• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana

Started by AT, May 03, 2017, 02:41:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Pioneer

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 15, 2017, 08:24:46 pm
I remember when Watson chapel came down and dominated too.

Beat me to it.

Hoghead2

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 03, 2017, 02:41:34 pm
How do the South schools feel about this addition?

Adding Texarkana and losing Mills makes football stronger in my opinion. Can Texarkana find success in 5A? God knows they have the talent.
Its a good addition.  It keeps the travel games in the 5A South still easy.  No long Pine Bluff trips. Every school is a hour and half ride or less away. Texarkana will enjoy it.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoghead2 on May 22, 2017, 03:23:17 pm
Its a good addition.  It keeps the travel games in the 5A South still easy.  No long Pine Bluff trips. Every school is a hour and half ride or less away. Texarkana will enjoy it.

It's farther than an hour and a half bus ride from Texarkana to Watson Chapel.

zebrafan

Quote from: Hoghead2 on May 22, 2017, 03:23:17 pm
Chapel is in PB..

AHS06

Texarkana will definitely have less travel.  Pine Bluff is the farthest but it is still within reason.  We've traveled to PB for years. 

GuvHog

Quote from: AHS06 on May 23, 2017, 08:10:02 am
Texarkana will definitely have less travel.  Pine Bluff is the farthest but it is still within reason.  We've traveled to PB for years. 

That's true. Texarkana's 4 closest conference opponents will be an hour and a half away or less. Their longest drives will be to Pine Bluff and Hot Springs.

Hoghead2

My bad Govhog, I thought WC and WH were moving out.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoghead2 on May 24, 2017, 10:40:51 am
My bad Govhog, I thought WC and WH were moving out.

No, most likely just White Hall. They are the closest to the 5A Central area. The 5A central is the conference most affected by the new numbers as they will be getting 2 new schools next year and maybe 3 depending on what Pulaski Academy does.

Hoghead2

Quote from: GuvHog on May 23, 2017, 03:31:25 pm
That's true. Texarkana's 4 closest conference opponents will be an hour and a half away or less. Their longest drives will be to Pine Bluff and Hot Springs.
The Hot Springs vs Texarkana game was a decent rivalry back in the day

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Hoghead2 on May 24, 2017, 03:09:23 pm

yes it was.  almost always had a fight included and a bus rocked a time or two.  i remember those days well. 

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoghead2 on May 24, 2017, 03:09:23 pm

That must have been when the Trojans played in their old stadium.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: GuvHog on June 01, 2017, 02:11:07 pm
That must have been when the Trojans played in their old stadium.

yes.  the stadium was almost like down in a hole.  those games were hard fought and intense. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas