• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Wynne

Started by The_Nation, October 08, 2010, 10:51:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead

This had to be a great game. The 98 yard fumble return had to hurt ! The best thing though is the "Fluke Win" statement wasn't used. So the Official Fluke Win Office has been moved to Vilonia, Arkansas. Wynne is gonna punish somebody in the playoffs.

FD4

The game is over, Wynne will win out, get a 3 in the playoffs.  I would be very careful about taunting on here over poor attitudes in the stands.  I get carried away at times, but have relaxed in my old age.  Afterall, those were kids, and there was no excuse for turning on them with foul language.  Sounds to me like that the majority of the Batesville fans are just like Wynne Fans, very passionate about their "Friday Night Lights".  I truly believe, those folks that lost their cool need to be in church on Sunday morning, night, and on Wednesday and any time the doors are open.  Get a grip.  Its a game not a war.  And Jacket86, you have the right to get after it, your wife and all, wish I knew who it was too.

Foots

After watching this , I have a ton of respect for Matthew Showalter. He could have danced, flipped, whatever he wanted. Yet, after the score, he just walks back to the sideline without a big show. I love that type of mentality. Few athletes on any level have that anymore.

C-Mac 73

Quote from: Foots on October 18, 2010, 09:46:23 am
After watching this , I have a ton of respect for Matthew Showalter. He could have danced, flipped, whatever he wanted. Yet, after the score, he just walks back to the sideline without a big show. I love that type of mentality. Few athletes on any level have that anymore.
That clip was also shown last night on the THV 10:00 News. Idk if anyone else saw it, but it really was great.

Foots

I was there, but on the Wynne side. I never paid attention to the end of the play though. I actually thought y'all would blow us out. You tell #4 there that I would love to see him in a Razorback uniform.

mrkingark

I was at the game, One of those ending we say "How the Heck"...See it often in sports, #1 You can't blame the wynne OC, most coaches would have done the same instead take a knee.  Think about the boy that fumbled, hear he's a class act, he'll never forget it....but he has to get over it, life goes on, he's not the 1st that its happened to and he won't be the last.  Life full of "disappointment or Not Fair".  But hey thats life!!! Feel bad for him more than anybody.

Hoghead

Great ending ! A Heartbreaker. Hope lost to Malvern like this in the mid 80's once. 11 seconds left and fumbled the snap from center ! A big DE picked up the ball and ran 35 yards for a 13 to 12 malvern win.

C-Mac 73

Quote from: Foots on October 18, 2010, 10:18:12 am
I was there, but on the Wynne side. I never paid attention to the end of the play though. I actually thought y'all would blow us out. You tell #4 there that I would love to see him in a Razorback uniform.
Will do

JohnLemkeJr

October 19, 2010, 09:33:00 am #158 Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 09:52:50 am by JohnLemkeJr
To Olemissjacket and ricefarmer,

Your actions and comments tward me and my son are completely out of line as well as incorrect.

I am not oldplayer. I dont post on here. I heard about this from him. We do know each other very well and have for many years. He is a grown man and may post whatever he wishes. That has nothing to do with my son or myself. simply because we may have been mentioned in some of his posts.

Now to your other comments.

You brought my son into this when it had no baring on the post what so ever. Anyone who knows him knows your comments are ignorant and fales. He was an honor roll student an all conference player and agood peer when he was here. He signed a football scholarship and is now on the travel team as a redshirt freshman and doing well in college. Speaking falsly about any mans son is not a smart move.

As for saying I talk bad about the coaches behind there back. I happen to like the coaches very much. Some of them and myself along with wives have spent social time together. As for coach Shempert and coach Mallet, they played an important part in my son's development as a player and a young man. I will always be in there debt for that. I have told them and many others this often. Just for the record, yes sometimes I do dissagree with a call.

You really crossed the line by calling me out by name. Even if your facts were right (which they were are not) that is something you simply never do to anyone on a public forum like this. As you can see, the real me is not hiding behind a made up name. I will be at practice when I can, at least once or twice a week supporting the players and coaches. I very much hope you will be an "ADULT" and walk up to me face to face. Since you seem to know me I should'nt be hard to find. Bring ricefarmer with you since he thought it funny to jump on the wagon with you and mention my name in a negative light. Sooner or later I will know who you are. I am willing to forgive and forget if the right action is taken on your part. If not, that too will take care of itself.. I hope to meet you very soon.

To the players and any coaches, good luck the rest of the way through. I can see a strong playoff run building. ya'll are doing great keep it up.

Best of luck guy's
John

NeverQuit

I saw the Coach King/Coach Smith show tonight, and I have to say that there were some obvious officiating errors, but the coaches kept it classy and didn't harp on it.  It's too bad there isn't instant replay.  Both of Batesville's called-back touchdowns should have been counted, and there was also some mis-management of the clock.  I said all that to say that it makes me even more proud that the Pioneers came away with the win.  It would have been easy for those boys to get down over the poor calls, but they lived up to their motto of "A Pioneer Never Quits"!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: NeverQuit on October 19, 2010, 11:00:22 pmBoth of Batesville's called-back touchdowns should have been counted

Watching the replay, I noticed that the refs made the correct calls.

Hoghead

What were the calls that erased the TD's ?

User870

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 20, 2010, 12:55:54 am
Quote from: NeverQuit on October 19, 2010, 11:00:22 pmBoth of Batesville's called-back touchdowns should have been counted

I know the first one was holding, but the second one was off of a play we previoiusly ran 5 times before that and no call.  Did they miss the first 5 or did we do something wrong on the last one Ivan?  I have not watched any film.

Show_870

You have to be crazy if you thought there was a hold on that run. The illegal formation was controversial.

BigD51

Cmacs hand did get a little on the sholder of the defensive lineman, but not enough for a call to be made.  And our receiver may have been off the line, but from film it does look like he was barely on.

27trap

Quote from: User870 on October 20, 2010, 07:29:38 am

I know the first one was holding, but the second one was off of a play we previoiusly ran 5 times before that and no call.  Did they miss the first 5 or did we do something wrong on the last one Ivan?  I have not watched any film.
I watched the whole game from the sidelines and the Wynne coaches kept yelling that was an illegal formation......the ref finally called it on the play that went for a TD. The ref threw the flag as soon as the ball was snapped and didn't wait to see if it was going to be a TD or not. I told C-MAC about that SAT........he said that the team had watched the film that morning and that were going to fix that problem.....C-MAC also said that he did not hold on the 1st  TD  that was called back

olemissjacket99

Quote from: JohnLemkeJr on October 19, 2010, 09:33:00 am

Your actions and comments tward me and my son are completely out of line as well as incorrect.

I am not oldplayer. I dont post on here. I heard about this from him. We do know each other very well and have for many years. He is a grown man and may post whatever he wishes. That has nothing to do with my son or myself. simply because we may have been mentioned in some of his posts.

You brought my son into this when it had no baring on the post what so ever. Anyone who knows him knows your comments are ignorant and fales. He was an honor roll student an all conference player and agood peer when he was here. He signed a football scholarship and is now on the travel team as a redshirt freshman and doing well in college. Speaking falsly about any mans son is not a smart move.

As for saying I talk bad about the coaches behind there back. I happen to like the coaches very much. Some of them and myself along with wives have spent social time together. As for coach Shempert and coach Mallet, they played an important part in my son's development as a player and a young man. I will always be in there debt for that. I have told them and many others this often. Just for the record, yes sometimes I do dissagree with a call.

You really crossed the line by calling me out by name. Even if your facts were right (which they were are not) that is something you simply never do to anyone on a public forum like this. As you can see, the real me is not hiding behind a made up name. I will be at practice when I can, at least once or twice a week supporting the players and coaches. I very much hope you will be an "ADULT" and walk up to me face to face. Since you seem to know me I should'nt be hard to find. Bring ricefarmer with you since he thought it funny to jump on the wagon with you and mention my name in a negative light. Sooner or later I will know who you are. I am willing to forgive and forget if the right action is taken on your part. If not, that too will take care of itself.. I hope to meet you very soon.

To the players and any coaches, good luck the rest of the way through. I can see a strong playoff run building. ya'll are doing great keep it up.

Best of luck guy's
John

Nice try with the two different handles...birds of a feather flock together.....you and your make believe good buddy can air out laundry but if there is a counter thrown you consider it out of line....how do you think that makes those coaches' close ones feel??....GFTG then its GFTG.....sure you are not John STOCKTON the way you can dish it out??

The_Pioneer

October 21, 2010, 08:27:15 am #167 Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 02:25:30 pm by The_Pioneer

Especially the one at the end where he raised both hands to indicate TD.

Foots

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a personal foul an automatic 1st down? There was a play where Batesville was called for a personal foul after stopping Wynne for a loss, but when the officials spotted the ball after marking off the penalty it was 2nd and 3 on the scoreboard (if I remember correctly). Shouldn't that have been an automatic 1st down?

User870

It was a bogus facemask penalty.  I don't know what the high school rule is on that. I know what play you are talking about though and that was the call.

football_referee

In High School football there are on 4 fouls that carry a Automatic 1st Down.
DPI,  Roughing the Passer (Noticed I did not say QB as any body that Passes the ball is protected)  Roughing the Kicker/Holder and Roughing the Snapper.   so to answer your question not all Personal Foul are automatic 1st Downs.

User870

Quote from: football_referee on October 21, 2010, 12:02:03 pm
In High School football there are on 4 fouls that carry a Automatic 1st Down.
DPI,  Roughing the Passer (Noticed I did not say QB as any body that Passes the ball is protected)  Roughing the Kicker/Holder and Roughing the Snapper.   so to answer your question not all Personal Foul are automatic 1st Downs.

So if a team does a halfback pass, and the halfback is tackled after the ball is thrown, they could call a roughing the passer?  I haven't ever seen it happen, but I guess it doesn't really happen that much.

football_referee

yes a halfback can throw a pass and then get nailed and Roughing the passer can be called.  I have called it twice in 13 years.

ricepig

Lot of griping about the officiating, you do know that this crew does 7A games in NWA and state championship games? I'm sure everyone makes mistakes, but they have a good reputation.

JohnLemkeJr

Quote from: olemissjacket99 on October 20, 2010, 09:23:31 pm

Best of luck guy's
John

Nice try with the two different handles...birds of a feather flock together.....you and your make believe good buddy can air out laundry but if there is a counter thrown you consider it out of line....how do you think that makes those coaches' close ones feel??....GFTG then its GFTG.....sure you are not John STOCKTON the way you can dish it out??

Listen man, this is stupid. You have every right to your opinion and you have some valid points. All I'm sayin is 1) you have the wrong guy 2) you don't use peoples names for a number of reasons and 3) you dont try to hurt someone that has nothing to do with the topic at all.

I'm not posting on this topic again. I know the others don't want to read this stuff. So if you wish to say anything else to me about it, please come up to me in person and lets talk about it between us.

As for the game. Penalties or no penalties. I know that any team in the state wacthing the game film of these two teams play each other, would just as soon skirt around them in the playoffs.

User870

I had heard that Ricepig, but it was mainly about when the panalties were called.  We ran the same play 5 times (same formation), and they called a penalty once...on our td!  It doesn't matter now, just saying that is why people are complaining!

ricepig

Maybe they're slow learners, haha, and it took them 5 times to get it right!

BluffHawg

Quote from: User870 on October 21, 2010, 12:52:06 pm
I had heard that Ricepig, but it was mainly about when the panalties were called.  We ran the same play 5 times (same formation), and they called a penalty once...on our td!  It doesn't matter now, just saying that is why people are complaining!

And I'm sure they ran the play absolutely identical everytime.....They're human, they made a mistake and got caught by the official.

User870

Or the officials are human, and missed the mistake the first 5 times.  Stay on your WC threads.  Nobody wants your opinion.

Ricepig, that may be it!  I know that Wynne fans said that their coach was calling for it every time we ran the play, but I wasn't close enough on his side to listen to him!  I'll say this though, I almost came to the Jboro WM game instead of this one!  I'm glad I didn't, because I would have missed an instant classic.  I'm sure you got all you paid for at Jboro.

BluffHawg

Quote from: User870 on October 21, 2010, 01:02:55 pm
Or the officials are human, and missed the mistake the first 5 times.  Stay on your WC threads.  Nobody wants your opinion.

Ricepig, that may be it!  I know that Wynne fans said that their coach was calling for it every time we ran the play, but I wasn't close enough on his side to listen to him!  I'll say this though, I almost came to the Jboro WM game instead of this one!  I'm glad I didn't, because I would have missed an instant classic.  I'm sure you got all you paid for at Jboro.

I haven't seen anything that says "Crybaby Batesville & Wynne fans only" !!!

User870

Surely you mean "Undefeated Batesville and Wynne fans only" right?

Did you see something that read "0-3 vs quality opponents WC only fans only"?

ricepig

I wish we would have had your officiating crew at the J'boro/WM game, at least we would have had some idea of what was going on. They're weren't bad just one way, they were just bad! Three trips in to the red zone in the 3rd quarter and only came away with 3 points was our downfall.

BluffHawg

Quote from: User870 on October 21, 2010, 01:09:31 pm

Your team would've faired no better, however you chose to play the weak sisters catholic school for auto wins!!

User870

I knew y'all were close to them until late 3rd, and the 4th.  I assume y'all will get a 1 or a 2 seed (idk how that stupid power ranking stuff works) and hopefully make some noise in the playoffs.

ricepig

Yep, we kicked a FG to go ahead 17-13 at the start of the 4th quarter. WM ran back the ensuing kickoff and ole big Mo jumped off our backs and on to their's. We should get the #1 or #2, but may not know until after the last game and all the points are added up. Good luck to the Jacket's on their playoff march. 

BigD51

Quote from: User870 on October 21, 2010, 01:09:31 pm

There is absolutely no sense in arguing with a WC fan, everyone knows that they have the tuffest schedule ever created.  There just going to blow through the 5A, like they did against CF.

InYoGrill

Quote from: sssuperpantherfan2 on October 21, 2010, 09:39:06 pm
I just saw this on my yahoo home page news high lights.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Arkansas-announcers-get-a-little-excited-over-a-?urn=highschool-278876

Thanks SSPF2! I wanted to see how that went down. I would have jumped around and fell out of the booth if I had been announcing that play. LOL!

NeverQuit

That video is going viral!  The guys on the video are dads of players who just sit/stand in the stands with their microphones and give a play by play of the game for the local newspaper's webcast.  Actually, member Rampage is the guy who gives the play by play!   The play was unexpected, and I think the call of the play showed the raw emotion of a true Pioneer fan who bleeds orange and black!

Pioneer86

I have found a picture of the "Classic" event Pioneer Man vs. Wynne Bee... What a great memory!!!

GrantMerrill

Quote from: NeverQuit on October 21, 2010, 10:59:18 pm
That video is going viral!  The guys on the video are dads of players who just sit/stand in the stands with their microphones and give a play by play of the game for the local newspaper's webcast.  Actually, member Rampage is the guy who gives the play by play!   The play was unexpected, and I think the call of the play showed the raw emotion of a true Pioneer fan who bleeds orange and black!

The video was played on ESPN Sportscenter about fifteen minutes ago.

User870

It was for sure.  It was titled "Aint no flags"

27trap

Quote from: ricepig on October 21, 2010, 12:58:28 pm
Maybe they're slow learners, haha, and it took them 5 times to get it right!
That may be true, the crew was from Jonesboro.............

PantherBBall_2010

Yeah. I actually saw the video on Sportscenter today. I'm sure the two dads are great guys, but ESPN made Arkansas look its stereotypical self. Uneducated hillbillies. Gotta love the mainstream media.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: olemissjacket99 on October 20, 2010, 09:23:31 pm

Best of luck guy's
John

How do you think the players felt when they were not addressed after the game, yet on Monday and Tuesday....were told by the OC that he didn't feel sorry for them and that they had their butts kicked up and down the field all night.... Reverse mind games is one thing, but that is absolutely ridiculous to throw out when you have a group of seniors like this and the effort they laid out there on the field that night.  This coming from a coach that far as I know has not attended a junior high game, 7th or 8th or any other Yellowjacket event other than what he is paid for...even didn't go to the 9th grade game in Marion, which is where he lives.  I have no support for him left in me, not after tonight's game!  I played for Coach Shempert and respect him, but as a HC he should have more control and has allowed certain things to happen that some know and most don't that has been a cancer for this program now for too long.  If you don't believe me, there are some that are in the know currently and formerly that will tell you the same and more.

Ask the players who the HC is!  Just ask them and their facial expression alone will tell you all you need to know.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Pioneer86 on October 22, 2010, 10:40:58 am
I have found a picture of the "Classic" event Pioneer Man vs. Wynne Bee... What a great memory!!!

right click

save image as

CIA

Hey Uncle Ivan, missed you at the Wynne game.  I was on your sideline most of the night.  Love the classis picture.  Reminds me of the game, Yellow jacket trying to move forward and being stopped by a Pioneer.  Only thing missing is a fumble!
Now how in the crap did yall lose to freaking Paragould?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas