• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 7A/6A Softball Schedule -- Conference games only

Started by woodpeckerfsm, March 02, 2014, 09:39:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woodpeckerfsm

XXXnOut

I'm confused as why AAA has some teams like Russellville listed as 7A, but they are 6A state champions. That doesn't make sense to me....

maxswine

There are 6A teams that are in a mixed conference of 6A & 7A teams. 

For instance, the Central has 7A teams Southside, Northside, Conway, and Mt. St. Mary's.  The 6A teams in that conference are Greenwood, Russellville, Parkview, and Hall.  When state playoffs come, they split into their classes of 6A and 7A.

Next year, the same mixed conference apply, but the teams change.  I believe it's Greenwood, Russellville, Alma, and Siloam Springs joining with Conway, Van Buren, Bryant and Catholic.  But I could be mistaken on a couple of those teams. 

MarionBlueDevil

Marion beat West Memphis 11-1 on Tuesday and lost 8-5 to North Little Rock yesterday.

Lady Pats host Jonesboro this afternoon. Will post score ASAP.

Valleysports

Marian wins - Jonesboro loses .........  if you can't post tonight, we can wait until tomorrow. 

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Valleysports on April 18, 2014, 02:07:22 pm
Marian wins - Jonesboro loses .........  if you can't post tonight, we can wait until tomorrow.

How are the Lady Golden Hurricane this year? Marion's not bad. Lost two conference games to Cabot and North Little Rock.

ricepig

April 19, 2014, 08:59:54 am #6 Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:42:00 pm by ricepig
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 18, 2014, 03:22:32 pm

How are the Lady Golden Hurricane this year? Marion's not bad. Lost two conference games to Cabot and North Little Rock.

5-3 after the win at Marion yesterday.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: ricepig on April 19, 2014, 08:59:54 am
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 18, 2014, 03:22:32 pm

5-3 after the win at Marion yesterday.

Salt in the wound!

Marion got off the mat on Friday by beating Cabot 7-6.

Valleysports

7A Softball is weak this year - however I like it, because Slow Pitch is a team sport and not near as boring as watching a game where no one gets on base.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas