• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Absolutely tragic news.

Started by SandLizard04, April 10, 2010, 09:15:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SandLizard04

My heart absolutely aches for Poland right now.

I was there not even two weeks ago.

Baitshop

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on April 10, 2010, 09:15:03 am

For those of us who don't give a rats butt about Poland on a regular basis, would you like to expound on what has driven you into this grief stricken abyss...??..??..??

SandLizard04

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/04/10/poland.president.plane.crash/index.html?hpt=T1

The Polish presidential plane has crashed in Russia. All 96 on board are dead.

They included the president, the first lady, the head of the army, the head of national security, the deputy parliament speaker, the deputy foreign minister, the head of the national bank, and top presidential aides, among others.

Texarkana_Piggie

oh my goodness!  that is tragic!  how sad for them!

Romeo

Man that's tough. Imagine the United States losing what Poland just lost. Great country to visit also. Poland is one of the best kept secrets in Europe for its scenery and women.

Hoghead

God bless them all. So tragic.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: Baitshop on April 10, 2010, 09:17:56 am

For those of us who don't give a rats butt about Poland on a regular basis, would you like to expound on what has driven you into this grief stricken abyss...??..??..??

Do you, like, watch the news or have a homepage?

Baitshop

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on April 10, 2010, 05:51:21 pm

Actually, I own and/or operate four businesses, I am putting a daughter through grad school, and have a son who I will begin putting through grad school in January. I'm on the Board of Directors for two local organizations and am on the Executive Committee of another. I donate copious amounts of time to Church League Baseball, the American Cancer Society, the Ft. Smith Girls Shelter and anything that has to do with Southside High School.

What I don't do is go to school 15 hours a week, play intramural sports, hang out with my buddies all weekend, and visit other countries on someone else's dime.....because of that, yeah, sometimes I miss stuff......

My most humble apologies to those described above.....we old farts must be such a burden to the intellectually superior, but responsibility and financially unburdened youth of America.....

Oh, and my condolenses to the good folks of Poland......a tragedy indeed...

Camelhump

Quote from: Baitshop on April 11, 2010, 04:48:01 am

What I don't do is go to school 15 hours a week, play intramural sports, hang out with my buddies all weekend, and visit other countries on someone else's dime.....because of that, yeah, sometimes I miss stuff......

Hahaaaha! Was that one "Across the Bow" or a "Direct Hit" (lol)! ;D

Scorp

Quote from: Camelhump on April 11, 2010, 07:23:54 am

AoC  .... do you, like, get it!!!!

rsvl_hogfan4

Actually, I own and/or operate four businesses, I am putting a daughter through grad school, and have a son who I will begin putting through grad school in January. I'm on the Board of Directors for two local organizations and am on the Executive Committee of another. I donate copious amounts of time to Church League Baseball, the American Cancer Society, the Ft. Smith Girls Shelter and anything that has to do with Southside High School.

My most humble apologies to those described above.....we old farts must be such a burden to the intellectually superior, but responsibility and financially unburdened youth of America.....

You think all college kids do that? You're pretty ignorant if you think that is the case.

It is funny you are taking a shot at people that are going to college like it is a bad thing.

fastdrop

Quote from: Camelhump on April 11, 2010, 07:23:54 am

As much as some of these kids are on FF....I doubt they have too many buddies or attend 15 hours of class. Daddy must be proud of them.

MHSGrad

This would never happen in the United state b/c we don't put all of our eggs in one basket... one very, fast moving, fast ballish basket...

Baitshop

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 11, 2010, 10:47:58 am

You think all college kids do that? You're pretty ignorant if you think that is the case.

It is funny you are taking a shot at people that are going to college like it is a bad thing.

Mister Hogfan4......I know exactly what college kids do.....I was in college.....I've put 2 of my own through college.....I helped put my younger brother through college.....I have 11 young men and women that work for me that are currently attending college....I have lunch every Friday with 9-12 other men who all have kids that are currently in college......some are very conscientious about their education.....some need someone else's foot up their butt most of the time....

So, yes, I think that I have an idea about what most college students are like. All of them...??  No...there are exceptions to every rule.....and as far as you contention that I am acting like education is a bad thing..??...you won't find that anywhere in my post....

Now as far as your comment about me being ignorant.......you may be right.....but, perhaps, you should hope that your education and arrogance towards someone who is actually productive in their community, will pay off for you as well as my ignorance has paid of for me, my family, and the community that I am fortunate enough to live in......

Call me when you become President of the United States.....aww, heck, call me when you have a wife, two kids, a mortgage, and two car payments......then we can reminisce about how ignorant us old farts are......

Now, don't you have an intramural softball game today....??

Coach Venny Slocombe

Ouch!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Baitshop on April 11, 2010, 02:46:06 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 11, 2010, 10:47:58 am

Mister Hogfan4......I know exactly what college kids do.....I was in college.....I've put 2 of my own through college.....I helped put my younger brother through college.....I have 11 young men and women that work for me that are currently attending college....I have lunch every Friday with 9-12 other men who all have kids that are currently in college......some are very conscientious about their education.....some need someone else's foot up their butt most of the time....

So, yes, I think that I have an idea about what most college students are like. All of them...??  No...there are exceptions to every rule.....and as far as you contention that I am acting like education is a bad thing..??...you won't find that anywhere in my post....

Now as far as your comment about me being ignorant.......you may be right.....but, perhaps, you should hope that your education and arrogance towards someone who is actually productive in their community, will pay off for you as well as my ignorance has paid of for me, my family, and the community that I am fortunate enough to live in......

Call me when you become President of the United States.....aww, heck, call me when you have a wife, two kids, a mortgage, and two car payments......then we can reminisce about how ignorant us old farts are......

Now, don't you have an intramural softball game today....??

I doubt he has a softball game Bait. He is too busy following Pelphrey around finding out the latest with the basketball team and the rest of his time is spent with Fortson.......................

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 12, 2010, 09:38:52 am

Ouch!
That doesn't hurt at all. I find it hilarious actually.

I work 40 hours a week, pay for my college and rent/utilities, take 15 to 18 hours a semester, but still find time to attend the majority of the baseball games, every football/basketball game, hang out with friends, and play basketball every day. I live a pretty productive life. Not too many days I get to lay around and play video games and whatever else you said college kids do. I am always doing something, not just sitting around doing nothing.

In about a year I will be putting myself through the master's program, too.

Baitshop

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 12, 2010, 10:15:21 am
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 12, 2010, 09:38:52 am

Ouch!
That doesn't hurt at all. I find it hilarious actually.

I work 40 hours a week, pay for my college and rent/utilities, take 15 to 18 hours a semester, but still find time to attend the majority of the baseball games, every football/basketball game, hang out with friends, and play basketball every day. I live a pretty productive life. Not too many days I get to lay around and play video games and whatever else you said college kids do. I am always doing something, not just sitting around doing nothing.

In about a year I will be putting myself through the master's program, too.

If your post is true, then your credibility with me has gone up dramatically.....I, too, paid for every dime of my education without any grants or loans.....a tough life for a few years but a good education and a strong work ethic will take you much further than just a quality education.....

BTW....IMHO you're working too much.....you should play a little intramural softball to relax..... ;)

rsvl_hogfan4

I actually am playing intramural softball, and play basketball every day. However, I just cannot make every game due to work. I am able to go play ball and lift everyday due to the facility being open until 11:50 every night. I work about 5 days a week, so those 5 days I have to go around 9 pm.

I have a loan, too. I am not doing it all without loans. However, they are in my name, and will eventually come out of my pocket. I am not one of those people taking out huge loans so that I can live comfortably right now, either. My loan goes directly to the school and helps pay a portion of my tuition, but not all of it. I pay the rest of my tuition, rent, utilities/cable, and cell phone. I used my tax refund towards my loan debt.

Baitshop

Sounds like you are on the right track......call me when you become the President.... :)

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Baitshop on April 12, 2010, 01:47:16 pm
Sounds like you are on the right track......call me when you become the President.... :)
Lol, not even going that route, so it looks like we will never be speaking.

The Reality is back...

Well, actually, I take 20 hours right now. Congratulations on putting your kids through school. It's tough. I know that because I put myself through school. Except for the $500 dollar scholarship I won for an article I wrote for the school paper. I don't take loans, I work. A lot. In fact, for a couple summers, I would work as much as 110+ hours a week.

Secondly, you do all that fine stuff for the community, congrats. I don't volunteer much. You got me there. I just do work for a Housing Company in the area that is pretty much habitat for humanity. That, and helping my father run the farm when I'm not in class or in the library pretty much takes up most of my time.

I don't play intramurals, all my friends have graduated since I had to take a year off and work full time for family reasons, and the only time I've been out of the country was on a Mission Trip.

So, whatever you tried to accomplish with your post, you failed. Because I don't fall into that little category of the "wasteful college student". Now, I could make some assumptions about you and your life, but I'm not a douchebag, so I won't go there.

Carry on.

Baitshop

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on April 12, 2010, 05:44:10 pm

So, whatever you tried to accomplish with your post, you failed. Because I don't fall into that little category of the "wasteful college student". Now, I could make some assumptions about you and your life, but I'm not a douchebag, so I won't go there.

Carry on.

I wasn't trying to accomplish anything......and you won't find anything in my post that insinuated that anyone was a "wasteful college student".....that is your description....however, if the shoe fits......

As far as your "assumptions" comment......knock yourself out.....I quit concerning myself about what a 20 something year old thought about me.....well, back when I was in my 20's......there is no where that you can "go" that will matter to me or those who know me well.....don't let your opinion that you aren't a douchebag cheat you out of a chance to prove otherwise..... :o

Earl is my Hero!!

Bait, I would jump in, but it looks like you have things well in hand.

That's what she said...

The Reality is back...

Quote from: Baitshop on April 12, 2010, 09:38:33 pm

Carry on.

I wasn't trying to accomplish anything......and you won't find anything in my post that insinuated that anyone was a "wasteful college student".....that is your description....however, if the shoe fits......

As far as your "assumptions" comment......knock yourself out.....I quit concerning myself about what a 20 something year old thought about me.....well, back when I was in my 20's......there is no where that you can "go" that will matter to me or those who know me well.....don't let your opinion that you aren't a douchebag cheat you out of a chance to prove otherwise..... :o

For someone who doesn't care what someone like me thinks of them, you had no problem jumping on me or RM for other crap.

Your original post was about as douchey as they come, man. Don't even try to pretend it wasn't.

Baitshop

A of C......I wasn't jumping at you.....I just thought that your question deserved and answer.....and I gave you an honest one.....

As far as my original post, your boy RMs' thread title and OP was vague at best.....and although I was thrilled that he had just returned from a visit with his Polish brethren, I was unable to decern from the OP what was the possible source or cause of his heartache.....a clarification was in order, I requested it, and you will notice, he was kind enough to supply that clarification quickly......all was well.....until you thought that it was appropriate to jump in and make your unsolicited comment....

You asked your question in a sarcastic, condescending manner.......I answered it in an appropriate manner.....

I've watched your postings around the board......I have noted the tone and tenor in how you deal with those that disagree with you.....I just choose to not have a young man who is in his early 20's, and hasn't proven himself in life, be condescending and disrespectful towards me without comment....it is an unattractive trait that your generation has that, trust me, will not work well for you in the near future....you see, the folks that will be making the "hire" decision with you and will control your professional aspirations in the future, will be of my generation.....I can't speak for all of them/us, but most of us will not be entertained by your impetuosity, youthful bravado, and clever use of sarcasm towards us, your fellow employees, or their customers.....

I've seen hundreds of young men with your attitude and communication skills in my workplaces over the years......ALL of them did one of two things.....learned to be cordual and respectful of those around them.....or find another job.....NONE of them were able to stay and move up in the company using your ascerbic, or what I am sure that you deem, clever reparte'......

I am sure that you think that, in addition to being "douchey",  that I am also an old fart idiot.....I tell you what.....call when you are interviewing for your 3rd job in 4 years an let and old, "douchey", idiot give you some job counseling on what might be the cause of your peers and employers lack of appreciation for your clever attitude and communication skills.....

Scorp

Quotebut I'm not a douchebag

awww ....  but your post's say otherwise .....

The Reality is back...

Quote from: Baitshop on April 13, 2010, 08:40:05 am
A of C......I wasn't jumping at you.....I just thought that your question deserved and answer.....and I gave you an honest one.....

As far as my original post, your boy RMs' thread title and OP was vague at best.....and although I was thrilled that he had just returned from a visit with his Polish brethren, I was unable to decern from the OP what was the possible source or cause of his heartache.....a clarification was in order, I requested it, and you will notice, he was kind enough to supply that clarification quickly......all was well.....until you thought that it was appropriate to jump in and make your unsolicited comment....

You asked your question in a sarcastic, condescending manner.......I answered it in an appropriate manner.....

I've watched your postings around the board......I have noted the tone and tenor in how you deal with those that disagree with you.....I just choose to not have a young man who is in his early 20's, and hasn't proven himself in life, be condescending and disrespectful towards me without comment....it is an unattractive trait that your generation has that, trust me, will not work well for you in the near future....you see, the folks that will be making the "hire" decision with you and will control your professional aspirations in the future, will be of my generation.....I can't speak for all of them/us, but most of us will not be entertained by your impetuosity, youthful bravado, and clever use of sarcasm towards us, your fellow employees, or their customers.....

I've seen hundreds of young men with your attitude and communication skills in my workplaces over the years......ALL of them did one of two things.....learned to be cordual and respectful of those around them.....or find another job.....NONE of them were able to stay and move up in the company using your ascerbic, or what I am sure that you deem, clever reparte'......

I am sure that you think that, in addition to being "douchey",  that I am also an old fart idiot.....I tell you what.....call when you are interviewing for your 3rd job in 4 years an let and old, "douchey", idiot give you some job counseling on what might be the cause of your peers and employers lack of appreciation for your clever attitude and communication skills.....

My original comment was very sarcastic, but not condecending.

As to that other stuff, my attitudes and comments on this board reflect the board in general. I never thought you were an old fart idiot, though. Just kind of douchey, haha.

But I'll apologize for pouring gas on the fire, though.

redwolf143

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on April 13, 2010, 09:34:17 am
Quote from: Baitshop on April 13, 2010, 08:40:05 am

My original comment was very sarcastic, but not condecending.

As to that other stuff, my attitudes and comments on this board reflect the board in general. I never thought you were an old fart idiot, though. Just kind of douchey, haha.

But I'll apologize for pouring gas on the fire, though.

I don't know, it looked quite condescending to me.  Remember that in the real world it's not what you meant but what the listeners heard that matters.  Why do you think so many politicians have to issue apologies and rephrase comments that the mikes catch.

And above all your comment was definitely the douchiest of the thread considering you are still trying to defend it.  You were trying to be a snarky rear, apologize for it and move on, some things aren't worth defending.

As for reflecting the rest of the board there is a time and place for everything and it wasn't very intelligent of you, knowing the topic of the thread to distract from the situation with a dumb comment about another person asking for clarification.  No matter how crass that request was.

The Reality is back...

Well, if there was a sarcasm button, maybe this all could have been avoided.

But I won't apologize for defending myself, or for getting an education. Sorry.

SandLizard04

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on April 13, 2010, 10:35:27 am

That's Arkansas for you, man.

Getting an edumacation makes you an uppity douchebag.

redwolf143

so apologize fro jumping someone who was just trying to get more information.

redwolf143

Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on April 13, 2010, 10:40:13 am

no, being an uppity douchebag makes you an uppity douchbag. 

Baitshop

1.) Well, if there was a sarcasm button, maybe this all could have been avoided.

2.) But I won't apologize for defending myself, or for getting an education. Sorry.

One at a time....

1.) A word from the old, douchebag, idiots who have somehow managed to stay afloat in the world after college: If you never say it you never have to apologize for or defend it, OR pay the consequenses of it.....

2.) For the last time.....it's time to crawl down off the cross.....NO ONE on this thread, except you, has mentioned that there is ANYTHING negative about you or anyone else, getting an education.....you are trying to create a diversion from your accute case of "foot in mouth" disease......

You've made your apology.....it has been accepted.....let's move along, shall we..??..??

Hoghead

I always thought this board was made from slick cussing disrespectful posters.

Coach Venny Slocombe

That's Arkansas for you man? That's kinda profiling don't you think? If profiling was done against a minority or a homosexual you would be going ape right now. And by the way, are you from Arkansas?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Well, actually, I take 20 hours right now. Congratulations on putting your kids through school. It's tough. I know that because I put myself through school. Except for the $500 dollar scholarship I won for an article I wrote for the school paper. I don't take loans, I work. A lot. In fact, for a couple summers, I would work as much as 110+ hours a week.

Secondly, you do all that fine stuff for the community, congrats. I don't volunteer much. You got me there. I just do work for a Housing Company in the area that is pretty much habitat for humanity. That, and helping my father run the farm when I'm not in class or in the library pretty much takes up most of my time.

I don't play intramurals, all my friends have graduated since I had to take a year off and work full time for family reasons, and the only time I've been out of the country was on a Mission Trip.

Carry on.
AoC, 110+ hours a week? Really? That is almost 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.........................

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Baitshop on April 13, 2010, 11:23:57 am
1.) Well, if there was a sarcasm button, maybe this all could have been avoided.

2.) But I won't apologize for defending myself, or for getting an education. Sorry.

One at a time....

1.) A word from the old, douchebag, idiots who have somehow managed to stay afloat in the world after college: If you never say it you never have to apologize for or defend it, OR pay the consequenses of it.....

2.) For the last time.....it's time to crawl down off the cross.....NO ONE on this thread, except you, has mentioned that there is ANYTHING negative about you or anyone else, getting an education.....you are trying to create a diversion from your accute case of "foot in mouth" disease......

You've made your apology.....it has been accepted.....let's move along, shall we..??..??
Game, set and match............................

Billyo62

Bait...you seem a little testy lately...  The rebs letting you down this spring?  ;)

Baitshop

Quote from: Billyo62 on April 13, 2010, 02:18:36 pm
Bait...you seem a little testy lately...  The rebs letting you down this spring?  ;)

Billyo.....you know that we here in Dixie don't even start worrying about it until the playoffs begin....

That's when the Rebel Magic happens.....

Billyo62

Quote from: Baitshop on April 13, 2010, 02:54:51 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on April 13, 2010, 02:18:36 pm

Billyo.....you know that we here in Dixie don't even start worrying about it until the playoffs begin....

That's when the Rebel Magic happens.....

Man I hope you don't unleash both barrels on me like you have on the young guns in this thread come football season... ;D

Hoghead

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 13, 2010, 01:38:44 pm

That's Arkansas for you man? That's kinda profiling don't you think? If profiling was done against a minority or a homosexual you would be going ape right now. And by the way, are you from Arkansas?
So tell me about your soft heart for Homosexuals Venny ? I heard your DMV Story, Minorities are not your cup of tea. Well illegals who don't speak English are not to your liking........

OUSoonersOU

The Reality is back...

Venny: Yup. 5:30 am to 8:00ish PM when were on location, sometimes less, but there were 3 straight weeks of that in Mid July in Tulsa.

Bait: Yes, I'm done.

Baitshop

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on April 13, 2010, 08:23:49 pm

Great....so perhaps we should rename this thread:

"Absolutely tragic news.....this thread is now back on topic...."

The Reality is back...

Quote from: Baitshop on April 13, 2010, 10:26:43 pm
Quote from: Agent of Chaos on April 13, 2010, 08:23:49 pm

Great....so perhaps we should rename this thread:

"Absolutely tragic news.....this thread is now back on topic...."

.....I'm not takin the bait, bait.  ;)

Earl is my Hero!!

And the winner is:

Old Fat Douchebags - 1

Sarcastic Students - 0

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Hoghead on April 13, 2010, 05:04:50 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 13, 2010, 01:38:44 pm

So tell me about your soft heart for Homosexuals Venny ? I heard your DMV Story, Minorities are not your cup of tea. Well illegals who don't speak English are not to your liking........
I don't have a soft heart for Homosexuals, and I don't have a soft heart for people who do not speak English. But some on here do. I was just saying that someone shouldn't make fun of people from Arkansas and stereotype them when those same people would be going crazy if it were said about Homosexuals or minorities.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas