• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remembering Your old Coaches.

Started by Lions84, September 22, 2009, 09:46:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

Quote from: JimmyTiger2001 on October 08, 2015, 11:13:27 pm
His wife told me they hated Monticello so they moved.

Like I said it all over the place but I trust what his wife told you.   

JimmyTiger2001

I wasn't there to know. You very well could be right. I just know he's a heck of a coach

Lions84

Quote from: JimmyTiger2001 on October 10, 2015, 08:56:24 am
I wasn't there to know. You very well could be right. I just know he's a heck of a coach

That is the truth cause my Dad played for Buddy Harding at Clarendon and He measures all the rest against Buddy and Coach Sonny Gordon at Holly Grove.

bigchief72455

November 05, 2015, 01:46:33 pm #103 Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:28:01 pm by bigchief72455
Did not play under him but I think he deserves recognition. Coach Dave Williams, Pocahontas. Inducted into the Van Buren HOF and the AAA HOF. Great coach and developer of young men. 200+ wins over 33 years.

Lions84

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 05, 2015, 01:46:33 pm
Did not play under him but I think he deserves recognition. Coach Dave Williams, Pocahontas. Inducted into the Van Buren HOF and the AAA HOF. Great coach and developer of young men. 200+ wins over 33 years.

Thanks so many never get any real honors except here.

mtindian42

Lions84

Quote from: mtindian42 on April 02, 2016, 09:14:51 pm
Bobby bolding,Shawn Hammond,
Good these men need to be remembered and honored.

Cowkilr13

Played for the winningest coach in Arkansas Coach Frank McClellan. Still respect this man to this day. Turned out alot of young men that were taught values. He was tough but fair. Practices could last from 200pm till 900pm at night. We were there till we got it right. Kuds today dont know what its like to practice and have pride in being apart of tradition. I am proud to be one of the guys who played for coach McClellan.

cuckoobird

Pat Swilling

Anyone remember Buddy Ray?  Awesome Coach who has been in Texas the last few years.

Pat Swilling

my favorite Buddy Ray Quote:

When a player was in panic mode to get to practice on time, he could not find his jockstrap. He ran up to Coach Ray as he was walking out to the field, "Coach Ray, can I have a new jockstrap?" Coach Ray responded in typical Buddy Ray fashion, with his old, rough voice (not happy about the kid being late, so a little mad too!), "Son, if you did not have any feet, would you still ask your mom for new shoes?"

STUNNA

Bo Hembree.... made football fun every single day for us. It was a lifestyle for us. It was a brotherhood for all of us and he was like our second dads!!!! Coaches door will be open for all of us forever if we ever need help, advice,, or just a good talk about life and gods game!!!!

Made

Quote from: STUNNA on December 07, 2016, 05:47:46 pm
Bo Hembree.... made football fun every single day for us. It was a lifestyle for us. It was a brotherhood for all of us and he was like our second dads!!!! Coaches door will be open for all of us forever if we ever need help, advice,, or just a good talk about life and gods game!!!!
Gods game....will have to remember that one.

bigchief72455

Earlier this month former Pocahontas football coach Dave Williams was inducted  posthumously into the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame. He led the Redskins on the field from 1981 to 2013. He guided Pocahontas to 16 state play-off appearances including 9 conference championships.  Selected conference coach of the year 10 times and coached in the Arkansas High School Coaches Association All-Star games four times. He also taught his players about life after football which is a valuable thing to do.

Lions84

Quote from: Cowkilr13 on October 02, 2016, 11:24:54 pm
Played for the winningest coach in Arkansas Coach Frank McClellan. Still respect this man to this day. Turned out alot of young men that were taught values. He was tough but fair. Practices could last from 200pm till 900pm at night. We were there till we got it right. Kuds today dont know what its like to practice and have pride in being apart of tradition. I am proud to be one of the guys who played for coach McClellan.

He is a great man for sure. He came into our field house after they beat us and told me that I had played a great game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas