• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jasper Girls

Started by Harrybear, March 02, 2012, 10:50:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Harrybear

Whats the low down on the Jasper girls position.

I Scout

The Jasper girls job may be the best  small school girls opening this year. They have great fans and young talent, with Kingston moving out of the conference after this season Jasper girls should be the best in the new conference. I have heard that Jasper would like to hire Mike Jackson from Acorn but I am not sure that he would move north. Jackson and Jasper supt worked together at Van Cove years ago so I guess it is possible. Jackson's daughter is the real deal!

Basketballfan13

I don't think Jackson will leave Acorn. Being a Cove graduate and living his whole life there I don't think he'd do it. Plus having his youngest daughter being an absolute stud in track and cross-country helping Acorn bring in 3 state championships in the past two years...probably a 4th after this track season. And I believe his wife teaches in the elementary. It could happen but I wouldn't bet on it. I think the job at Jasper would be a great job for anyone, if they did get Jackson they would have a great coach! Where is the previous coach going?

I Scout

I hear that Jackson has said no thanks. I also have heard that Jasper may try to sweetin the pot $$$$$ to see if he might have a change of heart.  Girls coach (Crawford) retired after 28 years of coaching, with the last 10+ being at Jasper.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas