• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Weight Meet in jeopardy

Started by slowntheMUD, January 22, 2014, 09:35:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

slowntheMUD

This is forwarded....

I have had some guys asking about the State Weightmeet.  I am in the process of trying to find a venue to have the meet.  We are under some construction here so I am having to move it.  I hope to have a date by next week.  I will send out the information as soon as I have a date and place. 

I got bad news from Arkansas Tech.  They are not going to let us host the weight meet there. I am looking for suggestions as to where we can host the meet.  Please email me if you have or know a place we can host the meet.  We need to find a place soon or we are not going to be able to have the meet this year. 

Jeff Holt
Head Football Coach and Athletic Coordinator
Russellville High School

Valleysports

What's an Athletic Coordinator?

Need to find someone who knows about weight lifting and has a passion for it.  High School, Jr High, Old Jr High, Armory, give me a break!

Valleysports

New High School Gym construction just started, all though not much has been done.  Where was the meet held last year? I think there will be more enthusiasm about it, from Russellville, in the near future. 

Lionheart88

What's a state weight meet?  Some sort of weightlifting conference or seminar or something?

Valleysports

Schools come from all over Arkansas and compete in a weight lifting competition.  Kinda like a track meet. 

bleudog

January 27, 2014, 07:20:46 pm #5 Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:04:19 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Lionheart88 on January 27, 2014, 02:58:58 pm
What's a state weight meet?  Some sort of weightlifting conference or seminar or something?

Here's an old thread about earlier meets:  CLICK HERE

slowntheMUD

Forwarded from email

We have finally settled on a place for this years state weightmeet.  Dover has volunteered to help us host the meet.  It will be April 5th.  I will be getting more information to you soon.  Looking forward to a great meet. 

--
Jeff Holt
Head Football Coach and Athletic Coordinator
Russellville High School

Lionheart88

Quote from: Valleysports on January 27, 2014, 04:06:30 pm
Schools come from all over Arkansas and compete in a weight lifting competition.  Kinda like a track meet.
Is there some sort of governing body that oversees it?  Weighlifting isn't a AAA-sanctioned sport, I know that.

slowntheMUD

Lionheart88

I'm just curious who runs it.  I ask folks the same for any sports that aren't run by the AAA.  Had the same questions for the folks down here putting together White Hall's Bass Fishing and Trap Shooting teams the last couple of years.  Likewise when a guy I know was telling me the school he works at participates in Archery, or a friend from Arkadelphia who was on their swim team.  None of those are AAA sports, so it makes me curious who's running the competition.

slowntheMUD

EVENT:​22st Annual High School Weightlifting Championship

DATE:​April 5th

TIME:  The weigh in will begin at 7:45 a.m. for those lifters qualifying for a weight class the day of the meet.  We will only weight lifters that are border line on qualifying for a weight class.  If you are sure your lifter qualifies for his weight class then there is no need to have him weigh in.  Coaches will meet at 8:15 with a lifters meeting shortly after.  There will be a short warm up time immediately following the lifters meeting for about 15 minutes with lifting beginning at 9:00 a.m.  The meet should end between 12:00 and 1:00.

MEET LIFTS:  Power Clean and Bench Press

WEIGHT CLASSES:  123 and under, 124-132, 133-148, 149-165, 166-181, 182-198, 199-220, 221-242, 243-259, 260 and up.  To be in a certain weight class the lifter must weigh exactly the class limit or less.  Example:  anyone that weighs exactly 198 or less would be eligible for the 198 weight class.  If the lifter were 198.5 he would lift in the 220 weight class or higher.  Hopefully this will answer any questions about the weight classes.  ONLY ONE LIFTER PER WEIGHT CLASS FROM EACH SCHOOL.  If you bring an alternate, he will only lift if one of your lifter is unable to lift. 

COST:  The cost is $200.00 per team.  Please make checks payable to State Weight Meet.  If a lifter lifts as an individual it will cost $20.00.  Medals will be given to overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each weight class.  Teams will be ranked by the amount of weight lifted per team for all ten weight classes.  An overall team championship trophy will be given for the overall team champion and a team plaque will be given for team winners of each classification.  We will award team trophies in this manner.  The 7A and 6A classifications will be combined to compete for the 7A/6A state champion.  There will be a champion crowned in the 5A, 4A, 3A, and 2A classifications.   

REQUIREMENTS:​THE LIFTER IS REQUIRED TO BE ENTERED INTO THE CORRECT WEIGHT CLASS.  IF THE LIFTER IS PROTESTED AND FOUND TO BE ENTERED IN THE WRONG WEIGHT CLASS, IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION WILL RESULT.  IF THE LIFTER IS CLOSE TO BEING INELIGIBLE FOR A CLASS, WEIGH THE ATHLETE IN BEFORE THE MEET TO DECLARE HIM ELIGIBLE FOR THE WEIGHT CLASS.  DO NOT PUT YOUR LIFTER IN JEOPARDY OF BEING DISQUALIFIED BY FAILING TO PUT HIM IN THE CORRECT CLASS. 

Lifters in the 9th – 12th grade are eligible to participate. There will be no limit on 9th grade lifters.

DEADLINES:  For Preparation purposes, if you are planning to bring lifters to the state meet, we would appreciate it if you would call or email and let us know your school name by March 14th.  The only reason for this deadline is so that we can figure which schools will be participating and get an estimate on how many lifters to expect.  As far as an official deadline for getting us names and classes of lifters, we must receive names and weight classes by March 28th.  Please email or fax a TYPED list so there are no errors with names and weight classes.  Please include what classification your team will compete in. Hand written lists are too difficult to read. If you have a change in your lifters please email me the change as soon as you know.  It is much easier to change the list before April 5th.  It doesn't matter how many changes you make just please email me the changes as soon as possible. 

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL MATT WARRICK OR JEFF HOLT AT RUSSELLVILLE HIGH SCHOOL AT (479)968-9253.  OUR FAX NUMBER IS (479) 890-0245.  My email is jeff.holt@russellvilleschools.net. Matt Warrick's email is matt.warrick@russellvilleschools.net. We look forward to seeing you at the meet. 

Thank You

Jeff Holt
Head Football Coach
Russellville High School

bleudog

I understand Junction City won the 2A and finished as overall runner up. 

Anybody out there have full results?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 05, 2014, 01:51:14 pm
I'm just curious who runs it.  I ask folks the same for any sports that aren't run by the AAA.  Had the same questions for the folks down here putting together White Hall's Bass Fishing and Trap Shooting teams the last couple of years.  Likewise when a guy I know was telling me the school he works at participates in Archery, or a friend from Arkadelphia who was on their swim team.  None of those are AAA sports, so it makes me curious who's running the competition.

Swimming is a AAA sanctioned sport now...might have not been then. http://www.ahsaa.org/sports-activities

ricefarmer

Quote from: bleudog on April 05, 2014, 03:01:07 pm

^^

Dr. Defense

6A/7A Rogers Heritage ( I think)
5A Wynne
4A Booneville
3A Ftn Lake
2A JC

Overall Wynne beat JC by 30 lbs

4.1forty

Do many schools compete in this anymore?  just curious how many per class or has the format changed? 

when we competed we would have the some of the strongest guys but was only able to fill half the weight classes so we be way behind in team pts. 

bleudog

Quote from: Dr. Defense on April 14, 2014, 12:07:42 pm

6A/7A Rogers Heritage ( I think)
5A Wynne
4A Booneville
3A Ftn Lake
2A JC

Overall Wynne beat JC by 30 lbs

Here's a little more results details from the 2A football board:

CLICK HERE

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas