• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Rock Christian at Texarkana

Started by PA Dad, November 09, 2018, 09:45:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

010hogfan

Good season Hogs. Our lack of a passing game finally caught up.

incogneto

the voice

Good job.  LRCA come to Motown next week

Hogman2018

Hats off to LRC they deserved to win! Our offense was really bad second half. There defense  played better than i thought! Good Luck

Central AR

Texarkana had a very athletic defense but Justice Hill is making these guys look far from it. Still undefeated this year with him under the center.

RazorDad

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 16, 2018, 09:41:47 pm
Hats off to LRC they deserved to win! Our offense was really bad second half. There defense  played better than i thought! Good Luck

Your offense wasn't bad.  You just fell into the FF rabbit hole that has a low opinion of LRCA. Lesson learned, don't believe what you read here about a team.

Oh, and welcome to the 5A.

Hogman2018

Quote from: RazorDad on November 16, 2018, 09:59:13 pm
Your offense wasn't bad.  You just fell into the FF rabbit hole that has a low opinion of LRCA. Lesson learned, don't believe what you read here about a team.

I guess your saying we we are not very good huh?? I guess LRM isnt very good either just because we lost in the second round?

Hogman2018

Yea seven points in the second half against yall defense is really bad.

AHS06

We were outcoached and the injuries finally caught up to us.  LRCA is a good team and will get their rematch against PA. 

Greyhands

trying to find this game online i see the streaming broadcast but you cant re watch it does anyone have a link

RazorDad

November 17, 2018, 12:35:57 am #110 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:39:00 am by RazorDad
Quote from: Greyhands on November 17, 2018, 12:31:01 am
trying to find this game online i see the streaming broadcast but you cant re watch it does anyone have a link

https://livestream.com/warriorvision/events/8458309

Check tomorrow, they need to change a setting when they get back to LR.

Greyhands

Hoghead2

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 14, 2018, 09:07:37 pm
Dadgum you Piggie!  I had my mind made up and you done went and confused me.  I clicked on the website and now I think I am switching.  Those burgers and bbq looked very tantalizing.

Since the game pretty well sucked for us, I wanna know...which was it?  30 burger or namaans? 

incogneto

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 14, 2018, 11:58:20 am
I promise you LRC will not score 50 on our defense! LRC is pretty good on offense but have not seen speed like Texarkana has on defense! SPEED kills
Well you were correct we didn't score 50 and speed does kill.

Rocket23

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 17, 2018, 12:16:01 pm
Since the game pretty well sucked for us, I wanna know...which was it?  30 burger or namaans?

Didn't get away as early as I thought.  Went to Naaman's and they ran out of pulled pork, which bewildered me.  I let my son get the last pulled pork and his buddy got a brisket sandwich.  I am a pork man all the way, so I pulled into Slims for wife and daughter.  I went without.  As much as I use Naamans for catering, I couldn't believe they ran out.  But they got a new fan in my son.  I will be back in week or two, so I went hit it then.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 17, 2018, 02:06:57 pm
Didn't get away as early as I thought.  Went to Naaman's and they ran out of pulled pork, which bewildered me.  I let my son get the last pulled pork and his buddy got a brisket sandwich.  I am a pork man all the way, so I pulled into Slims for wife and daughter.  I went without.  As much as I use Naamans for catering, I couldn't believe they ran out.  But they got a new fan in my son.  I will be back in week or two, so I went hit it then.

They cook in Wilton and bring it down. So yeah sometimes they run out. If you are ever there on a Friday get a beef rib. Fred flinstone-like and yummy! 

Zeus

Justice Hill is just unreal. He had over 500 yards of offense, I haven't seen a player of his caliber in a while and I'm rooting for LRCA to take state. I also can't wait until he plays hoops for the razorbacks in Fayetteville next year.

the voice

There will be another playing against them this week. I'm looking forward to watching them both battle it out.

sportsguy80

Quote from: the voice on November 18, 2018, 02:04:16 pm
There will be another playing against them this week. I'm looking forward to watching them both battle it out.
Yeah everyone who attends will be in for a real treat. Two of Arkansas finest on a huge stage.

Hogman2018

Quote from: incogneto on November 17, 2018, 01:26:12 pm
Well you were correct we didn't score 50 and speed does kill.
Yall won because you had the best player on the field! It wasnt because of LRC speed! Congrats anyways you deserve to win. Go ahead and order your runner up rings! A couple of your coaches need to show a little class when yall win they acted like a bunch of kids!! Good Luck

JessieP

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 18, 2018, 09:16:24 pm
Yall won because you had the best player on the field! It wasnt because of LRC speed! Congrats anyways you deserve to win. Go ahead and order your runner up rings! A couple of your coaches need to show a little class when yall win they acted like a bunch of kids!! Good Luck

I wasn't there but was told by a couple of people, Adults with no reason to lie, That when they beat Batesville in week 1 some students stormed the field and they had some coaches jumping around and dancing like children. In week 1? They had a Super Bowl type celebration for beating a down team in week 1. The people told me it was some coaches making the biggest fools of themselves. Reason 37 I dislike that "Team".

RazorDad

Quote from: JessieP on November 18, 2018, 10:08:20 pm
I wasn't there but was told by a couple of people, Adults with no reason to lie, That when they beat Batesville in week 1 some students stormed the field and they had some coaches jumping around and dancing like children. In week 1? They had a Super Bowl type celebration for beating a down team in week 1. The people told me it was some coaches making the biggest fools of themselves. Reason 37 I dislike that "Team".

Win or lose, the LRCA students always go down to the field to join their team to celebrate/commissurate and give a prayer of thanks.

It's called school spirit and family, which, unfortunately, is lacking in many schools today.

incogneto

November 19, 2018, 01:55:51 am #123 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:06:33 am by incogneto
Quote from: JessieP on November 18, 2018, 10:08:20 pm
The students and parents meet the team on the field after every game win lose or draw because it's the tradition the school has created.  Now to you not liking LRCA nobody really cares Jessie.  You act like a woman on here in 90% of your posts.  So I figure since you don't like the school anyways I may as well be candid about your behavior on this board and give you a real reason not to like LRCA.  Nobody loses sleep when you take 60 minutes to pontificate and wax poetical about what you don't like about LRCA.  As a matter of fact I have seen them get a big belly laugh about how big of a sore loser you are.  Everything you whine and cry about either never happened, was seen by someone else, is completely made up, or is simply explained.  The one thing I know about winners is they will always have haters. 

incogneto

November 19, 2018, 02:01:36 am #124 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:03:52 am by incogneto
 ;D ;D ;D

incogneto

November 19, 2018, 02:31:29 am #125 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:34:11 am by incogneto
Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 18, 2018, 09:16:24 pm
You must be talking about Coach Stone.  He came to LRCA from Texarkana and has been listening to a bunch of Texarkana poeple including players and coaches talk trash all season.  So understably he was excited.  He was the only coach that joined the kids for the fight song. 

If you really think Justice Hill was the sole reason for Texarkana getting beaten then 5A is going to be rough for you as a fan.  The truth of game is Texarkana was very talented but very limited in what they could execute.  The offense is one dimensional and the defense didn't make adjustments.  Barry Norton teams haven't been the same since Scott Surratt left.

Hogman2018

Take Hill off your team and LRC will be very average! If you cant see that as a fan something is wrong with you! He is one of the best players I seen in a while in high school. U will find out next year how good he was!! Look what PA did to LRC  without him keep believing that!! I think Texarkana did pretty good after we lost two of our best players to injuries. We ended up with two losses the same as you guys will end up with!!

AHS06

November 19, 2018, 08:42:59 am #127 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 08:51:45 am by AHS06
Quote from: incogneto on November 19, 2018, 02:31:29 am
You must be talking about Coach Stone.  He came to LRCA from Texarkana and has been listening to a bunch of Texarkana poeple including players and coaches talk trash all season.  So understably he was excited.  He was the only coach that joined the kids for the fight song. 

If you really think Justice Hill was the sole reason for Texarkana getting beaten then 5A is going to be rough for you as a fan.  The truth of game is Texarkana was very talented but very limited in what they could execute.  The offense is one dimensional and the defense didn't make adjustments.  Barry Norton teams haven't been the same since Scott Surratt left.
Personally I loved the the excitement and spirit coming from LRCA sideline, student section, and fans.  They truly rallied their players, kept them motivated, traveled well, and showed great support (Yes even calling the Hogs and the Arkansas/Razorbacks chant). 

I mentioned during the game that we were being out coached but Hill was the deciding factor.  Even across Stateline Norton was known for failing in the playoffs and many Razorback fans didn't support his hiring but I don't think he was a bad hire overall.  Norton and his staff does a great job of developing players and he will be tasked next season.  Remove Hill and everything changes.  At this point in the season it is all about match-ups.  It was the perfect storm for Arkansas High not being challenged since the LRMC game.  The Razorbacks at full strength are more balanced with power running game and electrifying options in the passing game.  With the injuries we became more one dimensional and lost depth on both sides of the ball.  Both teams at full strength I would still take the Hogs.  I am pulling LRCA the rest of the way and will be in attendance at WMS.  Hopefully they can remain focused with PA.

With the Hogs losing the heart of their offense and their emotional team leader we couldn't be more proud of the season.  Finished the season 10-2, 5A South Champs, Battle of the Bridge, and the City Title.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: incogneto on November 19, 2018, 01:55:51 am
The students and parents meet the team on the field after every game win lose or draw because it's the tradition the school has created.  Now to you not liking LRCA nobody really cares Jessie.  You act like a woman on here in 90% of your posts.  So I figure since you don't like the school anyways I may as well be candid about your behavior on this board and give you a real reason not to like LRCA.  Nobody loses sleep when you take 60 minutes to pontificate and wax poetical about what you don't like about LRCA.  As a matter of fact I have seen them get a big belly laugh about how big of a sore loser you are.  Everything you whine and cry about either never happened, was seen by someone else, is completely made up, or is simply explained.  The one thing I know about winners is they will always have haters.
Did you just say "you act like a woman" and mean it as an insult?  Classy.

Youngsta71701

I got one question. Can we put LR Christian back at #2 now? ;D

AHS06

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 19, 2018, 09:34:35 am
Definitely!  And Camden still sniffing the top 10.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 19, 2018, 09:34:35 am

not yet. They still have a 30 point loss to PA. Harrison is going strong though so feel free to put them there.

JessieP

Quote from: incogneto on November 19, 2018, 01:55:51 am

I apologize. I had no idea. I would never argue, ridicule or debate any person with difficulties. I had no idea it took you 60 minutes to read my post, Kudos for sticking with it to the end. I guess the breaking into a belly laugh is an expression of pure joy having completed the arduous task of reading a paragraph or two. I myself don't hate women so I wasn't insulted by the comparison. If you're online then I eagerly await your response to my post, Telling me how no one cares, Except of course you, Who almost always responds. Let me give you an example of "Not caring", I read the 5A basketball boards, I never ever respond. I actually don't care. The fact that you respond, Telling me no one cares, Is proof you care very much.

Ok, get started. Read it slow and sound out the words. 59 minutes to go...

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: AHS06 on November 19, 2018, 08:42:59 am
Personally I loved the the excitement and spirit coming from LRCA sideline, student section, and fans.  They truly rallied their players, kept them motivated, traveled well, and showed great support (Yes even calling the Hogs and the Arkansas/Razorbacks chant). 

I mentioned during the game that we were being out coached but Hill was the deciding factor.  Even across Stateline Norton was known for failing in the playoffs and many Razorback fans didn't support his hiring but I don't think he was a bad hire overall.  Norton and his staff does a great job of developing players and he will be tasked next season.  Remove Hill and everything changes.  At this point in the season it is all about match-ups.  It was the perfect storm for Arkansas High not being challenged since the LRMC game.  The Razorbacks at full strength are more balanced with power running game and electrifying options in the passing game.  With the injuries we became more one dimensional and lost depth on both sides of the ball.  Both teams at full strength I would still take the Hogs.  I am pulling LRCA the rest of the way and will be in attendance at WMS.  Hopefully they can remain focused with PA.

With the Hogs losing the heart of their offense and their emotional team leader we couldn't be more proud of the season.  Finished the season 10-2, 5A South Champs, Battle of the Bridge, and the City Title.

see....perspective....i thought them calling the hogs and doing the razorback chant when they were winning was pretty tacky....rubbing it in.  thought that was bad sportsmanship. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 19, 2018, 12:09:40 pm
see....perspective....i thought them calling the hogs and doing the razorback chant when they were winning was pretty tacky....rubbing it in.  thought that was bad sportsmanship.

Oh c'mon. The student sections are supposed to be good sports?

AHS06

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2018, 12:36:03 pm
Oh c'mon. The student sections are supposed to be good sports?
It wasn't just the students.  Near the end of the game the other fans joined in with the students.

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 19, 2018, 12:09:40 pm
The only way to prevent those things from happening is to shut them up on the field. 

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: AHS06 on November 19, 2018, 12:46:36 pm
The only way to prevent those things from happening is to shut them up on the field. 

oh i agree....just thought it was tacky.  i'm not a good loser.  you know that!  ha! 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AHS06 on November 19, 2018, 09:37:19 am
Definitely!  And Camden still sniffing the top 10.
Not in my rankings lol. I knew we had a few too many holes.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2018, 09:39:35 am
not yet. They still have a 30 point loss to PA. Harrison is going strong though so feel free to put them there.
Without Justice Hill. Who makes a HUGE!!! difference. If they match up in the finals it will be a shoot out. Will probably be a shoot out with Morrilton as well.

The A-Team

I said earlier in the year that Texarkana isn't as good as some of their fans think.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: The A-Team on November 20, 2018, 01:10:30 pm
I said earlier in the year that Texarkana isn't as good as some of their fans think.

i knew that after i saw the Texas High game second week of the season. 

AHS06

Quote from: The A-Team on November 20, 2018, 01:10:30 pm
I am pretty sure that every true Arkansas High fan knew what type of team we had this year.  We were exposed during the Texas High game, battled season ending injuries, struggled with quality dept, and still accomplished a lot this season.  At full strength we are a different team.   

MDXPHD

Quote from: AHS06 on November 20, 2018, 03:06:59 pm
I am pretty sure that every true Arkansas High fan knew what type of team we had this year.  We were exposed during the Texas High game, battled season ending injuries, struggled with quality dept, and still accomplished a lot this season.  At full strength we are a different team.   

And played in 5A. Nobody really ever expected Texarkana to compete for the championship in 5A this year.

the voice

Some of their posters did. Saying months ago they'd walk through 5a.  Even last week it was D1 this and D1 that. Sounded like they have 7 or 8 D1 players on the team.

AHS06

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 20, 2018, 03:12:45 pm
And played in 5A. Nobody really ever expected Texarkana to compete for the championship in 5A this year.
I wouldn't say "nobody"

MDXPHD

Hogman2018

Quote from: the voice on November 20, 2018, 03:17:43 pm
Some of their posters did. Saying months ago they'd walk through 5a.  Even last week it was D1 this and D1 that. Sounded like they have 7 or 8 D1 players on the team.
You are an idiot if you believe that! Show me where we said we would walk through the 5A! After a couple of season ending injuries we said we wasnt the same team and no we dont have 7 or 8 D-1 players!

Hogman2018

So you dont think we competed in 5A this year! 10 and 2 record not bad and South champions! I know we wasnt as good as your team but we are trying to get there.

Hogman2018

You need to worry about Batesville! Didnt make the playoffs in the East that is bad!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas