• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jr High Tournament

Started by busta, February 04, 2014, 09:35:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mack

Quote from: birdman1981 on March 13, 2014, 01:44:25 pm
Hey Beaver,

I would find a different 'source' than the coaches at Sheridan.  Heck, we been laughing at them for over the last 6 to 8 years.  All that talent, and no state championships.  Pathetic. 

By the name, my name is Jim Edwards ?  Care to share yours or keep hiding ?

Well then tough guy....

My name is Sue.  How do you do?  Now you're gonna die!   :-)

BBRB

Quote from: mack on March 14, 2014, 09:33:20 am
Hey Beaver,

I would find a different 'source' than the coaches at Sheridan.  Heck, we been laughing at them for over the last 6 to 8 years.  All that talent, and no state championships.  Pathetic. 

Well then tough guy....

I hear the train a comin'

birdman1981

Hey Beaver,

Well then tough guy....

Bring it on BIG BOY !  And you can't fish either !  :o

scrub

Sounds like we could sell tickets to this one.  Anyone up for a fundraiser.  Maybe the Jr High parents would like to get in on this!

scrub

New to this.  It's been extremely fun reading this forum.  But what I can't understand is why would anyone go to these lengths to try to prove that someone you don't know played college softball and received a scholarship.  Is it because you or your daughter didn't have that opportunity?  I think that freedom of speech is wonderful.  I am a Marine and defended that right.  But I am also a father of a softball player that will play in college.  How dare anyone say that the money players receive from a school is not an athletic scholarship unless they are DIII.  DIII is the ONLY classification that does not offer athletic scholarships.  Furthermore, who cares where the money comes from.  Those ladies are playing college softball.  Some of those girls decided to take academic money so that it doesn't go against the scholarships available to that school's softball program.  Are those girls not there to play softball or should they be commended for putting the program ahead of themselves.  Just some thoughts. 

mack

Quote from: birdman1981 on March 14, 2014, 10:29:33 am
Hey Beaver,

Well then tough guy....

Yeah,,,, coming from the boy who didn't even tell his wife that I caught the only fish last weekend  LOL

mack

Quote from: scrub on March 14, 2014, 10:56:50 am
New to this.  It's been extremely fun reading this forum.  But what I can't understand is why would anyone go to these lengths to try to prove that someone you don't know played college softball and received a scholarship.  Is it because you or your daughter didn't have that opportunity?  I think that freedom of speech is wonderful.  I am a Marine and defended that right.  But I am also a father of a softball player that will play in college.  How dare anyone say that the money players receive from a school is not an athletic scholarship unless they are DIII.  DIII is the ONLY classification that does not offer athletic scholarships.  Furthermore, who cares where the money comes from.  Those ladies are playing college softball.  Some of those girls decided to take academic money so that it doesn't go against the scholarships available to that school's softball program.  Are those girls not there to play softball or should they be commended for putting the program ahead of themselves.  Just some thoughts.

Dang,,,, I like it better when I don't automatically like newbies on here, but I gotta say you have genuinely passed muster.  [Not that my approval means a darn thing.  Actually hurts you :-)]

Some on here like to further their personal vendettas on here because they are anonymous.  I'm thinking the manly thing to do if you have a problem with someone, is to let them know it personally, not thru a blinded chat room.  Just sayin'.

Your understanding of how the schollie process works is spot on.  I know a gal personally who has almost a full ride at a DIII school.  If she didn't play softball, she would not have gotten all the money she got.  So Beave can say that tecnically girls don't get scholarships to DIII, but we all know how it works.  My DD played DII  and got tuition and books.  [Beave would say big deal, it was only tuition and books]  All you lottery players out there paid her room and board,,,, and I thank your little evil gamblin' hearts for it!  I basically only had to foot her car and spending money.  Heck, I'm proud of any girl who get books only, at any level.  She earned it.

birdman1981

C'mon Beaver,

Come out and play with the boys.  Quit hiding behind your skirt. 

scrub

March 14, 2014, 11:47:40 am #108 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:49:40 am by scrub
Dang,,,, I like it better when I don't automatically like newbies on here, but I gotta say you have genuinely passed muster.  [Not that my approval means a darn thing.  Actually hurts you :-)]

Some on here like to further their personal vendettas on here because they are anonymous.  I'm thinking the manly thing to do if you have a problem with someone, is to let them know it personally, not thru a blinded chat room.  Just sayin'.

Your understanding of how the schollie process works is spot on.  I know a gal personally who has almost a full ride at a DIII school.  If she didn't play softball, she would not have gotten all the money she got.  So Beave can say that tecnically girls don't get scholarships to DIII, but we all know how it works.  My DD played DII  and got tuition and books.  [Beave would say big deal, it was only tuition and books]  All you lottery players out there paid her room and board,,,, and I thank your little evil gamblin' hearts for it!  I basically only had to foot her car and spending money.  Heck, I'm proud of any girl who get books only, at any level.  She earned it.
[/quote]

Thumbs up!  I've been through the process with my daughter.  People who haven't been through it will never understand it.

birdman1981

Quote from: mack on March 14, 2014, 11:22:07 am
Quote from: birdman1981 on March 14, 2014, 10:29:33 am
Hey Beaver,

Well then tough guy....

Yeah,,,, coming from the boy who didn't even tell his wife that I caught the only fish last weekend  LOL

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. 

BBRB

Quote from: mack on March 14, 2014, 11:36:20 am
Quote from: scrub on March 14, 2014, 10:56:50 am

What's especially irritating about using CBC as an example is that there were years when they had as many D-1 players as anyone in the state...Coach Anderson knew SOMETHING about getting'em in a getting them eligible...and/or making them welcome.....At a time when the guy on the hill couldn't find Arkansas on the map

scrub

Well said.  You can say what you want about some of these "small" school programs, but I promise that the "big" don't want to play them very often. 

beaverpride

No d 3 school has or ever will offer schollies birdman, mack , or whichever else of you 6 softball fans that does not understand that...Look up how much the U of A gives in softball scholarships....Its not 7000 to one person...Look on their website...And to Mike and his 4 friends, sorry but ive been working....Thats when you have a job and provide for yourself and have to much pride to get a handout...So maybe one day yall will crawl out of your mommies basement, quit living through your wanna be world series champions, and do something productive besides being a stud behind a keyboard...Ive had a blast with all 5 of you softball fans here in the great state of Arkansas and you provide comic relief to many....Maybe one day unicef will give you a job or pair of balls....until then, keep on being laughed at

BBRB

Quote from: beaverpride on March 18, 2014, 09:29:05 am
No d 3 school has or ever will offer schollies birdman, mack , or whichever else of you 6 softball fans that does not understand that...Look up how much the U of A gives in softball scholarships....Its not 7000 to one person...Look on their website...And to Mike and his 4 friends, sorry but ive been working....Thats when you have a job and provide for yourself and have to much pride to get a handout...So maybe one day yall will crawl out of your mommies basement, quit living through your wanna be world series champions, and do something productive besides being a stud behind a keyboard...Ive had a blast with all 5 of you softball fans here in the great state of Arkansas and you provide comic relief to many....Maybe one day unicef will give you a job or pair of balls....until then, keep on being laughed at
You off today slick or just screwing around on the job?

helmethair

March 18, 2014, 02:09:31 pm #114 Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:11:42 pm by helmethair
LOL nothing worse than a softball dad.  I see these clowns all the time claiming they are going to world series.  Well there are hundreds of them anyone can get into if they pay the money.  Its a joke.  I also see these clowns having their kids play in tournaments starting final play at 2 or 3 a.m.  And these are 8 year olds!  The money these people invest in playing travel softball 7 months out of the year would easily outweigh the little money schools give for a softball scholly.  I will never understand the obsession with softball, the people are so ate up with it.  The real athletes are in other sports, notice there are hardly any blacks playing softball or baseball anymore?

helmethair

scrub

Quote from: helmethair on March 18, 2014, 02:09:31 pm
LOL nothing worse than a softball dad.  I see these clowns all the time claiming they are going to world series.  Well there are hundreds of them anyone can get into if they pay the money.  Its a joke.  I also see these clowns having their kids play in tournaments starting final play at 2 or 3 a.m.  And these are 8 year olds!  The money these people invest in playing travel softball 7 months out of the year would easily outweigh the little money schools give for a softball scholly.  I will never understand the obsession with softball, the people are so ate up with it.  The real athletes are in other sports, notice there are hardly any blacks playing softball or baseball anymore?

Not going to touch that one!  Anyone? 

superrealtor

CBC is not div 3, they are NAIA, and NAIA can, and do offer what ever they want. They are not tied down by NCAA rules. Idiot!

birdman1981

Come out of hiding punk !  I have enough balls to identify myself.  You ?  Didn't think so, wuss.

Same for you Helmet.......man up !

Never been to or wanted to go to a World Series.  I and my daughter have seen things in this country we never would have seen had it not been for softball.  Met people and became great friends; friends we never would have met otherwise. Priceless. She went D2 and received $7500 in scholarships.  The rest was paid by you gambling fools.  No money out of my pocket.

What concern is it of yours how I spend my money and time ?  To get on this board and hide behind a screen name is more despicable than a dad spending quality time with their daughters.  Both of you can go *&%! yourselves. 

mack

I really, really hope to meet you someday........

mack

Quote from: helmethair on March 18, 2014, 02:09:31 pm

Are you really as big a fool as you're coming across here?  Are you so stupid to paint all dads who work with their daughters to participate in a sport with that tiny brush?  Do us and yourself a favor and leave this forum.

birdman1981

Helmet,

You want to jump on here and criticize people investing time and money in their children ?  Support ol' Beaver ?

And you are the one out 'fishing' around on a bulletin board trying to get your 10 year old a tryout on an AAU basketball team ?

Hehehehehehehehe....... ;D  And you think I wasted my time and money !

softballrookie

From what I can tell Helmethair is trying to get his 10 yr old a basketball tryout and beaverpride is an expert in the evaluation of 2A football.  Also beaverpride only posts from 9 am to 3 pm with a break in there for lunch so it would appear that he is employed.  I guess this gets the total up to 7 softball followers.

birdman1981

Hey Helmet,

Bet my girl can strike out your boy !   :P  And it will be overhanded......not underhanded !

birdman1981

And not to let ol' Beaver off the hook....

What kind of name is Beaver ?  Only beaver we know about in these parts I can't say on here......but, looking back, the 'name' fits you.   :o

Xmulerider

My daughter played softball since she was 8 yo.  Did the tourney stuff, went out of state to play, played 4 years of high school.  Now in college, doesn't play anything. No scholarship either.  My wife and I pay every cent of her tuition.  No loans(so far)(2 years to go).  I'm one broke dude,  but,  Id be broke anyways.:).  I wouldn't trade those or these years for anything. 

Mike Love

Quote from: birdman1981 on March 18, 2014, 05:23:11 pm
Hey Helmet,

Bet my girl can strike out your boy !   :P  And it will be overhanded......not underhanded !
I want in on this action!!!I know the backgrounds.:)

helmethair

Lol sure pal.  You boys keep obsessing over girls softball.  I bet some of you Dip s h it s are the same ones having your daughters play at 3 am. 

jacosportsfreak

Come on Moderator, shut this one down and get rid of it!!

Mike Love

Quote from: helmethair on March 18, 2014, 09:55:38 pm
Lol sure pal.  You boys keep obsessing over girls softball.  I bet some of you Dip s h it s are the same ones having your daughters play at 3 am.
Ok, German helmet-head...I agree with one point, some do take it to extremes, with the younger age groups, and act like "Every" tourny is a national title. On the other hand, it is a free country, so far, and they have the right to "choose" how to spend their time and money. And grante, the time and money spent on chasing tournaments, practices lessons etc, far outweigh the cost of any "scholly's" as ya'll call them. But the experience, the relationships, the camraderie, the competition, does build character in the kids, and does make them better players for high school coaches. Probably 95% of the players who do the youth tourny thing never go play college, they play because they love it. And parents go along because they love it as well. Same as baseball, aau basketball, gymnastics, etc. As far as mine go, they are grown, in college or in their careers, so i do speak with some experience. And dont take birdman up on it, his daughter plyed boys baseball till she was like 15, and was the "best" player on the team. And she got one of them "schollys".

Xmulerider

I've never figured anyone's name on this board except mike loves until today.::):). I've only seen one girl play baseball the way y'all speak of.  I've set in the opposite dugout many times and wondered why this group of boys we put together can't even get close to putting a ball in play.  Bird man is a fitting tag::):)

BBRB

Quote from: birdman1981 on March 18, 2014, 04:02:43 pm

Come out of hiding punk !  I have enough balls to identify myself.  You ?  Didn't think so, wuss.

Never been to or wanted to go to a World Series.  I and my daughter have seen things in this country we never would have seen had it not been for softball.  Met people and became great friends; friends we never would have met otherwise. Priceless. She went D2 and received $7500 in scholarships.  The rest was paid by you gambling fools.  No money out of my pocket.

What concern is it of yours how I spend my money and time ?  To get on this board and hide behind a screen name is more despicable than a dad spending quality time with their daughters.  Both of you can go *&%! yourselves.
Something that just dawned on me...Birdman didn't your daughter come up playing baseball against the boys?  Why don't you just send her to kick the beave's butt?  He'll probaly be too embarassed to file charges...HA!!

BBRB

Quote from: BBRB on March 19, 2014, 07:50:19 am
Quote from: birdman1981 on March 18, 2014, 04:02:43 pm

Something that just dawned on me...Birdman didn't your daughter come up playing baseball against the boys?  Why don't you just send her to kick the beave's butt?  He'll probaly be too embarassed to file charges...HA!!
DUH...Should have read to the bottom before posting

helmethair

Im not against girls softball its a good sport and some people dont take it to the extremes.  What Im against are these morons who have 8 and under teams playing at 3 a.m. its just dumb.  Also I see a lot of kids left out because they can't afford to play all the travel ball.  That is why you will see zero blacks on most college baseball and softball teams.  In some cases im sure the daughter actually wants to play as much as the parents but most, not all, I see the daughters getting burned out by high school.  Ive just seen so many parents who think their daughters are gonna be some college stud and they never play. In the end I guess its probably a good thing for the girls having their dads show this much interest because most the wild girls I knew their dads didnt give a rip about them.  I guess I just cant get over a 8 year old playing ball at 3 am after playing since 8am, kinda seems like child abuse.

birdman1981

Quote from: Xmulerider on March 19, 2014, 06:21:37 am
I've never figured anyone's name on this board except mike loves until today.::):). I've only seen one girl play baseball the way y'all speak of.  I've set in the opposite dugout many times and wondered why this group of boys we put together can't even get close to putting a ball in play.  Bird man is a fitting tag::):)

P.M. me.  Gotta know the name of your team....

And yes, she had just enough of a fastball you had to respect, but would follow with a knuckle curve that was devastating.
Lot's of fun.......(in our dugout).  ;D

birdman1981

Busta, back to business at hand.....how many teams now ? 

BBRB

Quote from: helmethair on March 19, 2014, 08:28:46 am
Im not against girls softball its a good sport and some people dont take it to the extremes.  What Im against are these morons who have 8 and under teams playing at 3 a.m. its just dumb.  Also I see a lot of kids left out because they can't afford to play all the travel ball.  That is why you will see zero blacks on most college baseball and softball teams.  In some cases im sure the daughter actually wants to play as much as the parents but most, not all, I see the daughters getting burned out by high school.  Ive just seen so many parents who think their daughters are gonna be some college stud and they never play. In the end I guess its probably a good thing for the girls having their dads show this much interest because most the wild girls I knew their dads didnt give a rip about them.  I guess I just cant get over a 8 year old playing ball at 3 am after playing since 8am, kinda seems like child abuse.
Some good points now that you put it like that

Xmulerider

mack

Quote from: helmethair on March 19, 2014, 08:28:46 am

Now, that's the way to make your point on any subject here.  You need to understand that some of us dip-sts [sticks ]on here take our DDs sports seriously.  No doubt there are some parents who take it to extremes.

birdman1981

Nip/Tusk

Lots of "baseball dads" out there too.

birdman1981

Quote from: birdman1981 on March 19, 2014, 10:49:55 am
Quote from: Xmulerider on March 19, 2014, 09:44:24 am
Dodgers
'Nuff said.  Ya'll hated her.

Clarification:  The Dodgers were a class outfit out of Benton. Competed hard and well coached.  By using the term 'hated her', I meant that they did not like to face her when she was on the mound.  Class act and team. 

ST

Thank god no one knows me! 8)

Xmulerider

Come on!!! Everyone knows you!!  You track stats better than anyone.

ST

Quote from: Xmulerider on March 19, 2014, 10:48:03 pm
Come on!!! Everyone knows you!!  You track stats better than anyone.

For a Big Nasty and some nanner Puddin I will reveal my identity. 8)

Mike Love

For half that I will reveal it for you!

Xmulerider

Mike you don't need any more pudding.

Mike Love

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas