature two head coaches that are not Mark Uhiren and Lanny Dauksch. The times they are a-changin'.

ricepig

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 11, 2014, 03:44:06 pm
Really a slap?

I agree completely.

I was worried about Coach's health over the past few months. I was glad to hear that this was not a reason for him potentially pursuing the AD job.

Rumor is that he will also push to move away from the Wing-T, which keeps that other thread extremely relevant.

Having said that, it'll be weird that the 2014 Marion-West Memphis game will feature two head coaches that are not Mark Uhiren and Lanny Dauksch. The times they are a-changin'.

Well, he better push to move from the wing-t, nobody would want to coach with the AD calling the plays.

JohnBarleycorn

Mr_Deb

Really a slap?

I agree completely.

Have a feeling this game is going to pull a crowd similar to the first couple matches!

I am hoping we can get back the cursive "devils" decal on the helmets!!!  That's one thing I hate lanny got rid of, love the new uni's just don't care much for the decals, most new coaches change a thing or two about the helmets anyway....

Quote from: ricepig on April 11, 2014, 03:58:25 pm
Well, he better push to move from the wing-t, nobody would want to coach with the AD calling the plays.

I think what he might be hinting at is the good 'ol WM folks who just thank dat dog gome WingT has too much tradition to let go...  and we want 32 trap until dag gome state championship wheels fall off!

apparently they haven't notice the sparks flying from the wheel brake

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: devil_kid on April 11, 2014, 11:25:04 pm
Really a slap?

I agree completely.

Have a feeling this game is going to pull a crowd similar to the first couple matches!

I am hoping we can get back the cursive "devils" decal on the helmets!!!  That's one thing I hate lanny got rid of, love the new uni's just don't care much for the decals, most new coaches change a thing or two about the helmets anyway....

Quote from: ricepig on April 11, 2014, 03:58:25 pm

I think what he might be hinting at is the good 'ol WM folks who just thank dat dog gome WingT has too much tradition to let go...  and we want 32 trap until dag gome state championship wheels fall off!

apparently they haven't notice the sparks flying from the wheel brake

I agree. I don't like the "WM" on the helmets now. However, I love the white helmet. Nothing tops a white football helmet to me, although the matte look is picking up some ground.

If Coach Dauksch truly rides off into the sunset to become AD and West Memphis hires a coach that runs a balanced offense, this will be the most interesting Marion-West Memphis game since probably 2010 which was the last time each time was pretty good AND the game was good.

Mr_Deb

white helmet is fine just the tacky decal  :P

yea I really hope this aint some sort of sick practical joke....

Mr_Deb

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 12, 2014, 02:46:36 am
I agree. I don't like the "WM" on the helmets now.

Blue pitchfork?

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: devil_kid on April 12, 2014, 04:45:13 pm
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 12, 2014, 02:46:36 am
I agree. I don't like the "WM" on the helmets now.

Blue pitchfork?

Or just a blue devil!!! It's one of the coolest mascots in the state. The old locker rooms with the blue devil on the building in the end zone is awesome but it's about the only place you can see it anymore.

Mr_Deb

Yep little blue man with his pitchfork that'll work  ;)

ricefarmer

anyone want to throw out some names for the next hc?

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: ricefarmer on April 13, 2014, 09:44:23 pm

I imagine West Memphis will get some top-shelf names. Big school, great facilities, lot of athletes, good tradition. What's not to like?

loyal fan

I still gotta know if the job is officially open till I speculate

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: loyal fan on April 14, 2014, 08:54:00 am

I know that Coach D has applied for the AD job. If he gets it then it'll officially be open.

Having said that, Coach is the only guy to apply for that job so....

w ballers

the school board will vote on it tomorrow to hire coach D. so yes it will be official open

ricepig

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 14, 2014, 12:55:24 pm
Quote from: loyal fan on April 14, 2014, 08:54:00 am

I know that Coach D has applied for the AD job. If he gets it then it'll officially be open.

Having said that, Coach is the only guy to apply for that job so....

Wow, nobody wants the WM AD job, probably be about as many apply for the HC job. I'm guessing the AD will lead the search for the new HC? Looks like the wing-t lives on.

w ballers

well everbody knew lanny was getting the ad job so thats why nobody in our district applied so they still opening it up to the public to cover up

w ballers

i hear they might ask marcus haddock to come back if he wants it

WMWRECKINGCREW

Let me start by saying if this is true and coach takes the AD job he should open the head coach job up to a open fair process. We have to get this right.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: w ballers on April 14, 2014, 03:28:26 pm

More Wing-T? Would he change the offense or maybe hire a different offensive coordinator?

I'm not sure I see the wisdom in sticking with the ground-and-pound.

4.1forty

First spread coach to get there will be the mayor

Mr_Deb

Quote from: w ballers on April 14, 2014, 03:28:26 pm

Quote from: WMWRECKINGCREW on April 14, 2014, 07:41:34 pm
Let me start by saying if this is true and coach takes the AD job he should open the head coach job up to a open fair process. We have to get this right.

As a matter of fact it should be fair.... Haddock is not the best candidate for the job.

Mr_Deb

david duke?

Mr_Deb

marionbluedevil if you can help me out I'm trying to remember the RB #11 from marn a couple years back, was a sophomore and moving about the field like a big cat on us!

gave our boys ALL they wanted....  didn't hear from him after the sophomore season, thought for sure he was definitely the next big thing.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: devil_kid on April 14, 2014, 10:28:25 pm
marionbluedevil if you can help me out I'm trying to remember the RB #11 from marn a couple years back, was a sophomore and moving about the field like a big cat on us!

gave our boys ALL they wanted....  didn't hear from him after the sophomore season, thought for sure he was definitely the next big thing.

CJ Garrett! Had a great sophomore season, was underutilized (to say the least) in his junior year, transferred to Earle for his senior year and almost carried the Bulldogs to a state title this year. They lost in the semifinals to Charleston.

Great player. Total warrior. Fun to watch.

Mr_Deb

Isn't this suppose to be the big day?

gonna let 'ol devil have all the fun?

Mr_Deb

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 15, 2014, 12:23:58 am

CJ Garrett! Had a great sophomore season, was underutilized (to say the least) in his junior year, transferred to Earle for his senior year and almost carried the Bulldogs to a state title this year. They lost in the semifinals to Charleston.

marn has had some good RBs will give them that.

Mr_Deb

April 15, 2014, 11:27:06 pm #47 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:30:23 pm by devil_kid
Quote from: devil_kid on April 14, 2014, 10:24:11 pm

david duke?

Five Blind Boys of Mississippi?

Jeff Berry...?

Ronnie Mislap?

Marcus Haddock ???

Stevie Wonder?

Peter Brimelow...??

How about a solid christian guy, Morris Gulett?

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: devil_kid on April 15, 2014, 11:27:06 pm
Quote from: devil_kid on April 14, 2014, 10:24:11 pm

david duke?

Five Blind Boys of Mississippi?

Jeff Berry...?

Ronnie Mislap?

Marcus Haddock ???

Stevie Wonder?

Peter Brimelow...??

How about a solid christian guy, Morris Gulett?

If they give me the job then I'll hire you too. Can you teach school at all?

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: devil_kid on April 15, 2014, 11:21:42 pm
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 15, 2014, 12:23:58 am

marn has had some good RBs will give them that.

He was a good one. Fell out of favor with Coach U though and had to move on. Kinda sad.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas