• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's play Name That Super Bowl!!!

Started by RD™, January 31, 2006, 06:10:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Infamous

This is just a guess but I'm going to say five and they are Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, New Orleans, and Arizona.

AB™

February 03, 2006, 03:50:11 pm #51 Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 03:51:43 pm by Almabball
Quote from: InfamousHound on February 03, 2006, 03:30:48 pm
This is just a guess but I'm going to say five and they are Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, New Orleans, and Arizona.

Close but not quite.

The answer is 6, Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Arizona, and Detroit.

Seattle got off that list this year.

Tarkus

Good job. You didn't try to claim Indianapolis like someone on another board did. While it is true that Indy has never been there, the Colts have been there twice.

Here's one more before I head home form work -

Of all of the teams that have played in the SB, how many of them have never lost one, and who are they?

Of the teams in that group, how many have won it more than one time?

mattp_68

The MVP of the Game was the first and only of a kind to win it

Colorado was red and gold

2nd quarter exploits turned this blowout in the scoreless teams favor

the board was lit up as the MVP lead his team to 35 before half

mattp_68

Quote from: Tarkus on February 03, 2006, 04:10:08 pm
Good job. You didn't try to claim Indianapolis like someone on another board did. While it is true that Indy has never been there, the Colts have been there twice.

Of all of the teams that have played in the SB, how many of them have never lost one, and who are they?

3 Jets 49ers Chiefs and the Jets were only in it once

-Painted Fan-

Who is the only team to win a blowout, lose a blowout, win a close one, and lose a close one?

Who is the only team to have a "home field advantage" (actually, just played in home city)?

Who is the only player to play on 3 different teams in the Super Bowl?

mattp_68

-Painted Fan-

No, "Neon Deion" was only on 2 (Cowboys and 49ers) as was Charles Haley.  Sanders also played for the Falcons, Redskins, and for the past 2 years, the Ravens.

-Painted Fan-

I'll give you a hint:  This guy is still "in" pro football.

JvilleDevils

Preston Pearson BAL, PIT, DAL I think?

JvilleDevils

mattp_68

-Painted Fan-

While Preston was on 3 Super Bowl teams- Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Dallas, he only won on 2 of them.  He was with Pittsburgh when Baltimore won Super Bowl V.  I guess I should have made myself a little clearer (my apologies).  This player I'm talking about WON on 3 different teams, and is still "IN" pro football (I didn't say he still "plays" pro football).
So, good answer on Preston, but there's still one more guy that has WON on 3 different teams.

Tarkus

Quote from: Indians2004VIP68 on February 03, 2006, 04:30:49 pm
Quote from: Tarkus on February 03, 2006, 04:10:08 pm

3 Jets 49ers Chiefs and the Jets were only in it once
Actually it's 5. Jets, 49ers, Bears, Ravens and Bucs (Chiefs lost SB1 and won SB4). The 49ers were the only one of that group to win more than one.

Tarkus

Quote from: Indians2004VIP68 on February 03, 2006, 04:27:00 pm

My guess would be SB XXII. Doug Williams led the Redskins 35 2nd quarter points in the process of routing Denver 42-10. Williams is the only black QB to win MVP.

mattp_68

Quote from: Tarkus on February 03, 2006, 06:01:39 pm
Quote from: Indians2004VIP68 on February 03, 2006, 04:27:00 pm

My guess would be SB XXII. Doug Williams led the Redskins 35 2nd quarter points in the process of routing Denver 42-10. Williams is the only black QB to win MVP.
Correct...and Doug Williams is the only black QB to win the superbowl period

-Painted Fan-

Okay, one more hint:  The guy I'm talking about has Super Bowl rings with the Raiders, 49ers, and Redskins.

Does anyone know the answers to the other questions?

junkyard dog

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on February 04, 2006, 05:51:57 am
Okay, one more hint: The guy I'm talking about has Super Bowl rings with the Raiders, 49ers, and Redskins.

Does anyone know the answers to the other questions?

Man, I can only think of two people that "might've" done this.  Either Charles Haley or Bill Romanowski.  I hope one of these two could be it. :) :)

BillyJack™

February 04, 2006, 08:41:41 am #69 Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 09:13:14 am by BillyJack
Matt Millen
2 with the Raiders SB 15&18
1 with the 49ers SB 24
1 with the Redskins SB 26

Infamous

Quote from: Almabball on February 03, 2006, 03:50:11 pm
Quote from: InfamousHound on February 03, 2006, 03:30:48 pm

Close but not quite.

The answer is 6, Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Arizona, and Detroit.

Seattle got off that list this year.

Well, you had the easy job. You only had to name one.

:D

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: BillyJack on February 04, 2006, 08:41:41 am
Matt Millen
2 with the Raiders SB 15&18
1 with the 49ers SB 24
1 with the Redskins SB 26
There you go!  And now, he's the GM of the Detroit Lions (so he's still "in" pro football).

Bondfan4ever

Here is a 2 parter.  Last SB broadcast by NBC and who was the announcing team who covered that game?

Bondfan4ever

Here's another one.  Quarterbacks wearing the #8 are 5-0 in Super Bowls.  Who are these individuals?

AB™

Troy Aikman 3-0

Steve Young 1-0

Trent Dilfer 1-0

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: 99.1radioman on February 04, 2006, 11:12:58 pm
Here's another one. Quarterbacks wearing the #8 are 5-0 in Super Bowls. Who are these individuals?
Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and Trent Dilfer.  Will Matt Hasselbeck make it 6-0?  He wears #8.

AB™

RHS

Didn't know the last one was Dilfer. Knew the other 2 though.

Bondfan4ever

Yep, Trent is the last one, even though he doesn't get the respect, especially in Cleveland, that he deserves.  By the way, the answer to my other ?, NBC last broadcast Super Bowl XXXII, which of course was Green Bay and Denver, and that announcing team was Dick Enberg, Phil Simms, and Paul McGuire.  The in-studio analysts were Greg Gumbel, Joe Gibbs, Cris Collinsworth, and I believe Randy Cross, but I'm not so sure on #4.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas