• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Teams in 4A this year?

Started by softball25, February 21, 2014, 10:37:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

softball25

Who will be the top teams in 4A this year?

Eaglemaniac

Hamburg should be very strong this year.

NEA Razorback olfan

1-Adam-12

From the 4-4A Mena and Booneville will be strong and never count Pottsville out.

hawgfan15

Nashville will be right back in the middle of things. The only question will be starting pitching and who will step up and be the ace. From top to bottom this might be the best hitting team they have had. We have a very deep and talented freshman class

GobsRule

gamechanger11

SouthsideBatesville and Bald Knob

3 Dollar

ladybulldogs

eagle1

Nashville and Ashdown both should be in the mix.

NEA Razorback olfan

Marion at Brookland March 17th
Should be a good one!!

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

March 18, 2014, 09:49:55 pm #12 Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:05:04 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland over Gosnell 15-0 DH
Both games.

Congrats Jordan Maynard who pitched a perfect game!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 1
Beebe 0
Final 8 innings

BigRedHog

3-20-14
Paragould 7 Valley View 6
Good Game!

Panthers44

Quote from: BigRedHog on March 21, 2014, 08:33:08 am
3-20-14
Good Game!
This game is big surprise with Paragould good hitters!

BigRedHog

Quote from: Panthers44 on March 21, 2014, 03:29:38 pm
Quote from: BigRedHog on March 21, 2014, 08:33:08 am
3-20-14
Good Game!
This game is big surprise with Paragould good hitters!

Valley View has some pretty good hitters as well.

old dawg

From what I saw this weekend, Westside is really good. I realize they have to play some powerhouses but they are solid. The line-up is really good and so is the pitching. Outfield needs to improve.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland at Westside tomorrow!
Should be a good game!

Panthers44

Where did they play this weekend? And who?

Rothie

Westside Johnson Co. Played in Debra MacMasters tournament. Beat Malvern Avery and lost in the 8th inning to SH in a very good game. They sure up there outfield and they will be a a very tough team. The top 5 in their lineup is very tough and one or two others are not bad. Just from what I seen this weekend.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Rothie on March 24, 2014, 05:00:44 pm
Westside Johnson Co. Played in Debra MacMasters tournament. Beat Malvern Avery and lost in the 8th inning to SH in a very good game. They sure up there outfield and they will be a a very tough team. The top 5 in their lineup is very tough and one or two others are not bad. Just from what I seen this weekend.

Brookland plays Jonesboro Westside

BIG_K

Just be SURE not to name any of the weak spots in the outfield

ladybulldogs

Brookland is my pick for top 4A team this year.

1-Adam-12

I dunno. Mena won the Fay/Farm tournament convincingly, having only one close game in it.  They are going to be very tough.  In fact three other 4-4A teams (Booneville, Pottsville and Waldron) also are solid, not to mention Farmington from the 1, Nashville and Ashdown from the 7 and Hamburg from the 8.

BBRB

Quote from: ladybulldogs on March 24, 2014, 10:00:02 pm
I can't imagine anyone much tougher....You have to score to beat them....That sure isn't easy to do at their place.....They have a pretty big strike zone up there and JM will be right on the edge of it...\
Better take your 42" bats...HA!!

Panthers44

Panthers44

Panthers44

arfastpitch

Quote from: BBRB on March 25, 2014, 07:36:16 am
I can't imagine anyone much tougher....You have to score to beat them....That sure isn't easy to do at their place.....They have a pretty big strike zone up there and JM will be right on the edge of it...\
I believe Beebe pitcher had same strike zone. Both pitchers pitched one heck of a game. Might face each other again this weekend.

Panthers44

Thats what i was thinkn too! She pitched a great game as well just made one mistake in the zone!

NEA Razorback olfan

March 25, 2014, 09:58:37 pm #31 Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:00:48 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on March 24, 2014, 11:16:28 pm
I dunno. Mena won the Fay/Farm tournament convincingly, having only one close game in it.  They are going to be very tough.  In fact three other 4-4A teams (Booneville, Pottsville and Waldron) also are solid, not to mention Farmington from the 1, Nashville and Ashdown from the 7 and Hamburg from the 8.

Looks like Mena and Brookland have both played Nashville
Mena won 6-4
Brookland 9-1 -TOC

BBRB

Quote from: arfastpitch on March 25, 2014, 08:24:42 pm
Quote from: BBRB on March 25, 2014, 07:36:16 am
I believe Beebe pitcher had same strike zone. Both pitchers pitched one heck of a game. Might face each other again this weekend.
You would think so...Unless you were sitting behind the plate....Beebe got some room up in the zone....until the last two innings...Brookland got a good 10 inches off the outside corner to right handed batters....
Regardless...A good pitcher uses the edges of the zone and Brookland did an EXCELLENT job of that

pdj

NEA Razorback olfan

Beebe is solid , a top 5A team!!

BBRB

Coach Ernest-Nashville

Brookland and Mena are both excellent teams who are very well coached. Brookland plays a little more small ball when they have to but both teams have excellent pitching and can really swing it. I'd pay to watch that game when they meet.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Coach Ernest-Nashville on March 26, 2014, 05:32:52 pm
Brookland and Mena are both excellent teams who are very well coached. Brookland plays a little more small ball when they have to but both teams have excellent pitching and can really swing it. I'd pay to watch that game when they meet.

Hmm , Lady Bearcats vs Lady Bearcats , sounds like a good one!!

gamechanger11

Looks like if Clinton shut out Harding. Clinton must be a very solid team.

BigRedHog

Quote from: Panthers44 on March 25, 2014, 05:22:15 pm
16-2 Brookland 5 innings

I wonder why Westside didn't pitch their #1 pitcher. That game being a conference game doesn't make sense to me.

fpfan

Westside pitched a slower pitcher to start. Brookland hit a grand slam off of her. Then they put in the "number 1," and Brookland hit 2 over the fence on her. A coaching strategy I suppose. It might of had some merit last year considering how Brookland hitting struggled against Valleyview in the post season. This year, or this round anyway, neither Westside pitcher had a successful outing.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland sweeps Valley View in a DH
1-0
4-1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas