• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Like" if you think this will be a fun Friday in the NWA

Started by OPoraquê, October 27, 2012, 06:20:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OPoraquê

- Bennie vs. Fay will be fascinating regardless of who wins.  Two very good teams.

- Both Rogers high schools will be squaring off with winning records (that's never happened before, has it?).  Each will finish the season with a winning record.

- Both Springdale teams will face off.  If Springdale pulls the upset you have two 5-5 teams.  If H-B wins, that will make five 7AW teams with winning records at season's end, usually the mark of a good district year.

- SiS and VB will face off to see who at least gets their first 7A/6AW win.

- Highs predicted in mid-70s, clear, mid-50s lows - PERFECT football weather.

- ...and it's the Friday before national Election Day 2012.

Hoping everyone has a great night one way or the other.  :)

urhog

Quote from: OPoraquê on October 27, 2012, 06:20:10 pm
- Bennie vs. Fay will be fascinating regardless of who wins.  Two very good teams.

- Both Rogers high schools will be squaring off with winning records (that's never happened before, has it?).  Each will finish the season with a winning record.

- Both Springdale teams will face off.  If Springdale pulls the upset you have two 5-5 teams.  If H-B wins, that will make five 7AW teams with winning records at season's end, usually the mark of a good district year.

What's the capacity of Tiger Stadium, what is the largest crowd record and which game? Here's to hoping we break that record. I actually think Fay. will bring a good crowd. Kids are pumped. So am I.    Def. going early for a seat.

Baitshop

Quote from: urhog on October 27, 2012, 08:03:14 pm

What's the capacity of Tiger Stadium, what is the largest crowd record and which game? Here's to hoping we break that record. I actually think Fay. will bring a good crowd. Kids are pumped. So am I.    Def. going early for a seat.

Who are you trying to kid.....Fayetteville doesn't draw a good crowd for a home game.... ::)

ricepig

I would say Bennie-HarBer 2009?  I was there with my sons, we had played on Thursday night and came up for the Hog game. The place was packed, and it was four deep around the fence on the visitors side. I may have to come up early to check this one out.

Brian G

Fay packed BHS in '05 when Phillips ran for around 330.

urhog

Quote from: Baitshop on October 27, 2012, 08:05:59 pm

Who are you trying to kid.....Fayetteville doesn't draw a good crowd for a home game.... ::)
We have better crowds on the road than at home. Well, we can almost fill up the visitors bleachers so it seems that way. Except at bennie but they always seem to have some fans willing to help. Will BG make a road appearance?

Brian G

B.G. can't.  Busiest night of the year on the scoreboard and I'm almost a solo act.

Everyone needs to be careful crossing streets up there and do not fall for the "out of town" pricing concession stand.

OPoraquê

October 27, 2012, 08:18:52 pm #7 Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:22:58 pm by OPoraquê

urhog, as I recall there was a GREAT Fayetteville crowd in the regular season BHS/FHS 2010 game.  LOTS of fans and students from what I could gather.  FHS and Southside jammed the visitors stands that year.  Was glad to see it.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on October 27, 2012, 08:16:02 pm
B.G. can't.  Busiest night of the year on the scoreboard and I'm almost a solo act.

Everyone needs to be careful crossing streets up there and do not fall for the "out of town" pricing concession stand.

Busiest night?  A good percentage of the games will be played on Thursday night, another deflection.

Baitshop

Don't kid yourself....BG will be at home dipping his Oreo in DP.....

Wait...did I say that right..??..??

Brian G

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2012, 08:23:01 pm

Busiest night?  A good percentage of the games will be played on Thursday night, another deflection.
Online highs occur on Friday's.  Check it yourself.  I'm not thrilled with Thursday games as it's double work.  Overall, scores come in better due to the split though which means more updates to post.

urhog

It's the Jerryworld of Arkansas High School football. You know the food and drink will cost you.

Smithian

urhog

Quote from: Smithian on October 27, 2012, 08:47:53 pm
Dislike.
You and bait will be busy enough deciding who will be the Champion of North Sebastian County.

Baitshop

urhog

DP would like to thank DixiePrep for the 31 point score prediction against HB. It was a great motivational tool in his "No Respect" pregame speech.

Baitshop

Quote from: urhog on October 27, 2012, 09:18:20 pm

DP would like to thank DixiePrep for the 31 point score prediction against HB. It was a great motivational tool in his "No Respect" pregame speech.

Chris Hill.....Durrell Patton....it was a no-win situation for DixiePrep...

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on October 27, 2012, 08:31:15 pm
Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2012, 08:23:01 pm

Online highs occur on Friday's.  Check it yourself.  I'm not thrilled with Thursday games as it's double work.  Overall, scores come in better due to the split though which means more updates to post.

49 games on Thursday and 52 on Friday? I would think the first night of the playoffs would be the highest numbers. Hey, I appreciate your work, it's nice to get scores during the game you are attending.

Brian G

Friday is the finish line.  People who are normally not online are because they finished Thursday.

And the first week of the playoffs tends to have more online but less posts.

Billyo62

October 28, 2012, 06:32:59 pm #19 Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:34:37 pm by Billyo62
Quote from: B.G. on October 28, 2012, 06:18:43 pm
Friday is the finish line.  People who are normally not online are because they finished Thursday.

And the first week of the playoffs tends to have more online but less posts.

BG- Did you notice there is no score for Bentonville-Springdale game on the FF  7a/6a scoreboard  it's on the main board, no biggie just FYI

Spaulding

I watched 1st half of B'ville @ S'dale game then went to catch the 2nd half of Fay game.  After listening to Rick Shaffer almost have a heart attack regarding the officials - I was disappointed in the lack of attendance at Fayetteville.

Friday will be packed in B'ville.  Many Little Rock folks are coming up early for Hog game and will help Fayetteville represent their side.  Bentonville side will be packed for Fay just like it is for Siloam.

And yes, kids are pumped.  In a good way.  I think there is a lot of respect for each other.  I hope Brooks Ellis is ok.

urhog

Quote from: Spaulding on October 29, 2012, 08:08:07 am

I watched 1st half of B'ville @ S'dale game then went to catch the 2nd half of Fay game.  After listening to Rick Shaffer almost have a heart attack regarding the officials - I was disappointed in the lack of attendance at Fayetteville.

Friday will be packed in B'ville.  Many Little Rock folks are coming up early for Hog game and will help Fayetteville represent their side.  Bentonville side will be packed for Fay just like it is for Siloam.

And yes, kids are pumped.  In a good way.  I think there is a lot of respect for each other.  I hope Brooks Ellis is ok.
And that was the best crowd we've had all year.
Agree, plenty of respect.
Everyone is good to go!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas