• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jr High Tournament

Started by busta, February 04, 2014, 09:35:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mack

Quote from: Dr. Defense on February 18, 2014, 11:59:37 am
BP is probably sad because as a boy they would not let him play softball

I am sad they would not let me play softball  :-)

Lionheart88

I'm sad I never thought to ask if I could be a manager.  You'd think teenage me would have wanted to maximize his time hanging around with the prettiest girls in the school, but noooo, I was too busy running track.  Idiot.

backatyou

Sounds like he struggled with Red Rover!

beaverpride

maybe we could start a pay to play red rover world series, invite 3 teams, give them all trophies and name them all all stars......wait...youth softball has already done that....so much for that idea

yahoo

BBRB

Quote from: beaverpride on February 19, 2014, 09:23:09 am
maybe we could start a pay to play red rover world series, invite 3 teams, give them all trophies and name them all all stars......wait...youth softball has already done that....so much for that idea
Must be a typo...You forgot to say BAY...BEE!!

Mike Love

Can we just move on???? Will someone please complain about their freshman DD not being the starting pitcher and batting clean-up!!! Its coming, just when?

Xmulerider

It will come from a benton parent this year.  For sure!:)

beaverpride

Any new world series champs this week??

Lionheart88

Quote from: Mike Love on February 20, 2014, 08:12:05 am
Can we just move on???? Will someone please complain about their freshman DD not being the starting pitcher and batting clean-up!!! Its coming, just when?
White Hall's supposed to have some really good freshmen this year, but I think their parents are smart enough not to start any drama.  Ok, most of them are, there's always an outlier.

Xmulerider

DogsWin7

In need of a.....permanent holiday?  :) lol!     

A few more weeks and softball season starts....only a matter of time.   

BBRB

Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 20, 2014, 02:03:52 pm
White Hall's supposed to have some really good freshmen this year, but I think their parents are smart enough not to start any drama.  Ok, most of them are, there's always an outlier.
That's all we need....They were already pretty dang tough...HA!!

busta

Back on track please!   There are now 5 confirmed teams.   We are looking for 12.   Please contact 501-592-1380
Thank You!

ST

Quote from: beaverpride on February 18, 2014, 09:23:04 am
no sweet...never played that poontang game...and didnt grow up a rich spoiled brat like yall are doing with all this travel ball fall ball summer ball and spring ball...when do the kids get to be kids???quit living your life through them and making them miserable...but yes u did affirm it is pay to play!!! Yall going to that southeast regional .com first state bank 2 team invitational world series?? maybe you can come home with that trophy baby!!!!! you would pee your panties if ever in a conflict

Did your kid get cut or something? Why are you here if none of this matters to you?

BTW, I know a group of kids that were all-stars when they were kids and were all-stars their whole high school career. Oh, and some of them are playing in college right now as well. No need for me to say who they are.lol!

beaverpride

ummmmm... arent they all ALL-STARS when they are young? You give them ALL trophies, Tell them they made the"travel team", which is ironic because you have to post on fearless friday to try and get teams to join tournaments...therefore there must be a lack of competence, participation, or interest. And by the way...playing in college CBC or or any other D 3 non scholarship college is merely intramural...

BBRB

Quote from: beaverpride on February 28, 2014, 09:39:25 am
ummmmm... arent they all ALL-STARS when they are young? You give them ALL trophies, Tell them they made the"travel team", which is ironic because you have to post on fearless friday to try and get teams to join tournaments...therefore there must be a lack of competence, participation, or interest. And by the way...playing in college CBC or or any other D 3 non scholarship college is merely intramural...
OH NO HE D'UNT....HA!!

ST

You are a true moron. People posting on FF to get teams to join is for fundraising. Not to boost any DD up for anything. In the world of travel ball, trophies aren't the prize. It is apparent you do not have a clue. BTW, the girls I speak of are not playing at the colleges you referenced. However, if any were, it is still an accomplishment to be playing college ball. Intramural isn't schollie funded btw.

You have got to be one very sad parent to come on here like this and rant about something you don't have a clue about. Your kid(s), if you have them, must be really must be proud of you. Just saying.

pdj

Quote from: Xmulerider on February 20, 2014, 08:19:51 am
It will come from a benton parent this year.  For sure!:)

I like the idea of jr high tournaments.  If nothing else it will be a good exercise in adult education.

There a few frosh players I am anxious to watch this season, and one of them is in Benton.

Pitcher

You could just change the year to 2007 and the craziness is the same. Lol

Xmulerider

beaverpride

World Series Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....get that Scholly to D 3.....(Walk on)....Go All Stars

Mike Love

ok leave-it-to-beaver, I've let you slide, show your ignorance, but now, well, its time. There is a HUGE difference in CBC-(NAIA) and say Hendrix-(NCAA D-3). In NAIA, especially Arkansas, CBC, Williams Baptist, Lyon College etc, they probably give more money in $$$$ scholarships, just for softball, than all the D-2's and many D-1's combined. The reason is, they have more to give. I have a DD who went the CBC-NAIA route, and she was offered more money-2 sports-1 being softball-at CBC, than all the D-2's offered her. I also have a younger DD, who is at a D-3-University of the Ozarks-who got 0 for athletics(D-3's have no athletic money) but got $112,000 on academics, and plays hoop. As I will be lurking around many ball fields this spring and summer, look me up, and say to my face that athletes who go to NAIA and D-3 are just intramurel players, or better yet, tell them.

beaverpride

Well mikie boy...im sure you know all about schollies living in the athlete rich town of Sheridan....that was sarcasm mikie....And your knowledge of softball is amazing....But mikie...Men know about Football, not softball....I get on here to get Dumb A's like you all stirred up...And by the way CBC Has never paid an athlete to play, nor has any other D3 school...and yes, it is the same as walking on due to the fact that no scholarship for athletics is awarded and if they were good enough they would have went to a university that offered scholarships for athletics....Sorry Mike, Go back down to the Yellowjacket Drive in and cry now....HAHAHA

br549

My daughters both got softball scholarships,  not academic, not grants, SOFTBALL scholarship money to play softball at Central Baptist College. They will be freshman next fall so...

3 Dollar

I'm really not getting all of you experienced Posters!!

Haven't you figured this Purve out?  He/She's dying for attention.  Please just ignore and they will all go away!

Thank You!

This is not a response to the Purve either.  It is merely a word of advice to all the experienced Softball Posters!

Again, Thank You!

beaverpride

sorry, but CBC DOES NOT GIVE ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS....They tell them to come play for them and give them money for academics.....NO D3 School can give an athletic scholarship...You live in your own little worlds and want to be told and think your little gal got a scholly but she didnt...Per the NCAA...straight from their website...has to hurt.....Colleges and universities that belong to the National Collegiate Athletic Association (better known as the NCAA) typically offer sports at either the Division 1, Division 2, or Division 3 level. Division 1 is the most selective and Division 3 the least ... but, even so, there's a big jump between being a good high school athlete and being qualified to play at college on any level, even Div. 3.

NCAA rules prohibit athletic scholarships at Division 3 colleges. You'll have to go to Div. 1 or 2 for softball  (more on that in a minute). But, if you qualify for need-based financial aid or some other form of merit scholarship (e.g., for academics, arts, etc.) then you may indeed receive $$ to attend a Div. 3 school ... you just can't get the money specifically for softball......And that is from the NCAA....carry on

Wolfman34

beaverpride

The only small colleges that can potentially give some scholarship money are those belonging to the NAIA.......Not NCAA.....There are about 300 small NAIA schools in the U.S.....Many are the size of a small high school and therefore not much different. The sad problem is that so many parents want to say their child is getting a scholarship to play at a university when the child themselves would much rather go to a real school and focus on their education....But hey, get that NAIA $300 scholly and play in front of 15 people and call it a real college scholarship if you want to..

beaverpride

this is from CBC's website.....
Year Founded:1952Religious Affiliation:BaptistCollege Type:Private , SuburbanEnrollment:522 (full time undergrad) Tuition In State:$11,610Tuition Out of State:$11,610Division:NAIAConference:N/AAdd School to Favorites Email the Coaches This is the Central Baptist College Softball scholarship and program information page. Here you will get information regarding the school and information on their Softball program like who to make contact with about recruiting, names of ... Read More Athletics InformationConference:N/ADivision:NAIAAthletic Director:Mr. Lyle MiddletonSoftball Coaching StaffCrystal Robinson Head Coach Chelsea Sanders Assistant Sports OfferedBaseballMen's BasketballMen's GolfMen's SoccerSoftballWomen's BasketballWomen's GolfWomen's SoccerWomen's VolleyballWrestlingSee More on this School Central Baptist College Information Provided by College Prowler
Admissions Contact InfoAdmissions Toll Free Phone:Admissions Phone:(501) 329-6872Admissions Email:N/AAcademic RequirementsAcademic Selectivity:Most SelectiveReligious Requirements:YesSpecific Religious Requirements:30-hour biblical studies core required.Application InformationApplication Deadline:YesApplication Deadline Date:January 1Application Final Date: Application Priority Date: Notification Date: Rolling Admissions:NoEarly Action:YesEarly Action Closing Date: Early Decision:YesEarly Decision Deadline: Common Application:YesStudent Body AveragesACTAverage Freshman GPA:0.0Average ACT Composite:0Average ACT English:0Average ACT Math:0Average ACT Writing:0ACT 25th Percentile:0%ACT 75th Percentile:0%SATAverage SAT 1 Combined:0Average SAT 1 Math:0Average SAT 1 Verbal:0SAT 25th Percentile:0%SAT 75th Percentile:0%SAT 2 Requirements: MajorsMost Popular Majors:, , Pre-Professional Programs:Other Pre-Professional Programs:Combined 3-2 Programs: Majors Offered:Biology,Business Management,Data Processing,Education Studies and Research,Human Resources,Liberal Arts and Humanities,Medicine and Medical Studies,Military Systems Technology,Psychology,Public Policy, Administration, and Social Work,Sales and Marketing,Theology and Religious Vocations,Central Baptist College Information Provided by College Prowler
LocationCity/Town Situated In:ConwayPopulation:54000Major City Closest To School:Little RockDistance Of Major City:25 MilesClosest International Airport:Little RockDistance To International Airport:32 MilesClosest Other Airport:ConwayDistance To Other Airport:1 MilesLocation Description:11-acre campus in Conway (population: 43,167), 30 miles north of Little Rock. Served by bus; airport and train serve Little Rock.
DemographicsMale:54.84%Female:45.16%African American:%Asian American:%Caucasian:0.00%Hispanic:0.00%International:0.00%Other:0.00%Student Faculty Ratio:0:1Out State Freshmen:0%Campus Size:11 acresCampus LifeFreshmen In School Housing:0%Students Live On Campus:0%Students Live Off Campus:0%Students Live On Campus During Weekends:0%Housing Types:Fraternities & SororitiesFraternities & Sororities:YNumber Of Fraternities:0Number Of Sororities:0Join Fraternities:0%Join Sororities:0%ROTCAir Force ROTC: Navy ROTC: Army ROTC: Central Baptist College Information Provided by College Prowler
Financial Aid
Financial Aid Toll Free Number: Financial Aid Phone: Financial Aid Email: Aid Notification Date: Financial Aid Forms:FAFSATuition Instate:$11,610Tuition Out of State:$11,610Room & Board:$7,400Average Debt On Graduation:$0Scholarship Numbers
FTF = First Time Freshmen
FTU = Full Time Undergraduate
Average Non-Need Based Athletic Grant and Scholarship Amount: FTF :$0FTU : $0Number of Students Who Received Non-Need Based Athletic Grants and Scholarships: FTF :0FTU : 0Average Non-Need Based Scholarship or Grant Amount: FTF :$0FTU : $0Average Need-Based Loan Amount: FTF :$0FTU : $0Average Need-Based-Self-Help-Award Amount: FTF :$0FTU : $0Average Need-Based Scholarship or Grant Amount: FTF :$0FTU : $0Average Financial Aid Package: FTF :$0FTU : $0Average Percentage Of Need Met (Based on EFC): FTF :0%FTU : 0%Central Baptist College Information Provided by College Prowler College Recruiting
Made Simple
Build a free recruiting profile in the only network trusted by 42,000 college coaches.
Parents Start Here
Athletes Start Here NCSA Alumni at Central Baptist College
Rebecca Lowe

Class of 2014

Women's Volleyball

Hayden Russell

Class of 2014

Men's Golf

Steven Thomas

Class of 2013

Men's Basketball

Joseph Shell

Class of 2013

Baseball

Nick Hefley

Class of 2012

Baseball

Other People also Viewed
Concordia University - Texas
Galveston College
Hardin-Simmons University
McKendree University
Missouri Baptist University Athletics
Admissions & Academics
Environment
Financial

mack

Quote from: 3 Dollar on March 06, 2014, 11:19:21 am
I'm really not getting all of you experienced Posters!!

Haven't you figured this Purve out?  He/She's dying for attention.  Please just ignore and they will all go away!

Thank You!

This is not a response to the Purve either.  It is merely a word of advice to all the experienced Softball Posters!

Again, Thank You!

You're absolutely correct.  But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  Beaver is like that zit your mom told you to keep your fingers off of.  You just couldn't do it.  Whoever the Beave is, he/she is the perfect, and I mean perfect Troll, as well as that zit mom warned you about.  Beave doesn't get it.  I never once tried to include talk of a softball scholarship into DDs development until her Jr year when it became clear she would get a few offers.  I was more concerned with the personal things she learned from 8 and under on up.  Teamwork, individual effort, fearlessness and organization were all traits she might have nurtured playing with Barbie dolls and playing x-Box instead of peewee ball,,,,, but I doubt it.  The scholarships were just a bonus.  My big payoff was watching a little girl grow into a confidant young woman.

Our sport does a lot more good than it does bad.

Mike Love

Quote from: beaverpride on March 06, 2014, 09:24:59 am
Well mikie boy...im sure you know all about schollies living in the athlete rich town of Sheridan....that was sarcasm mikie....And your knowledge of softball is amazing....But mikie...Men know about Football, not softball....I get on here to get Dumb A's like you all stirred up...And by the way CBC Has never paid an athlete to play, nor has any other D3 school...and yes, it is the same as walking on due to the fact that no scholarship for athletics is awarded and if they were good enough they would have went to a university that offered scholarships for athletics....Sorry Mike, Go back down to the Yellowjacket Drive in and cry now....HAHAHA
Well I guess the papers she got where it says $7000 in athletic scholarships were bogus, and I guess the fact that she had to chose 1 or the other, she couldn't stack, so to speak, was all bogus. And I guess the fact that I never had to pay a dime, bec ause of her athletic scholarship, pell grant(fafsa to those uneducated)and lottery scholarship was enough to cover tuition, rm and board, plus get a refund. And I guess the papers where it breaks down cost and fees, the line where it said "athletic scholarship" was a figment of our imagination. and I guess her high school team-mate got a bogus athletic scholarship at Williams Baptist. And they were pretty good athletes. I know mine was "all-state" in 3 sports for 2 years, and "all-conference" in 3 sports for 4 years. And all I had was girls, but I think I earned the right to be called a man while serving in the USMC, so nipple-heads like you could have free speech. CBC is NAIA Div-1. But maybe, if tyou believe in fate and Karma, you will be driving in LR in the future and mess up, and she will be your police officer, and you can tell her, face to face, that she aint an athlete nor got a cent in athletic money from CBC. And she was offered athletic money from almost every school in state. Not bad for 5'4" inch white non-athlete.

busta

Hey Mike, do you remember Ron White's (Tater Salad) favorite saying?
"You can't fix stupid!" 

BBRB

Quote from: busta on March 08, 2014, 08:23:20 pm
Hey Mike, do you remember Ron White's (Tater Salad) favorite saying?
"You can't fix stupid!"
That and SCOLLY BABY...HA!!

Mike Love

Like John Wayne said-"Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid". :p

beaverpride

well mike, i hate to publicly embarrass you but you brought this upon yourself...First and foremost, Either youre lying OR the Sheridan coaches AND CBC's website are lying( on the website where it shows 0 is the nuber of students receiving Athletic scholarships which i previously posted)..The Sheridan coaches have nothing to gain by lying and neither does CBC...Mike however, has to eat alot of crow...And the 7000 dollars is bogus anyway...Most baseball and softball scholarships at MAJOR D 1 schools are split up and not full scholarships...Most of them do not even receive 7000 dollars...Next point...You say you are disabled and dont work....Hmmm, that didnt hamper you from bugging the crap out of the Sheridan Coaches and hitting and throwing softballs and driving around all day....Youre to lazy to work and are a burden to society....If you even were in the forces, which i doubt, you are an eyesore to the many Vets that come home and bust their butt even though they were truly hurt having a leg blown off or being shot...There are many vets in wheel chairs that work...I do not see how you are more disabled than them...And to those brave souls I salute and thank them and they are heroes.....Next, Per the Sheridan coaches themselves....Youre a joke and a huge pain in the Rear and glad that you dont come around much anymore...So, sorry Mikie but you brought that upon yourself...Now try and find something positive to do for the community today besides driving around and spending tax-payer dollars and smoking...Thanks, Beave out.....

Xmulerider

birdman1981

Do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

br549

Quote from: beaverpride on March 10, 2014, 09:24:32 am
well mike, i hate to publicly embarrass you but you brought this upon yourself...First and foremost, Either youre lying OR the Sheridan coaches AND CBC's website are lying( on the website where it shows 0 is the nuber of students receiving Athletic scholarships which i previously posted)..The Sheridan coaches have nothing to gain by lying and neither does CBC...Mike however, has to eat alot of crow...And the 7000 dollars is bogus anyway...Most baseball and softball scholarships at MAJOR D 1 schools are split up and not full scholarships...Most of them do not even receive 7000 dollars...Next point...You say you are disabled and dont work....Hmmm, that didnt hamper you from bugging the crap out of the Sheridan Coaches and hitting and throwing softballs and driving around all day....Youre to lazy to work and are a burden to society....If you even were in the forces, which i doubt, you are an eyesore to the many Vets that come home and bust their butt even though they were truly hurt having a leg blown off or being shot...There are many vets in wheel chairs that work...I do not see how you are more disabled than them...And to those brave souls I salute and thank them and they are heroes.....Next, Per the Sheridan coaches themselves....Youre a joke and a huge pain in the Rear and glad that you dont come around much anymore...So, sorry Mikie but you brought that upon yourself...Now try and find something positive to do for the community today besides driving around and spending tax-payer dollars and smoking...Thanks, Beave out.....

I guess that means I am a liar also, my parents are going to be very disappointed with me. More importantly how am I going to afford for my girls to go to CBC? I mean this guy knows everything!

Mike Love

Definition time:
Ignorance-not knowing the facts
Stupidity-Knowing the facts and doing it anyway
Insanity-To keep doing or saying the same thing and expecting a different result

Now there are many, many of my softball friends on this board, many going back years. They all know who my DD was, know what she accomplished, and know where and why she went there. So I would guess you would call them liars as well.

I have had 3 DD's graduate from Sheridan, all athletes. Everyone here knows the hours and time I donated to the program. And all the fundraising. for 25 years.
This year, with not a child there, I did a fundraiser for the girls jr high coach. Also volunteered for the softball team. Just to help out the kids.
You obviously know nothing of my relationship with the coaches, the ones I associate with. There are some who I do not associate with, and have no interest to.
I take offense that you would disparage the service of any veteran, me included. I dont smoke, never have, and I also work, more than most know. And pay a ton of taxes. I hate for you that you are so mis-informed. Now, I have to go to work. Please get a life.

mack

Quote from: beaverpride on March 10, 2014, 09:24:32 am

I really never understood that bumper " Mean people suck"

Until now.......

ST

I guess he doesn't know what a big nasty  and nanner puddin is. what a noob

beaverpride

um...sorry mikie, been busy with a real job trying to support you and your friends with my tax donations....And by the way...to disabled to work but can volunteer to hit softballs and umpire games doesnt add up....and umpiring 3 days a week is not a real job....i wonder if the government knows your drawing disability and being paid?? Facts are facts and ive laid them out for all on here to see.  cant help that your 3 friends are to da** dumb to know the truth...and sorry treadway isnt there anymore for you to go kiss up too...the rest are kind of glad cause they dont have to deal with your superior knowledge anymore...Back to work....( work that pays for you)...And i support all veterans, but i have a hard time believing anyone that lies this much on a high school website ever got a scratch in a real conflict...Real war veterans have better things to do

Mike Love

You really show your ignorance.
1st-A person on disability is actually allowed and encouraged to work. I am able to make up to $11,000. I claim every dollar I make during the high school season. I claim every dollar I make from the city of Sheridan.
2nd-We have a family business(owned by my sister)and property that I am a part of.
3. I never claim my disability was service connected. It was in fact in 1998, I fell 22 feet of a building on a construction project. I have 3 artificial joints due to that. Knee, ankle and hip. 23 different operations, 6 trying to save my ankle joint.
4. I havent "hit" a softball in years
5. Treadway and I are best friends, he "baptized" my girls, and we speak daily. It was way more than sports
6. And I never said i was in a conflict, I said I served
So you should get your facts straight...Like this one
I am man enough to put my real name here, I dont hide who I am and then talk crap about them. You can pm me, and tell me just who you are, and I will be glad to meet you, anywhere, and we can talk about this, as you say, like "Big Boys"...but my guess is, like hiding behind a seaudonym, you will like to stay in hiding. And I am done with you. Unless you pm me.

mack

Quote from: beaverpride on March 12, 2014, 09:19:47 am
um...sorry mikie, been busy with a real job trying to support you and your friends with my tax donations....And by the way...to disabled to work but can volunteer to hit softballs and umpire games doesnt add up....and umpiring 3 days a week is not a real job....i wonder if the government knows your drawing disability and being paid?? Facts are facts and ive laid them out for all on here to see.  cant help that your 3 friends are to da** dumb to know the truth...and sorry treadway isnt there anymore for you to go kiss up too...the rest are kind of glad cause they dont have to deal with your superior knowledge anymore...Back to work....( work that pays for you)...And i support all veterans, but i have a hard time believing anyone that lies this much on a high school website ever got a scratch in a real conflict...Real war veterans have better things to do

Ummmmm, calling somebody a da on here can create problems for you if you ever meet them in person. 

Just sayin',,,,,,

birdman1981

mack

beaverpride

mikie boy you would pee down your hurt ankle if ever confronted by a real man...I know the Sheridan coaches and they are uncontrollably laughing at your posts....They know who you are and how you would hide like a lil bit** if i raised my voice at you...And they checked with the counselor, no athletic scholly from CBC for any of your kids...Sorry mikie

birdman1981

Hey Beaver,

I would find a different 'source' than the coaches at Sheridan.  Heck, we been laughing at them for over the last 6 to 8 years.  All that talent, and no state championships.  Pathetic. 

By the name, my name is Jim Edwards ?  Care to share yours or keep hiding ?

BBRB

Quote from: birdman1981 on March 13, 2014, 01:44:25 pm
Hey Beaver,

I would find a different 'source' than the coaches at Sheridan.  Heck, we been laughing at them for over the last 6 to 8 years.  All that talent, and no state championships.  Pathetic. 

By the name, my name is Jim Edwards ?  Care to share yours or keep hiding ?
He can change it to Lumpy when you're done...HA!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas