• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tiger stadium top 3 for GAC championship site

Started by 2bhsboys, October 30, 2013, 06:04:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

2bhsboys

October 30, 2013, 06:04:01 pm Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:06:30 pm by 2bhsboys
Great for the city of Bville if they are chosen.

http://greatamericanconference.com/news/2013/10/30/FB_1030133445.aspx

dtrainsdad

Do you have a link or tell me where to find the story?

urhog

I guess they didn't check out the visitors locker room.

dtrainsdad

Quote from: 2bhsboys on October 30, 2013, 06:04:01 pm
Great for the city of Bville if they are chosen.

http://greatamericanconference.com/news/2013/10/30/FB_1030133445.aspx

Thanks.  Good luck to the city.  If they are selected, I would make it a point to go to the game.

ff5ff5

It's not the GAC championship... It's the DII national championship

x14113

It's up against KC's Sporting Park and the stalwart Shoals.  The decision should prove interesting.

KC can handle all the logistics you can throw at it, but Sporting Park is by far the largest venue listed.  Take your average DIICG crowd in Braly, and put it here...it'll look like a high school game.

Florence has the experience and tradition going for it, but on top of the fact that accessibility to the area hasn't improved as much over the years, UNA is leaving DII after this season.  How would the committee feel about keeping a vital game at the home field of a school that's basically ditching them?

That leaves Bentonville with its quirks.  The area can handle the logistics the title game would require, is in a good location relative to the DII landscape, and its accessibility will improve over time.  The main thing to consider here is venue capacity.  On one hand, the average title game crowd should fill the place nicely, contributing to a more electric atmosphere.  OTOH, if a Pittsburg State or NWMOST makes it way here, the potential overflow might prove too much.

BTW, what is Tiger Stadium's official capacity?  I've seen both 6000 and 7000 listed.

SouthpawSensation

The word is that if Bentonville gets it, the hosts (Great American Conference and the Bentonville Convention and Visitors Bureau) will bring in temporary seating for the south end zone, enough to make it 10,000-12,000 in capacity.
The GAC commissioner loves Bentonville and Tiger Stadium. In a story in Northwest Arkansas Newspapers, he pointed out that he has first-hand experience of the place, since he called the Bentonville-Rogers game this year and last year's game between Bentonville and Fayetteville.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas