• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 - 5A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, April 06, 2014, 08:01:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

April 06, 2014, 08:01:41 am Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:58:10 am by 3 Dollar
Ok!  Here we go!  This poll is merely an opinionated one based on articles read and the eye test of one individual!

1...White Hall
2...Beebe
3...Vilonia
4...Greenbrier
5...Alma
6...Watson Chapel
7...Harrison
8...Hope
9...Camden Fairview
10..Wynne

:)

As of 4-13-2014:

1...Beebe
2...Vilonia
3...Greenbrier
4...White Hall
5...Magnolia
6...Greene County Tech
7...Paragould
8...DeQueen
9...Alma
10..Watson Chapel

;)

As of 4-20-2014:

1...Vilonia
2...White Hall
3...Paragould
4...Greenbrier
5...Beebe
6...Magnolia
7...Greene County Tech
8...DeQueen
9...Sylvan Hills
10..Batesville

:D

As of 4-27-2014:

1...Vilonia
2...White Hall
3...Paragould
4...Greenbrier
5...Beebe
6...DeQueen
7...Magnolia
8...Batesville
9...Alma
10..Sylvan Hills

;D

As of 5-4-2014:

1...Vilonia
2...White Hall
3...Paragould
4...Greenbrier
5...Beebe
6...DeQueen
7...Magnolia
8...Alma
9...Sylvan Hills
10..Batesville

>:(

As of 5-11-2014:

1...Vilonia
2...White Hall
3...Paragould
4...Beebe
5...De Queen
6...Greenbrier
7...Sylvan Hills
8...Magnolia
9...Alma
10..Watson Chapel

:(

cards fan

Paragould should be somewhere in the mix...

SoftballMom

Paragould beat Harrison last week at Harrison's tournament.

Rothie

Hope does not belong in top 10. If I had to bet I'd bet one and done in State if they make it. Seen them play a few time and can't see them doing much . really enjoy your polls.

chifan

Wynne?  Seriously?

No Paragould?

Casual Observer

April 06, 2014, 12:14:18 pm #5 Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:49:02 pm by Casual Observer
Here is my guess:

1.  Paragould
2.  Beebe
3.  Vilonia
4.  White Hall
5.  Greenbrier
6.  Batesville
7.  Alma
8.  Sylvan Hills
9.  Watson Chapel
10.  Harrison

Sir Blue

DeQueen over Fairview 6-1 and Hope 7-2

BigRedHog

Paragould should be #1 in this poll for sure. 

BBRB

Quote from: Casual Observer on April 06, 2014, 12:14:18 pm
Here is my guess:

1.  Paragould
2.  Beebe
3.  Vilonia
4.  White Hall
5.  Greenbrier
6.  Batesville
7.  Alma
8.  Sylvan Hills
9.  Watson Chapel
10.  Harrison
This one is sure a lot closer from what I've seen....Even though I haven't seen all of these teams yet I think Green County Tech should probably fit in there someplace

BigRedHog

Quote from: BBRB on April 07, 2014, 08:20:14 am
Here is my guess:

1.  Paragould
2.  Beebe
3.  Vilonia
4.  White Hall
5.  Greenbrier
6.  Batesville
7.  Alma
8.  Sylvan Hills
9.  Watson Chapel
10.  Harrison
This one is sure a lot closer from what I've seen....Even though I haven't seen all of these teams yet I think Green County Tech should probably fit in there someplace
I haven't seen Green County Tech play this year but thought I heard that they had struggled early in the year. What is their record in their conference?

BBRB

Quote from: BigRedHog on April 07, 2014, 09:34:52 am
Here is my guess:

1.  Paragould
2.  Beebe
3.  Vilonia
4.  White Hall
5.  Greenbrier
6.  Batesville
7.  Alma
8.  Sylvan Hills
9.  Watson Chapel
10.  Harrison
I haven't seen Green County Tech play this year but thought I heard that they had struggled early in the year. What is their record in their conference?
I know they were swept in Beebe but looked like they would be pretty good....

chifan

GCT is 2-2 in conference play.  Swept at Beebe, swept Wynne at home.  Struggled early, as three starters were still playing basketball. 8-0-1 in their last nine games, seven of which were in South Carolina.

14 of their 17 games played have been away from home.

Scheduled to play Paragould tomorrow, weather permitting.

BigRedHog

Quote from: chifan on April 07, 2014, 04:52:16 pm
GCT is 2-2 in conference play.  Swept at Beebe, swept Wynne at home.  Struggled early, as three starters were still playing basketball. 8-0-1 in their last nine games, seven of which were in South Carolina.

Today will be a tough game and will see where GCT stands.

BBRB

Quote from: chifan on April 07, 2014, 04:52:16 pm

Good luck....Hope ya'll get it in

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland vs GCT 4/10
Should be a good one

Lionheart88

Quote from: 3 Dollar on April 06, 2014, 08:01:41 am
Ok!  Here we go!  This poll is merely an opinionated one based on articles read and the eye test of one individual!

1...White Hall
2...Beebe
3...Vilonia
4...Greenbrier
5...Alma
6...Watson Chapel
7...Harrison
8...Hope
9...Camden Fairview
10..Wynne

Here is my guess:

1.  Paragould
2.  Beebe
3.  Vilonia
4.  White Hall
5.  Greenbrier
6.  Batesville
7.  Alma
8.  Sylvan Hills
9.  Watson Chapel
10.  Harrison

I'm trying to reconcile the differences in these two; what's so great about Paragould that they should be #1, and why doesn't 3D know about them if they're so great?  I'll admit to being a White Hall alum, I still know most of the players and coaches one way or another (they or their parent taught me, church, older siblings/cousins, whatever), so I'm a little biased, but I'm curious why the reigning back-to-back champion should drop down to 4.  They've beaten Greenbrier (6-5), Watson Chapel(4-1), and were ahead of Sylvan Hills when the game was called due to rain (only teams in either poll they've yet faced, though Hope and Camden are on the schedule in the next 10 days).  Outside 5A they beat Sheridan, split with Bald Knob (each winning at home), both #1 in their respective classifications, at least according to 3D.  They're tearing through the South pretty easily.  I'd be interested to see why folks are impressed enough with Paragould to have them up there.  I haven't seen them play, I'm not trying to say they're bad, I just haven't really heard an explanation of why they deserve to be atop 5A.

BBRB

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 09, 2014, 02:55:50 pm

1...White Hall
2...Beebe
3...Vilonia
4...Greenbrier
5...Alma
6...Watson Chapel
7...Harrison
8...Hope
9...Camden Fairview
10..Wynne

Here is my guess:

1.  Paragould
2.  Beebe
3.  Vilonia
4.  White Hall
5.  Greenbrier
6.  Batesville
7.  Alma
8.  Sylvan Hills
9.  Watson Chapel
10.  Harrison

I'm trying to reconcile the differences in these two; what's so great about Paragould that they should be #1, and why doesn't 3D know about them if they're so great?  I'll admit to being a White Hall alum, I still know most of the players and coaches one way or another (they or their parent taught me, church, older siblings/cousins, whatever), so I'm a little biased, but I'm curious why the reigning back-to-back champion should drop down to 4.  They've beaten Greenbrier (6-5), Watson Chapel(4-1), and were ahead of Sylvan Hills when the game was called due to rain (only teams in either poll they've yet faced, though Hope and Camden are on the schedule in the next 10 days).  Outside 5A they beat Sheridan, split with Bald Knob (each winning at home), both #1 in their respective classifications, at least according to 3D.  They're tearing through the South pretty easily.  I'd be interested to see why folks are impressed enough with Paragould to have them up there.  I haven't seen them play, I'm not trying to say they're bad, I just haven't really heard an explanation of why they deserve to be atop 5A.
You are definitely right that not much has appeared on the board regarding Paragould....There strength is mainly from "97 Model Girls" which now are mostly juniors and came from a travel ball team that has been one of the stongest in the south central United States for several years....They have one "World Series" in multiple organizations most of those years. We know they were good and feel they are probably improving til that group graduates....I guess folks just figured they should be near the top and a poll that didn't have them in the top 10 was missing something.
That said, White Hall is a very good team...They graduated some good players from last years team including the Dem Gazette player of the year who moved on to the Ladybacks...
Once you get into the top several teams it's anybody's to win....At least I hope so since I'm not associated with either school

BBRB

By the way...These things aren't supposed to be ROCKET surgery..HA
Just something to talk about

scrub

Paragould and Beebe are loaded with college talent.  Many players from each are going to be moving on to play in college.  I got to watch Batesville and Watson Chapel over the weekend.  Watson Chapel is very talented.  Batesville is talented and very scrappy. 

Lionheart88

I see.  Y'know, now that I think about it, Paragould made it to the semifinals last year, didn't they?  I remember them being in the other game after White Hall's.  That makes sense that they'd be a quality squad again this year.

Heat13

Quote from: BBRB on April 09, 2014, 03:42:40 pm

1...White Hall
2...Beebe
3...Vilonia
4...Greenbrier
5...Alma
6...Watson Chapel
7...Harrison
8...Hope
9...Camden Fairview
10..Wynne

Here is my guess:

1.  Paragould
2.  Beebe
3.  Vilonia
4.  White Hall
5.  Greenbrier
6.  Batesville
7.  Alma
8.  Sylvan Hills
9.  Watson Chapel
10.  Harrison

You are definitely right that not much has appeared on the board regarding Paragould....There strength is mainly from "97 Model Girls" which now are mostly juniors and came from a travel ball team that has been one of the stongest in the south central United States for several years....They have one "World Series" in multiple organizations most of those years. We know they were good and feel they are probably improving til that group graduates....I guess folks just figured they should be near the top and a poll that didn't have them in the top 10 was missing something.
That said, White Hall is a very good team...They graduated some good players from last years team including the Dem Gazette player of the year who moved on to the Ladybacks...
Once you get into the top several teams it's anybody's to win....At least I hope so since I'm not associated with either school

and the starting pitcher from that travel club moved to Paragould this year so 5 starters from said travel club are now starters for Paragould....definitely some strong 5A teams and I would definitely pay to watch some of those matchups...

helmethair

Hope and Camden is laughable

BBRB

Quote from: Heat13 on April 10, 2014, 09:13:03 am

1...White Hall
2...Beebe
3...Vilonia
4...Greenbrier
5...Alma
6...Watson Chapel
7...Harrison
8...Hope
9...Camden Fairview
10..Wynne

Here is my guess:

1.  Paragould
2.  Beebe
3.  Vilonia
4.  White Hall
5.  Greenbrier
6.  Batesville
7.  Alma
8.  Sylvan Hills
9.  Watson Chapel
10.  Harrison

and the starting pitcher from that travel club moved to Paragould this year so 5 starters from said travel club are now starters for Paragould....definitely some strong 5A teams and I would definitely pay to watch some of those matchups...
Paragould is at Beebe on the 15th...should be quite a matchup

Heat13

Quote from: BBRB on April 10, 2014, 12:11:50 pm
Quote from: Heat13 on April 10, 2014, 09:13:03 am

1...White Hall
2...Beebe
3...Vilonia
4...Greenbrier
5...Alma
6...Watson Chapel
7...Harrison
8...Hope
9...Camden Fairview
10..Wynne

Here is my guess:

1.  Paragould
2.  Beebe
3.  Vilonia
4.  White Hall
5.  Greenbrier
6.  Batesville
7.  Alma
8.  Sylvan Hills
9.  Watson Chapel
10.  Harrison

Paragould is at Beebe on the 15th...should be quite a matchup

yeah that is going to be a great high school game....would almost skip my daughter's game to go watch that one

Casual Observer

Here is my guess:

1.  Paragould
2.  Beebe
3.  Vilonia
4.  White Hall
5.  Greenbrier
6.  Batesville
7.  Alma
8.  Sylvan Hills
9.  Watson Chapel
10.  Harrison

Wow, I had no idea I'd be quoted so much.  I thought everyone was going to guess....not just comment on other's guesses!

In any event....I'm ready to modify my poll.  Here goes.

1.    Beebe
2.    White Hall
3.    Vilonia
4.    Paragould
5.    Greene County Tech
6.    Greenbrier
7.    Sylvan Hills
8.    Batesville
9.    Alma
10.  Watson Chapel

Panthers44

Tech 4-0 game one over Paragould!

backatyou

Alma sweeps Harrison 10-0 first game 9-8 in 10 innings second game.

Panthers44

Sir Blue

5A -South
Magnolia          4-0
De Queen         5-1
White Hall         4-1
Watson Chapel   3-3
Fairview           2-3
Hope               2-4
Lakeside          1-4
Hot Springs      0-5

Lionheart88

I don't know if Hope just has our number, or it's an issue of matchups, or what, but they've beat us twice in two years (so far) which, I believe, makes them the only team in conference White Hall doesn't have a winning record against for this year and last together (so far, the year obviously isn't over yet)

3 Dollar

Updated!

Please post all 5A scores for the week of 4/13 - 4/19 on this thread!

Thank You!

UknoMe

Watched the Dequeen an Watson Chapel game. Dequeen starts 7 freshman that looks to be getting it together in middle of season.

helmethair

Never heard of a team that starts 7 freshman in a high school sport.  That is odd

lee71

Beebe started 6 to 7 freshman 2 years ago and they all have played for the last 2 years and only have 1 senior starter now.

lee71

April 14, 2014, 10:57:34 am #34 Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:59:05 am by lee71
Correction that would be 3 years ago.

BBRB

Quote from: lee71 on April 14, 2014, 10:50:44 am
Beebe started 6 to 7 freshman 2 years ago and they all have played for the last 2 years and only have 1 senior starter now.
I think it was 7...Two of those are gone this year (one Bball injury and one moved out of state)  Both were replaced by this year's freshmen that are doing a GREAT job

Lionheart88

Quote from: helmethair on April 14, 2014, 09:40:54 am
Never heard of a team that starts 7 freshman in a high school sport.  That is odd
White Hall stated as many as 5 freshmen in girls soccer last year.

UknoMe

Correction on that...
6 freshman
2 juniors
1 senior

DQSB

De Queen 9 Lakeside 1 in yesterday's game

UknoMe

Does anybody have any other 5A scores from lastnight? If so please post...

chifan

4/17

Paragould   4
Beebe        0

Paragould   6
Beebe        0

softballcoacher

Paragould swept Beebe 4-0,6-0
Paragould is now 17-1 on the season

They start 1 senior, 3 Juniors,
3 sophomores, and 2 freshman

Lionheart88

Quote from: UknoMe on April 16, 2014, 08:21:21 pm
Does anybody have any other 5A scores from lastnight? If so please post...
White Hall mercy ruled Hot Springs last night 17-0.  I'm told WH's pitcher didn't even throw 50 pitches.

BBRB

Quote from: softballcoacher on April 16, 2014, 08:54:07 pm
Paragould swept Beebe 4-0,6-0
Paragould is now 17-1 on the season

They start 1 senior, 3 Juniors,
3 sophomores, and 2 freshman
Paragould looked really good in all phases of the game...Pretty sure that first one was a no hitter

DQSB

De Queen 6
Magnolia 0

Good conference win for De Queen, but the game was closer than the score shows. Magnolia is the most improved team in the 5A South since last year.

Lionheart88

White Hall 3-1 over Camden Fairview @ Camden.

Forrest City H

Vilonia swept Morrilton last night 5-4 and 6-4.  Now 6-0 in the conference with Alma coming to town next Friday. 

BigRedHog

4-17-14 Paragould 12 over Mt. Home 8

Casual Observer

April 18, 2014, 01:27:37 pm #48 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:30:40 pm by Casual Observer
Here's my newest guess.  I'd actually like to reserve the right to make my final guess AFTER the state tournament.  I think I can be pretty accurate then!

1.    Paragould
2.    White Hall
3.    Beebe
4.    Vilonia
5.    Dequeen
6.    Greene County Tech
7.    Greenbrier
8.    Batesville
9.    Alma
10.  Watson Chapel

helmethair

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas