• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is Dickie V smokin????

Started by A-Train, February 05, 2006, 10:03:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A-Train

February 05, 2006, 10:03:47 am Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 01:18:59 pm by A-Train
Anyone else watching the Florida/Kentucky game last night hear this joke of a commentator predict the SEC teams to go to the NCAA tournament.  He thinks that Florida, LSU, Tennesse, Alabama, and GET THIS GEORGIA!!!!!!  Yes, they have won two games this week against decent teams, but that was after they lost to AUBURN!!!  Arkansas and Kentucky have beaten much better teams in nonconfernce play and have a better record than Georgia at this point.  Dickie V needs to find another form of employment if he chooses to continues to make an idiot of himself on national t.v.  Georgia is still 4th in the East behind Kentucky, with Arkansas 3rd in the West.  I could go on and on about how stupid this guy is, but I think most of you will agree.

ASU Rugby

Alabama will still probably get in. Georgia is playing well, they could get in, but I would go out and say they would. There chances are about 35% at best

rsvl_hogfan4

Just to let you know A-Train, you got the divisions mixed up. Arkansas is in the West, and UGA and UK are in the East. Georgia will not make the tournament. The SEC teams will be Florida, Tennessee, LSU, UK, Arkansas, and maybe Vandy or Bama. The last three could all make it, or only one of them. I think UK will continue to play well, and will be in. I think Arkansas will win at least 5 of their last 8 games, and maybe more. I really do think U of A will be in, but Vandy or Bama could be in too.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: G™ on February 05, 2006, 11:17:22 am
Quote from: A-Train on February 05, 2006, 10:03:47 am
Georgia is still 4th in the West behind Kentucky, with Arkansas 3rd in the East. I could go on and on about how stupid this guy is, but I think most of you will agree.

Irony?
Thought the same thing haha. I corrected him in the last post though.

Short and Stout

Georgia has made tremendous improvement, but saying that they will got to the NCAA tourney is being optimistic to the point of foolishness.

A-Train

February 05, 2006, 01:24:13 pm #5 Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 01:28:45 pm by A-Train
Quote from: rsvl_HOGFAN4 on February 05, 2006, 11:16:48 am
Just to let you know A-Train, you got the divisions mixed up. Arkansas is in the West, and UGA and UK are in the East. Georgia will not make the tournament. The SEC teams will be Florida, Tennessee, LSU, UK, Arkansas, and maybe Vandy or Bama. The last three could all make it, or only one of them. I think UK will continue to play well, and will be in. I think Arkansas will win at least 5 of their last 8 games, and maybe more. I really do think U of A will be in, but Vandy or Bama could be in too.

Boy that sure made me look stupid. ;D  I really wanted to post this last night but already shut down the computer.  So I did it this morning in a rush before leaving for the in-laws for lunch.  Don't judge me on just one post.  ;)  I am well aware of what division we are in, but thanks for the correction.  Much appreciated.  Don't feel as if I deserved two slaps for it however.  But you are entitled to your opinion.

rsvl_hogfan4

I didn't slap you for it. I don't slap or clad. I could care less about the whole karma count.

nfblaze

Dickie V hasn't liked Arkansas since they fired Nolan

A-Train

February 05, 2006, 02:25:30 pm #8 Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 02:27:06 pm by A-Train
I don't care either, just being sarcastic.  Anyway I do agree that Georgia is doing well, but to say that they are going to the tourny based on two games is ludacris.  I also think Bama, Arkansas, or Vandy will go before Georgia.  Sometimes us Razorback fans feel like we are being ignored, so maybe thats why I am jumping to conclusions about his comments.  I understand that we aren't playing to our potential, but to completly leave us out of the mix is crazy.  And to toss Kentucky out b/c of last nights loss was another thing that Dickie V blew my mind with.

RHS

Vandy won't make the dance unless they win the SEC tourney IMO. They haven't been doing well the last week or 2.

kingkong

SMC

SEC teams going to the tournament
1. Florida
2. Tennessee
3. LSU
4. Kentucky

Those are the only sure things. There will be at least one more. If the season ended today that team would be Alabama. It is possible for a 6th team to make it in. Arkansas and Georgia are in OK shape, but they need to finish 9-7 in league play if at all possible. It is very doubtful a .500 SEC team makes the tournament especially with the nonconference sisters of the poor those 2 played. Going into this week Arkansas had the #70 strength of schedule and Georgia's was #68. Vanderbilt is toast. They have piddled around and killed the momentum they had earlier in the season. At this point I would be shocked if they finished conference play any better than 6-10.

chickasaw

Quote from: Cure™ on February 05, 2006, 02:16:18 pm

They have sucked since they fired Nolan

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: G™ on February 05, 2006, 09:57:46 pm
Arkansas got a good pat on the back for our RPI/Strength of Schedule today.

Kansas beat a ranked Oklahoma. Forgot what they were ranked though.
19th I am pretty sure.

RHS

QuoteThey have sucked since they fired Nolan[/auote]

Arkansas started sucking when Nolan was still here.

snooplaw

Quote from: A-Train on February 05, 2006, 01:24:13 pm
Quote from: rsvl_HOGFAN4 on February 05, 2006, 11:16:48 am

Boy that sure made me look stupid. ;D  I really wanted to post this last night but already shut down the computer.  So I did it this morning in a rush before leaving for the in-laws for lunch.  Don't judge me on just one post.  ;)  I am well aware of what division we are in, but thanks for the correction.  Much appreciated. Don't feel as if I deserved two slaps for it however. But you are entitled to your opinion.
You rebounded nicely, I'll clap for ya, I kinda like/ feel sorry for Dickie V., even if he does act like an idiot, but hey, he's making a bundle being a moron.

tuna fish

Quote from: chickasaw on February 05, 2006, 09:57:26 pm

They sucked for Nolan's last few years also.  We suck now because of Nolan's idiot comments and racial tirades killed recruiting for years.

rsvl_hogfan4

Nolan did kill recruiting the first few years, but the last 2 years or so Heath has recruited good recruits, and continues to bring in good ones. We don't suck now. We have lost some heart breakers, but that doesn't mean we suck. If being 15-6 and having a good shot at going to the big dance makes a team fall into the suck catagory, then I guess 75% of the nations teams suck. Whether the hogs can finish close games or not, they still don't suck.

snooplaw

Quote from: chickasaw on February 05, 2006, 09:57:26 pm

The last several seasons of Nolan's regime, the program was on auto pilot at best.  Does anyone remember the Game with Kentucky at the Pyramid in the SEC tournament where we blew the huge lead, I think that was in '94.  Coach Heath is certainly not the first coach to have this happen.  How about the game with Texas at the Super Drum, we played better(won the game) after Nolan walked off the court.  I bet he felt stupid when the game was over and we had won despite his abandoning his team.  I can still see him walking off the court, and those Texas idiots letting Lee Mayberry shoot the three, if they had just fouled him as he was bringing the ball down the court, he gets two free throws and we could not have tied the game.  The great thing about Dickie V. is, when we make it to back to the top of college basketball, he'll be gushing great things about the Hogs, he's just kind of a basketball "ho".

rsvl_hogfan4

Actually, Nolan only walked off the court for the rest of regulation because the refs were so bad. It was only for like 3 or 4 minutes. Nolan returned for overtime and we won. But I get your point.

Infamous

Dick Vitale - "Look out Nolan Richardson. I'm picking Princeton."

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas