• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Geno's"

Started by OPoraquê, October 14, 2012, 03:26:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OPoraquê

October 14, 2012, 03:26:01 pm Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 03:27:39 pm by OPoraquê
Just a footnote now that my week is up (Sun-Sat).

- Rockhurst > Jefferson City (Friday the 12th) > (a banged up) Fay early in the season.

Broken Arrow > Muskogee, big, a couple of weeks back.  Fay > Muskogee, same.

(Earlier in the season) South Panola > Olive Branch > Memphis University School > (a banged up) Fay

FYI, doesn't tell me Fay may not beat or even cream Bennie at regular season's end...each team will be very fired up.  Instead, the whole lower mid-America region is turning into a "six degrees of separation from the Arkansas 7A/6A West"...some of these coaches are doing everything they can to get the best teams in the region.  The next logical step will be either to play some of the top D/FW schools like Union and Jenks did west of the border, or go to the "iron triangle" of Indianapolis(?)-Louisville-Cincinnati and try to schedule a game vs one of the elite private schools there that are always beating up on each other throughout the Ohio River Valley.

- BTW, speaking of rushing records on the other thread, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but after Friday vs. Heritage TW now has, I believe, 57 career rushing TDs, 10 short of the "Arkansas big school" record held by (both, I believe) D'Arrius Howard and Dedric Poole.  I believe I read that in the paper correctly.  Good GRIEF, how many "Arkansas big school" records has that young man been around these past three seasons?

He may not be in the same league as those guys but Bentonville wouldn't be ranked #6 in one poll this week without him.  Hope he stays healthy for the remainder of the season.

Brian G

Billyo62

Love the O'Porky Updates... nice job..  ;D

OPoraquê

Quote from: B.G. on October 14, 2012, 03:30:01 pm
Robert Shields?

C,mon, Beege, I tried to COMPLIMENT your team.  8)

ricepig

Quote from: OPoraquê on October 14, 2012, 03:48:07 pm
Quote from: B.G. on October 14, 2012, 03:30:01 pm
Robert Shields?

C,mon, Beege, I tried to COMPLIMENT your team.  8)

Just like Robert would have, however I doubt you have written a coffee shop teenage bestseller  thus, you're no Robert Shields.

urhog

12/03/11 around 3:00.       Fayetteville < Bentonville.
12/03/11 just a little later.  Fayetteville > Bentonville.

What a fun day!

Brian G

Where is the camera shot of the other side?

Smithian

O'Porky starts some strange threads

Brian G

Quote from: Smithian on October 14, 2012, 05:17:28 pm
Makes me wonder if we could install a breathlizer before people post.

ricepig

That's a polite way to put it.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on October 14, 2012, 05:18:34 pm
Makes me wonder if we could install a breathlizer before people post.

Lanny definitely needs one for Hogville, that, or an IQ test.

Earl is my Hero!!

I think it is his subtle way of pointing out he went a whole week without posting stats which earns him a large pizza from Geno's, courtesy of our friend Bait...

ricepig

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 14, 2012, 05:30:25 pm
I think it is his subtle way of pointing out he went a whole week without posting stats which earns him a large pizza from Geno's, courtesy of our friend Bait...

Are these pizzas covered with anchovies, leftover bait?

Billyo62

I for one love O'Porky's threads.. sometimes It takes a minute to digest and then you say wow... who would have thunk it!

7AFBFAN

People would call me crazy if I posted that stuff.  Well more people would call me crazy. ;D

Baitshop

Quote from: OPoraquê on October 14, 2012, 03:26:01 pm
Just a footnote now that my week is up (Sun-Sat).

- Rockhurst > Jefferson City (Friday the 12th) > (a banged up) Fay early in the season.

Broken Arrow > Muskogee, big, a couple of weeks back.  Fay > Muskogee, same.

(Earlier in the season) South Panola > Olive Branch > Memphis University School > (a banged up) Fay

FYI, doesn't tell me Fay may not beat or even cream Bennie at regular season's end...each team will be very fired up.  Instead, the whole lower mid-America region is turning into a "six degrees of separation from the Arkansas 7A/6A West"...some of these coaches are doing everything they can to get the best teams in the region.  The next logical step will be either to play some of the top D/FW schools like Union and Jenks did west of the border, or go to the "iron triangle" of Indianapolis(?)-Louisville-Cincinnati and try to schedule a game vs one of the elite private schools there that are always beating up on each other throughout the Ohio River Valley.

- BTW, speaking of rushing records on the other thread, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but after Friday vs. Heritage TW now has, I believe, 57 career rushing TDs, 10 short of the "Arkansas big school" record held by (both, I believe) D'Arrius Howard and Dedric Poole.  I believe I read that in the paper correctly.  Good GRIEF, how many "Arkansas big school" records has that young man been around these past three seasons?

He may not be in the same league as those guys but Bentonville wouldn't be ranked #6 in one poll this week without him.  Hope he stays healthy for the remainder of the season.

Double or nothing...??..??

OPoraquê

You mean TWO Geno's pizzas from CV's for one more week (a good ole genuine "Southside" Fort Smith grocery store if there ever is one, if its still there...)?

Don't see any records that will fall between now and past Van Buren, unless the Benton County Daily Record dredges up yet another statistic... ;)

ricepig

You could keep this up until Championship Weekend in LR and Ole Bait would have to provide enough pizza to feed all of FF. Just think of all the records that Bennie would have attained by then.

Billyo62

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2012, 08:46:29 pm
You could keep this up until Championship Weekend in LR and Ole Bait would have to provide enough pizza to feed all of FF. Just think of all the records that Bennie would have attained by then.

I would rather have a week's pass for all you can eat at Benson's.... Bait built that after the BillyO model of I like FOOD!  heck with the Pizza talk... 

Brian G

Go clean the bathroom.  Customers are complaining.

Billyo62

Quote from: B.G. on October 14, 2012, 09:05:41 pm
Go clean the bathroom.  Customers are complaining.

LOL.. 

Billyo62

Anyone notice that Fayettefail is never involved in any wagers on here!

OPoraquê

Bill,

You know FF's gotten slow when a post like this garners 21 responses within a few hours.

I miss the "old" 7A West.  :(

Billyo62

Quote from: OPoraquê on October 14, 2012, 09:28:46 pm
Bill,

You know FF's gotten slow when a post like this garners 21 responses within a few hours.

YEP... 

urhog

Quote from: OPoraquê on October 14, 2012, 09:28:46 pm
Bill,

The "old" 7A West breakup is not the reason for the lack of posts on here.

Billyo62

The reason people don't post is Because they think Bentonville is the Battleship no one can compete with and are just waiting for the big boat to go down... sorry but we are 53-4 the last 5 years and 32-1 the last three years..  Bring it and sink it..  then talk smack!

urhog

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 14, 2012, 09:39:16 pm
The reason people don't post is Because they think Bentonville is the Battleship no one can compete with and are just waiting for the big boat to go down... sorry but we are 53-4 the last 5 years and 32-1 the last three years..  Bring it and sink it..  then talk smack!

Billyo62

Quote from: urhog on October 14, 2012, 10:15:27 pm

You just made my point!

Billyo62

FYI: Bentonville is Ranked #6 in the country... you gotta knock us off. 

urhog

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 14, 2012, 10:20:17 pm

You just made my point!

XX

Billyo62

Quote from: urhog on October 14, 2012, 10:27:35 pm

You just made my point!

XX

You know Bentonville is better than the puppies!

urhog

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 14, 2012, 10:30:13 pm
Quote from: urhog on October 14, 2012, 10:27:35 pm

You just made my point!

XX

You know Bentonville is better than the puppies!

You just made my point! And no, they're not.

urhog

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 14, 2012, 10:25:30 pm
FYI: Bentonville is Ranked #6 in the country... you gotta knock us off.
Don't forget the Defending State Champion......Runner Up!

Sect103

People don't post because they want to interrupt Bentonville's love affair with Bentonville.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Sect103 on October 14, 2012, 11:13:29 pm
People don't post because they want to interrupt Bentonville's love affair with Bentonville.

Dang it!

You broke my concentration, now I have to start over...

OPoraquê

B.G.,

This is JUST for you.

Today Bennie '12 did something neither of its immediate predecessors (nor, I'm guessing, ANY Bentonville High football team) has ever done...they made the USA Today Super 25 (coming in at #20).  (Funny, I'm not seeing the BHS Tiger logo - maybe they couldn't find one  :) ).  Last NWA team to make this list was Har-Ber '10 at the first few weeks of that season.  I'm guessing Shiloh did as well.

This comes after the worst Bentonville team in awhile moved up 1 space in the ESPN Top 25 (big whoop, I know) and (this will make you smile, Beege) dropped inexplicably 8 slots in Rivals this morning.  (Maybe they're thinking in advance how badly Fay is going to spank the Tigers and are trying to not look as foolish by dropping them in advance?)

Nonetheless, this is the first time BHS have ever been simultaneously in the USA Today, ESPN and Rivals top 25 simultaneously, this at a cumulative rank of 22.  This won't last forever.  Congratulations, Coach Lunney and company, for doing this with a graduation-depleted team...hope ya'll can finish well.

Billyo62

Quote from: OPoraquê on October 15, 2012, 01:08:50 pm
B.G.,

This is JUST for you.

Today Bennie '12 did something neither of its immediate predecessors (nor, I'm guessing, ANY Bentonville High football team) has ever done...they made the USA Today Super 25 (coming in at #20).  (Funny, I'm not seeing the BHS Tiger logo - maybe they couldn't find one  :) ).  Last NWA team to make this list was Har-Ber '10 at the first few weeks of that season.  I'm guessing Shiloh did as well.

This comes after the worst Bentonville team in awhile moved up 1 space in the ESPN Top 25 (big whoop, I know) and (this will make you smile, Beege) dropped inexplicably 8 slots in Rivals this morning.  (Maybe they're thinking in advance how badly Fay is going to spank the Tigers and are trying to not look as foolish by dropping them in advance?)

Nonetheless, this is the first time BHS have ever been simultaneously in the USA Today, ESPN and Rivals top 25 simultaneously, this at a cumulative rank of 22.  This won't last forever.  Congratulations, Coach Lunney and company, for doing this with a graduation-depleted team...hope ya'll can finish well.

Awesome for the Tigers... let's just win out and none of that will matter!

OPoraquê

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 15, 2012, 01:11:31 pm
B.G.,

This is JUST for you.

Awesome for the Tigers... let's just win out and none of that will matter!

You got that right, Billyo!

urhog

B.G.,

This is JUST for you.

The Purplepups hope you make it to #1 in all the polls before the big showdown.
Just don't preorder any "We are #1 in all the polls" rings before you do. You might have to cancel that order. Do they give back the deposit when cancelling ring orders?  ;)

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: urhog on October 15, 2012, 02:07:14 pm
B.G.,

This is JUST for you.

Just don't preorder any "We are #1 in all the polls" rings before you do. You might have to cancel that order. Do they give back the deposit when cancelling ring orders?  ;)

IDK, let's call Rogers and ask...

urhog

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 15, 2012, 02:07:58 pm
B.G.,

This is JUST for you.

I don't think you have to go that far east to find out.

Billyo62

B.G.,

This is JUST for you.

What big showdown, you mean the chance to ruin an undefeated season at week #10, Okay, when was the last time you beat us in the regular season?

OPoraquê

B.G.,

This is JUST for you.

FWIW, were that an option everything I see tells me that's the LAST thing Lunney would do.  The rest of this season will be an adventure with Fay, possibly Fay again, a resurgent H-B, Little Rock's best (whomever).  I've been uneasy about most of the games, though strangely BHS has done better in every one of them than I thought.

Both FHS and BHS will be sky high three Fridays from now.  I expect a very good game from two schools that want to win it all and have the capability to do so.

urhog

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 15, 2012, 02:13:53 pm
B.G.,

This is JUST for you.

What big showdown, you mean the chance to ruin an undefeated season at week #10, Okay, when was the last time you beat us in the regular season?

No, I mean the chance for the Defending State Runner Up to beat the Defending State Champion.

Probably about halfway back to when you guys voted not to play with the big boys.

Billyo62

Quote from: urhog on October 15, 2012, 02:50:46 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on October 15, 2012, 02:13:53 pm
B.G.,

This is JUST for you.

No, I mean the chance for the Defending State Runner Up to beat the Defending State Champion.

Probably about halfway back to when you guys voted not to play with the big boys.
I wasn't here then, they got Bigger and better the day I arrived in Bentonville!  ;)

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: urhog on October 15, 2012, 02:10:45 pm
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 15, 2012, 02:07:58 pm
B.G.,

This is JUST for you.

I don't think you have to go that far east to find out.

$hiloh?

OPoraquê

Hey, one thing about that USA Today ranking.  Not saying it's warranted, but they've got BHS as having the #1 defense in the land at this point in time, 10/15/12.  Fay and the others will do their dead level best to prove that wrong (and despite the tough teams Bennie's faced AA will be the best QB they will see, and they WILL see him).

This will be fun...

Billyo62

Quote from: OPoraquê on October 15, 2012, 02:59:16 pm
Hey, one thing about that USA Today ranking.  Not saying it's warranted, but they've got BHS as having the #1 defense in the land at this point in time, 10/15/12.  Fay and the others will do their dead level best to prove that wrong (and despite the tough teams Bennie's faced AA will be the best QB they will see, and they WILL see him).

This will be fun...

Wow, Our starting defense has given up 3 TD's and a field goal in 7 games...not to shabby!  and the most points we have given up is 10.

OPoraquê

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 15, 2012, 03:02:30 pm
Quote from: OPoraquê on October 15, 2012, 02:59:16 pm

This will be fun...

Wow, Our starting defense has given up 3 TD's and a field goal in 7 games...not to shabby!  and the most points we have given up is 10.

Rough calculations are that this is one point (total) better defensively than last year, which itself was a few points better in defense vs. 2010.  Our 8th game last year was the Northside shootout...depending upon what VB does, the '12/'11 defensive point difference after 8 games could get even more stark.  We'll see.

ricepig

Dang, I guess I was dreaming on getting another pizza for a FF party, too much pressure on O'Porky to post stats.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas