• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

STATS and the Democrat Gazette!!!

Started by bbb4, September 13, 2010, 07:29:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bbb4

Can anyone tell me who is resonsible for getting team/player stats each week to the Democrat Gazette?  I've noticed last week and times in the past that a few players from our town had better or equal to stats of the players listed in the Top Performers, but were never mentioned.  Just wanted insight as to how that all works and if coaches are the only ones allowed to relay stats.

Panther87

The teams coaches are the ones that turn in the stats, so if your players aren't in there its because your coach didn't take the time to do it.

bbb4

That is what I figured.  That is unfortunate especially when you are a small school and some kids who are doing well just want to the opportunity to get noticed with the hopes of playing in college somewhere! 

Thanks

mlt

Some schools have people delegated to call in scores and stats after a game to the newspaper, radio, and tv stations, but  I think the Democrat Gazette specifically asks coaches to call in stats each week.  I don't know if the DG will accept stats from anyone but coaches, but maybe you could find out and if the coach at your school doesn't mind he could have someone call the stats in.  Ultimately, though, it is the coaches responsibility.

bbb4

Mr. Beautiful

I have had people call the scores in for me all they wanted was both teams who was home and away, score by quarter, who scored in double figures, records for both teams (if you knew the other teams) and that was all they asked for nothing mentioned about having to be a head coach. Being a head coach if a parent or booster asked if they could look at the book and call the scores in for me that would take a huge responsibility off my plate.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas