• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats the gas price in your town?

Started by Lions84, October 03, 2005, 10:20:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RD™

3.35 in Greenwood, someone shoot me.

Texarkana_Piggie

stupid.  that's what they are.  just stupid.  can't believe it's up over 3 bucks.  glad i filled up at 2.99 the other day.  that only cost me $65

AllSmiles

shiloh forever

Quite Frankly

$3.45 in ROgers.

Always with the lead.

monster_island

Quite Frankly

Quote from: monster_island on May 18, 2007, 07:30:14 pm
$3.249 in Mt. Ida.

That is the part that gripes me the most.  Small towns with prices lower than big towns?  What other consumer good do you see that occur?

monster_island

Quote from: Quite Frankly on May 18, 2007, 07:32:19 pm
Quote from: monster_island on May 18, 2007, 07:30:14 pm
$3.249 in Mt. Ida.

That is the part that gripes me the most.  Small towns with prices lower than big towns?  What other consumer good do you see that occur?

Prices here are usually higher than in Hot Springs just 40 miles up the road.

hoghigh

Raider_Pride

$3.09 and rising in some parts of jonesboro

hoghigh

On the chart I posted, I just noticed that Arkansas is trying to catch up to the national average instead of being around .15 cents cheaper like we traditionally are.  Where are all those independent gas companies we once had?  Where are all those magor gas competiters we used to have?  Oh yeah - they merged back in the 90's.

Miner Nation

It's Saturday and the price in Bryant is holding steady at $3.14.  I'm sure it will change Monday.

Quite Frankly

NEWS FLASH

I drove by a gas station at 10:45 this morning and it is the SAME price as it was at 9:30 last night.

However, that price is $3.44

jackfan1™

justin_njhs09

I heard about a mistake for premium gas at the Flash Market in Newport... The actual cost was supposed to be $3.20 but a typing error made the price only 32 cents... Just thought I would bring a litte 'humor' to the conversation.

30kfeet

I saw the bloodmobile at my local gas station this morning.  1 gal unleaded for 1 pint O+   You want premium, that'll be 1 pint AB- 

Drive to work.   Save a life. 

jacketpride07

On the Move

1-Adam-12

In Booneville Friday, they jacked it up from 3.17 to 3.34 in the morning and then to 3.39 that night.

Shame.   >:(  >:(  >:(

jackfan1™

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on May 20, 2007, 02:09:08 pm
In Booneville Friday, they jacked it up from 3.17 to 3.34 in the morning and then to 3.39 that night.

Shame.   >:(  >:(  >:(

Wow! That is even harsher than what they do here and I thought our stations were pretty ruthless.

wynneaholic©

Today in Wynne it dropped from 3.05 to 2.97 at citgo and wal-mart!!!!

Quite Frankly

Quote from: wynneaholic© on May 20, 2007, 02:30:36 pm
Today in Wynne it dropped from 3.05 to 2.97 at citgo and wal-mart!!!!

STHU !

I bet you IF it goes down in NWA it doesn't get below 3.19.  It's 3.35-3.44 all over NWA.

Miner Nation

May 21, 2007, 12:14:39 pm #1472 Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:00:03 am by Miner Nation
Yesterday, the price in Bryant dropped from $3.14 to 3.11.  I haven't checked today but I am sure it will go back up.

dc24

Lions84

Jumped to $2:99 in Cleburne over the weekend !

Cabotfan

$3.05 nope, $3.15 nope, $3.19 in Cabot last night!!

warriorsforever

Lamar Arkansas  $3.10 at noon today- a dime cheaper than Russellville

jacketpride07

jbell96

It's down to 3.37 on base at McChord. You'd think us poor military folk would get gas at a decent price. lol

beegirl0

$3.30 in Atlanta....
and I have a trip to make home to Arkansas in two weeks that I am not looking forward to filling up 4 times coming and going.  >:(

Miner Nation

Quote from: Miner Nation on May 21, 2007, 12:14:39 pm
Yesterday, the price in Bryant dropped from $3.14 to 3.11.  I haven't checked today but I am sure it will go back up.

I was right.  Back to $3.14 today.

Lions84

HorseFeathers

3.29 in Hector, Paid 3.13 for it last night at the Flying J in russellville

3.18 at the "Hob Knob" Shell station
3.14 at Wal Mart  Both in Russellville.

athletic supporter

3.12 at Pottsville at 7:45 am
3.09 at Pottsville at 12:00 pm

It could get very scary this weekend, though.

amehr36

Anwhere between 3.19 and 3.29 here in good ole BA Oklahoma (and Tulsa).

Miner Nation

They can't make up their mind.  One day it's $3.14 and the next day it's $3.13 and then back to $3.14.

Magnum

PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM

Texarkana_Piggie

this is what i don't get....walmart went up to 2.99 then came down to 2.98.  a few of the stations on state line away from interstate never went above 3.01.  but most stations around town are 3.09.  even when walmart dropped a penny, everyone else is stil 3.09.  that's an 11 cent difference.  wonder why.

Miner Nation

That is what is happening here.  Wally World has the cheapest gas here and they keep going down a penny and then raising it a penny while every other station stays the same.

PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM

Quote from: Miner Nation on May 23, 2007, 09:13:54 am
That is what is happening here.  Wally World has the cheapest gas here and they keep going down a penny and then raising it a penny while every other station stays the same.

i'll tell you what is happening.  i happen to have an interest in convience store business, and have a view of muphry oil that most would shun me for. 

They tend to sell below cost at many locations, where gas margins are gone to heck.  This means that for every other store in the area, they also have to sell below cost, or risk losing customers.  Take for instance.  Here is wm, the gas is selling for around 2.97 to 3.01.  Then you look at FS, Springdale, FAY, and the likes where it is selling for 3.19-3.29.  The cost of freight is not .30 extra a gallon to get from the terminal to springdale!  It is just the stations in that area agree to make a margin. 

yesterday, gas here was 2.97.  the cost of said gas was 2.96539.  That means we were making about 1.3 cents per gallon sold.  1 cent on a three dollar gallon.  If you pumped 10,000 gallons that day, which is a lot, you make $130.00  Throw in your average driveoff a day, and that takes you back down to $90.00 gross profit.  Then you have to pay the employees that stood at the register all day, and that costs you about another 100.00 a day.  oops, forgot credit card fees.  When you use that card at the pump, we have to pay a percentage of your total, just to take your card.  That will cost you about another $85.00 per day.  So, yesterday, we lost over $100.00 just selling gas.  I have seen it where that has been almost $1000.00 a day in loss!

Now take Murphy.  They pump millions and millions of gallons a month.  You purchase over 10 million gallons a month, sometimes you can get .03, .04, and even .05 discounts per gallon bought.  So, they can sell it even cheaper than most stations can.   It's a typical wal-mart philosphy.  sell cheap, kill the small guys, put them out of business, and then raise prices.  Hey, it has worked well for them. 

It is a no brainer that it isn't the convience store owners making the millions.  It is the oil companies.  heck, E-M recorded 9 BILLION in profit just last quarter. 

But stop selling gas, and see how many customers switch and stop buying their beer, smokes, cokes, candy, coffee, fountain drinks, deli food, and bottled water from you.  (in that oder on purpose)  Which makes me wonder, why will you gripe about paying $3.00 a gallon for gas, all the while stand in line to pay $1.19 for you bottled water!  That equates to about $8.00 a gallon for WATER!

30kfeet

Quote from: PHIL IS MY HERO  aka RTVM on May 23, 2007, 09:36:45 am
Quote from: Miner Nation on May 23, 2007, 09:13:54 am

i'll tell you what is happening.  i happen to have an interest in convience store business, and have a view of muphry oil that most would shun me for. 

They tend to sell below cost at many locations, where gas margins are gone to heck.  This means that for every other store in the area, they also have to sell below cost, or risk losing customers.  Take for instance.  Here is wm, the gas is selling for around 2.97 to 3.01.  Then you look at FS, Springdale, FAY, and the likes where it is selling for 3.19-3.29.  The cost of freight is not .30 extra a gallon to get from the terminal to springdale!  It is just the stations in that area agree to make a margin. 

yesterday, gas here was 2.97.  the cost of said gas was 2.96539.  That means we were making about 1.3 cents per gallon sold.  1 cent on a three dollar gallon.  If you pumped 10,000 gallons that day, which is a lot, you make $130.00  Throw in your average driveoff a day, and that takes you back down to $90.00 gross profit.  Then you have to pay the employees that stood at the register all day, and that costs you about another 100.00 a day.  oops, forgot credit card fees.  When you use that card at the pump, we have to pay a percentage of your total, just to take your card.  That will cost you about another $85.00 per day.  So, yesterday, we lost over $100.00 just selling gas.  I have seen it where that has been almost $1000.00 a day in loss!

Now take Murphy.  They pump millions and millions of gallons a month.  You purchase over 10 million gallons a month, sometimes you can get .03, .04, and even .05 discounts per gallon bought.  So, they can sell it even cheaper than most stations can.   It's a typical wal-mart philosphy.  sell cheap, kill the small guys, put them out of business, and then raise prices.  Hey, it has worked well for them. 

It is a no brainer that it isn't the convience store owners making the millions.  It is the oil companies.  heck, E-M recorded 9 BILLION in profit just last quarter. 

But stop selling gas, and see how many customers switch and stop buying their beer, smokes, cokes, candy, coffee, fountain drinks, deli food, and bottled water from you.  (in that oder on purpose)  Which makes me wonder, why will you gripe about paying $3.00 a gallon for gas, all the while stand in line to pay $1.19 for you bottled water!  That equates to about $8.00 a gallon for WATER!

It is just the stations in that area agree to make a margin.

Sounds a lot like price fixing.  Isn't that illegal? 

PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM

no, it isn't price fixing.  and yes it is illegal.  throw a horse's arse in the mix and they will all be selling for 3.10!  I just wish I could make a .20 margin on gas.  Heck, i'm not mad at them for doing it. 

Coach Jones

Miner Nation

Gas prices in Bryant actually dropped more than a penny today.  It went from $3.13 to $3.07. 

Cabotfan

Cabot's back down to $3.04.

Of course that's AFTER I bought it for $3.06 last night!!  >:(

busta

not ray

Stil up at 3.25 in Fort Smith.  I like how the AG said there was no evidence of price gouging in NWA.  Funny part is the day before he showed up prices were at 3.45.  The following day the price had fallen to 3.25 to welcome the AG.

RAD

Same deal in El Dorado.  3.09 before price gouging news story, dropped to 2.99 the next day.  Usually gas is higher here than most other parts of the state and we have a refinery.  Have yet to figure that one out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas